SV OU [Peaked #21 1945 Elo] CRYSTAL BLUE PERSUASION (Specs Keld BO)

serperiorr

formerly someidiot19
21733912-3D71-4DF6-8A21-4673BA8D824F.png

INTRODUCTION
Yo, thanks for checking out my RMT. I wanted to build a BO using a few under-appreciated mons in gen 9 involving specs :keldeo: and banded :azumarill:. I think these two tend to be compared to options like :walking wake: and :primarina: respectively, so I decided to make a team that uses these 2 by their strengths. I managed to peak at 1945 elo which is my all time peak, only losing a handful of games. Enjoy the team!

POKEPASTE
https://pokepast.es/7d081ec8ed8dc8b8

PROOF OF PEAK
859BC050-FF09-48C4-9B55-91A80314A576.jpeg

TEAM EXPLANATION
:xy/keldeo:
Horsenberg @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Vacuum Wave

Specs Keld was once one of the most feared breakers on BO, having great offensive stats, STAB scald, and decent defensive utility. In gen 9, not only did it lost scald, but it has to compete with fellow water-type breaker :walking wake: as well as other fighting types such as :iron valiant:. However, it gained something in return, being a priority move in vacuum wave. This does not seem like a big buff at first to justify using it over :walking wake:. However, it is actually an incredibly valuable tool vs HO, like against :roaring moon:, or vs mons such as :meowscarada: and :darkrai:. It also comes with the bonus of OHKOing max HP :kingambit:, which means you can play this mon more aggressively without fear of being sniped by a +2 sucker. It's also a lot better in an environment where tapus don't exist and :toxapex: is a lot less common. Even then, you can muscle through physdef :toxapex: with the inclusion of tera water hydro pump.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tera Water Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 145-171 (47.6 - 56.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

This is also why I chose modest over timid. It comes with a few downsides, mainly you miss out on outspeeding timid :kyurem:. You also get speedcrept by these guys: :manaphy: :garchomp: :enamorus: :iron crown: :volcarona: :thundurus-therian:. Kyurem in general is a bad MU for this team which I will explain later, but the other mons can be dealt with reasonably or are not used enough to justify timid, in my opinion.

:xy/azumarill:
Jesse Blueman (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Azumarill hasn't seen any use ever since :primarina: arrived, but I've always been an advocate for CB Azu and think it's not only viable, but legitimately good. Aside from an incredible defensive typing and natural bulk which :primarina: also has, Azu manages to fit 2 almost-mandatory options on offensive teams. That being knock off and priority. I think AV Azu and belly drum are not the way to go since :primarina: outclasses AV and mons like :ogerpon-wellspring: or :rillaboom: beat belly drum. However, CB is very hard to switch into especially with tera fairy turning Azu into a bootleg Mega-Mawile. This mon synergises with :keldeo: really well since if their :toxapex: is spdef, it can be broken down with azu and vice-versa. This mon also soft-checks stuff like :roaring moon: and can pick off HO mons with jet.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Tera Fairy Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 124-146 (40.7 - 48%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

:xy/amoonguss:
Amoongustavo Fring (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog
- Spore

Now that the offensive core is out of the way, I needed to add a small defensive backbone. I wanted something to beat :serperior: :ogerpon-wellspring: and :rillaboom: and so I added max physdef amoonguss. Helm was chosen so that I punish :rillaboom: whenever it attempts to gain momentum or use glide, and I think in general having a helmet mon on a team is very useful in making progress. This mon is checked by mons like :heatran: which means you can make easy doubles into one of your waters. Tera fire was for tera grass/water :volcarona: which resists Azu's jet. It also allows you to have a long-term check for :meowscarada: which is also annoying for the team, or stop a :gouging fire: sweep. Also, I needed a grounded poison since both :keldeo: and :azumarill: hate tspikes.

:xy/hatterene:
Hatter Call Saul @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Nuzzle

Since I don't have a single boots mon on this team, I wanted formidable hazard control. Hence why I added Hatterene, which has CM for slower teams and nuzzle for faster teams. I hate using tera fly, but it is here purely for :gliscor: which really annoys the team otherwise and can chip down hatt with EQ. Also, Hatt prevents :skarmory: from making any progress with spikes.

:xy/tornadus-therian:
Mike Ehrmantorn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bleakwind Storm
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

I needed a ground immunity as well as something to sponge special hits, which is why I added AV torn. I think this mon is amazing and heavily under-utilised, and with hazard control support it is an unkillable pivot that gets your breakers in. It lures :zapdos: in to get a knock off, as well as :heatran: to u-turn on for your water to start breaking. It also checks special :dragapult: who you can even bounce back their twave with :hatterene:. Tera steel is almost purely for :kyurem: which would otherwise click freeze-dry 6 times vs this team. However, you don't need to tera immediately because this mon is faster and knocks :kyurem: which allows you to eat a freeze-dry.

252 SpA Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-Therian: 216-254 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tera Steel Tornadus-Therian: 214-254 (59.1 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:xy/excadrill:
Spinny Pete @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

The last mon I added was scarf drill, one of my fave sets that I spam on ORAS ladder. This is the ultimate utility mon, being able to surprise revenge kill mons like :dragapult: or :kyurem: and with both spin and rocks, you can always get progress even vs fatter teams that have :gliscor: or :skarmory:. It also checks :raging bolt: and :clefable:. With mold breaker, you guarantee rocks up vs :hatterene:, and with scarf it's much easier to spin if they managed to outplay your own hatt or have a mon such as :samurott-hisui:. Tera steel to OHKO :kyurem: and unlike :iron treads: this mon has a great attack stat and doesn't lose the speed boost upon switch.

252 Atk Mold Breaker Tera Steel Excadrill Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 392-464 (100.2 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

BAD MUs
This team has a few bad MUs which I will explain below how to play around.

:kyurem: is the worst MU for this team, since :keldeo: is modest and there is no freeze-dry resist. Vs this mon I always lead :tornadus-therian: to get an early knock off, and you can either tera your :tornadus-therian: or alternatively tera :azumarill: as they face off each other. If they likely stay in on :azumarill: as you tera, you eat the freeze-dry and kill the :kyurem: back. If you're lucky and it's DD, :azumarill: can handle it pretty well:.

:meowscarada: is a threat to most teams since it gained axel. I usually lead :keldeo: vs this mon to ideally catch a surprise KO with specs vacuum wave. However, you can also tera :amoonguss: or :tornadus-therian: to beat this long-term. :hatterene: is also a decent check to this.

:garganacl: with tera water/grass is really annoying to break, and you kinda have to make aggressive doubles or get damage on it with :azumarill: to beat it.

:manaphy: is also annoying and has to be beaten by trading down with :tornadus-therian: or :excadrill:

REPLAYS
(Peak) Lucky 6-0 vs Toxapex balance
:latios: :toxapex: :meowscarada: :great tusk: :skarmory: :clefable:

6-0 vs pressure stall
:kingambit: :zapdos: :entei: :gliscor: :corviknight: :suicune:

Lucky 6-0 vs Volcanion BO
:volcanion: :meowscarada: :weezing-galar: :archaludon: :zamazenta: :gliscor:

6-0? vs rain
:pelipper: :archaludon: :kyurem: :kingdra: :barraskewda: :garchomp:

6-0 vs Dragapult BO
:great tusk: :glimmora: :skeledirge: :iron valiant: :dragapult: :milotic:

Showing off tera fire Amoonguss
:volcarona: :kingambit: :ogerpon-wellspring: :hatterene: :great tusk: :clefable:

Rain again
:pelipper: :kingdra: :barraskewda: :archaludon: :great tusk: :amoonguss:

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)