UDM31 3500
kdca 6500
Beka 5500
Lialiabeast 4000
spoo 6000
ARandomPerson 3000
hidin 6000
gastlies 5500

I thanked them personally last night, but I also want to give a public shout-out to zxgzxg and TTTech for taking the reigns of a team at the very last moment and auctioning on behalf of the Phantomire Gourgeists. Wishing you and your squad the biggest of Ws for the PMPL!

Hoenn Gaiden Power Rankings
or: How I Decided to Become a Spectator and Turn This Into a Roasting Opportunity
1. JimCool
Straight up the most dominant Hoenn Gaiden player of recent times. An honourary successor on the CCC's team to yours truly, if I may say so. Jimothy has powered his way into both finals of the two most recent Hoenn Gaiden tournaments, winning one of these and joint winning the other alongside Fruhdazi. Jim's honestly been at least 1 step ahead of the rest of us as developments happen, and I'm confident that of all the players, he's the most likely to produce fireworks.

Iron Mugilis is completely unviable in the Hoenn Gaiden metagame though. Sorry, Jim fans.

2. Pokology, Faucet
I was unsure of how I was going to pick one of these two as a favourite against the other, but now I don't have to since they are PL teammates. This is a great power duo -- Hoenn Gaiden suits Pokology's experimental building tendencies very well, and he's picked up the tier extremely quickly. A lot of unnoticed techs have been shown off, and I think Pokology with such a large repetoire of tricks in the teambuilder could really pop.

Faucet: what a trainer arc, legitimately; Faucet's learned this tier just as quickly as Pokology. I'm hoping that they compliment each other well as both of them have differing build + play styles. I've built, teamed and played vs Faucet a lot recently and he's sharpened his understanding of the tier to a great degree. Definitely a player who shouldn't be slept on.

Non-HG players: tune in here if you just want to see unabridged chaos brought in the form of a Pet Mods competition. Whether it goes well or goes badly, it'll definitely be entertaining.

3. Shitrock enjoyer
Fruhdazi's performance seems like it's going to be down to how motivated he is to pull through every week. In terms of understanding Hoenn Gaiden, he's right up there with Jimothy and has a great track record to back it up. Other than possibly Gekokeso, there's no player who stands out to me as a support option which might hurt Fruhdazi's progress, but I've seen this fella refine teams to a pretty crazy degree completely by himself. Watch out for funny checkmate scenarios in games that may occur -- they're at their mostly likely here methinks.

Massively anticipating having to ban something by July thanks to Fruhdazi.

4. Bynum, DkKoba
Somehow this pair ends up being the craziest Hoenn Gaiden to show up this year. I think it's a pretty decent pairing, it's just that historically the tournament results haven't quite been alongside to back it up. Bynum's tendency to mix up his playstyle from game-to-game can hugely throw off people who are addicted to playing by the rulebook. DkKoba's... sigh... 'tendencies' to experiment could work with Bynum favourably??? Time will tell I guess, right?

Let's just say I'm ready for the fringe viable Mon to nab a 1-0 100% winrate in the statistics sheet. That much I can safely predict for the Tinkatons

5. SEA, LRXC
What a duet, lol... Could just as easily go 5-0 as they could go 0-5. I can't predict how much effort either of this pair is going to put into learning Hoenn Gaiden but the potential is obviously there. It's almost entirely dependent on how tempting it is for SEA to go buckwild with experimentation, or use ADV OU teams, or whichever combination of the two they are feeling on any given week.

Idrk what I can say about LRXC. Played last year, brought heat teams, hasn't kept up-to-date on trends from what I'm aware. Legitimately cannot pin a prediciton on LRXC when the landcape of the tier and the playerbase itself has completely changed since he was last with us. Make something cool happen, bossman!

Oh and don't forget to sign both your names in the hotel register as you leave us..!

6. UDM31

Sorry bro. Wildcard pick for sure -- I don't think UDM31's tournament experience is quite there yet but I'm super happy to see them (hopefully) start for the PL. UDM's understanding of the tier is actually quite solid in my opinion, but I think the takes can occasionally be too spicy and too inconsistent, at least until they produce some results anyhow. Definitely going to give a challenge for the money at the very least.

Just go nuts, man. You have huge potential to cause some upsets. Be strong and go forth.

7. xXBootyPopperXx
I was hoping for some batsh*t Parasect teams landing 4 turn sleeps and making the other players mald. WOATed.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
french people pr :swole:

1. cao jie & tuthur
not only did the gourgeist managed to get two french poeple they also happen to get the two people who know Supra-Airmure (slt bébou <3) in the pool which gives them the massive advantage that is the power of the moon and romance and anime. Way to go! Tuthur has been robbed lately about things im still angry about >:( but hopefully that gives him what we call in french "la dalle". Idk much about ikiq but their new username is slay slay and they played werewolf in arcade which im 99% positive translates into good pokemon skills (just look at me). anyways great lineup

2. Beka
i know one thing about them and its that they are french so here take the second place :blobthumbsup:

3. mossy sandwich & me
now we're both canadians rather than french which for most people would give us the edge because french are throwing up emoji, however in this specific contest of frenchness we lose as its been scientifically established one quebec person is equal to a third of a french, i think it was because of the timezones anyway idk. ive never seen mossy speak french even once which makes me doubtful he even speaks it, he could be brazilian for all i know, also he's probably gonna hold a grudge against me that will never be externalized but that will continue to grow and bubble up over time because i included him in this dumbass post

4. sabelette
i have no idea if they are french but as a precaution ill include them just in case. schrodinger's french, u get 4th place because 1/2 < 2/3

6. ex aequo: the other teams

rep akeras rep damflame rep magmajudis

if u r french and i didnt mention you here sorry not sorry you were probably not important, anyway its probably for the best if ppl forget u r french

macron démission et bonne pmpl

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
More power rankings woooooo

Just like last year, I'm gonna drop my Team Power Rankings for JolteMons and watch as they age horribly because I barely did research!

PMPL II JOLTEMONS POWER RANKINGS

#1.:dachsbun:Dave's Dachsbuns
This team is full of extremely skilled players but not many that have any experience in Pet Mods, so it'll be interesting to see how they pan out. That said, this team is never gonna have to worry about JolteMons, picking up both of the best Jolte players from the last PMPL in dex and Xrn. In the last PMPL they played almost every week, including playoffs, and only lost a combined 3 games, one of which being against each other. This experience combined with their skill will also make it very easy for them to prep others to play JolteMons if they're both needed for other tiers, a huge asset to have on a team that's mostly new to Pet Mods. Even with the super high level of competition in the Jolte slot, expect big things from this team.

#2.:tinkaton:Think-A-Ton Crew
This team's high ranking is very simple, earl and scorbunnys form a great core of experienced JolteMons players, which scorbunnys particularly having a great showing in the last PMPL, even getting a win on dex. scor will likely be the starter for JolteMons as earl is needed for FESV, but earl still provides invaluable teambuilding and testing that'll make scor even scarier. Plus, I highly value experience in Pet Mods, as experienced players can both abuse niche janky stuff and more easily recognize and play around their opponent using such things.

#3.:urshifu:Close Combat Comrades
3-5 are a bit jumbled and could realistically go in any order, but I'm gonna give the nod to the Comrades here because of their experience in Jolte compared to other teams. Paulluxx is a council member on JolteMons, while Superior Serperior has been one of JolteMons most active players for the mod's entire lifespan and is always willing to test with people. Both should invaluable resources, but neither are likely to start in JolteMons because they're needed for other tiers. Luckily, the Comrades have hidin, a skilled NatDex player, who should be able to adapt to JolteMons pretty easily with help from Serp and Paull. EDIT: Oh yeah, this team also has Clas and Gravity Monkey as if they didn't have enough Jolte experience with just Serp.

#4.
Workers Union of Gensokyo

This might be a bold prediction putting the Union above the other two teams, since they don't have anything in terms of a JolteMons player aside from anaconja having some experience in the tier. However, kinda like the Dachsbuns, the team is full of great players that can likely adapt well enough to the tier to do well, particularly SPL winner Baloor and NatDex Circuit Champion crying. Not to mention, ana is an underrated JolteMons resources, building a ton of great teams during the last PMPL, which surely contributed to dex's great performance in that tournament. Thus, I won't be surprised if this ages poorly.

#5.:tropius:United Tropius Company
Next is the United Tropius Company, another team with not much in terms of JolteMons players, with just the occasional Bobsican and Gekokeso, but both are needed for other tiers. However, they do have vstra, who was voted the best NatDex OU Player and Best NatDex Tour Player of 2022, and as well as a good general Pet Mods player in Tanny89k, so they'll probably do fine, likely better even because of vstra.

#6.:gourgeist:Phantomire Gourgeists
I'm guaranteeing that this won't age well by doubting the Gourgs, but here they are at the bottom of this ranking. This is not to say that they have a bad Jolte slot, far from it as council member zxgzxg is a great resource and they generally have good players. It's just that, from the bit of research I did, it appears that they don't really have NatDex singles players, let alone Jolte players, and zxgzxg is usually needed for FESV, so it's hard to put them above other teams on paper. But, with zxg as a resource and Jolte being decently easy to get into, they'll probably do fine. From the Week 1 lineup, it looks like they'll be starting Fluore in this slot, who plays a ton of different tiers, so that adaptability should translate well here.

See you soon for 2023 JolteMons content

Taka

I'm the truth only time will teach ya
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Hoenn Gaiden Power Rankings
or: How I Decided to Become a Spectator and Turn This Into a Roasting Opportunity
1. JimCool
Straight up the most dominant Hoenn Gaiden player of recent times. An honourary successor on the CCC's team to yours truly, if I may say so. Jimothy has powered his way into both finals of the two most recent Hoenn Gaiden tournaments, winning one of these and joint winning the other alongside Fruhdazi. Jim's honestly been at least 1 step ahead of the rest of us as developments happen, and I'm confident that of all the players, he's the most likely to produce fireworks.

Iron Mugilis is completely unviable in the Hoenn Gaiden metagame though. Sorry, Jim fans.

2. Pokology, Faucet
I was unsure of how I was going to pick one of these two as a favourite against the other, but now I don't have to since they are PL teammates. This is a great power duo -- Hoenn Gaiden suits Pokology's experimental building tendencies very well, and he's picked up the tier extremely quickly. A lot of unnoticed techs have been shown off, and I think Pokology with such a large repetoire of tricks in the teambuilder could really pop.

Faucet: what a trainer arc, legitimately; Faucet's learned this tier just as quickly as Pokology. I'm hoping that they compliment each other well as both of them have differing build + play styles. I've built, teamed and played vs Faucet a lot recently and he's sharpened his understanding of the tier to a great degree. Definitely a player who shouldn't be slept on.

Non-HG players: tune in here if you just want to see unabridged chaos brought in the form of a Pet Mods competition. Whether it goes well or goes badly, it'll definitely be entertaining.

3. Shitrock enjoyer
Fruhdazi's performance seems like it's going to be down to how motivated he is to pull through every week. In terms of understanding Hoenn Gaiden, he's right up there with Jimothy and has a great track record to back it up. Other than possibly Gekokeso, there's no player who stands out to me as a support option which might hurt Fruhdazi's progress, but I've seen this fella refine teams to a pretty crazy degree completely by himself. Watch out for funny checkmate scenarios in games that may occur -- they're at their mostly likely here methinks.

Massively anticipating having to ban something by July thanks to Fruhdazi.

4. Bynum, DkKoba
Somehow this pair ends up being the craziest Hoenn Gaiden to show up this year. I think it's a pretty decent pairing, it's just that historically the tournament results haven't quite been alongside to back it up. Bynum's tendency to mix up his playstyle from game-to-game can hugely throw off people who are addicted to playing by the rulebook. DkKoba's... sigh... 'tendencies' to experiment could work with Bynum favourably??? Time will tell I guess, right?

Let's just say I'm ready for the fringe viable Mon to nab a 1-0 100% winrate in the statistics sheet. That much I can safely predict for the Tinkatons

5. SEA, LRXC
What a duet, lol... Could just as easily go 5-0 as they could go 0-5. I can't predict how much effort either of this pair is going to put into learning Hoenn Gaiden but the potential is obviously there. It's almost entirely dependent on how tempting it is for SEA to go buckwild with experimentation, or use ADV OU teams, or whichever combination of the two they are feeling on any given week.

Idrk what I can say about LRXC. Played last year, brought heat teams, hasn't kept up-to-date on trends from what I'm aware. Legitimately cannot pin a prediciton on LRXC when the landcape of the tier and the playerbase itself has completely changed since he was last with us. Make something cool happen, bossman!

Oh and don't forget to sign both your names in the hotel register as you leave us..!

6. UDM31
Sorry bro. Wildcard pick for sure -- I don't think UDM31's tournament experience is quite there yet but I'm super happy to see them (hopefully) start for the PL. UDM's understanding of the tier is actually quite solid in my opinion, but I think the takes can occasionally be too spicy and too inconsistent, at least until they produce some results anyhow. Definitely going to give a challenge for the money at the very least.

Just go nuts, man. You have huge potential to cause some upsets. Be strong and go forth.

7. xXBootyPopperXx
I was hoping for some batsh*t Parasect teams landing 4 turn sleeps and making the other players mald. WOATed.
UDM31

Going to do my power rankings for the first five weeks.

PMPL 2 POWER RANKINGS

#1. :gourgeist: Phantomire Gourgeists
If you don't think this team is going to win the first five weeks, what are you on. They did it last year and they'll do it this year. They had a funny auction mishap--But this only made them stronger. They have gone from two managers, to a council of managers, and it's highly likely that they have expanded upon this concept even further to believe each player is a manager. They are philosophers, warriors, and most importantly farmers.
1684692395525.png

(Pictured above; What is assumed is the Phantomire Gourgeists private discussions)
#2.:dachsbun:Dave's Dachsbuns
Fresh faces to the PM scene, and just good players all around. Much akin to the CCC's of last PMPL, Dave's Dachsbuns are raw beef(dough?) in individual player might and are already showing off their abilities. Most importantly they seem to be having fun while doing it. I have no greater statements about them, other than to keep an eye on their replays for some fire matches as this lot is cookin.

1684692956207.png

(Sure they're cookin, but what are they cookin?)

#3.:tinkaton:Think-A-Ton Crew
The crew! Sticky and I drafted the team we wanted and didn't spare a dime! No seriously we used up all of our funds in the auction on our crew, and it's been well worth it! Our team is full of chill folks that just want to play the game and groove--Winning seems to be a juicy bonus to the matches played. Very likely we bumble our way past these five weeks right up to the top without much thought.

1684693698694.png

(Wait who's our rivals this PL? Whatever, we gonna bonk CCC when it comes to it.)

#4. :tropius: United Tropius Company
In the previous PL, I had nominated Gekokeso as my team's MVP, not for their raw ability to game, but by how effective of a hypeman and community presence they are able to hold... And I stand by that to this very day! The lad is a force to be reckoned with, and I regret to only put them in the #4 spot simply because I haven't kept tabs on them at all, I know nothing of what they're up to currently! Knowing Gek, this could mean there's a plot to make it out of this groups stage and into the finals... Or they forgot to invite me to their discord.
1684694362385.png

(No for real Gek, where ya been, you haven't messaged me in awhile!)
#5.:urshifu:Close Combat Comrades
The likes of Gravity Monkey, JimCool, and Mossy isn't enough to save you Paul. You're a big nerd. You had more than enough cash to outbid me on Jester, and now you pay the price. You may foolishly think that I believe only Jester was needed to defeat you, but no, I was playing a mindgame in the auction phase, I played a game of chicken with a semi-truck, and I won. Your team has to bring their A game for this PL, cause competition is fierce. >:)

1684695437800.png

(Take out the papers and the trash, or you don't get no spending cash.
If you don't scrub that kitchen floor, you ain't gonna rock and roll no more.)

#6.
Workers Union of Gensokyo

No pokemon theme to this team... The theme is simply just cringe? Strange! Honestly can't get a pulse on them considering no one is in their discord, and they don't talk much, there are no memes, and I don't even know what a "Gensokyo" is..!

1684694713474.png

(It is already over for you. For you see, I have depicted you as the the soyjak.)

Anyways
This concludes my PMPL2 POWER RANKINGS, these are all arbitrary at the end of the day but like the rest of the PL--good fun!

Ladies and gentlemen, Pokémon enthusiasts from all corners of the globe, welcome to the thrilling world of the Pet Mods Premier League (PMPL) where the battles are fierce and the competition is intense! The first week of this electrifying tournament has just concluded, and we have witnessed some captivating matches that will surely keep us on the edge of our seats throughout the season.

In our opening clash, the United Tropius Company went head-to-head with the Phantomire Gourgeists. It was a fierce battle that saw both teams putting up a valiant fight. However, the Phantomire Gourgeists managed to secure a narrow victory, taking the match with a score of 5-3. This victory came as a sweet relief for the Gourgeists, as they had endured a nightmare during the player draft. They showed great resilience and determination, fighting tooth and nail to claim their first week triumph. A spectacular start for the Phantomire Gourgeists!

Next up, we witnessed an epic showdown between the Workers Union of Gensokyo and the Think-A-Ton Crew. The battles were intense, with both teams showcasing their strategic prowess and tactical mastery. However, it was the Think-A-Ton Crew who emerged victorious, outmaneuvering their opponents to secure a well-deserved 5-3 victory. This victory was a testament to their meticulous planning and meticulous preparation. On the other hand, the Workers Union of Gensokyo fought valiantly but fell short in their quest for victory. Nonetheless, they displayed incredible skill and determination throughout the match. This victory marked a significant milestone for the team as player 'earl' broke a curse of losses and finally tasted the sweet nectar of success. It was a well-earned victory that showcased 'earl's resilience and unwavering determination.

The final clash of the week brought us an enthralling battle between Dave's Dachsbuns and the Close Combat Comrades. It was a fiercely contested matchup with both teams unleashing their Pokémon's might upon each other. In the end, it was Dave's Dachsbuns who emerged triumphant, claiming victory with a score of 5-3.

Notably, the highlight games of the week added an extra layer of excitement to the proceedings. Player 'Z Strats' of Dave's Dachsbuns showcased their tactical genius, utilizing an ambiguously allowed stratagem that proved to be the key to defeating their formidable opponent, 'Superior Serperior.' It was a display of ingenuity and skill that left spectators awestruck.

With the conclusion of the first week, the PMPL has set the stage for an exhilarating season ahead. The teams have showcased their mettle, leaving us hungry for more thrilling battles in the coming weeks. As the tournament unfolds, we can only anticipate more breathtaking moments, strategic surprises, and unforgettable clashes between these elite teams. Stay tuned, Pokémon fans, as the Pet Mods Premier League continues to deliver electrifying battles that will leave us in awe!

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Notably, the highlight games of the week added an extra layer of excitement to the proceedings. Player 'Z Strats' of Dave's Dachsbuns showcased their tactical genius, utilizing an ambiguously allowed stratagem that proved to be the key to defeating their formidable opponent, 'Superior Serperior.' It was a display of ingenuity and skill that left spectators awestruck.
1684769247778.png

On a more serious note. In my battle against hariyana grande, they were confused about the battle on some occasions. Turns out, they used the "false" server. I recommend to all the new players to use the Herokuapp Server. It has teambuilder support and correct information in battles. It makes life so much easier and I thought I'd mention it, since I don't know how many people are aware of it.

View attachment 518256

On a more serious note. In my battle against hariyana grande, they were confused about the battle on some occasions. Turns out, they used the "false" server. I recommend to all the new players to use the Herokuapp Server. It has teambuilder support and correct information in battles. It makes life so much easier and I thought I'd mention it, since I don't know how many people are aware of it.
Don't do this if you are testing and have spectators off, your game will get soft locked on FESV and Alt Ex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)