0F756A34-C319-4B2D-A9B4-F5A121171565.png
1063974F-FA20-407C-AFCF-FA873615547B.png
4A4375A3-0F60-4C7D-A01D-A2ACE3A2247F.png
BB780AB8-02DB-4DF6-9232-0E52011E7A12.png
3C7FAB9F-AD39-41F5-A05D-C0FBD7A96C8A.png
CABC728E-238B-4D00-9EA0-F6973CE18B07.png

JIRACHI RAIN BO

INTRODUCTION

Yo, so I made this team a while back originally building around :samurott-hisui: and tusk was instead :landorus-therian:. However, I found it really matchup fishy even for rain standards. So I did some experimenting changing moves, teras, and ultimately arriving at the current team which I gladly present in this RMT. I peaked 1951 and then stopped laddering because everyone decided to run water absorb :clodsire: that day for some reason. Enjoy the team.

POKEPASTE
Better Version :pelipper: :kingdra: :barraskewda: :archaludon: :jirachi: :great tusk:

Old Version :pelipper: :samurott-hisui: :barraskewda: :archaludon: :jirachi: :landorus-therian:

PROOF OF PEAK
7BD29718-A6AB-4780-8C88-63289EA40928.jpeg

TEAM BREAKDOWN
Rain has been heavily experimented with ever since :archaludon: arrived, since it serves as a useful countermeasure for mons such as :dragonite:, :rillaboom:, :kingambit: etc, all of which are good into rain. However, standard rain teams tend to rely on :archaludon: too much, whereas an offensive team can work together to break it down, since it is slightly slow. Furthermore, rain has a horrible MU into specs :kyurem:. Hence why I added :jirachi:, which is pretty bad in OU otherwise but in this team fills an irreplaceable niche. With shuca berry it checks :kyurem:, and it is a good rocker on rain since you can u-turn out on common removal options (:great tusk: or :cinderace:) and bring one of your waters in. Rain also struggles vs :dragapult:, :kingambit: and :darkrai:. This is where AV :great tusk: comes in, being able to lure special threats and smack them back with your strong STAB moves. Standard rain is more offensive, focusing on out-damaging your opponent before you run out of steam. Standard rain is also more focused on facilitating your water sweepers and goes all-in on the :barraskewda: or :kingdra: cleanup. This rain has a different gameplan, it preserves your breakers so you can make favourable trades, and has less support (such as dropping :iron treads:) instead having a solid defensive backbone.

FE176160-465F-487C-A35A-DA434FD250A9.png

Downpour @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Role: Rain, :gouging fire: check, ground immunity, emergency :rillaboom: check
Moveset: Surf over weather ball to hit :tyranitar: and :torkoal: harder, hurricane for grasses, u-turn is mandatory, roost is good into balance/weather wars
Tera: Spinblocks and gets rid of rocks weakness
Other Options: Knock off could be used over roost, and tera steel/poison for :rillaboom: and :serperior:

02834B3B-9A56-4D9F-878F-706282691924.png

Monsoon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump

Role: Speed control, it might be tempting to replace this mon with a breaker like :samurott-hisui: but having 2 swift swimmers is way better so you don't have to predict their tera water, just spam water move to weaken their check for :barraskewda: or vice-versa.
Moveset: Weather ball and draco irreplaceable, hurricane opens up midgrounds and hits :serperior: and :amoonguss: harder. Pump is slightly stronger and allows more flexibility in case rain ends (allows you to sack :pelipper: more).
Tera: Stronger dragon stab and crucially resist :rillaboom: and :raging bolt: priority.
Other Options: Flip turn, ice beam, dragon pulse are all valid replacements. Tera water is also good.

70619645-2CBC-4ED4-A388-096885C8629D.png

Atlantis @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Flip Turn

Role: Speed control 2, flip turn allows you to safely scout their tera.
Moveset: Standard skewda stuff.
Tera: Allows you to rk :dragonite:.
Other Options: Tera water is obviously an option, psychic fangs can be run to hit water absorb :clodsire: and :toxapex:.

A985EFA4-B776-40F6-BC93-CC55FF50F235.png

Scorched Earth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Electro Shot

Role: Defensive anchor and midgame breaker, checks :zapdos:, :corviknight:, :toxapex:, :rillaboom:, etc.
Moveset: Again, standard 4 moves.
Tera: Amazing neutral defensive type, resists sucker, immunity to draco.
Other Options: Maybe tera fighting, but this standard set cannot go wrong.

9E84C1B8-61E0-4CB4-A875-D2571CB1D777.png

Alula Australis @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Role: Jirachi is legit in rain. Consolidates rocks, pivot move, and defensive utility in 1 slot. Most importantly, allows you to run healing wish which turns :archaludon: into a 2-phase final boss. Checks :kyurem: and :enamorus: amazingly well and pseudo-spinblocks with hwish. Also shuts down :glimmora: and is decent into :serperior:.
Moveset: Rocks, hwish are mandatory since it takes advantage of rachi's unique options. Iron head forces :hatterene: to tera and u-turn lures :great tusk: or :cinderace: so you can get your breakers in.
Tera: Spinblocker.
Other Options: Jirachi is very customisable but I don't think you can fit random coverage such as thunder or icy wind since this mon is just meant to get up, hwish or u-turn out.

AE7E75C4-11F2-4B2B-B36B-BAD34B3E0D93.png

Grax @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 64 HP / 12 Atk / 248 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Role: This tusk set is goated. It patches up all defensive weaknesses on this team so well, checking most special attackers including :dragapult: and :raging bolt:. Also adds hazard control, ground immunity, an offensive breaker, knock off, and a :kingambit: check all in 1 slot. It has enough speed to outspeed modest :raging bolt: and after a rapid spin it outspeeds :darkrai: at +1 speed. It has enough attack to 2hko :skarmory: with tera fighting CC, as well as become harder to switch into against mons like :alomomola: or :dondozo:. You have to use this mon in the early-midgame to get knocks off on mons like :zapdos: or to trade vs their special attacker. This also synergises amazingly well with :jirachi: since you can afford to play aggressively with this mon since you can heal it back up later.
Moveset: Knock and spin are mandatory. STABs has good general coverage since you want to knock their flying type anyways.
Tera: Allows you to 2hko skarm and removes your water/ice/grass weakness
Other Options: One of the STABs could be replaced to ice spinner. If you drop CC, tera can be changed to steel/whatever.

BAD MUs
:clodsire: Water absorb obviously, :great tusk: is your main way of taking advantage of this mon since you have hwish for toxic.
:serperior: Getting :archaludon: or :jirachi: glared can really suck, also :jirachi: gets beaten down by leaf storm. You need to out-offense the serp team to win.
:tyranitar: Sand is tough depending on their team. Tera :archaludon: is usually good into sand.
:dondozo: :gliscor: Stall can be annoying since :gliscor: can tera or scout with protect. Honestly stall/semistall is probably the worst MU for this team but tera :great tusk: can technically outplay.

REPLAYS
Peak vs Sun :torkoal: :hatterene: :roaring moon: :gouging fire: :great tusk: :walking wake:
Vs water absorb clod + zapdos sand :zapdos: :tyranitar: :excadrill: :clodsire: :skarmory: :latios:
Vs raging bolt offense :deoxys-speed: :gholdengo: :raging bolt: :ting-lu: :iron crown: :darkrai:
I felt like overpredicting in this one :weezing-galar: :kingambit: :hawlucha: :samurott-hisui: :iron valiant: :great tusk:
Vs darkrai HO :darkrai: :deoxys-speed: :raging bolt: :kingambit: :iron valiant: :great tusk:

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
I’m no battling expert, but I really like this team. I myself made an OP Ubers Sun team, but honestly this is probably better, especially since this team absolutely cannot get checked by super fast and strong Pokémon like mine potentially can. I would, however, replace Liquidation for Psychic Fangs on Barra. That way you won’t get absolutely walled and be forced to do a risky Flip Turn switch into another Pokémon when your opponent is using a move that can OHKO the new Pokémon. I’m interested to see how this team works in battle myself. Wanna battle Gen 9 OU? My username is PokefanKIV.

Nice team, congrats on the peak. I really like the Tusk set.

I think Specially Defense Pelipper is better right now than physical defense, because physical soft checks very little in the Meta. Knock Off can definitely go over one of the attacks. Also, consider Tera Steel. It helps vs. Ninetales-A.

In general, Ive always believed running two Swift Swimmers on rain is redundant because you overloading an already decent matchup vs. offense for being worse off vs stall & fat balances. I think replacing Kingdra or Barraskewda for a powerful special or physical breaker will go a long way. For example, you can try Kingdra + Sam-H / Ogerpon-W/ Crawdaunt / (Physical breaker) or Barraskewda + Walking Wake / Manaphy / Keldeo / Volcanion / (Special Breaker).

Hope this helps!

serperiorr

formerly someidiot19
Nice team, congrats on the peak. I really like the Tusk set.

I think Specially Defense Pelipper is better right now than physical defense, because physical soft checks very little in the Meta. Knock Off can definitely go over one of the attacks. Also, consider Tera Steel. It helps vs. Ninetales-A.

In general, Ive always believed running two Swift Swimmers on rain is redundant because you overloading an already decent matchup vs. offense for being worse off vs stall & fat balances. I think replacing Kingdra or Barraskewda for a powerful special or physical breaker will go a long way. For example, you can try Kingdra + Sam-H / Ogerpon-W/ Crawdaunt / (Physical breaker) or Barraskewda + Walking Wake / Manaphy / Keldeo / Volcanion / (Special Breaker).

Hope this helps!
I appreciate the criticism but I have to disagree. You need physdef peli for zama, soft-checking tusk meow weav etc. And there's already double AV for the special side of things. Tera steel valid tho. Also knock on peli you would probably pair with flip turn kingdra for bliss, haven't tried this tho its probably good.

Same with the second comment abt having 2 swift swimmers. I also thought this was a bad idea in my original team which had samu+skewda to knock off water resists and spikestack. However, not having 2 swift swimmers will always put your skewda in a tough spot since if they tera water/dragon vs liquidation they can pick off skewda and now u dont have speed control. Hence it forces you to always make the flip turn play instead of allowing u to go for stronger moves. Having a mon like sam-h keld etc does make the team better vs fat but this team has the tools to beat fat teams without a dedicated breaker. Vs slower teams most of the time I tera tusk since that makes the skarm/dozo MU a lot better (You have more entry with tusk since healing wish cures toxic from scor or clod).

Hey, I would just like to leave a comment commending you for your excellent teambuilding. I have read all of your RMTs from the first one (I rated it lol) to this one, and I can see the huge leap you took in terms of skill level of building and playing, but also the quality of writing is concise and information packed. I'm learning on building teams by just reading this LOL. Really love Rachi on this team, its a great niche pick that does something, and its my fave mon :jirachi: I wish you luck in your future pursuits in teambuilding.

I speak representing the RMT staff, great work and keep it up. One of these RMTs (not telling which one :P) will 100% be on RMT of the month. :heart:

P.S. wow that sounds like glazing sooo badly :worrywhirl:

P.P (haha): Umm after reading the RMT again bc I like it so, much holy cluck this team is weak to stall.

Last edited:

serperiorr

formerly someidiot19
Hey, I would just like to leave a comment commending you for your excellent teambuilding. I have read all of your RMTs from the first one (I rated it lol) to this one, and I can see the huge leap you took in terms of skill level of building and playing, but also the quality of writing is concise and information packed. I'm learning on building teams by just reading this LOL. Really love Rachi on this team, its a great niche pick that does something, and its my fave mon :jirachi: I wish you luck in your future pursuits in teambuilding.

I speak representing the RMT staff, great work and keep it up. One of these RMTs (not telling which one :P) will 100% be on RMT of the month. :heart:

P.S. wow that sounds like glazing sooo badly :worrywhirl:
Hell yeah. Thx for the words of encouragement bro, seeing actual improvement over my years playing rly feels amazing.

serperiorr

formerly someidiot19
P.P (haha): Umm after reading the RMT again bc I like it so, much holy cluck this team is weak to stall.
I wont sugarcoat it stall is one of the worst MUs for this squad. Tho the gameplan is generally get rocks up, lure gliscor to tera, use arch and double out into tusk on their clod. Tera fight tusk and click cc/knock, you can even stay in vs scor since u can heal off poison later. PP is really annoying tho.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2036734623-8bokil22gm586eu7vo29btr1apl740ipw
this replay isnt stall at all but he has an insane anti rain defensive core (water absorb clod+zap+weather) and I used tera tusk to win

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
replays section. theres 1800-1900s gameplay of the team in there
I meant battle you myself. Not just watch replays. I like battling other peoples. We can also do Anything so you can battle my Uber Sun team and have a weather war lol. I do have Arkoos-Water if I get caught in Rain. Note time rn is 12:49 Pacific Standard Time I think

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)