OU Rate My Team

Having been lurking through Smogon for a few months now, I have decided to finally post my own RMT. This team was created and tested in the last few days and has been doing quite well. Please feel free to tell me any problems and possible improvements. And so here is the team

Latias @ Life Orb - Timid Nature
6 HP , 252 SAtk , 252 SDef
- [HP] Fire
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

This guy works as a great lead killer. The most common leads (Azelf, Aerodactyl, Metagross, etc) all get get 2 hit KO'd and it also messes up trick leads. Another positive about this guy is that he can also kill pokes late game after he's done his job early game.

Swampert @ Leftovers - Relaxed Nature
252 Hp , 252 Def , 6 Atk
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam / Waterfall
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

My stealth rocker. Swampert is a bulky water who can take hits while he can also eliminate certain threats. I am currently running the standard Ice Beam, however, I am thinking Waterfall might have it's pro's.

Rotom-c @ Leftovers - Bold Nature
252 Hp, 168 Def, 88 Spe
- Substitute
- Will-o-wisp
- Charge Beam / Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

This guy is a great wall. Switch in on something it can take well or immune to, then set up sub. W-o-W cripples physical sweepers and is one of Rotom's biggest responsibilities. I'm having a tough choice choosing between Charge Beam or Thunderbolt. If I am able to set up with Charge Beam, this guy is BEAST. I am currently using Charge Beam but a guaranteed 1 hit-KO on Gyarados would always be nice.

Scizor @ Choice Band - Adamant Nature
216 Atk, 248 Hp, 44 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

This setup is the standard CB Scizor. It's standard for a reason. This guy is amazing. He almost always takes someone out. Offensively, he is one of my favorite pokes of all time. CB Scizor is a key part in this team.

Zapdos @ Leftovers - Calm Nature
252 Hp, 222 Def, 36 SDef
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- [HP] Grass / [HP] Ice
- Roar

Zapdos already has great SAtk, so I decided on not investing any EV's into it. Zapdos takes care of Scizor and Zapdos acts as a good phazer to get rid of enemies I don't want to face while stacking up Stealth Rock damage. I am currently using [HP] Grass for the sole reason of a Swampert. However, I am thinking of using [HP] Ice for scary dragons like Mence or Dragonite.

Metagross @ Choice Scarf - Jolly Nature
252 Atk, 228 Spe, 28 Hp
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Explosion

Choice Scarf Metagross is a great killer that surprises most of my enemies. Explosion is Metagross's weapon that one hit KO's many threats in OU. Meteor Mash is usually the main offensive weapon, while Earthquake takes out those who resist it such as Fire-Types. Thunderpunch gets rid of Gyarados who think they can set up on it. This Metagross's key is it's surprise factor. People who think they can take advantage of Metagross because of it's speed are taken out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL COMMENTS: This team has done well for me. A few weaknesses I see are the rare SkarmBliss and occasionally a MixApe is troublesome if Metagross can't revenge kill it. The pokemon on my team work well together. I also see the problem that I don't have a real physical sweeper so switching frequently is crucial. Please leave suggestions, comments, and criticizms.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I see Zapdos doing more walling in this team than Rotom. I don't really see the point of using a Rotom in this team, Zapdos is doing a great job at walling, and that slot can be used for the physical attacker that you want. Zapdos can take blows from both sides of the Spectrum, except from Tyranitar, which I would not worry about since you have both a Swampert and a Scizor, both good counters for Tyranitar. I can see Salamence being somewhat of a problem, but with some prediction, you can manage to get around it.

You depend too much on Metagross, so removing Rotom is probably the best idea, and put some kind of Physical Sweeper in there. If you're scared of SkarmBliss, then Lucario seems to be a solid choice here. MixApe could fits the spot too. You have problems with Swampert though, so definitely HP Grass > HP Ice on Zapdos.

I don't see why you have both Zapdos and Rotom. I'd honestly just replace Rotom for Vaporeon, as that'll heal your team and will actualy prevent you from getting 6-0'd by Gyarados. This can also greatly help against Infernape as it takes Infernape 3 hits to actually kill off Vaporeon (GK/CC included).

And if you really have issues with stall, you can forgo Explosion on Metagross and use Trick instead. Skarmory being locked isn't going to help it outstall much anything tbh.

I actually am looking for a replacement for Rotom, however, Gyarados isn't a problem because Metagross can outspeed it and one hit KO it before a Dragon Dance.

I was thinking about using a physical MixApe in that position with this setup:

Infernape @ Life Orb - Naive Nature
252 Spe , 200 Atk , 52 SAtk
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)