VGC Perish Trap Team

Hello! I've made my own teams for a while but I figured I'd peer review this for advice.

:sv/Flutter Mane:
Flutter Mane @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protosynthesis
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 100 HP / 148 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
- Perish Song
Flutter Mane is probably one of the best pokemon right now in the format. Flutter mane is one of the core members of this team. With focus sash, perish song is going to go up at least once. Shadow ball and Dazzling Gleam exist to keep pressure up on the field, as well as a nice backup plan should perish song not work.

:sv/Cyclizar:
Cyclizar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shed Tail
- Knock Off
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt

Shed Tail is, in my opinion, what really makes this team strong. Giving Goth a free sub allows it to tank hits while staying health, and making hard focusing on it a commitment. Regenerator also allows Iron Hands to go on a rampage and exist longer. Iron Hand's bulk is nice for staying alive while stalling turns. Knock Off exists as a utility to shut down mons that rely on there items. Draco Meteor is a nice extra nuke to throw off in a pinch. Taunt is to prevent slower mons like Amoongus from causing too much trouble. Tera Ghost allows cyclizar to setup in the face of fake out users.

:sv/Gothitelle:
Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Psychic
- Protect
- Focus Blast

The real meat and potatoes of the team. Goth stalls turns and forces perish trap to work. Fake Out and Protect allow for it to generate free turns. Psychic is stab. I originally ran thunder wave over focus blast, but I put focus blast on because there are a lot of dark types in the format rn and getting walled by them is not fun in endgame scenarios where FM is dead.

:sv/Iron Hands:
Iron Hands @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Protect

Fat boi. Iron Hands can generate turns with fake out and protect. Drain Punch allows for extra longevity. Thunder Punch is used because of the prominence of water and flying types. Generally just a really good clean up mon. Tera Steel allows it some leeway against opposing FM.

:sv/Gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Life Orb
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Protect

Gholdengo is here as an alternate strategy. The plan is to have it exist in the back with FM, so that when the enemy team loses 2 pokemon, FM can perish song and win the game on the spot. Make it rain allows Gholdengo to help clean up weak teams. The bulky nature of this set allows gholdengo to last on the field for longer. Recover and Protect allow gholdengo to stall turns.

:sv/Kommo-o:
Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Soundproof
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Boomburst
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower

Alternate threat. Clangorous soul ->Boomburst allows Kommo-o to clean through teams. Cyclizar gives it extra leeway to setup Clangorous soul without taking damage, allowing it to become a cleaner.

The gameplan of this team is to lead cyclizar and flutter mane. FM uses perish song and cyclizar shed tails, giving a free pivot into goth. The substitute + protect allows goth to stay alive for the turns of perish song. Then after the first 2 mons are down, clean up with Iron Hands/Kommo-o or perish song again. Unfortunately, its not foolproof and I'm not really sure why. Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated. I am willing to switch up some mons if nessecary, as long as I can keep the core idea of perish trap.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)