OU RMT, I need major advice!

Admittedly I'm not having much success with my current team, but TBH I'm not the best battler in the world. I have a non-weather OU team (because I dont want to commit to any weather-based theme) that has some holes in it that I dont know how to address. So I humbly present it to Smogon for a helping hand. And maybe a flower gift in drought. And maybe a pun that doesn't suck >_>

4HP/252ATK/252Spd
Jolly Nature
Item: Choice Scarf
Trick
U-turn
Iron Head
Thunder Wave

There are two kinda of Jirachi that I find to be dangerous: Paraflinch Abuse, and Choice Scarf... flinch abuse. On my team, I never needed more than Iron Head for... flinch abuse, and U-turn to gain momentum and switch into something else. U-turn and Iron Head both excel with a Choice Scarf, and when I don't need that scarf anymore, I simply Trick it onto a wall, setup sweeper as it sets up, baton passer, et cetera. TrickScarf can really cripple a Pokemon. On the switch I either U-turn out or cripple the switch-in with a Thunder Wave, then proceed to Iron Head or U-turn out.

4HP/252SpATK/252Spd
Modest Nature
Item: Leftovers
Rapid Spin
Thunderbolt
Surf
Recover

I need a spinner so my Volcarona can sweep, so I'm trying this guy out. I'm not sure how good it is on my team, I just added it. Testing away!

252SpATK/4SpDEF/252Spd
Modest Nature
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
HP Rock

This guy sweeps teams. Having sun up helps, but it can work against sand or even rain. Leftovers negates weather damage, poison damage, and helps recover off SR damage, which is a big deal for Volcarona. Quiver Dance is all I need to get going, having two helps but often I only need one to sweep. This is due to Fiery Dance. When I find that Quiver Dancing is too risky but I want to get stronger, I click Fiery Dance (when appropriate) and hope for that Special Attack raise, which often comes my way and wins me matches. HP Rock is for Mence, DNite, Gyarados, Heatran, and everything else who would otherwise LOL me.

4HP/252SpATK/252Spd
Timid Nature
Item: Expert Belt
Dragon Pulse
Recover
HP Fire
Surf

This guy is my go-to guy for most dragons in the tier. On a predicted fire attack against my Skarmory or Jirachi, I go into Latios and headshot them. Let me explain the expert belt. I fucking hate Life Orb. The recoil just destroys Latios and anyone else who I want to sweep or attack at low HP. Dragon Pulse provides STAB and dragon-destruction. Recover is what I do on free turns, though I'm considering Thunder/bolt instead. HP Fire is for Ferrothorn and Scizor, both of whom Latios deals with nicely. Surf rounds out the coverage and is great when the opponent has rain set up for me.

252HP/232DEF/24Spd
Impish Nature
Item: Shed Shell
Roost
Brave Bird
Stealth Rock
Whirlwind

I didn't want to use Shed Shell at first, and Skarmory misses Lefties recovery, but being able to switch out of Magnezone and into Latios or my last guy after setting up SR is worth it. SR is my hazard of choice, Whirlwild stops subs and sweepers who think they can set up on me. Roost is all the recovery I have, and BB keeps me from being taunt bait. This guy's an awesome wall, shuffler, and entry hazard-guy.

252HP/4SpATK/252SpDEF
Calm Nature
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Toxic
Recover

Oh my God, I'm sorry I ever underestimated gen V Gastrodon. This guy stops rain, Rotom-H and almost every other bulky water I find, and is my go-to switch-in for pokes like Magnezone and Heatran that threaten my Skarmory. Earth Power and Ice Beam are my moves of choice to stop who Gastrodon was meant to stop. Recover is obvious. Toxic is perfect when predicted properly. This guy is an utter beast against weather teams. It can stop T-tar, Politoed, and Ninetales with no worries. Love you Gastrodon!

Constructive criticism and advice much appreciated. Thanks guys!

edit 1: Replaced Rotom-W with LO Starmie. Replaced Spikes with SR and Drill Peck with Brave Bird on Skarmory. Fixed images

for a guy named Spenstar who also has a Starmie for an avatar, I'm surprised you don't have a Rapid Spinner on your team. SR is still fairly common and seriously cuts down Volcarona's sweep, since Pokemon that survive an attack from Volcarona would easily KO back after SR damage.

also, please do something about the pictures for the last three pokemon. they're not showing up, and you can test whether they show up in the thread by hitting the "Preview Post" button.

If Rotom hasn't been working out for you, why not switch it for a LO Starmie? Covers a lot of the same stuff as Rotom-W, with the added bonus of providing R-Spin support for your Volcarona. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Rapid Spin. GLB. And ditto on Honchkro13's comment about the pictures.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
yea using volc without a rapid spinner isnt a great idea. also for ur volc set try a chesto rest volc, as he can use so many more pokes as set up fodder, and doesnt worry about statuses. and u can pretty much deal with heatran(his major wall) wit the rest of ur team GL

Brave Bird is a better replacement for Drill Peck if you want more damage. Can easy counter fighting types and Roost back any damage taken.

Volcarona cringes at the sight of Stealth Rock. I recommend a rapid spinner.

Gastrodon could benefit more as a wall by replacing Earth Power with stockpile.

And the last 3 pokemons for those wondering is:
Latios
Skarmory
Gastrodon

yea using volc without a rapid spinner isnt a great idea. also for ur volc set try a chesto rest volc, as he can use so many more pokes as set up fodder, and doesnt worry about statuses. and u can pretty much deal with heatran(his major wall) wit the rest of ur team GL
If Rotom hasn't been working out for you, why not switch it for a LO Starmie? Covers a lot of the same stuff as Rotom-W, with the added bonus of providing R-Spin support for your Volcarona. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Rapid Spin. GLB. And ditto on Honchkro13's comment about the pictures.
I really freaking hate Life Orb, there's something about the recoil that puts a timer on a Pokemon. And I hate the idea of losing 10% of my health while the opponent loses 3%. But I see your point, and by now it's becoming one of those "oh duh, why didn't I think of that?" moments. LO Starmie it is! (I know Honchkro13 posted as well but my internet connection is so slow... sorry man)

As for Volcarona, I'm not sure about chesto-rest. I miss out on coverage through HP rock and that sweet, sweet leftovers recovery. Meanwhile, using rest gives my opponent a free turn and it only works once. I'm going to need Volcarona to be able to mow past Gyarados and DNite during its sweep, which it cant do without HP Rock.

Also trying Brave Bird Skarmory, with SR replacing Spikes to stop the aforementioned DNite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)