PBR Doubles Rain Dance V2

I decided after testing this and editing the problem areas it was time to repost this with its revisions and get another opinion on it =D

Ok so there is no confusion I will list the rules for PBR battles.

1. All Pokes become Lv. 50
  2. Doubles are 4 vs. 4
  3. Before the match both opponents see each others Pokes on their team. (All 6 not just the 4 you choose)
  4. From the 6 in your party you choose 4 to use
  5. The battle ends when one trainer has no Pokes left or one trainer quits.
Quick View:

My Team:

Bold Uxie @ Damp Rock
Levitate
-Rain Dance
- Light Screen
- Memento
- U-Turn
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Uxie is so much better than Zong its sad. It has higher speed, Sp. Defense, Defense, and Hp. There is almost no reason to use Zong except for explosion. First turn h sets up Raind Dance then follows with light screen and reflect until he has done his job. I haven't decided wheter to use U-Turn or Memento. Its been about 50/50 that either he is low on HP and I wsh I had Memento or he as had a good amount of HP Left and I'm glad I U-Turned out.​

Modest Kingdra @ Leftovers
Swift Swim
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
92 HP / 252 SpA / 166 Speed​

This guy is clearly a must for any rain dance team. I let Uxie do its setting up while I am ripping the other team to shreds with this guy. Ice beam covers Zapdos while the others are kick ass stabbed (and surf and watefall are even more boosted in rain). Surf over hydro pump to hit Toxicroack for some HP recovery. Chose the special version since one physical move has no real help in doubles.​

Timid Raikou @ Damp Rock
Pressure
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Shadow Ball
- HP Ground
252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 Hp

I decided I was in need of an electric poke to take down other waters and such. Thunder always hits in rain and is 120 base, 180 after the STAB. He can set up rain dance if needed and can kill electric whores with HP Ground who think they're safe switching in to take the thunders. Shadow Ball for coverage and rain dance to re-set up.

Adamant Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Dry Skin
- Sucker Punch
- Cross Chop
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Hp​

I great rain dance sweeper. Fake out can be a pain to opponents which might harm me while I'm taking something else out. Cross Chop takes down anything its SE against as well as dealing nice damage to Pokes NE against. Sucker Punch can do real damage to ghosts including crippling Dusknoir or an exploding Gengar. Stone edge takes care of Moltres and other fire Pokes from sunny day teams and it also takes care of Zapdos. Dry Skin lets me heal HP in the rain and restore LO damage.​

Modest Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Swift Swim
- Hydro Pump
- Energy Ball/Grass Knot
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp

Pretty simple with rain dance up this guy is a speed demon. Fake Out can annoy like hell and Hydro Pump murders opponents. Not sure about grass knot or energy ball, both has points where they work better. Ice Beam for coverage. Swift swim lets him outspeed most opponents that may be a threat. Modest gives me a nice special attack to almost OHKO anything that doesn't resist Hydro Pump.

Adamant Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
- X-Scizor
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Hp​

Scizor is just amazing on any team. Bullet punch destroys almost anything its not NVE against. This guy can help when rain dance isgone and my set ups are dead. He can also help to take down anything my others are NVE against. Overall he is amazing and while he is not a staple of this team he is a good thing to fall back on when all else fails. Pursuit is a possible take off since it doesn't always work great in doubles.​

Edits made in red bold

Threats

Defensive

Blissey - Toxicroack Cross chop kicks its ass or superpower from Scizor

Bronzong - Raikou HP ground for heatproof versions or Shadow Ball otherwise. It can be surfed or waterfalled by anything with those moves and it can be outstalled by Ludicolo.

Celebi - Ice Beam from Kingdra, X-Scizor from Scizor, Ice Beam from Kindra. Pursuit from Scizor, Shadow ball from Raikou.

Cresselia - Shadow ball from Raikou, Pursuit from Scizor, if needed it can be outstlled .

Donphan - Well its a rain dance team.. so.. Surf/Waterfall/Dive/Ice Beam/Grass Knot. Yeah not a threat at all.

Dusknoir - Shadow Ball from Raikou, pursuit from Scizor, Sucker Punch from Toxicroack.

Forretress - There is no reason anyone would play this in doubles but.. Ludicolo can stall it, HP Ground from Raikou, anything can really deal with it.

Gliscor - Kingdra, Ludicolo

Gyarados - Ludicolo if I run HP electric or Raikou with thunder. Stone Edge rom Toxicroack

Hippowdon - Ludicolo, Kingdra

Jirachi - HP Ground from Raikou, Kingdra can surf it to death, Ludicolo can outstall.

Rotom- - Shadow Ball from Raikou or Sucker Punch from Toxicroack

Skarmory - Toxicroack, Kingdra, Raikou

Snorlax - Toxicroack with Cross Chop outstalled by Ludicolo. Scizor with superpower

Suicune - Thunder from Raikou, Grass Knot from Ludicolo, X-Scizor from Scizor.

Swampert - Grass Knot from Ludicolo or Kingdra can handle.

Tentacruel - Raikou with thunder or HP ground.

Tyranitar - Cross Chop with Toxicroack or Superpower with Scizor

Vaporeon - Raikou, Ludicolo

Zapdos - Toxicraock, Kingdra

Offensive

Azelf - Raikou, Scizor

Breloom - Kingdra or Ludicolo if I have it run Ice Beam.

Dragonite - Kingdra will outspeed. Ludicolo if I run Ice Beam

Dugtrio - Ludicolo, Kingdra

Electivire - Raikou if its not dead...

Gallade - Scizor, Raikou

Gengar - Raikou, Scizor, Toxicroack

Gyarados - Raikou, HP electric on Ludicolo, Stone edge from Toxicroack

Heatran - Kingdra, Ludicolo, Raikou

Heracross - This might be an issue but its not all that strong so I could still take it down with normal effective hits

Infernape - Raikou, Kingdra, Ludicolo

Jolteon - Raikou if its not dead =/

Kingdra- My Kingdra and if worse comes to worse I'll memento the bitch.

Lucario - Raikou, Scizor, Toxicroak

Machamp - Ludicolo can outspeed it and rape it, same with Kingdra

Magnezone - Raikou or Kingdra or Scizor

Mamoswine - Scizor, Kindra, Toxicroak

Metagross - Kingdra, Raikou, Ludicolo

Porygon-Z - Scizor, Toxicroak

Salamence - Kingdra, Ludicolo if I run Ice beam

Scizor - Kingdra and Ludicolo can do nice damage and deal with it but it might be an issue if they are both dead

Starmie - Raikou, Ludicolo

Togekiss - Toxicroak if it out speeds it, Raikou, Kingdra

Tyranitar -Scizor, Toxicroak, Kingdra

Weavile - Scizor, Toxicroak

Yanmega- Kingdra, Ludicolo with Ice Beam oe HP Electric, Raikou

Zapdos - Toxicraock, Kingdra or Ludicolo.​

@Uxie - You want U-Turn in there, otherwise aerodactyl leads just screw you over. And using U-Turn also breaks their sash. I would put this over Light Screen, or you could even use Psychic, however this means you cant do much against metagross :(

@Kingdra - The set is good, but i would put protect/substitute somewhere, so that opponents explosions wont completely ruin you.

@Raikou - I would use LO Jolteon here, speed is what you need in doubles, and jolteon has speed. Jolteon would run Thunder / Hidden Power [Ice]/[Ground] / Shadow Ball / Substitute or Protect. And in 4vs4, you dont need 2 pokemon with rain dance AND Damp Rock, its overkill. 2 Rain dancers and one with Damp Rock is enough

@Toxicroak - Looks good.

@Ludicolo - Pretty cool set, but i can honestly only see this working well in singles. Just go with the Modest Sweeper set, and with hydro pump over surf. This would be because you dont want Raikou OR Scizor taking Rain Boosted Surfs.

@Scizor - Ok, misread, keep X-Scissor, its more powerful and you wont need to switch out in doubles >_>., and you should easily be able to pick when and when not to pick scizor. I would run quick attack over pursuit, i see little reason for pursuit in doubles, and Quick Attack allows you to take on weakened foes which resist Bullet Punch.

@Uxie - You want U-Turn in there, otherwise aerodactyl leads just screw you over. And using U-Turn also breaks their sash. I would put this over Light Screen, or you could even use Psychic, however this means you cant do much against metagross :(

@Kingdra - The set is good, but i would put protect/substitute somewhere, so that opponents explosions wont completely ruin you.

@Raikou - I would use LO Jolteon here, speed is what you need in doubles, and jolteon has speed. Jolteon would run Thunder / Hidden Power [Ice]/[Ground] / Shadow Ball / Substitute or Protect. And in 4vs4, you dont need 2 pokemon with rain dance AND Damp Rock, its overkill. 2 Rain dancers and one with Damp Rock is enough

@Toxicroak - Looks good.

@Ludicolo - Pretty cool set, but i can honestly only see this working well in singles. Just go with the Modest Sweeper set, and with hydro pump over surf. This would be because you dont want Raikou OR Scizor taking Rain Boosted Surfs.

@Scizor - Ok, misread, keep X-Scissor, its more powerful and you wont need to switch out in doubles >_>., and you should easily be able to pick when and when not to pick scizor. I would run quick attack over pursuit, i see little reason for pursuit in doubles, and Quick Attack allows you to take on weakened foes which resist Bullet Punch.

Thanks but a few things:

1. No one uses Aerodactyle as a lead in 4 Vs 4 doubles.. PBR Doubles is played much like VGC because its 4 vs 4 almost all people who play with IV Bred Pokes use weather or TR abuse.

2. I'll possibly run Protect.

3. I prefer Raikou because it is bulkier but will test Jolteon

4. Ludicolo actually does work well in doubles like this, at least when I saw it, it did, I'll test it more then maybe go with your suggestion.

5. I'll try quick attack.

i'm wondering why there is so much ev investment in attack for your kingdra when it only has one physical move.
May i suggest moving some of the attack evs into hp instead improving your kingdra's staying in power?
Sure it allows you to attack around special walls but it just seems like a waste of 252 evs to me :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)