Rejected - Inactive Per-Pokémon Validate Button

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Greetings, I would like to suggest the addition of an extra Validate button on each set's page in the teambuilder, when you view a team.

It would go on the line of the Copy, Import/Export, Move, Delete buttons.
Perhaps there is no need for it when you visualize the whole team, as you can press the main validate button, but I think that it could be a nice QoL change to have it when you're editing the team and are viewing a single given Pokémon's page.
Currently when building/editing a team you need to go back to the main team interface with all the Pokémon to validate the team as a whole, while it could be useful to be able to do that just for one Pokémon as you're making its set, for example, to check that the Hidden Power Type you have is valid in old gen formats if you're running specific IV spreads, or to check that your ability is allowed in the format selected if one was selected (thus rejecting Shadow Tag Gothitelle in Gen 7 OU for example), or that you do not have an illegal combination of event moves, past gen moves, egg moves, hidden abilities, and so on. It's not an unbearable effort to go back to the main team screen, but it would be much faster and much easier to be able to do that for a specific Pokémon while you build the team :)

(I'm not sure if it should take the rest of the team into account, i.e. if you have a Magearna in a Gen 7 OU team and then a second one, reject the validation due to Species Clause, or just consider the set on its own and whether it's legal in the format or not. While the already-existing Validate button already covers the former, perhaps it would be relevant to have the individual validate button still warn you if you're breaking a complex ban clause or something else related to the team as a whole?)

Thanks for your time!

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
It would be easier for the validate to take the entire team into account. We don't actually support single-set validation yet. Not that it would be hard to add, but it would be more work than just validating the entire team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)