ORAS UU Peaked 17th UU Neostall

This is a team I've been working on for a while. It's not perfect or anything. But has got me through some tough games. Its a slightly different team from the normal hard stall that occupies the tier. It kind of manages to go to one with a regular stall team to be honest. The whole basis of the team is being able to get hazards up and keep them throughout the game. I use some weird stuff on this team,but I actually decided to RMT this team to get some feedback on how to improve it, because recently stuff like Mixed Kyurem has just been a pain to be honest. I didn't peak with JUST this team, and have tilted since then(SunnyORAS is my username in case you wanna check), but enough about the team. The idea is based on one of AJ's team from early ORAS OU, whose entire selling point was that it was a non-passive stall team.Let's actually take a look at it.So without further ado ......

EDIT: Proof of peak(well not really I don't have a screenie from 17th)

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 204 HP / 80 SpD / 224 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Synthesis/Leech Seed

All right let's get started with this weird Chesnaught. This is one of the team members that helps me totally put a stop to opposing stall. I run enough speed to beat most Mega Blastoise and Suicune for that mater, and so this lets me set hazards without a care in the world. Forretress is easily blocked by Doublade, and MBlastoise is worn down enough by hazards that it eventually is in range of a swift Wood Hammer. This is basically the team member that stops CroCune from clean sweeping me. The choice of Leech Seed and Synthesis has always been a tough one for me and I alternate between the two. Reliable recovery won out in the end though because I need to be reasonably healthy to check Suicune throughout the match.Taunt here plays a crucial role in stopping Suicune from just Resting off any damage it has accrued.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball/Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword/Shadow Sneak

The next member of my weird team. Doublade is here to spin block Forretress and check opposing
Cresselia/Reuniclus/Snorlax. Of course I can't spinblock MBlastoise but hopefully hazards will have worn down Mega Blastoise to the point where Chesnaught can remove it and setup hazards freely. I guess I should explain my choices of moves here. Gyro Ball is basically here for a powerful STAB move and as an added bonus it OHKO's Crobat if it gets cocky and decides to stay in and decides to defog. The truly weird move here is Sacred Sword. My answer? Snorlax. I got swept by it once and wanted a better way to answer it. Enter Sacred Sword. Shadow Sneak of course is better in nearly all respects though and I've been told by many of my friends in ct to change it ;-;

Crobat @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Super Fang/U-Turn
- Roost

Crobat is here to check threats to my team such as Heracross,Infernape,and Mienshao. The EV spread is one of Eyan's and creeps standard Crobat, and gives Porygon2/Z an Attack instead of a Sp.Atk boost, and also has a fair bit of offensive presence while checking MDrill due to its decent bulk with invested HP. I just blindly slap this EV spread on to every team that I have with Crobat now. I also use this to help break stall with Taunt/Super Fang, because I needed something to put over defog, which obviously doesn't fit on a hazard centric team such as this. Taunt has been a god send so far, helping to totally halt Wish passes and the such if played properly.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Does this really need to be explained? It's Blissey. It's a cleric that doesn't die, and that can pass huge wishes around. I originally had Florges over this but Florges created an unnecessary Nidoqueen weakness , and wasn't quite as resiliant as Blissey. Overall I'm pretty happy with how Blissey has performed to be honest. Chestnaught+Blissey actually beats every form of Suicune just so that you know :).It is a bit of a momentum killer though, but that's pretty much a given.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse/Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump/Scald/Water Pulse
- Rapid Spin

More weird EV spreads. This one beats Adamant Honchkrow which is irritating,and OHKO's it with Ice Beam. I seem to have a penchant fro speed creep as evidenced by my Chesnaught spread and this one.This is the tier's best spinner.It's impossible to spin block with either of the ghosts, and Hydro Pump hits like a truck dealing on average around 40% to Florges. I frankly don't know why I even have Dark Pulse now that Celebi is gone and a case could be made for replacing it with Aura Sphere. Mega Blastoise is my THIRD check to Suicune dealing on average 38% to Suicune and can beat it with a flinch,which has a fairly good chane to occur over the course of two turns. Mega Blastoise in spite of not running any defensive EV's here helps me to check Entei and its Sacred Fire spam. But it does tend to get worn down over the course of a game because of its lacking Leftovers. Need I also mention the benefit of having a Trick absorber on this kind of team?

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 40 Def / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Roar/Toxic
- Stealth Rock

This is my normal/flying resist(read physical wall). It in conjunction with Mega Blastoise provides a buffer against Honchkrow and Entei. It also helps beat the Work Up stall breaker Pidgeot so there's that. The Toxic is obviously to help wear down bulky waters on the switch. While the Stealth Rock is there because it's Stealth Rock. I think the EV spread could be optimised here so feel free to do it. Rhyperior also tends to be worn down quickly during the course of a match solely because of how often it has to come in.

Credit where it's due:-

Fookmi,Cyndequil(burd is wurd),Arcaedotic,AllAttack,Eyan,Latios pls,and Truth In Lies have all helped me playtest this team once or more, and I guess IP for not raging at me for when I win room tours with this garbage? lol. CREDITS TO LORD FOOKMI FOR THE GORGEOUS ART WORK <3.

Also Mystialized has also helped a fair few times with this so thanks everyone. Have at it n_n

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 80 Def / 224 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Crobat @ Black Sludge
EVs: 104 HP / 192 Atk / 8 SpD / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Super Fang
- Roost

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man really solid looking team, I just have a couple optimizations to make.

Blastoise really does like the coverage Aura Sphere provides over Dark Pulse, you beat all the common spin blockers without it anyways, and for this particular team I like Scald on it a lot better than Hydro.

Shadow Claw on Doublade is a lot less useful in UU over Shadow Sneak so you can easily replace that move and still have Sacred Sword, it's pretty much an essential move, I'd also consider Iron Head over Gyro Ball just for the extra PP since you're playing stall, but I suppose OHKOing Crobat is a perk. I'd also consider using the RestTalk set instead, you have plenty of offensive presence on this team already.

You have kind of a wierd Chesnaught set. I like the Specially defensive spread since it helps you deal with mixed Hydreigon which otherwise runs you over, and for that reason precisely I urge you to run Leech Seed and Drain Punch over Synthesis and Wood Hammer. You beat Cune with Leech Seed even without any SDEF investment which frees up the Wood Hammer slot for Drain Punch, which covers more relevant threats and actually heals you instead of hurting you.

that's all I have for now hope I helped

That sounds like a very good suggestion to be honest, I'll be sure to try that one out. The EVS on Chestnaught look weird because I literally took the EVs from Taunt Chesnaught on the analysis and changed the Defense EVs to Sp.Defense; and the nature from Impish to Careful. RestTalk looks nice mind suggesting some EVs? The speed on Chestnaught was to actually screw over CroCune but the Drain Punch idea is interesting :). Aura Sphere>Dark Pulse is def gonna be something I try. I like Scald's burn chance but Hydro Pump is really strong and lets me break through stuff like Florges at times. But definitely a solid suggestion and one I'll be trying. I do get why you talk about Scald/Iron Head> their lower PP counterparts,and considering the stallish nature of the team is probably for the best. The Wood hammer on Chestnaught is really helpful though to make sure MBlastoise can't just come in for free and spin. I tested Drain Punch a bit, and it kind of takes away from its purpose of being able to freely setup spikes on MBlastoise(obviously after wearing it down a bit). Shadow Claw on Doublade seems to be exclusively be used for the mirror match, so I'll probably be changing that to Shadow Sneak. Anybody have any EVS optimizations for Doublade/Rhyperior?

Last edited:
Lol I like the fact that lots of people are checking this out...I don't like the fact that no can be bothered to rate lol. Please rate frenz...um..this is a bump I guess?

If I were you, I would be using water pulse over scald/hydro pump. Although it is weaker than hydro pump, the chance for confusion is nice. I agree with the person above that said to put drain punch and leech seed on Chestnaught; not only would it make it more offensive, but you could also get a lot of health back. I will check out the evs on chesnaught when I get home, as im at school right now. Nice team

Friend Drain Punch>Wood Hammer is not for the offense but to help me check Wallbreaker Hydrei :P ty for the rate, Water Pulse is a good option as well tbh

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here are some changes that you can implement whenever.

• Chesnaught should be the following set, in order to most effectively work around the premier wallbreakers of UU. Further, it's not an effective Taunter cause of how slow it is. Leave that job to Crobat. This set should focus on walling. However, if you REALLY want it to have taunt, run it over Spikes.
Chesnaught @ Leftovers
EVs: 252HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spikes / Taunt
- Synthesis

• Next, I'm adjusting your Crobat set to be able to 2HKO more of the tier, which will provide decent offensive synergy with Doublade's coverage moves. Due to this power boost, you won't have to rely on Super Fang nearly as much, so use U-turn to retain more momentum. Sharp Beak will provide Crobat with insane power, turning Crobat into a potent threat with decent utility + recovery.
Crobat @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

• Basic change here, just putting 0 attack IVs
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

• Same here. I like the speed creeping, but if you find that Blastoise is dying too easily, adjust the EVs to hit 210 speed, and leave it at that. Also, 0 Atk IVs
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin

• This Rhyperior just provides better synergy for your team. 16 Atk EVs hits a jump point. You also need a phazer more than you need a Toxic user, so I replaced that with Roar.
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 40 Def / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Ah nice and indepth as usual King UU!(I still remember when I fought you on UU ladder with your team lol. And you managed to conjure a win with Scarf Swampert lol). I'll try those suggestions man. Just one question tho, how does Chesnaught check the premier wall breakers of the tier? Mix Kyurem rekts it, Mix Nape also rekt, only thing it can check is Mix hydrei(which usually doesn't have Fire Blast but might run it). The Rhyperior spread is v nice :) ty. Also that Crobat looks hip and gives me some more offensive presence. If I wanted to beat the premier wall breakers I'd think Careful Chesnaught would be better? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for the rate and keep em coming :)

This is a small thing, but I think Soft-Boiled would be a better choice over Protect. This allows Blissey to have a one-turn recovery for when it really needs to recover and cannot waste two turns just for recovery. Needing two turns for recovery is something that Blissey wants to avoid, since it is already really passive, and is thus set-up bait due to lacking Toxic or anything to deter anything from setting up on it. Not to mention that your team is a more aggressive turn of a stall team, and at least recovering in one turn will not kill as much momentum as recovering in just two turns.

Hey Sunny, nice team, congrats on the peak! Just have one quick thing to say: I'm noticing a pretty big weakness to Reun + Pursuit Trapper or just Reun in general, which is really good in the meta right now. I see your only way of beating it is Doublade, or Blastoise before it starts boosting, but you can't really expect it to never have boosts when you send in stoise so that's a pretty loose check in it of itself. To have a better match up against it I would consider running Roar over Toxic on Rhyperior and making Dark Pulse on Stoise and Shadow Claw on Doublade staples. I might be overexaggerating this weakness a bit, but again, Reun is great right now and it doesn't hurt to have some extra insurance against it.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ah nice and indepth as usual King UU!(I still remember when I fought you on UU ladder with your team lol. And you managed to conjure a win with Scarf Swampert lol). I'll try those suggestions man. Just one question tho, how does Chesnaught check the premier wall breakers of the tier? Mix Kyurem rekts it, Mix Nape also rekt, only thing it can check is Mix hydrei(which usually doesn't have Fire Blast but might run it). The Rhyperior spread is v nice :) ty. Also that Crobat looks hip and gives me some more offensive presence. If I wanted to beat the premier wall breakers I'd think Careful Chesnaught would be better? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for the rate and keep em coming :)
oh, I thought physical wallbreakers were implied

Ah King UU I think I was being dumb >_<, obviously physical wallbreakers were implied; Toenail...so I guess Shadow Claw is a must? It doesn't really beat Shadow Ball Reuniclus I guess but you win some and lose some I guess ;-;

To add to what people are saying above, 4 of your pokemon are very weak to toxic spikes which allows stall teams to take advantage of you, especially considering how easily blastoise is worn down. Nothing you have can really threaten Tenta and it gets plenty of opportunities to switch in against your teams, which makes it worse. There are two options I can think of to alleviate this problem.

Easy Option: Run Defog on Bat. Double hazard control is never a bad idea, and bat is very good for removing T-spikes despite being unable to absorb them. Also note that even though you run a hazard stack team, defog isn't bad because it helps against more defensive hazard stack teams, and chesnaght and Rhy are able to set up their hazards multiple times. I find having a fast defog is also helpful vs HO who try to get their hazards up once and early. I would run Defog over Super Fang.

Hard Option: Replace M-Blast with Tenta. Tenta is a lot more defensive, but it has its own set of advantages. Like Toise, It can't really be spinblocked by chandy and blade and neither likes switching into a Knock Off. It can beat cune with Haze + Wish support if that's a problem for you, but I have never tried that. It has Black Sludge and generally a lot more survivability than Blastoise, which makes it better in longer matches. Most importantly it can absorb toxic spikes. This is quite a radical change and I'm not saying you need to do it, but it's another option if you need one. The set is below.

Tentacruel@Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic/Toxic Spikes
-Knock Off/Acid Spray/Haze

(creep is for Adamant Honch iirc)

This is a pretty cool team overall. The more stall there is on the ladder, the more fun the ladder becomes imo. Good luck and I hope this helped in some way (:

@ Toenail I agree...I think I might go for Softboiled>Wish eventually tbh..a Wish Pass is very hard to get off in UU rn ;-;. @ Lapraz I guess I'll have to test tenta then, but Defog bat does look enticing, but Tenta gives me TSpikes as well which will help me break opposing stall teams even better. Both options have their own pros and cons and I guess I'll have to test em both n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)