Rejected Playing Showdown - No touch interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, there is no way to play Showdown without access to some kind of touch interface (mouse, touchpad, touchscreen, etc).

Of course, the reason(s) for not being able to have access to the above varies from player to player (unreliability of equipment, breakdown, no funds). However, I consider this a major loophole, please do needful.

You can play using the keyboard; use tabs and arrow keys to navigate between the pages, and commands to select your moves...

Please try to see whether what you're suggesting exists or not.

You can play using the keyboard; use tabs and arrow keys to navigate between the pages, and commands to select your moves...

Please try to see whether what you're suggesting exists or not.
I am specifically referring to battles, in which case your point is incorrect (in my case at least). The focus never moves to selection of attacks, but instead travels within the chat area only.

The chat area is where you enter commands, so I see nothing wrong there?
Inferring there is a way to choose moves with commands? Feel free to shed light on the matter (instead of replying to questions with questions).

I am specifically referring to battles, in which case your point is incorrect (in my case at least). The focus never moves to selection of attacks, but instead travels within the chat area only.
My bad, I had no idea people have started asking questions like this. These links (starting battles, in-battle commands) have what you need, and maybe ask what you want instead of trying to call out people for 'answering your questions with questions' while conveniently forgetting you haven't asked 'em.

My bad, I had no idea people have started asking questions like this. These links (starting battles, in-battle commands) have what you need, and maybe ask what you want instead of trying to call out people for 'answering your questions with questions' while conveniently forgetting you haven't asked 'em.
Overly technical for the average user. An intuitive, convenient way to use the keyboard would address this concern more effectively.

Last edited:

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
This suggestion is: 1. lacking a proper suggestion, it's just a complain without any kind of productive proposal, and 2. it's targetting an overly niche situation.
People that want keyboard commands to use PS because they are doing any kind of technical project can absolutely afford to use the resources linked above. There is no other situation besides technical difficuties with mouse/touchpad (that'd difficult the user's overall use of their device anyways) that'd entail the overcomplications anyone would have to go to program whatever you are trying to suggest. Closing as this will not be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)