SV OU Pecharunt's New Loyal Three (Darkspam Balance)

Pecharunt's New Loyal Three
NewLoyal3.png

After the defeat of the original Loyal Three (Okidogi, Fezandipiti and Munkidori) at the hands of Ogerpon and the player:
What if Pecharunt had seeked out new Pokémon to serve as its New Loyal Three (that patches up its weaknesses: i.e. Dark Types)?
And what if the Pokémon it found were two mythicals with 600+ BST and OU's most viable Pokémon?
This team takes that idea and turns it into reality!

Disclaimer!
While Pecharunt has only been out for a few hours, this was a theorycrafted team that I made back around New Year's that basically subbed in Pecharunt for Archaludon, and it seems to be holding up well for now in the 1400-1500s where I currently play, so I decided to get this team out there to see if there are any opinions on it, and update it as Pecharunt's strength in the current metagame becomes clearer :)

Changelog
16/12/2024:
:pecharunt: Toxic added as alternative to Malignant Chain (explanation under Pecharunt)
:skarmory: Added as alternative to :scizor: under Potential Substitutes (input by matte) (reasoning under comment/potential substitutes)
Added Replays section

22/1/2024:
Added Current Lineup section :pecharunt::hoopa-unbound::darkrai::raging-bolt::archaludon::corviknight:
In
:archaludon: subbed in
:raging-bolt: subbed in
:corviknight: subbed in

Out
:gliscor: subbed out
:scizor: subbed out
:kingambit: subbed out

:corviknight: Changed item from Leftovers to Rocky Helmet
:corviknight: Rewrote summary to better reflect the current set being used
:raging-bolt: Added as alternative to :kingambit: under Potential Substitutes
:raging-bolt: Summary written as it was added to team's current lineup in place of Kingambit
Added to Replays section with new lineup replays

Introduction
:sv/pecharunt::sv/darkrai::sv/hoopa-unbound::sv/archaludon::sv/corviknight::sv/raging-bolt:

This is technically a continuation of my prior RMT: The Dark Three (Balance/Bulky Offense), but trying to integrate Pecharunt, while refining the previous team!

With the arrival of January, came Generation 9's Mythical: Pecharunt, marking the first Mythical Pokémon in almost 4 years (the last being Zarude in 2020). I thus wanted to integrate it into my Dark Three Core, so this is my first attempt at building a team with them. The Dark Type does cover most of Pecharunt's weaknesses, absorbing Psychic and resisting Ghost + Dark. In return, Pecharunt absorbs Dark's weaknesses of Fighting Type attacks, while resisting Fairy and Bug moves. And so, I thought it was a good idea to combine the two, beginning the teambuilding process...

Teambuilding Process
:pecharunt:
Gen IX's first (and only mythical) was the basis of this team. Still trying to identify the best set for it, but in this team, I thought of using it as a physically defensive pivot which can also spread status around.

:pecharunt::hoopa-unbound:
The first member of the New Loyal Three and my favourite Pokémon. Although it may now be trapped in the depths of RUBL, I still think it can bring good value in an OU team with its Assault Vest variant allowing it to soak up special attacks with ease, and retaliate with its mixed attacking prowess to wallbreak, targeting whichever of its opponent's defences are weaker. This also pairs well with Pecharunt who is heavily physically defensive, complementing Hoopa's special defensive prowess.

:pecharunt::hoopa-unbound::darkrai:
The second member of the New Loyal Three, and the third mythical on this team. While Hoopa acts mostly as the team's mixed wallbreaker, Darkrai is the pure special attacker with speed to outrun many threats in the tier, which complements the slower Pecharunt and Hoopa in securing knockouts.

:pecharunt::hoopa-unbound::darkrai::kingambit:
With the special attacking side pretty much covered with three special attackers, it was time for the third member and final member of the New Loyal Three: Kingambit. This mon brings a powerful physical attacker to the team, with setup capability in Swords Dance, as well as possibility of immediate power with Supreme Overlord.

:pecharunt::hoopa-unbound::darkrai::kingambit::gliscor:
With the core of the Pecharunt and its New Loyal Three set, the first thing that came to mind was to bring in resists to potential common weaknesses. There were two mons each weak to Fighting, Ground, Bug and Fairy, with Ground especially having no resists. Hence, a Flying type for this key immunity and resistances was necessary. Two options jumped out at me, specifically Gliscor and Landorus-Therian, which seem similarly capable on testing. The Gliscor set I run is a Careful SpD invested set, that brings hazards, more Toxic capabilities and stalling out turns with Protect.

:pecharunt::hoopa-unbound::darkrai::kingambit::gliscor::scizor:
With key weaknesses covered, the next order of business was to bring in a hazard clearer to this team. Great Tusk was considered, but I didn't want to bring in another Fairy weakness with Darkrai and Hoopa already weak to Fairies. Corviknight was up next, but it just seemed a tad too passive, and Gholdengo could easily spinblock it and leave it unable to retaliate. This once again brought me back to Scizor as the team's Defogger and defacto Fairy killer + it is capable of inflicting serious damage on Gholdengo with Knock Off.

Starting Lineup
:pecharunt::hoopa-unbound::darkrai::kingambit::gliscor::scizor:
Substitutes
:archaludon:/:landorus-therian:/:corviknight:/:skarmory:/:raging-bolt:
This team has also seen some success swapping in and out some pieces, so the team isn't set in stone yet. However, I'd say I have a strong starting 6, with some substitutes to rotate in if needed :)

Current Lineup
:pecharunt::hoopa-unbound::darkrai::raging-bolt::archaludon::corviknight:

This is the new lineup I'm currently testing on ladder that has allowed me to break through 1500 for the first time, where I tried my best to preserve the key core of three mythicals:pecharunt::darkrai::hoopa-unbound:, and decided upon these changes.
Archaludon:archaludon: subbed in for Gliscor:gliscor:
Corviknight:corviknight: subbed in for Scizor:scizor:
Raging Bolt:raging-bolt: subbed in for Kingambit:kingambit:

Archaludon was subbed in to improve the team's matchup against the ever-present Kingambit, by being a dedicated counter that is equally capable of phasing out setup sweepers like Roaring Moon and Gouging Fire, wasting their Booster Energy and buffs to make them easier to tackle for the other members of the team.

With the removal of Gliscor, there was once again a need for a Ground Immunity. Corviknight was thus set to take Scizor's place as a bulky pivot that was capable of clearing hazards. Corviknight did have increased longevity with its bulk and Roost, but lacked the offensive pressure that Scizor brought with priority Bullet Punch. Hence, I decided to run Rocky Helmet to improve its damage output, and become the ideal U-turn absorber for Hoopa-U.

Raging Bolt was brought in to improve the STAB variety on this team, and I found its bulk and strength similar to Kingambit, except with an important fire resist and improved special bulk to support Hoopa-U. It also improves the team's matchup into Sun with its Protosynthesis buff and resist to Fire and Rain with Thunderclap priority, areas that this team failed to address well prior to this.

The Team

:sv/pecharunt:

Pecharunt @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Puppeteer
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Parting Shot
- Malignant Chain/Toxic
- Hex
- Recover

The ringleader of the New Loyal Three and Gen IX's mythical is none other than the Subjugation Pokemon: Pecharunt! I originally considered a Nasty Plot Sweeper build, but with a middling 88 speed, Pecharunt wasn't going to be outrunning much in the current metagame except Ghold:gholdengo: and Tusk:great-tusk:, and there is a major threat in Kingambit utterly walling it if not for Tera Blast. I thus went with a bulky pivot build, investing all the EVs into HP and Defense with a Bold Nature to become this team's physical wall, while extending its longevity to fish for poison chances with Malignant Chain. Pecharunt's insane 160 base Defense means it can take one hit from things like Swords Dance boosted Knock Off from Weavile:weavile:, Choice Band Crunch from Zamazenta:zamazenta: or Choice Band Headlong Rush from Tusk:great-tusk:, potentially landing a matchup winning Poison+Confuse with Malignant Chain. However, Pecharunt's real strength in this team is in its Fighting Immunity and its Fairy/Bug resists which complement the Dark Core of this team, its ability to Poison+Confuse the team's prior big threat in Zamazenta and take + heal off neutral physical hits from threats like Ogerpon Wellspring:ogerpon-wellspring: and Cornerstone:ogerpon-cornerstone:.
As a bulky pivot, Parting Shot is a given, to allow Pecharunt to pivot out of bad situations and lower the offensive strength of the opposing mon, for threats like Gambit, Hoopa and Darkrai to come in on. Malignant Chain is Pecharunt's most powerful STAB, hitting Fairies that the Dark core of this team detests, and threatening non-Steel threats with a potential bad poisoning and confusion, which forces a gamble on their next hit or a forced swap to remove the confusion status. Toxic is an alternative to Malignant Chain for the confirmed poison and subsequent Confusion, which may be more valuable to halt a sweeper like Gouging Fire/Raging Bolt/Walking Wake in its tracks, in contrast to Malignant Chain which can damage but not always proc the poison chance. Hex plays off of Pecharunt's Malignant Chain, doubling its power to a 130BP STAB. This also benefits off of our Gliscor's ability to spread status in Toxic, and hits opposing Gliscors/Rest Dondozos hard. This does mean that Pecharunt has a weaker Ghost STAB without status as compared to something like Shadow Ball. However, things Pecharunt would hope to hit with Shadow Ball would be Ghost types like Gholdengo or Psychics like Latias/Latios would be easily dealt with by the Dark Core of Hoopa-U, Darkrai and Kingambit. Recover assists Pecharunt in extending its longevity, by healing off chip damage and allows it to find more opportunities to land Malignant Chains.

Tera Fairy is for Pecharunt to resist otherwise super effective Dark Type moves, and to adopt a good defensive typing.
Pecharunt doesn't really have calcs as its role is mostly to spread badly poisoned status, tank physical hits and finish off statuses mons. Even if it can't KO the opponent, landing 1 Malignant Chain can flip the matchup with poison damage and confusion negating the opponent's turn.
VS Dondozo:dondozo:
0 Atk Dondozo Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pecharunt: 48-57 (12.6 - 15%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 SpA Pecharunt Malignant Chain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dondozo: 136-162 (26.9 - 32.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Pecharunt Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dondozo: 178-210 (35.3 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Dondozo shouldn't even be able to touch Pecharunt, while Hex can 3HKO Dondozo while it is resting.

VS Ogerpon-Wellspring:ogerpon-wellspring:
+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ivy Cudgel vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pecharunt on a critical hit: 286-337 (75.2 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Pecharunt Malignant Chain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 200-236 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pecharunt should be able to 2HKO Ogerpon-W, while eating a crit Ivy Cudgel, even after a Swords Dance Boost.

VS Gliscor:gliscor:
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pecharunt: 108-128 (28.4 - 33.6%) -- 94.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Pecharunt Hex (130 BP) vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 157-186 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

Gliscor should be a safe 3HKO.

VS Zamazenta:zamazenta:
252 Atk Choice Band Zamazenta Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pecharunt: 128-152 (33.6 - 40%) -- 31.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Pecharunt Malignant Chain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Zamazenta: 85-102 (26.1 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Pecharunt should be able to win in a war of attrition using Recover and Malignant Chain's Poison

VS Gouging Fire:gouging-fire:
252+ Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pecharunt: 146-174 (38.4 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Gouging Fire needs Dragon Dance or Tera boosts to be able to overcome Pecharunt's Recover, so landing a Malignant Chain to Poison and confuse should be easily done.

:sv/hoopa-unbound:
Hoopa-Unbound @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magician
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 120 Atk / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psychic
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Drain Punch

The first of Pecharunt's New Loyal Three: Hoopa-Unbound! This is one of my favourite Pokemon, but its poor 80 Speed and 60 Defence, combined with 4x weakness to U-turn, has dropped this 680 BST monster out of UU and even further down into RU. However, it still hits incredibly hard both physically and specially even without boosts due to its base 160 Atk and 170 SpAtk, and can tank special hits incredibly well with 130 SpD + Assault Vest. This plays off of Pecharunt's poorer Special Defence by helping it to tank special hits, while Pecharunt comes in to take the physical hits. Hoopa also appreciates Pecharunt's ability to eat Fighting moves which are commonly physical, and resist Fairy and Bug.

The role that Hoopa plays on the team is to check special threats, while also doubling as a wallbreaker capable of taking on both physical and special walls by targeting their weaker defence stat by utilising a mixed attacker set. I find that most people are unsure on Hoopa's set due to it not usually being used, and this can be utilised to its advantage. For example, people may assume it is Choice Band/Specs/Scarf due to those being the more popular sets in the past, and also are unsure if Hoopa is Special or Physical Attack oriented. This has allowed me to land significant damage/knockouts on mons like Meowscarada/Ting-Lu which come in to absorb a Psychic but instead get hit with Drain Punch.

Mild Nature is to preserve both its attacking stats and speed, boosting its phenomenal SpA while decreasing its already irrelevant Def. 120 Atk EVs help it to OHKO Kingambit when combined with Tera Fighting, while 136 Speed EVs make sure it outruns stuff like Defensive Tusk, Max Speed Adamant Kingambit and Max Speed Modest/Bold Pelipper:pelipper:.
Psychic is its standard STAB attack which does at least 50% health on most neutral targets, weakening them for lategame. Additionally, it decimates mons like Toxapex:toxapex: or tera poison walls like Cresselia:cresselia: and Latias:latias:, and unsuspecting Fighting types like Great Tusk/Zamazenta that switch in upon assuming that Hoopa is Choice locked into Knock Off. Knock Off is another standard Hoopa STAB attack, and is a good way of forcing progress by taking off opponent's items, and deals with pesky Ghost types like Gholdengo:gholdengo:, Dragapult:dragapult: or Skeledirge:skeledirge:. Drain Punch is tied in to Tera Fighting, as this combo allows it to deal with Kingambit:kingambit:, in return for keeping its weakness to fairy types. Tera Fighting Hoopa can tank a 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch, and OHKO Kingambit in return with Drain Punch. Most of the time, Kingambit doesn't tera in front of Hoopa as it naturally resists Psychic/Dark. Additionally, Tera Fighting allows Hoopa-U to resist Bug, thus protecting it from U-turn pivots like Corviknight:corviknight: and threaten them back instead. Thunderbolt is the final move, to deal with bulky Flying or bulky Water types like Corviknight:corviknight:, Skarmory:skarmory: and Dondozo:dondozo:. Water is also a common defensive tera type, especially on mons like Gliscor, Garganacl and Great Tusk, so Thunderbolt was chosen to hit those super-effective to round off Hoopa's arsenal.
Usually, Hoopa-U is one of my choices for leads, the other being Scizor. Typically, if I see a Pelipper:pelipper:, Torkoal:torkoal: or Glimmora:glimmora:, I would lead with Hoopa-U, for reasons that I elaborate on in the Against Leads spoiler below.
:Pelipper:
Typically, Pelipper carries U-turn, which I notice makes people try to pivot it out on Hoopa, as it would OHKO. However, Thunderbolt catches a fair few off-guard and rids Rain teams of their setter, essentially winning the game. However, I doubt this play would work beyond the 1400s where this team currently resides :(

:Torkoal:
Usually, the goal is to Knock Off Heat Rock turn 1 so Sun would last shorter, but if they keep Torkoal in, a follow-up turn 2 Psychic to KO the tortoise tends to catch them off guard.

:Glimmora:
Typically, I try not to trigger Toxic Debris, so I turn 1 Psychic to trigger Sash and turn 2 Psychic to KO, usually eating a Mortal Spin in the process. However, this often leads to people believing Hoopa-U is choice locked into Psychic, so a well-placed Drain Punch could KO the Dark type that follows-up.
Overall, its dual STABs of Psychic and Knock Off, with Fighting and Electric coverage make it very hard to switch into, especially since people may be unsure if it is Choice locked and similarly if Hoopa is physical or special. I find its unpredictability and sheer attacking power a great benefit to the team as this usually allows it to KO one or more major threats and leave weakened targets for the cleaners like Kingambit:kingambit:Scizor:scizor:and Darkrai:darkrai:to mop up.
Vs Enamorus :enamorus:
252 SpA Choice Specs Enamorus Moonblast vs. 8 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa-Unbound: 254-302 (83.8 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Hoopa-Unbound Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Enamorus: 316-372 (109.3 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Could potentially invest 8 HP EVs solely to definitely survive a Choice Specs Moonblast from Enamorus, so that Hoopa can KO back with a Thunderbolt.

Vs Kingambit:kingambit:
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Tera Fighting Hoopa-Unbound: 163-192 (54.1 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
120 Atk Tera Fighting Hoopa-Unbound Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 420-496 (103.9 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs Gholdengo :gholdengo:
+2 252+ SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa-Unbound: 234-276 (77.7 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
120 Atk Hoopa-Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 356-422 (113 - 133.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Against Gholdengo, Hoopa U can eat a +2 Modest Gholdengo Make it Rain, while threatening an OHKO with Knock Off. Even if Gholdengo is Max HP rather than Speed, Hoopa would still 2HKO with Knock Off after taking +2 Modest Make it Rain.

Vs Iron Valiant:iron-valiant:
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa-Unbound: 236-278 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Iron Valiant: 596-704 (206.2 - 243.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hoopa-U is able to eat a choice specs timid Moonblast from I-Val, while Hoopa's Psychic should OHKO it

Vs Walking Wake:walking-wake:
244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa-Unbound in Sun: 153-180 (50.8 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Walking Wake: 231-273 (67.5 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Walking Wake should 2HKO it, but Hoopa should remove most of Wake's health to get cleaned up later. Outside of Choice Specs, Hoopa should be able to eat 2 hits and 2HKO Walking Wake

Vs Dondozo :dondozo:
252+ SpA Hoopa-Unbound Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dondozo: 374-440 (74.2 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It does have issues with SpD Dondozo, requiring a 3HKO with Thunderbolt, but dying in two turns to Liquidation.

Vs Toxapex :toxapex:
252+ SpA Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 278-330 (91.4 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Vs Skeledirge:skeledirge:
120 Atk Hoopa-Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Skeledirge: 270-320 (65.6 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Vs Latias:latias:/Latios:latios:
120 Atk Hoopa-Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Latias: 372-438 (102.4 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
120 Atk Hoopa-Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 408-482 (135.5 - 160.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs Kyurem :kyurem:
120 Atk Hoopa-Unbound Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 192-228 (49.1 - 58.3%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO (31.8 - 37.8% recovered per punch)
Only capable of beating Choice Specs SpA Kyurem, not Dragon Dance sets.

Vs Raging Bolt:raging-bolt:
252+ SpA Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Raging Bolt: 219-258 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Protosynthesis Raging Bolt Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa-Unbound: 253-299 (84 - 99.3%) -- not a KO
252+ SpA Protosynthesis Raging Bolt Thunderclap vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa-Unbound: 91-108 (30.2 - 35.8%) -- 34.9% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Protosynthesis Raging Bolt Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa-Unbound: 117-138 (38.8 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

I'm not too sure about popular Raging Bolt sets right now, so these calcs are off of a 252 HP 252 SpA Modest Booster Energy SpA Raging Bolt. It seems to be a coin toss in favour of Hoopa, in hoping that Hoopa does 2HKO Raging Bolt, before it can land 2 Dracos/2 Thunderbolts and follow up with a Thunderclap.

Vs Archaludon :archaludon:
252+ SpA Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Archaludon: 140-165 (36.4 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
It does some damage to Archaludon, but Body Press sets end Hoopa pretty easily. Can tank one body press/electroshot under rain.

Vs some Common Tera Mons
:garganacl:
252+ SpA Hoopa-Unbound Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Tera Water Garganacl: 260-306 (64.3 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
:gliscor:
252+ SpA Hoopa-Unbound Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tera Water Gliscor: 228-270 (64.4 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
:ting-lu:
0 Atk Tera Ghost Ting-Lu Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa-Unbound: 196-232 (65.1 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:sv/darkrai:
Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bad Dreams
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

The second of Pecharunt's New Loyal Three: Darkrai! This mon has spent some time in OU now, and doesn't seem to be an overtly OP mon, although there has been discussion of the Nasty Plot+Hypnosis set in OU's metagame discussion thread. This set is an honest Choice Scarf lategame cleaner, capable of revenge killing weakened threats left by the wallbreakers/harder hitters like Hoopa and Gambit.

As elaborated in my prior RMT, Timid Darkrai lacks power even with its 135 base SpA, as it is incapable of OHKOing Gholdengo:gholdengo:, even if Gholdengo has 0 investment and HP and SpD. On the other hand, if I went Modest to OHKO Gholdengo, I-Val:iron-valiant: and I-Boulder:iron-boulder: can outrun it with Booster Energy. I eventually decided on a Modest Nature for the extra power in the endgame, and due to key calcs to OHKO Gholdengo and Tusk which I elaborated on in the spoiler.
Its moves are standard, with Dark Pulse for its singular STAB which hits popular ghost types like Dragapult:dragapult: and Gholdengo:gholdengo:, Ice Beam to hit popular Ground types like Great Tusk:great-tusk:, Lando-T:landorus-therian: and Gliscor:gliscor:, while also hitting Dragon types like Raging Bolt:raging-bolt:, Dragonite:dragonite: and Hydrapple:hydrapple:. Sludge Bomb is used for Fairy types like I-Val:iron-valiant:, Hatterene:hatterene:, Clefable:clefable:, Primarina:primarina: and Enamorus:enamorus:. Tera Poison helps to give a much needed boost to Sludge Bomb, and turns the Primarina matchup into a winnable one, while also turning its weaknesses of Fairy and Fighting into resists. In the final slot, I used Focus Blast as Kingambit otherwise completely walls Darkrai, and I believed the other members on this team like Hoopa-U and Kingambit should be able to chip down fatter teams for Trick to be less valuable. As an added benefit, it hits other Darkrais for SE damage, with its only downside being the 70% accuracy :/.
Darkrai's role in this team is as the late game cleaner/revenge killer, and is interchangeable with Kingambit to be kept in the back, freeing the other to come out and threaten in the midgame/mop up threats leftover.
Vs Gholdengo:gholdengo:
252+ SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 320-378 (101.5 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Modest Darkrai definitely OHKOs non-bulky Gholds but even it if it is bulky Ghold:
252+ SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 320-378 (84.6 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
It has a small chance to OHKO, and if not, would 2HKO even SpD Ghold with leftovers.

Vs I-Val:iron-valiant: and I-Boulder:iron-boulder:
Modest Darkrai gets dunked on by Iron Valiant and Boulder, but Timid also doesn't do enough damage to OHKO Boulder anyway. These two are better left to Kingambit or Scizor to deal with.

Vs Great Tusk:great-tusk:
252+ SpA Darkrai Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 368-434 (99.1 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
Modest Darkrai almost guarantees the OHKO on Tusk, which commonly runs Atk and Speed investment nowadays (any bulk and Darkrai is pretty much screwed by Close Combat). On the other hand, Timid Darkrai has less than 50% chance to OHKO zero bulk Tusk, which is one of the reasons I was swayed to Modest.

I'm actually unsure of what Raging Bolt sets are common now, but Darkrai doesn't seem to be able to really dent Bulky Raging Bolt, but can survive at least 2 hits in return. Perhaps Hoopa-U or Gliscor/Lando-T may be better in this case.

Vs Clefable:clefable:
252 SpA Darkrai Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 220-260 (55.8 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 216-254 (76.5 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Typically, Darkrai should survive a Moonblast, and be able to 2HKO Clefable in return.

Vs Hatterene:hatterene:
For Hatterene, I think the most common set nowadays is the Healing Wish Eject Button set. Sludge Bomb should 2HKO, especially since Hatterene gets forced out by Eject Button.

VS Primarina:primarina:
This team struggles with Primarina, as Hoopa and Scizor is incapable of dealing with this SpD Fairy without me sacrificing at least one of them to dent it. Kingambit can do so, but not without losing most of its health. Pecharunt is also a 50-50, needing a poison to land to best this water Fairy. Similarly, Darkrai can solo this Fairy, but it has to Tera Poison. (For these calcs I'm using the SpD Assault Vest set from Miku Gang RMT)

Turn 1:
252+ SpA Tera Poison Darkrai Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Primarina: 146-174 (40.1 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Primarina Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tera Poison Darkrai: 67-80 (23.8 - 28.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 4HKO

Turn 2:
- Darkrai sludge bombs again -
0 SpA Primarina Psychic Noise vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tera Poison Darkrai: 144-170 (51.2 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Turn 3:
Darkrai KOs Primarina

Theoretically, Darkrai should be able to land 3 Tera Poison Sludge Bombs to 3HKO this demon of a fairy type, while able to eat a Moonblast and Psychic Noise in return to survive at roughly 11%. LandorusTBeatsGreatTusk's set is Tera Fairy so it wouldn't be able to Tera out of this specific matchup either. (Alternatively, Kingambit could Iron Head it twice but also lose most of its health in return)

:sv/kingambit:
Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

The old tyrant king of OU returns to its throne, now as the third member of Pecharunt's New Loyal Three. This is none other than: Kingambit! The DLC may have made Kingambit more manageable with checks like Raging Bolt and Archaludon in play, but it is without a doubt still effective in its role on this team as a late-game cleaner alongside Darkrai, while also being the team’s premier (and only) physical set-up sweeper, capable of wallbreaking alongside Hoopa-U.

This is a typical Bulky Swords Dance set, with Full HP investment to tank as many hits as possible, and max Atk Adamant to maximise its damage to all targets, even those with resists. 4 EVs in Speed is simply to outspeed 0 Speed invested Kingambits (as rare as they are right now). Leftovers is there for passive recovery, and allows it to recover significant amounts of health during the Sucker Punch mind games, keeping it alive just a little bit longer.
Swords Dance to boost attack and set-up, which in the late game can mean a death sentence for the opponent when combined with Supreme Overlord. Sucker Punch is the classic Kingambit special that created the well known 50-50 mind games in the endgame. Kowtow Cleave is its alternative high damage attack, should you want to gamble that the opponent is going for a non-attacking move. Iron Head instead of Low Kick to hit fairies like Clefable:clefable:, Iron Valiant:iron-valiant:, Hatterene:hatterene: and Enamorus:enamorus: and Tera Fairy also tends to be common tera type for walls like Skele:skeledirge: and Garg:garganacl:. As an added plus, it hits Great Tusk:great-tusk: for neutral damage, and more importantly is one of the two options this team has of dealing with Primarina:primarina: in a vacuum. With no Low Kick, the burden of countering opposing Kingambits would be left to other members on the team, namely Hoopa:hoopa-unbound: and Darkrai:darkrai:

Finally, Tera Flying turns its major weaknesses of Fighting and Ground into a resist/immunity and allows it one free Swords Dance (unless opponent predicts Tera Flying which is risky as it could be tera dark or fairy as well), which sets it up to deal massive damage, usually OHKOing almost anything that doesn’t resist its STABs if Supreme Overlord is around 3. However, I am considering changing Tera Type to Fairy, as Raging Bolt's Thunderclap threatens a Kingambit late game sweep if I am forced to Tera Flying beforehand.
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Kingambit Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 116+ Def Hatterene: 324-384 (102.2 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Hatterene can't really harm Kingambit outside of Nuzzle to paralyse it, but Kingambit just needs SO 3 or a Swords Dance to OHKO Hatterene.

Vs Clefable:clefable:
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 112-133 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- 81.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 518-612 (131.4 - 155.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Kingambit needs at least a Swords Dance to OHKO Clef, if not or if it's Unaware its always a 2HKO.

Vs Iron Valiant:iron-valiant:
Iron Val will typically OHKO Kingambit either with CC or Aura Sphere, so Tera-ing in front of it to land a Iron Head is necessary.

Vs Enamorus:enamorus:
252 SpA Choice Specs Enamorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 346-408 (85.6 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Enamorus only has a small chance to OHKO, in return for a confirmed Iron Head OHKO, so it may be worth saving tera in this case.

Vs Tera Fairy Walls:skeledirge::garganacl:
4 SpA Skeledirge Torch Song vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 216-254 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skeledirge: 228-270 (55.3 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Against non-tera Skele, you pretty much always want to Tera to avoid being 2HKOed by Torch Song, and 2HKO in return with Kowtow + Sucker Punch. For Tera Fairy Skele, Iron Head should 2HKO as well.

+2 252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Garganacl: 470-554 (116.3 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Against Garg, a Swords Dance is necessary, but Gambit needs to note that Salt Cure chip will be significant.

Vs Tusk
Against Tusk, Tera Flying is necessary to tank its STABs of Close Combat/Headlong Rush.
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Flying Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 229-270 (52.7 - 62.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
For defensive Tusk, at least 2 Swords Dances are required to 2HKO with Iron Head, or 1 SD + SO 4. However, for the more common offensive Tusk,
+2 252+ Atk Tera Flying Kingambit Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Great Tusk: 234-276 (63 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
a single Swords Dance is all that is required
Tusk typically will only land significant damage on Gambit in turn 2 with Ice Spinner

Vs Primarina
Gambit is one of two options that this team has to deal with Primarina, besides investing Tera into Darkrai
+2 252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 378-445 (103.8 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 SpA Primarina Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 144-169 (35.6 - 41.8%) -- 84.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

In a vacuum, Gambit should Swords Dance and Iron Head to OHKO, while taking at most 82% in return from Moonblast

:sv/gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect

While Pecharunt's New Loyal Three may cover its weaknesses well, one type remained undefended against: Ground. Thus, the next member of Pecharunt's squad would have to be none other than the infamous Gliscor! This flying scorpion not only helps Pecharunt to spread status to the opposing team (which boosts Pecharunt's Hex damage), but it also plays a key role in this team's defensive backbone. It brings a much needed Ground immunity, while also shoring up the team's defences against Fighting and Bug moves which Darkrai/Gambit and Darkrai/Hoopa very much appreciate respectively. Gliscor also introduces the team's only source of hazards, helping to chip incoming mons which can be important in a lategame cleanup by Darkrai, Kingambit or Scizor.

This Gliscor set is geared for SpDef (with a Careful Nature and 252 SpD EVs), to help out Hoopa, which has no form of recovery after sponging special hits, unlike Pecharunt, which can Recover off damage taken. Nevertheless, Gliscor with only 4 Def EVs is still naturally physically tanky enough to assist Pecharunt in taking physical hits. 8 EVs in Speed is to outrun the suggested Smogon spread for Raging Bolt:raging-bolt:
Spikes is the team's only source of hazards, which plays a key role as mentioned previously helping to chip incoming mons which can be important in a lategame cleanup by Darkrai:darkrai:, Kingambit:kingambit: or Scizor:scizor:. As Gliscor is naturally tanky with its defensive stats and Poison Heal, there is often an opportunity to layer Spikes in most games. Earthquake is Gliscor's one and only STAB, which plays a key role in hitting Fire types for super effective damage in this team, especially mons like Cinderace:cinderace: and Gouging Fire:gouging-fire:, which this team otherwise fails to hit super effective. This also means Gliscor is naturally walled by Flying and Levitate mons, as this set has no other damaging moves. However, this is where Toxic comes into play, putting any potential setup sweepers on a timer, helping Pecharunt secure KOs with Hex, and prevents Gliscor from being helpless against Ground Resists. Protect only exacerbates these issues for the opponent, helping Gliscor stall Poison Heal healing, Toxic damage, and also stalls weather/terrain turns.

Tera Water is usually key for Gliscor to resist its former 4x weakness to Ice, but definitely helps this team to resist Fire as well, which it lacks.
Similar to Pecharunt, Gliscor also doesn't really have calcs as its role is to wear opponents down with Toxic and Spikes, but it is the team's main response to Fire Types, especially Cinderace:cinderace: and Gouging Fire:gouging-fire:. In these cases, it may be worth Tera-ing to absorb Pyro Ball/Heat Crash/Flare Blitz.

Vs Cinderace:cinderace:
32 Atk Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 244 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 124-147 (35.2 - 41.7%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Cinderace: 264-312 (73.9 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Against Bulky Ace, Gliscor can easily take multiple Pyro Ball, while 2HKOing with EQ
252 Atk Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 244 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 150-177 (42.6 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinderace: 264-312 (87.7 - 103.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Against Offensive Ace, Gliscor can still eat 2 Pyro Balls, while OHKOing-2HKOing with EQ

Vs Gouging Fire:gouging-fire:
Against Gouging Fire, Toxic needs to be applied, to wear down this bulky attacker as Gliscor can't win in a clean 1v1
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gouging Fire: 176-210 (50.1 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Gliscor does half of Gouging Fire's health with one EQ
252+ Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 211-249 (59.9 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal - With no DD
+1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 315-372 (89.4 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO - With one DD boost

It becomes key to Tera Water against Gouging Fire especially with one Dragon Dance Boost, to retaliate with a Toxic to wear down Gouging Fire/ 2HKO it with EQ
+1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 4 Def Tera Water Gliscor: 175-207 (49.7 - 58.8%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
+1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 4 Def Tera Water Gliscor: 157-186 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

252+ SpA Protosynthesis Raging Bolt Dragon Pulse vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 178-211 (50.5 - 59.9%) -- 33.2% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 64 HP / 28 Def Raging Bolt: 218-258 (53.5 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Gliscor should be able to 2HKO Raging Bolt and outspeed the suggested Smogon set by 1 point with 8 EVs in speed

:sv/scizor:
Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Defog

Scizor is the last, but certainly not the least, of Pecharunt's team. It brings a strong priority move, hazard clear and pivoting alongside Pecharunt to bring in the other threats on the team. It is also a good anti-lead for Ribombee:ribombee: and the Screen Setters (Alolan Ninetales:ninetales-alola: & Grimmsnarl:grimmsnarl:. The Lati twins have also been gaining in popularity, but U-turn shuts both of them down hard. Scizor also threatens out all the Fairies (except Primarina) with the threat of Bullet Punch. 252 Atk is a given to maximise its attack, while 252 HP is to tank as many hits as possible (similar to Kingambit). The EV spread could probably be more optimised, but I’m not sure if it’s worth investing in Scizor’s Speed when it is already low at base 65. Heavy Duty Boots is to protect it against hazards and let it come in safely to Defog if needed.
U-turn allows Scizor to act as a bulky pivot, bringing in the other threats on the team safely. As an added bonus, it hits the currently popular Lati twins:latias::latios: and Darkrai:darkrai: for SE damage, and all three can't really damage it in return. Technician boosted Bullet Punch is Scizor's pièce de résistance which is a great Fairy Killer, as well as a form of priority to revenge kill already weakened mons, or even get in some chip damage against sweepers. Defog is the team's only form of hazard control and Knock Off is to deal with Gholdengos trying to block hazard removal, as well as force progress. Knock Off has also caught a few lead Gliscors off-guard, removing their Toxic Orb and thus recovery.

Tera Steel is there simply to boost Bullet Punch damage, to possibly secure revenge kills or finish off weakened targets in the lategame.
Vs Ribombee:ribombee:
If Ribombee attempts to set up Webs, Scizor should Bullet Punch to break Sash turn 1, then Defog off the Webs on turn 2 and Bullet Punch again turn 3. Typically Ribombee will Stun Spore turn 2, so hope Scizor doesn't get full paralysed on turn 3 :)

Vs Alolan Ninetales:ninetales-alola:
Typically, A9 won't stay in vs Scizor as Bullet Punch is sure to end it unless it teras.
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Ninetales-Alola in Snow: 364-432 (104.2 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs Grimmsnarl:grimmsnarl:
252+ Atk Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Grimmsnarl: 41-48 (10.4 - 12.1%) -- possible 9HKO
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Grimmsnarl: 306-360 (77.6 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Grimmsnarl: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO

Go for turn 1 Knock Off for Light Clay removal, then turn 2 Defog to remove both screens and U-turn turn 3 as Grimm is unlikely to stay in after that/or might Taunt.

Vs Latias/Latios:latias::Latios:
252+ Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Latias: 272-324 (74.9 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 302-356 (100.3 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Latias would be able to tank a U-turn, so hitting it with a Bullet Punch/Knock Off before U-turning may be better. Many people also assume Scizor is Choice Banded so you may be able to catch them off guard.

Vs Darkrai:darkrai:
252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 162-192 (47 - 55.8%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 276-326 (98.2 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Scizor has a high chance to OHKO Darkrai right off the bat, while Darkrai can only deal about half its health. Nevertheless, Darkrai is unlikely to stay in vs Scizor anyway.

Vs Iron Boulder:iron-boulder:
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Iron Boulder: 260-308 (80.7 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Iron Boulder Mighty Cleave vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 147-174 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Iron Boulder Mighty Cleave vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 294-346 (85.4 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Against Boulder, the best course of action is to Bullet Punch twice, as even with 1 Swords Dance, Boulder fails to OHKO Scizor.

Vs Fairies
Enamorus
:enamorus::
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Enamorus: 288-342 (99.6 - 118.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
Enamorus is unlikely to survive, but if it does, Mystical Fire is sure to end Scizor and the team loses the main Fairy counter and hazard control.
Vs Clefable:clefable::
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 188-224 (47.7 - 56.8%) -- 38.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 59-70 (17.1 - 20.3%) -- possible 5HKO

Clef can tank around 3 hits from Scizor, but doesn't do much damage in return.
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Hatterene: 168-200 (52.8 - 62.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Hatterene can tank 2 hits from Bullet Punch, but some sets pack Mystical Fire, so it may not be worth the risk.
Vs Iron Valiant:Iron-valiant:
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Iron Valiant: 236-278 (81.6 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Most Valiants lack moves to deal with Scizor effectively (unless they have Fire Punch), so this should be a safe 2HKO.

Key Threats
These threats are not necessarily game-ending, but definitely need more caution when playing around them, especially for Gambit and the two new Bulky Dragons.

Kingambit
:sv/Kingambit:
Kingambit pretty much negates Pecharunt utterly, and the team either relies on Darkrai's Focus Blast, or Tera-ing Hoopa to Drain Punch and OHKO, wherein the latter is usually not expected. Gliscor's Earthquake is also another option, but one must be careful not to exhaust the Gambit checks, especially before it Teras.

Gouging Fire/Raging Bolt
:sv/gouging-fire::sv/raging-bolt:

Gouging Fire needs to be poisoned and stalled out by Pecharunt and Gliscor, and losing either before dealing with Gouging Fire is not ideal. In a pinch, Gambit should be able to finish a weakened Gouging Fire with Sucker Punch if it is below 50%.

Raging Bolt is another bulky attacker that has to be dealt with via a combo of Gliscor and Hoopa-U, where Hoopa-U should be able to 1v1 most Raging Bolt sets, with the exception of Choice Specs, which does around 55-60% to Hoopa-U. Gliscor should be used as a backup check, due to its Ground Typing and ability to 2HKO Bolt with EQ.

Primarina
:sv/primarina:

Primarina's typing plays havoc into a squad with 3 Dark types, and Scizor as the Fairy counter. Ideally, Gambit should be able to Swords Dance up and Iron Head to OHKO it, or Darkrai has to Tera Poison and Sludge Bomb 3HKOs even the most specially bulky Primarina with Assault Vest, as elaborated in Darkrai's Matchups spoiler.

Potential Substitutes to explore

:sv/archaludon:
Archaludon @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press

Prior to Pecharunt's inclusion with the DLC drop, I tested out this exact team but with Archaludon substituting for Pecharunt. While it is worth bringing in as a hard Gambit and DD Kyurem counter, Pecharunt can deal with the latter, while Gambit still has checks within the team as previously mentioned. Archaludon also worsened the team's weakness to Fighting, which often left Gliscor as the sole counter to threats like Zamazenta.

Archaludon complements Hoopa-U well, taking the physical hits, while Hoopa helps to take the special hits. It can also switch in on the U-turns targeted at Hoopa to get a Stamina boost in return. In addition, its mentioned weaknesses to ghosts and poisons in Lando's RMT like Dragapult:dragapult:, Glowking:slowking-galar: and Gholdengo:gholdengo:, are absolutely savaged by Hoopa, Darkrai and Kingambit. My team also appreciates Archaludon's ability to wall off and threaten back big physical threats like Ogerpon-Wellspring:ogerpon-wellspring:, Meowscarada:meowscarada: and Kingambit:kingambit: and Archaludon should absolutely be saved for the first two.

Stealth Rock is the team's only source of hazards, but Archaludon often finds it easy to get rocks up with its incredible physical bulk. Rocks also often makes late game sweeps by Darkrai, Kingambit or Volcarona much easier to pull off. Dragon Tail was the move that I am contemplating changing to Roar, as its Bold nature meant Dragon Tail's damage was often negligible, and could be blocked by Fairies/Substitute. However, Dragon Tail does bring valuable chip damage to setup sweepers like Roaring Moon:roaring-moon: and Gouging Fire:gouging-fire:, so I'm still on the fence regarding this. Flash Cannon is Archaludon's main STAB move, chipping away at threats like Gliscor:gliscor: and Great Tusk:great-tusk:, while hitting Fairy types like Iron Valiant, Enamorus, Clefable and Hatterene. Finally, Body Press off of its monstrous 130 base Def + Stamina Boosts does significant damage, especially to common Dark types like Meowscarada:meowscarada: and Kingambit:Kingambit:, as well as Ice types like Weavile:weavile: and DD Kyurem:kyurem:. In addition, it is the move of choice against Ogerpon variants:ogerpon::Ogerpon-wellspring::Ogerpon-cornerstone:, capable of 2HKOing with a Stamina boost, while even a SD boosted Ivy Cudgel needs 4 to 5 turns to KO Archaludon.

Tera Fighting boosts Body Press damage and allows for an OHKO on Kingambit with no Stamina boosts, however, I am contemplating Tera Flying due to my team's Fighting weakness and lack of Ground resists.
Vs Ogerpon-Wellspring:ogerpon-wellspring:
+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ivy Cudgel vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Archaludon: 111-131 (28.9 - 34.1%) -- 99.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Def Archaludon Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 111-131 (36.8 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Def Archaludon Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 166-196 (55.1 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

After one Stamina boost, Archaludon 2HKOs Ogerpon Wellspring, while in return Ogerpon-W has to SD at least once to 4HKO this steel behemoth.

Vs Ogerpon-Cornerstone:ogerpon-cornerstone:
252+ Def Archaludon Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Cornerstone: 222-262 (73.7 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon-Cornerstone Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Archaludon: 120-142 (31.2 - 36.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Similar to WOgerpon, Ogerpon-Cornerstone gets 2HKOed by Archaludon

Vs Kingambit:kingambit:
252+ Def Archaludon Body Press vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 328-388 (81.1 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Archaludon: 178-210 (46.3 - 54.6%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Archaludon can 2HKO Kingambit with Body Press, or OHKO if it Teras. In return, Kingambit with Low Kick and SO 5 has to 3HKO Archaludon after its first Stamina boost.

Vs Meowscarada:meowscarada:
Modest Darkrai OHKOs all Meowscaradas with the exception of Choice Scarf Meow, so that job would fall to Archaludon.
252 Atk Protean Meowscarada Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Archaludon: 79-94 (20.5 - 24.4%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Def Archaludon Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Meowscarada: 258-304 (88 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

With the addition of Stamina, Meowscarada is essentially never going to KO Archaludon.

Vs Roaring Moon:roaring-moon:
252+ Def Archaludon Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon: 254-300 (72.3 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Archaludon: 180-212 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Roaring Moon is actually capable of 2HKOing Archaludon with one DD, and if it Teras Flying, Archaludon typically has no way to win. Hence, if the opponent has not Tera-ed, Archaludon should phaze it out with Dragon Tail. If not, Body Press can 2HKO Moon before it can KO Archaludon.

Vs Gouging Fire:gouging-fire:
252 Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Archaludon: 158-186 (41.1 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Protosynthesis Tera Ground Gouging Fire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Archaludon: 236-278 (61.4 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Similar to Moon, Archaludon should always Dragon Tail to phase Gouging Fire out, especially with the threat of Tera Ground and Dragon Dance + Booster Energy. To deal with Gouging Fire, typically some sort of combo with Archaludon and Volcarona Tera Ground would be needed.

Vs Gliscor:gliscor:
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Archaludon: 126-150 (32.8 - 39%) -- 6.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Archaludon Flash Cannon vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 130-154 (36.9 - 43.7%) -- 12.1% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

While the typical play would be to try and catch Gliscor with an Ice Beam from Darkrai, Archaludon can switch in or sit in front of Gliscor quite comfortably without fear of Toxic and try to 4HKO it, although this usually means three layers of Spikes would come up.

Vs Great Tusk:great-tusk:
Tusk is pretty threatening with its STAB combo so if Archaludon does have to face it, it would have to Tera Fighting to 3HKO Tusk in return with Flash Cannon

Vs Kyurem:kyurem:
If Kyurem is Choice Specs, Hoopa is definitely more suited to deal with it. However, if Kyurem is Dragon Dance + Icicle Spear + Scale Shot + Stone Edge, it gets hard walled and 2HKOed by Body Press

Vs Weavile:weavile:
252 Atk Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Fighting Archaludon: 79-94 (20.5 - 24.4%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Def Tera Fighting Archaludon Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 816-964 (290.3 - 343%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Eats any of Weavile's attacks and OHKOs the frail Ice attacker in return.

:sv/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Landorus-Therian was used as another option to Gliscor, bringing more immediate power in the form of Earthquakes, but I found that Gliscor's contribution as a defensive mon that can stall out turns and spread Toxic, was more valuable to this team and how I played it. Nevertheless, I think Lando is a mon that can be explored should it feel like the team needs another physical breaker, or if Gliscor gets banned :(

:sv/skarmory:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Spikes

This is a Skarmory set suggested to counter Kingambit by matte, slotting in place of Scizor:Scizor:. While it does strengthen the team against its greatest threat of Gambit, this does remove the team's only hazard clear and clearest answer to Fairy threats. However, said Fairy threats can likely be dealt with by a combination of Pecharunt and Hoopa-U for the SpAtk Fairies like Enamorus in a pinch. More info on the set can be found in matte's comment below!

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

Corviknight was a suggested option for a Defogger in place of Scizor, back when the team had no Ground Resists (Volcarona was used instead of Gliscor in my prior RMT: The Dark Three (Balance/Bulky Offense)) However, I felt it lacked the offensive pressure that Scizor brought, especially to Fairy threats. Hence, I chose Rocky Helmet to punish U-turns/contact moves with chip. Full investment was put into HP and Def to leverage Corv's physical bulk and allow it to take these physical and contact moves better.

U-turn was to allow Corv to take a hit and slow pivot out, allowing threats like Darkrai, Hoopa-U and Raging Bolt to come in safely. Defog was for the typical hazard clear and screen reset, similar to what Scizor did. Roost is to extend Corv's longevity as a defogger and slow pivot, and Brave Bird is to ensure Corv isn't completely passive.

Tera Water is to resist the typical Fire counters to Corv like Cinderace, and allows it to turn into a bulky water. I am considering Tera Dragon as well, but further weakness to Ice and Fairy didn't seem ideal.

:sv/raging-bolt:
Raging Bolt @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt/Discharge

To bring in a greater variety in STAB, Raging Bolt was explored as an alternative to Kingambit:kingambit:. It brought the similar archetype of bulky slow wallbreaker or lategame sweeper, while bringing in an important resist to Fire. It also improved the team's matchup into Sun with its Protosynthesis buff + a Calm Mind tearing through whole teams, and Thunderclap to priority its way through Rain Teams. It also made sure that even if Hoopa-U:hoopa-unbound: falls, there was still a mon capable of eating special hits to switch in. While Raging Bolt lacks Kingambit's raw power with Supreme Overlord and Swords Dance, Raging Bolt still has Calm Mind and in niche cases, Protosynthesis against Sun. Bolt also doesn't have to worry about burns crippling its breaking power, and special walls like Blissey seem less prevalent that physical walls like Great Tusk:great-tusk:, Gliscor:Gliscor:, Archaludon:archaludon: and Dondozo:dondozo: Similar to Kingambit, full EVs were put into HP to improve bulk and SpA to improve its damage output when coming in as a lategame cleaner.

Calm Mind is Raging Bolt's primary setup move, boosting its special attacking prowess, while also making this long-necked dragon even more specially bulky to eat special hits. Thunderbolt is the typical 90BP Electric STAB, although Discharge is another option, sacrificing 10BP for a 20% increase in chance to paralyse and cripple opponents. Dragon Pulse is to ensure it's able to hit the common Dragons:kyurem::roaring-moon::gouging-fire::walking-wake:, especially after Raging Bolt terastallises. Thunderclap is the special electric version of Sucker Punch, allowing Raging Bolt to mimic Kingambit's lategame cleaning abilities, to a weaker degree

Tera Fairy is to ensure Raging Bolt can break through opposing Dragons, especially against the team's threats like Roaring Moon/Gouging Fire and Walking Wake with Dragon Pulse (or Thunderclap for post tera Roaring Moon).

Replays
New Lineup:pecharunt::hoopa-unbound::darkrai::raging-bolt::archaludon::corviknight:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2041039427 - Archaludon forces a forfeit after KO-ing two mons for team to break 1500 :Scizor::Weezing-Galar::Heatran::Iron-Moth::Feraligatr::Raging-Bolt:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2039512279?p2 - vs Deo-S Hyper Offense:Deoxys-Speed::Enamorus::Latias::Gouging-Fire::Hatterene::Kingambit:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2040902317?p2 - vs Cresselia-Pex Balance:Toxapex::Landorus-Therian::Dragapult::Great-Tusk::Lilligant-Hisui::Cresselia:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2040307740?p2 - vs Pecharunt-Blissey Balance:Pecharunt::Blissey::Raging-Bolt::Dragapult::Samurott-Hisui::Iron-Treads:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2040206626 - vs Enamorus Offense:Great-Tusk::Gholdengo::Amoonguss::Enamorus::Samurott-Hisui::Volcarona:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2039559664 - vs Serperior-Moon Hyper Offense:Great-Tusk::Serperior::Roaring-Moon::Volcarona ::Glimmora::Iron-Valiant:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2039475876 - vs Serperior Hyper Offense:Serperior::Kingambit::Volcarona::Iron-Boulder::Gouging-Fire::Iron-Valiant:

Old Lineup:pecharunt::hoopa-unbound::darkrai::kingambit::gliscor::scizor:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2036376313 - vs Araquanid-Hypnosis Darkrai Hyper Offense:deoxys-speed::gliscor::Darkrai::great-tusk::araquanid::iron-boulder:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2035309531 - vs Pecharunt-Gambit-Raging Bolt Bulky Offense:Pecharunt::Kingambit::Dragonite::Great-Tusk::Raging-Bolt::Rotom-Heat:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2034252431?p2 - vs
Miku Team:Archaludon::Primarina::Skeledirge::Great-Tusk::Rillaboom::Samurott-Hisui:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2033838832 - Pecharunt takes on Dondozo:Dondozo::Enamorus::Gholdengo::Great-Tusk::Heatran::Samurott-Hisui:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2035536822 - vs a Rain-Sand hybrid team?:Pelipper::Barraskewda::Archaludon::Raging-Bolt::Tyranitar::Excadrill:

Conclusion
Once again, if you made it all the way to the end of this RMT, I would truly like to thank you for taking the time to read it! I'll be updating this post as Pecharunt's place in the meta becomes clearer, but the team seems to hold up well still around 1400-1500s. I hope to get some more learned opinions on this team as everyone explores this new mythical and am open to any suggestions for improving this triple Mythical/triple Darkspam team! This has been: Pecharunt's New Loyal Three!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting! I understand this team is very experimental, so excuse how my typing sounds (maybe it sounds a bit meany :pirate:)

Your team is pretty weak to Kingambit. Hoopa and Darkai are something that Kingambit will never stay in on unless scouted that you aren't a Fighting move. Once your team gets to the lategame, a +2 Offensive Kingambit can easily break down your team. Most of the time, Darkai (choice locked) and Hoopa turn into setup fodder for a Tera Kingambit (Fairy/Flying). Gliscor just isn't enough to check this especially because its SpD. Same case for Weavile. It threatens most of your walls for big damage too, and some run 4Attacks Low Kick to hit Gambit. To fix this weakness, I would suggest swapping Scizor for IronPress Skarmory. It helps with the Weavile matchup and Kingambit matchup. This standard set is enough speed to outspeed Gambit and get an ID up to 1v1 it.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Spikes

Your team is also very weak to Weather. On top of the Proto mons that you listed, Walking Wake and Roaring Moon (both Choiced and DD + Acro). Hoopa isn't enough to wall Wake long term, and SpD Gliscor needs to Tera but still dies to Rocks + Draco or just 2 Dracos in a row. Roaring Moon can set up on alot of your team and matches up well into Perachunt and your other Dark types. Again, Moon could dealt with by Skarm, but Wake is very difficult to deal with.

rate in progess, will be back....

Last edited:
I personally really like this team! I made some modifications to it to better fit my play style

Tapu Pecha (Pecharunt) @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Puppeteer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Hex
- Venoshock
- Recover

xxXEdgeLordXxx (Darkrai) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bad Dreams
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

Reddit (Primarina) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 106 Def / 150 SpD
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Flip Turn
- Draining Kiss
- Psychic Noise

King To E4 (Kingambit) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Cool Beans (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect

The goal is basically to get Darkrai in safely as much as possible

Sorry I've been busy the past week and haven't really had a time to sit down and grind, but I'm glad to see that the team has garnered quite a bit of attention and that people have been having fun with it and modifying it to suit their playstyles! (tq to Comett7778 for the alternative teambuild)

I've added a changelog at the top to document any changes I make to the post and added a replay section to document a new account I set up a few days ago where I exclusively play this team and only just got back up to 1450! I would also like to thank matte for their input regarding Skarm to counter Gambit. Weather, especially Sun, is definitely an issue, as Hoopa-U can down one of Walking Wake/Raging Bolt but not both, but I hope to see if there may be a fix for this as I play more, or if any other players have other inputs! At my place on low-mid ladder, I haven't had as much trouble with Weavile/Roaring Moon, as Weavile is OHKOed by Scizor's Bullet Punch, and non-Choice Banded Roaring Moon tends to setup on Hoopa-U, expecting it to be locked into Psychic/Thunderbolt/Knock Off, only for it to land a Drain Punch, which puts Moon in range of Scizor's Bullet Punch/Kingambit's Sucker Punch.

I hope to update this RMT with any new findings, so once again thanks for taking a look!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)