Phanpy (Gen 4, LC Analysis)''

Status
Not open for further replies.
vs 76 HP / 116 Def Omanyte

Earthquake:

(95.24% - 123.81%) 75% chance to OHKO

Seed Bomb:

(95.24% - 133.33%) 93% chance to OHKO

Seed Bomb isn't much better but there are benefits. Actually, you might just want to remove the comment about Seed Bomb for Omanyte since the only viable / good omanyte lead runs 156 Speed EVs and beats Phanpy anywhere. Just be sure to mention Croagunk in SC's.

It just more reliably breaks Misdreavus Substitutes after a burn than Ice Shard or Head Smash (accuracy).

Erm so I have removed mentions of Seed Bomb since it is a generally sucky move and tbh a burnt phanpy (or any phanpy for that matter) isnt meant to be taking on misdreavus, and giving up Head Smash for something with just over half the power + less coverage is ridiculuous.

Thanks for the check Fuzznip, and Bronzor is not a counter to Cranidos due to Mold Breaker EQ which OHKOes easily.

OK "done" now

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Quick things I noticed while looking through this analysis:
Endeavor said:
Bronzor takes little damage from most priority attacks, and as such it makes a great partner to switch in after Phanpy falls, which won't take long considering it will stay at one HP most of the time.
Choice Band said:
Even max HP / max Def Gligar has a chance of being 2HKOed by Ice Shard, factoring in the recovery from its Oran Berry.
Team Options said:
Mantyke covers Phanpy's weaknesses quite well, sporting an immunity to one of the most common offensive types, Water, while using its massive base 120 Special Defense to sponge neutral special Grass- and Ice-type hits.
EVs said:
Since all of Phanpy's base stats end in a zero, it can get three points in two stats and two points in another, which makes EVing Phanpy for optimal efficiency easier.
If I see anything else I'll post again.

EDIT: Oh, and you may want to recheck the OHKOes/OHKOs rule, because I think you had them backwards somewhere in the analysis.

Snover can eliminated with a Croagunk, thanks to its STAB priority move in Vacuum Wave, while being able to break a potential Substitute with Fake Out.
I would never switch in Croagunk against Snover, who has a powerful STAB Blizzard which, if I remember correctly, OHKOes Croagunk. You should probably mention a more surefire counter/check, like Houndour. It can either hit it with Pursuit as it switches out for heavy damage, or scorch it to death with Fire Blast if it tries to stay in.

Snover can also completely ruin Phanpy's strategy by inducing Hail, which will finish off Phanpy when the turn ends.
That's a really small mention of Snover in the Counters section. It doesn't only ruin Phanpy by inducing an everlasting hailstorm, but its capable of threatening Phanpy in general. In the lead position, Phanpy is immediately threatened by Snover's Blizzard, so you should let the reader know about this., rather than saying it can set up a hailstorm which Phanpy hates.

You should also mention why Bronzor is not a solid counter to Cranidos, because I completely forgot about Mold Breaker, heh.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Black Buddha has informed me that he is no longer working on this analysis. As such, I'm locking this and re-opening it for claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)