Platinum Battle Frontier Tournament (Round 3 - Battle Arcade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
KD24 and JRRRRRRR host the Platinum Battle Frontier Tournament!

After some intense Battle Factory battles with some of the most frustrating luck for some players, only 16 strong souls remain.

"Very good!", say the impressed Frontier Brains. However, there is no time to rest. You are quickly shoved towards the Battle Arcade where planning is a bit more important than in the last few rounds. The brains tell you that even though the last rounds encouraged you to play the odds, this round is much more skill-oriented, requiring lots of thought to be put into one quick battle.

RULES:
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • Self KO Clause
  • Item Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Do Not Complain!
  • Latias, Garchomp and Latios are allowed!
  • Manaphy, Jirachi, and Celebi are not!
  • Wobbuffet is not allowed!
  • All matches are done at Level 50 with the exception of the final match!
OHKO Clause and Evasion Clause are not in effect.

This is a fun tourney to test your different knowledge and ideas of Pokemon and the Frontier

1st Round: Battle Hall; You can only choose one Pokemon to use.
2nd Round: Battle Factory; You will be PMed 6 completely random Pokemon. Both players will select two Pokemon they wish to use which will then be PMed back to the opponent. The opponent will use this knowledge to make their 3rd selection.
3rd Round: Battle Arcade; The rules have been completely changed! In the Battle Arcade, you will choose a team of 3 Pokemon, any 3 you want ... but they must all be the same type! You and your opponent won't know the types until actually in battle.
4th Round: Battle Castle; Instead of decreasing levels, you can eliminate potential teams all together! Before this 3 vs 3 battle starts, both players send in PMs that eliminate 6 Pokemon from their opponent's choice. For example, If I send a PM to jrrrrrr that says "ban garchomp, gyarados, infernape, blissey, salamence, flygon" the opponent will not be able to make their team with any of these 3.
5th Round: Battle Tower; 3 vs 3 level 50 Frontier Semifinals
6th Round: 6 VS 6 level 100 Frontier Championship Battle

This is the third round:

3rd Round: Battle Arcade; The rules have been completely changed! In the Battle Arcade, you will choose a team of 3 Pokemon, any 3 you want ... but they must all be the same type! You and your opponent won't know the types until actually in battle.

Round 3 pairings:

silentecho vs. tito
Kaxtar vs. MS
Goofball
vs. Olie
Locopoke vs. Reachzero
stone_cold22
vs. Hectortu
SoT
vs. Twash
TheFourthChaser vs. snorlax
matty
vs. Mister Militia

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, REMEMBER THESE RULES BEFORE YOU BATTLE:
- pokemon must be at level 50
- all three pokemon must share one common type (gastly/duskull/sableye is a valid team but gastly/tentacool/magikarp is not)
- after choosing your three, fill the last three slots with magikarp or something equally as useless. Do not attempt to use 6 pokemon of the same type and choose 3 depending on how the battle goes.
- START WITH A POKEMON THAT YOU INTEND TO USE. DO NOT LEAD WITH YOUR "FILLER" POKEMON

I am requiring that you send me a log after you battle. SAVE YOUR LOGS.

good luck to all

RB Golbat vs. tito
Kaxter vs. MS
Goofball vs. Olie
Locopokevs. Reachzero
stone_cold22 vs. Hectortu
SOT vs. Twash
matty vs.Mister Militia

I wish I was still in this. xD

Good luck.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
RB Golbat vs. tito
Kaxter vs. MS
Goofball
vs. Olie
Locopokevs. Reachzero
stone_cold22
vs. Hectortu
SOT
vs. Twash
TheFourthChaser vs.snorlax
matty
vs.Mister Militia

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh good, my Late Night Tourney Rival, we meet again >: )

RB Golbat vs. tito - good battle here, not sure tbh
Kaxter vs. MS - Mysterious Stripper will use her teeth to grind up on that bitch :\
Goofball
vs. Olie - fucking goof
Locopokevs. Reachzero - another good battle, I take reach edgin locos out
stone_cold22
vs. Hectortu - vagina #2 please
SOT
vs. Twash - idk
matty
vs. Mister Militia - obviously me?

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RB Golbat vs. tito
Kaxter vs. MS
Goofball
vs. Olie
Locopoke vs. Reachzero
stone_cold22
vs. Hectortu
SoT
vs. Twash
matty
vs. Mister Militia

seriously goof.... I hate you jrrrr

I also hate matty :p

RB Golbat vs. tito
Kaxter vs. MS
Goofball
vs. Olie - gl mate
Locopoke vs. Reachzero
stone_cold22
vs. Hectortu
SoT
vs. Twash
matty
vs. Mister Militia

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
RB Golbat vs. tito
Kaxter vs. MS
Goofball
vs. Olie
Locopoke vs. Reachzero
stone_cold22
vs. Hectortu <--- lol
SoT
vs. Twash
TheFourthChaser vs.snorlax
matty
vs. Mister Militia

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I declare this rigged.

Not really...

But first i get Brian McCann....then Hector.....I mean come on....

Another round where I get paired up with a really good player. Good Luck MS, and may the best player win.

Also Matty, I'm not a bitch =P.

And KD24/Gay Dolphin, should I make it to the next round, please don't spell my name incorectly.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
haha, well this should be fun. I see twash on msn/irc, shouldn't be hard to make contact.

RB Golbat vs. tito
Kaxter vs. MS
Goofball
vs. Olie- GOGOGOGO TUTOR!
Locopoke vs. Reachzero
stone_cold22
vs. Hectortu- Stone, you'd better beat him.
SoT
vs. Twash- Twash sounds like "SQUASH" and that's what he's going to do to SoT.
matty
vs. Mister Militia

Duskie

Boats n Hoes
RB Golbat vs. tito
Kaxter vs. MS
Goofball
vs. Olie
Locopoke vs. Reachzero
stone_cold22
vs.Hectortu
SoT
vs. Twash -Son of a plumber mabey?
matty
vs. Mister Militia

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
explorer ace is clearly not familiar with the pronunciation of words. Twash doesn't sound like Squash at all, thus meaning it will not happen.

I always pronounced "twash" as in "trash" but said like a 4 year old with speech problems had said it.

RB Golbat vs. tito
Kaxter vs. MS
Goofball vs. Olie
Locopoke vs. Reachzero
stone_cold22 vs. Hectortu
SoT vs. Twash
matty vs. Mister Militia

Just ma humble opinion.

The funny thing is all of you are wrong (especially Olie, grr).

/edit: actually EA is right (twosh)

I will PM you later.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I updated the bracket, since RB Golbat said he was unable to play. I put his opponent from the last round in, silentecho, and I PMd him and his opponent so that they are aware of the change.

And KD24/Gay Dolphin, should I make it to the next round, please don't spell my name incorectly.
Sorry, its fixed now ^___^

I declare this rigged.
The pairings were set up by a crude random number generator I made. RN1 vs RN2, RN3 vs RN4, etc. Even if kd24 and I rigged pairings for some reason that you conveniently left out of your accusatory post, why would we single you out while also putting Smogon moderators and badgeholders together in multiple matches in this round? Your post doesn't even make sense. If you have a complaint, file it with a tournament moderator. Otherwise, shut up. To use a pokemon analogy: there are only 16 people in this round, your chances of getting a specific opponent were the same as getting a critical hit. Personally, I would be much more upset if I was Olie or locopoke than if I was you. Both you and hectortu made a very serious accusation with absolutely nothing to back it up, so I felt that it was worth my time to address it before someone takes it seriously.

Let's get these matches done. I'll give a deadline based on how the first week turns out. It will likely be 2 weeks from today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)