Platinum without Heatran and Swine

This team is very offensive and attempts to showcase what the new threats of plt are capable. The team also is designed to allow the sweeps of the threats and can counter the threats itself. I love the combination of Scizor and Kingdra too. Heatran = screwed anyway..
Enough of an Intro.

(Infernape) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 44 Atk/252 Spd/212 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

This is my lead and a good one at that after rocks are out sucide is his goal whilst trying to take as many pokes down with it too. Focus sash ruins scarfers and fake out ruins sash. This is kind of a pseudo anti lead whilst little can switch in safely when he goes down i get a free switch which is nice i love people setting up on him as i just dont care what happens to him too.

Kingdra (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 24 HP/252 Atk/234 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Substitute

Kingdra is amazing. I love this set and it has suprising durability due to its excellent typing. Sniper is key here as if i get a crit on a steel it goes down. Substitute block status. Only walled by empoleon with moveset. He can also take fire blast all day from heatran yet he doesnt like a burn.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 142 HP/252 Atk/116 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

This is so broken with the amount of heatran counters i have. I love switching this into most walls and gengar too can also act as a revenge killer. With these evs he can often get 6 + attack roosting then dancing which equals gg. I like using this to force fire blast out of heatran then going to kingdra.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/156 Def/40 Spd/60 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This is my own ev spread speed to outrun standard celebii and SAtk to power up. Physical wall for scizor, lucario and loads of other stuff. Discharge is so good for all the dancing mences who is 3 hkod by it and will die from para hopefully. HP grass rapes pert and rhyperior. Heatwave kills mamo and the like who wont ohko often.

Shaymin-s @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This guy is an excellent revenge kiler and can put a lot of doubt in the opponents mind as to what set im running Heatran often falls to this little crack fawn. HP ice for dragons and seedflare can often rape shit.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/70 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf
- Ice Beam

This is so lovely he can take hits so well and if i sense grass attack just switch to shaymin-s. He takes twaves and can wish up also my gyarados counter. He can also wall most special sweepers and with his SAtk stat often take them down while not being setup bait like tentacruel.grr.

Yeah anyway waddya think.

It's interesting. Ever considered putting rain dance on something? It powers down fire moves that give stuff trouble and helps kingdra... somehow...

how much dmg does a typical fire blast do from Heatran? Just curious...

It's interesting. Ever considered putting rain dance on something? It powers down fire moves that give stuff trouble and helps kingdra... somehow...

how much dmg does a typical fire blast do from Heatran? Just curious...
To what

to kingdra about 20%
to vaporeon about 20%
zapdos can take one i think with sr ohko

but the point is i can revenge kill with skymin

When platinum came out zapdos got so much improvements, but i dont see people trying to counter just like u.
Zapdos @ LO
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd
-Thunderbolt
-Heat wave
-Hidden power ice
-Roost/ Filler
Zapdos is the number one counter for skymin, once the opponent sees all that switching and realises that ur scrafed he'l come in on earth power and start sweeping. Thunderbolt 2HKOes kingdra and infernape , OHKOes vappy, Heat wave OHKOes scizor and HP ice OHKOes skymin... All u can do is PP stall it with zapdos with roost but if he gets a crit (wich he'll eventually get) ur done...
Hope I helped! B-)

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If I KO something with Heatran and you bring out Shaymin-S I know full well its Scarfed.

skymin can revenge kill with hp ice and infernape can do loads with fire blast.
Im not afraid to sacrifice a poke for this.

+ this set which i once ran is extremely uncommon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)