Paraflinch team, first gen 6 OU RMT

Ok so I haven't done competitive battling in a few years, I'm trying to get back into it but don't know all the threats and the like yet. The resistance vs weakness spread of this team is pretty good but I'm sure there's some threat its weak against I haven't noticed yet and I'm sure it could be made far better. Whatever help I can get would be awesome! Games changed a bunch since I played last! Thanks a bunch!

Tyranitar
ability: Sand Stream
Item: Leftovers
nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Stealth Rock
Ice Beam
Crunch
Rock Slide

Lead with stealth rocks, he plays mostly as a defensive wall and a strong lead. Im looking for a better move list for him but it works for now. Great stab attack with crunch, a strong rock attach with a chance of flinch, and ice beam for coverage against dragon types etc.

Latias
ability: levitate
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Thunder Wave
Roar
Wish
Dragon Pulse

Special wall. In addition she can spam thunder wave with the thunder wave/roar combo and paralyze most of the opposing team. Wish for recovery and Dragon Pulse for STAB coverage. Seems like dragons aren't anywhere near as good since the appearance of Fairy type but I think Latias should be effective at spamming paralysis

Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Gyaradosite
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

Strong physical sweeper. Dragon dance to set up and then just devastate with physical attacks until he's dead. New to these mega evolutions but gyarados seems to be the most viable option in this team with mega evolution. Always have loved wrecking havoc with gyarados.

Scizor
Ability: Technician
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 248 HP / 112 Att / 148 SpD
Defog
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Roost

Scizor has always been my favorite since he was introduced in gen 2. Defog is new to me but it seems like a great choice to have on a team to disrupt stall. That and using U-Turn to help get what he needs done and get out. He can either heal and leave, defog and leave, or just act as a revenge killer. Love the versatility of scizor.

Jirachi
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 164 HP / 168 Att / 176 Spe
Thunder wave
Iron head
Subsitute
Fire punch

Flinch/Parahax, I used to love this combo back in gen 4. The idea of completely disrupting the enemy and preventing them from moving is great. I've won entire games with just the jirachi combo previously, curious to see how it will turn out in the current generation.

Hydreigon
Ability: Levitate
Item: Assault Vest
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 Spd / 252 SAt / 4 Att
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
U-Turn

Special sweeper with u turn to be able to move out effectively if a fairy type swaps in on him. Otherwise Hydregion can put out massive special damage. Along with great STAP coverage with Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse, Hydregion can wreck havoc. Fire Blast also is great for taking out Scizor.

Heres a link to the type resistance and weakness list as well, looks pretty even on paper, a lot more resistances than weaknesses…. Only thing I see as a huge weakness is bug attacks, hence the fire attacks to deal with guys like scizor and pinsir.
http://www.marriland.com/tools/team-builder#864|1037|782|1032|900|1287|

Could really use some help! Have no idea about most of the new threats and I'm seeing a lot of guys that I have no clue who they are! Trying to learn this new gen but the games changed a bunch in the past few years, thanks in advance!

Edit: Upon playing with this team more, Ive found Latias isn't doing much good and tends to get taken out pretty quick…. That, and a thunder move would be great. Winning a decent amount overall though
Problem pokemon I've encountered
Rotom Wash
Conkeldurr
Want to scrap latias and throw in something like crocune, or a leech seed protect combo would be nice… maybe celebei with thunder wave, leech seed, protect? Or maybe someone without as many weaknesses as celebi, never gotten to use him but I feel like he'd fall apart really quick

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)