Playing better than your best: an Uber Warstory

I liked almost everything about this warstory.

The fact that you knew each other's teams beforehand/had played each other before adds something to the story essentially no other warstory has. The battle itself was fast paced and exciting. Uber battles are significantly less common than the standard OU battle that is posted. The commentary is well informed and well written. Additionally, you chose to include a post game analysis of your team, explaining your strengths and weaknesses; this helps you as a battler and the audience in hopefully learning something from your summary.

Much originality/breaking of the norm, extremely readable and informative. Your warstory does everything that a warstory can and should do. Excellent job.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll probably read this if you remove the red lettering for all of your comments. It just makes it hard to read.

Very nice warstory. Truly one of the better ones I have read the last time. You did an amazing job giving insight into your moves AND put it into a nice little story. Also the recap was unique, and shouldn't be.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wonder how I missed this awesome warstory.

I think my favorite part was the stats roundup you had at the end. Very interesting!

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Whoa, that's a fantastic story! Easily one of the best I've read, like, ever. I love how much prediction and strategy Uber battles have in them, it's amazing.

I've read a lot of warstories, but this is the only one I managed to read all the way through.

Congratulations, Articanus, you've captured my attention for a full 15 minutes.

btw I thought it was really good.

Truely epic. A great use of 8 minutes of my life :D
That was some pretty impressive prediction and you formulated it well into a nice flowing warstory! 6/5 stars!!

I'm glad I've provided the community with a very well liked warstory. =D

Realize that I played him over 4 times with the same teams, though, so it wasn't like I beat him every time.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
This warstory seems to have received a lot of good reviews, and I like it personally as well, so I'll leave it here for a day or two and then move it to the warstory archive.

Well Articanus, congrats on having an awesome Warstory!! Sprites would have made it even more awesome than it already is. Good Job!

Good feedback, greats predictions, original sets, no hax...perfect warstory imo.
BTW, so many not-ubers in this match :O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)