Project Player of the Week - Terreitor

1636927619124.png

Approved by 5gen & S1nn0hC0nfirm3d | Amazing Art by Albatr0ss and butchered by me | Thread formatting stolen from Jett
(Interview Date: 14th of December, 2021)

palpitoad.png
Hey friends and welcome to ZU Palpitoad Player of the Week. This is the project where we learn about some of ZU's finest community members in the form of interviews. In this edition, we are interviewing someone who has been very consistent in tournaments throughout the year and the one semifinalist from ZU Circuit that doesn't have an interview yet. And yes, I am interviewing my opponent again (this time I'll admit I rigged it). Without further ado,

pokemon-lucario.gif
serperior-pokemon.gif
bf7e08db33053e39e3bd775d8289941f_w200.gif

terreitor !!
Favorite Pokémon: :lucario::serperior::oshawott:
(ZU Circuit semi-finalist, ZU tournament player)

ditto.png
Ditto used Transform!
Ditto transformed into Cinccino!

1639658001695.png
*cciiiiino*

palpitoad.png
Hey terreitor, how are you today?

1639658001695.png
Hey czim, just had breakfast so im feeling good

palpitoad.png
Epic, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What did you have?

1639658001695.png
Arepas, a traditional food from my country, wiht eggs on the side

palpitoad.png
Nice, I love arepas, although they're not that easy to find here in Brazil and I never ate one for breakfast lol. Anyways, welcome to Player of the Week! Can you tell us a bit about yourself outside of Pokémon?

1639658001695.png
Breakfast lunch or dinner, they are great at any time. I'm a 21 years old university student from venezuela, i like to spend my time with video games, reading or with my friends.

palpitoad.png
Yeah, I usually have them when I go out during the day for lunch/afternoon snack. They're more common here on food trucks (owned by latin foreigners). Cool, what are you currently studying?

1639658001695.png
Electronic engineering, although thats not going so well rn, the pandemic stopped classes for a long time and online is going really slow.

palpitoad.png
Ah, that sucks, as a fellow engineer the regular classes were already very hard, I imagine I'd struggle a lot online. How's the pandemic going on there? You got your vaccine shot?

1639658001695.png
Yep I got my two shots already, well I don't know the statistics for the country but personally it's been awful, my parents were infected and were bed ridden for weeks and still have sequels

palpitoad.png
That's really unfortunate, hopefully they'll get better! You said you spend a lot of time with video games, which ones are your favorites outside of Pokémon?

1639658001695.png
Legends of runeterra and terraria are the ones i'm playing the most rn. I like strategy or history driven games the most, slay the spire, undertale and deltarune are some of my favorites.

palpitoad.png
Cool picks. I've never played LoR but I like card games, I played Hearthstone for a long time. Terraria is also really fun with friends! Undertale is on my list for sure, I might grab it on a sale eventually. You also mentioned you like to read, what are your favorite books? Anything you're currently reading?

1639658001695.png
Rn I'm into chinese web novels, some of my favorites are the soul land series even with all its problems, one that i would recomend is genius detective if you like police/detective thrillers. for more mainstream picks i really liked mistborn.

palpitoad.png
Oh, that's kinda unique. I don't much about that but I'll definitely check it out. What do you like to watch? Any favorite movies/TV shows/Youtube content?

1639658001695.png
i watch mostly youtube for LoR content or variety youtuber/streamers that I have been following for a long time, I don't watch much tv anymore but me and my brother watch some shows or anime from time to time. Breaking bad and Mr. Robot are some of my favorites. currently watching made in abyss.

palpitoad.png
Breaking Bad and Mr. Robot are excellent picks, great shows! Now into music, what kind of music do you like? Any favorite artists?

1639658001695.png
I listen to a lot of things, game soundtracks, rock, pop, some old music. As long as i like it i will listen to it a lot. If I have to pick my favorite will be one republic, really love their songs.

palpitoad.png
Good stuff, I like some One Republic songs as well. Mercy, All Fall Down, Au Revoir, Say (All I Need) and Let's Hurt Tonight are some of my favorites! You also said you like to hang out with your friends. What do you usually like to do? Pandemic probably changed the usual plans a bit though lol
1639658001695.png
We used to go to the movies when there was a movie someone wanted to see, we went swimming from time to time or just spend time at each other's houses, last big one we picked a house to wacth a movie, cook some pasta and play boardgames. They also love to play just dance. Since the pandemic we havent seen each other much, but recently some of us go to a anime bazar to sped some time.

palpitoad.png
That's nice! I also just recently saw some friends after more than 1 year. Let's change the topic a bit now then. How did you first get started into PS/Smogon? How did you manage to end up in ZU of all places?

1639658001695.png
Also funny side note, in a boardgame we were playing there was a character named Toto and i couldn't take the game seriously. I don't remember how i found PS at the time, but I only played some random battles and forgot about it, in janaury of this year I was playing a pokemon romhack and got a cincinno with skill link that carried the run, and i wanted to keep playing with it, so i remembered PS, got into the builder, and after learning the difference between pu and (pu) I arrived at the zu room

palpitoad.png
(PU) is superior anyways, so you came to the right place! Alright, so i gotta derail this a bit lol, which board game was that? What was the Toto character?

1639658001695.png
I don't remember the name but it was basically a game where you go through primary school and have to answer questions from math to history to advance to the next grade, untill you graduate and win, the pieces on the board were drawings of children and there is one of a fat kid named toto lol.

palpitoad.png
Did toto get any of the spelling questions right? I doubt it. Seems like a fun game though lol. Back to mons then, what are your thoughts on the current SS ZU metagame? Do you think the Vanilla ban was a correct move?

1639658001695.png
I like the current meta, defensive playstyles are really hard to use because you can't prep for everything so nearly every breaker has potential to shine. Imo Icecream ban was correct, the mon had the tools to get past any of its checks between specs and taunt sets, and although it is difficult to put it into positions to click buttons, zu has really good offensive and deffensive pivots to let it be a difficult mon to prep against

palpitoad.png
Good to hear! If you were the ZU dictator, which step would you take next? Would you ban/test something? Or would you bring back an element from ZUBL?

1639658001695.png
I would keep a look on Sandslash-A and Aurorus if we don't loose them next shifts, the first one being a really scary breaker after one sd and the later having no walls (except protec cryo). If i really were to bring something back it would be Vikavolt, loved using that mon.

palpitoad.png
Yeah, the hail mons still seem dominant despite Vanilluxe leaving! If you could drop on mon from PU into our metagame, which one would it be?

1639658001695.png
I haven't played pu but Whimsicott looks like a great utility defoger to add to our limited hazard removal options

palpitoad.png
Itd also be a fairy that has a decent darkvally mu, so it definitely looks cool, also would be a rly nice thwackey check, so good pick! You qualified to Circuit playoffs on your first year and you just reached semifinals!Which games were the most memorable for you this year? How did you manage to be consistent in tournaments throughout the year despite being quite new?

1639658001695.png
The game I remember the most is the first one in my series vs daniYSB in the spring seasonal, that was the first match that i tried to seriusly prep/scout for and was really happy when i saw bouff match up vs his team, sadly i played really bad and lost that game. As for consistency i don't know what to tell you, a good part of my games where won on the team selection without any flashy plays in game, so i think a good teambuilding proccesse is essential to give good results.

palpitoad.png
Teambuilding/prepping is half the game for sure. Now into a more whacky question. You can take 3 Pokémon with you to a deserted island, where you'll be stranded for months. Which ones do you take and what would they help you with?

1639658001695.png
Pelipper means infinite fish supply + air vision, mr.mime looks like a great chef+ psychic can move heavy things and lastly Rapidash-G to move quickly around the island and a emergency medic.

palpitoad.png
Lol, great answer! Do you have a team you'd like to share with us?

1639658001695.png
:miltank::tangela::sawk::wishiwashi::rotom::dugtrio-alola:
It's the team I used vs yovan33321 in circuit, a simple balance relaying on band sawk to do the breaking. although dug stole the entire show.

palpitoad.png
Yovan's a tough opponent though, so that was a good win for you. Thanks for the team! We're starting to wrap this up so, is there anyone you wanna shout out? Anything else you wanna say?

1639658001695.png
I would like to thank the zu community, you are all a great reason why I decided to continue playing mons competitively. Shout outs to Toto, AstilCodex and thebtboy.

palpitoad.png
Great! Hope you enjoyed being in Player of the Week and thanks for letting me interview you! Good luck on our match!

1639658001695.png
Thanks for having me, and Good luck to you too.

Feel free to ask terreitor any questions you want!

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
1. Rate which items fit on Satan Cinccino best both competitively and aesthetically:
Choice Scarf, Choice Band, Heavy-Duty Boots, King’s Rock, Life Orb, Lum Berry, Rocky Helmet, Silk Scarf
2. Does rby zu exist?
3. Hyped for/ watched spider man no way home yet?

1. Rate which items fit on Satan Cinccino best both competitively and aesthetically:
Choice Scarf, Choice Band, Heavy-Duty Boots, King’s Rock, Life Orb, Lum Berry, Rocky Helmet, Silk Scarf
2. Does rby zu exist?
3. Hyped for/ watched spider man no way home yet?
1. in order
Competitively: Expert belt, Choice band, Kings rock, Choice scarf, Life orb,HDB, Silk Scarf, Lum berry, Rocky Helmet.
Aesthetically: Kings rock, Silk scarf, choice band, Choice scarf, Lum berry, Life orb, HDB, Rocky helmet
2. it does if you belive hard enough
3. My friends loved it, so i'm looking forward to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)