Project OU Player of the Week #12: Cdumas

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion

Welcome to the SM version of OU Player of the Week! This project will feature interviews from some of the most accomplished and influential users in the tier so that we can learn more about them.
If there is a user that you would like to see interviewed be sure to let me know.
-------------

Cdumas

most known for: Having good results on Smogon in SM OU during the last year especially in teamtours: 4th OLT and 4-0 10-2 6-4 in Wcop Snake SPL
favorite pokemon: Azumarill
most used pokemon: Lando and French-Tran

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself outside of Smogon?
I’m a 21 years old French student working in my first year of engineering school. Physics is not really what I prefer though, as I would like something more oriented into math and finances. My last two years were pretty busy with decisive exams at the end, but now its way more chill so I have time to devolve to games :v I also play chess at high level, I love both games and I think they are really similar especially in term of prep, I don’t regret anything about playing mons though, since it’s harder to play chess past 16 years old without youngsters tours.

Where did you get your name from?
My username is just the first letter of my first name added with my family name, when I signed up on PS I just wanted to play 2 games against an IRL friend and I put this so that he could recognize me easily; didn’t expect to stick to this game for 3 years :x Don’t regret this though, cd or cdu or cdumbass are nice nicknames I feel.

How and when did you get into competitive Pokemon?
I discovered the universe of Pokemon on DS with DPP and I was already fascinated by this game so I decided to look up online if I could fine anything strategic-wise, unfortunately I only found some smogdex with strategic sets, explanation about EVs, teambuilding, double switches, some videos of DS fights on YouTube (which was already a lot to appeal me) but no simulator. About five years later (in early 2015) a friend showed me Showdown and this was exactly the app I had been dreaming of: a way to put 6 mons together and predict everyone on the ladder. I started playing a lot on the ladder and PS French Room helped me improving thanks to numerous roomtours and official teamtours. I was really enjoying myself, joining all French tours and winning a lot as well as a few tours on Smogon although I never thought I could integrate this elitist community especially SPL. But in June 2017 Ojama trusted me to slot me in Wcop, I got a bit of success, and there it started…

What’s your favorite generation of OU and why?
I would say SM because that’s where I started having results on Smogon (I played ORAS at decent level in French community but now I’m way more turned to SM), although after all the tours I’ve been playing lately, especially SPL which was exhausting, I think I’m kind of bored of the tier. The fact that you always have the same scenarios where you just have to predict right, building being really repetitive (especially with everyone having access to good teams now), match up extremely important, all this makes me question a lot skill gap in this tier, with any player able to steal a strong team and getting a good match-up or get the 2-3 crucial turns in his favor. What I’m trying to say is that I don’t think ingame decisions impact much on the outcome of an SM OU game. Unfortunately, I can’t really talk about in game because I have only played DPP and HGSS, but both are amazing games that I cheer :D

What’s your favorite playstyle to use and why?
LANDOFERROPEX best playstyle, impossible to break, really safe since spikes is a busted move. Seriously I use mainly BO and sometimes balanced, in SPL I’ve been spamming scarflando magmatran teams because I think they are the best right now. Since I don’t play really agro I like having these pressuring but bulky mons that I can double more easily into without risking the game. I’m not against using HO as it’s still a reliable playstyle imo, but I’m most likely not loading stall in tournaments because it’s just a dumb and unhealthy playstyle.

What are your thoughts on the current metagame?
As many players already said: rocks papers scissors. I know I’m far for being the greatest builder but it’s so annoying how you must bank on your opponent not bringing X or Y when you build. Some examples: when I start a build I’m always wondering whether I’m gonna accept being weak to T-Spikes or not. Toxapex is not a great mon atm, but if I don’t use him I might just be too overwhelmed by opposite Toxapex because I won’t be able to remove. Medicham has no switch-ins, except some psychic types that die to Band-Tar. Mamoswine has no switch in, but gets rk’d by Kartana and Medicham which are super hard to check too. Offense is just a pyramid of breakers that try to outspeed each other, while we pray for our opponent not to have the one specific check.
Also, I believe Stall is unhealthy and should be nerfed, if I had to compare to chess I would say loading stall amounts to literally playing one piece up. It forces the non-stall player to succeed sometimes sequences of 15 turns, whereas the stall player only needs one turn of break to be back in the game. You may say “prep for stall blablabla”, but still beating stall relies also a lot on lures, which means that if you lack a complete stallcounter and the team you load is well known you have low odds of winning. I don’t think loading stall (which on the opposite can be the team spammed by everyone) should give such an advantage. You obviously add the fact that people don’t really want to prep for stall given all the massive offensive threats in the tier, and mons that beat stall aren’t that good overall (for instance mawile which needs ice punch for lando-t, but it’s hard to fit that in a stallbreaking set). All in all this joins what I said earlier about match-up issues, low skill gap, and low importance of ingame decisions in the tier.

Are there any Pokemon that you believe are overrated/underrated in the current metagame. Why?
I believe psychic CM mons are extremely good and underrated, but again it’s as I said above: if you don’t face a Ttar you should have a great match-up, but if you do it’s a bit bleaker. Reuniclus imo is extremely good, at least as good as Clefable as a wincon: it’s hard to kill for all these Lando-Gear volturn offenses. CM Stored Power Tias is also busted if you don’t run a Dark, and as shown by several spl games, your Dark type can be quickly overwhelmed by Toxic Spikes. This Latias set fucks many teams I’ve been using, especially the Lando-Tran-Tang ones because you don’t have much to catch it without Ttar. Overrated I don’t know, maybe AV Bulu? Shoutouts HANTSUKI for showing me the power of Mojambo. Oh, also I think Specs Keldeo is really too underrated, but as usual it’s a coinflip whether you face pex or not.

What have been some of your favourite moments from SPL9 so far?
Well SPL is over now but first I must say that this was the most emotional tour I’ve ever played, and I didn’t expect to find myself in tears after we lost the tiebreaker. I didn’t post in spl thread so I will do it here. Like Snake we had an amazing group, although you guys probably didn’t find me as active as you could have expected because I struggle more integrating in English-speaking teamtours and French teamtours are usually more fun to me (easier to joke in my mother tongue). Favorite moments obviously my wins, spl games are incredibly intense as I often found myself tightening my fist irl every time I got a kill and shouting on discord after each win. All my Sunday games will remain amazing memories, especially the clutch wins week4 week5 and week7. Concerning my teammates, I’m incredibly proud and grateful to Kory2600. People were laughing at us when we were drafted without ABR, but kory kept suggesting teams and helping me when I was lost in the teambuilder. You are by far the best teammate I ever had, the effort you made this tour is amazing, ily and I’m looking forward to teaming with you again in wcop. Thanks to my managers for gambling so much on me, I’m disappointed by my record and the way I couldn’t help the team in many games, but I hope my few crucial wins at least brought you some joy. Rewer you are amazing, helping everyone knowing that you couldn’t get a trophy, your generosity is incredible and seeing people with such a dedication make me want to stay on Smogon. I wish you the best in life buddy. undisputed, fantastic leader, I must confess that’s it always an honor for me, SM player, to see veterans sharing interest to new gens. Thanks a lot for your input in every tier, you were an amazing support and all your global suggestions helped me so much. Finally, Bushtush you are the funniest character I met on Smogon, thanks for all these moments of laugh. Ah and anti-shootout to all these idiots from other teams who make the community so unhealthy that I prefer twice more playing in French teamtours with my friends than on Smogon.

You have had strong individual records in almost all tournaments since the last WCoP. What do you think are the biggest factors that have enabled you to have that success?
Pastas 1h before every game, mental preparation 30min before with a playlist of replays and electronical music, during the game bottle of water energy bars and towel close to me, complete focus with discord closed smogtours chat closed and only calc and music on another tab. I usually turn off music during team preview so I can elaborate a global plan, then I turn it back on when I’m in the back and need to be more dynamic ingame. Seriously I don’t really know, I just try to bring teams that I like (I enjoy prepping i.e. finding what my opponent won’t expect and can be weak to, I just dislike building al lot), start the game with the most self-confidence I can, and then play optimally, after all this if Lady Luck smiles me I often get a Win I guess…

What’s one piece of advice you’d give to someone trying to break into the tournament setting?
Believe in yourself, but mainly take your time. You can’t expect to be seen as the goat after your first game, but if you keep playing games, one day you will enjoy some luck and be able to break into the tournament scene. Don’t forget to have fun before everything, it’s still a game after all. Meet some friends in tours or in PS chatrooms, chill on discord, this is the funniest for me outside of tournaments. To improve, I played a lot on ladder, studied smogdex, watched several youtubers (Tom Bus, BKC, Aim, Blunder…) and hanged out a lot on Smogtours to watch tour games. Don’t try to meme on Stours or anything if you are new. Just watch the games quietly and try to understand what happens. Don’t be impatient too. I followed 2 straight SPLs without joining and saying a word, to go for 27k the first year I join. If you want it, your time will come.

Who are some of your favourite people in the Smogon community?
Well I met most of my friends in French PS Room so I will come back to that later; the first non-French player I met is Tom Bus, I was a big fan of his vids and I randomly s/o him once in OST for using his team when we had never interacted before, and since then we started talking on PS almost every day, thanks so much for all your help: in teams, preparation, suspect tests (:v), and especially for our great friendship. Obviously, all my teammates in Bushmasters and Ruiners, especially ABR for teaching me everything, Tony, Nat, Chill Shadow, Omfuga, Ban Manaphy, Sken … “Outside” of Smogon, I have to give the biggest shootout to my French pals: 0Nl, Corazan, Hyssou, Kickasser, Kory2600, Raspberry, RedMaxx, Simia, Welliou, Zycross. I didn’t believe in online friendship until I met all of you, but considering all the moments of laugh I had in our discord and the excitement it brings me when you watch me play and cheer for me after a win, I believe this is clearly the case. Finally, all my friends in French Staff and Team France, 2018 is our year lgi :messi: If I had to say one player I really look up to it would be Ojama. This is no dick-riding, but the fact that you decided to play SM OU at high level and build your own teams whereas most veterans stick to their tier of comfort really impressed me.

Finally, can you provide us a team that you think reflects your current playstyle, with a brief explanation of how it works?

Many French players have it and spam it in STs now, so I will just share the Reuniclus team we made with Kory for Wk6 of SPL against Eo. Imo it’s one of the best SM teams although it has some blatant weaknesses such as Dark/Ghost opposite threats. The team enjoys a double Magic Guard Core with SR Clef guarantying hazards up, and Magic Guard means you can afford to trade hazards and then just switch between the two mons. M-Latias is a really nice pick, able to sponge hits from Heatran lacking Toxic and beating many offensive teams on its own. Heatran helps breaking and Protect means it can recover easily vs stuff like Clefable. Lando is obvious speed-control choice, with Hp Fire fixing the Kartana issue since Clef deals with Zygarde. You can run more speed on Reuni, I just thought the team didn’t need it since Pex does literally nothing against it. Many games come down to PP stall, but all in all I don’t think there are many unwinnable matchups (except stored power lati I guess), magic guard + hazards is pretty linear and easy to use.

Last edited:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Shoutout to this in depth post on cdumbass’ background which gives a bit more insight to the player rather than just a spl fuckaround.

However credit where due that lati team is LITERALLY ma nigga big [IDM]Marth>Smogon’s gen 6 team w tran > zapdos no innovation is found y’all that team been spammed since 2014 shoutout big GOD MARTH

What's the meaning of death

Huge Power or Sap Sipper on Azumarill?

What is a French Tran, and what makes it different from all the other Transgender people of different nationalities

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop ( Asking for scientific purposes)

Cdumas

cd le 100 ⚠
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
dogs or cats?
top 3 toppings to put on pizza?
Cats, never had a dog
Chorizo is top one, then standard ham and mushrooms. Lardons + goat cheese + honey is excellent too

You said the meta is like RPS, but what changes would you personally make to the meta to make it better, if you had the power?
Might be a bit illusional, but I think I would get rid of Toxic Spikes. While building there are many many threats to take into account, and I believe Tspikes is quite an unhealthy one. You are either forced to run poison type mons, which are not only pretty bad I think (Amoonguss is weak, Venu is allright but can only be used in a few archetypes, Toxapex is really underwhelming rn and his niche is basically only Tspikes+removal, Gengar is cool but not really used etc), but also tend to make the build way more passive than it could be ; or you decide to bring something more offensive and just bank on your opponent not having the tspikes. This is obviously a really risky choice when some of you win conditions (e.g. DD zygarde) are completely undermined by Tspikes.
For Stall I would maybe get rid of Unaware, again I know it's maybe too much and you can't just Complex Ban like that, but eh meta of my dream would be no Unaware no Tspikes.

do you guys have skittles in france
Yeah obviously :D

how exactly did you develop your interest in engineering?
as a frenchman, how has brexit affected your life?
do you think omfuga will ever get unbanned?

what 'mon in the tier is currently the most worthy of a suspect test?
what would you consider the 3 most important tips to getting better at 'mons?
I have always been fond of mathematics because I like solving problems, the fact that there is only one solution, and also that maths can be compared to a game where the rules are pretty easy to learn but you need a good brain and lot of practice to do well. I also think the mark you get is always deserved, compared to others subjects more "hax-prone"... After national exam at 18 I did "prep school" which consists in two years of hard work ended by exams determining the school you can get. I did this because it was a natural choice for me as I really enjoyed mathematics, but I found myself really struggling with physics, a dominant subject in prep school. Now in engineering school we have lots of electronical stuff I mainly dislike, but I hope I can find something more oriented towards maths later.
We studied Brexit in English class but I honestly don't follow politics much ; didn't impact my life much to be fair although it's a decision I can't really agree with.
Omfuga is my pal and a top 3 nicest users on Smogon, I hope he gets unbanned before Wcop i have a revenge to take after never winning a test game against him.
Hm I don't think anything is worth a suspect right now, maybe Magearna but sweeper set sees way less usage, I think the meta is quite balanced now (which means nothing is really above average), compared to Wcop meta for instance when I was always thinking "I need to use Shift Gear Mag or Dugtrio + Zard-Y, these mons are clearly stronger than the others and can 6-0 lots of teams" ; I do think there are broken mons but there are so many with only 2-3 checks in the tier (the formers having a lot of usage because of that) that it's hard to ban only one, i think you have to deal with the multitude of threats as you can...
1. Watch tour games on Smogtours
2. Analyse your replays and question why you lost or won
3. Join teamtours, SPL is not the only one available. Also be focused at 100% on your games and play all of them to win

sick to see another person interested in chess

favorite opening for white and black? I like grand prix attack for white & caro kann for black

top 3 most hated pokemon in the meta?
Hey cool to see some chess players here, I'm around 2200 Fide rn so if you wanna talk about chess more or play some games hmu.
I play many weird lines with white, I always open with e4 then i play Alapin against Sicilian (never got the courage to learn Open but Alapin is pretty bad :( ), and Vienna against 1... e5 (I know many techs on Vienna so although its suboptimal I have a lot of success with it.
With black I play Sicilian vs e4 (Classic variation with Nc6 Nf6 d6 and e5) and Nimzo-Indian vs d4 (opening that I hate, I really need to learn something new :v)
1. Chansey 2. Amoonguss (SO bad) 3. Mew (SO bad v2)

What's the meaning of death

Huge Power or Sap Sipper on Azumarill?

What is a French Tran, and what makes it different from all the other Transgender people of different nationalities

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop ( Asking for scientific purposes)
Death is the end of your life. I like to believe in reincarnation though, as it makes me more peaceful while thinking about death.
Huge Power obviously, Z-Belly in SM and Band/AV in ORAS. Wish it was more used :(
French Tran is Magma Taunt Epower Protect/SR, with a calculated EV spread between hp spd and spe I cannot share (actually it's in the reuni paste so take it). It's the best mon in the game rn. If you wanna rk a Bulu with it pray to be faster though.
I would estimate it to 150 licks.

What are the best games you have played and why?

What are the best games you have seen and why? (any tier)

What are your ambitions in the tournament scene?

What other gens are you interested in learning and why?

Mega Latias is absurd. Help me beat it!

Rate the viability of the following: Specs Magearna, Band Bulu, Modest AshGren (on rain)

The S in your name isn't supposed to be pronounced, right?

I dig your style, man. Keep it up. Also props on taking CTC in stride he's really a good dude I promise.

Cdumas

cd le 100 ⚠
What are the best games you have played and why?
My favorite game is for sure the one I played vs Poek in Wcop, I was completely unknown at that time and I would have never expected to win this, especially in such a thriller after the Greninja into Psychic play, it's also amazing to win for my french friends who I'm pretty sure were not even sure of my level when they let me play for Wcop. I love re-reading these discord logs sometimes with Roro and Peas going crazy in the chat :D This is also clearly the game that gave me enough self-confidence to play more tours on smogon. I don't think I have any memorable OLT game, tbf the excitement mainly came from winning everything after losing r1, since ingame i was mostly reusing broken teams so less fun. For Snake though I’m really proud of all my games 4-10, after a weird start with one haxxy game and one AW I fsr decided i could outplay ingame and started doing this. I think these games are my peak, and it was possible because my oppos didn't really know me whereas in SPL I was probably shyer out of fear of people having studied my ingame tendencies. So yeah to sum it up my game vs Soulwind is my fav, p2 zomog and leftiez #2 too I think I played really well. In SPL I would say vs Sabella, Eo and p2, these games are not even well played by my side but it's just the excitement of playing on Sunday evening, putting yourself in a bubble for 20min then unleash all the tension at the end with a win: amazing feelings.

What are the best games you have seen and why? (any tier)
Not gonna do best games only because it’s hard to assess but just the ones that marked me the most. The most memorable tournament I followed is OLT II because that’s what made me discover Smogon. I remember for instance staying up until 4am to watch the postponed Tesung vs Omfuga game without even knowing who they were, just because everyone looked hype for that series. My favorite game of the tour was ABR vs Alexander finals g1, really got me on my sit with all these 50-50s at the end. Other game I have is Tesung vs McM ST Finals (especially BW), once again I was coming back from a party and I randomly logged on Stours to discover the finals was starting, fantastic show. Most dramatic: Ciele vs Reymedy ST R1. All team France was so hyped cheering for our fellow teammate, but Fire Blast crit crushed our dreams at the end :( Best game: ABR vs Geemick SPL Tiebreaks (by far). One fantastic hour of a fight, the last ten minutes were unbelievable, and I remember being chocked at the outcome for so long at the end, but at the same time realizing we had witnessed one of the most intense games ever. All these games last from when my passion for mons was starting, I don’t think I have any memorable recent game in mind, maybe I feel less of magic while watching games than when I was starting…

What are your ambitions in the tournament scene?
I want to become a better player overall, I realize that I still make several misplays ingame, nice to see I still have room for improvement but I really wanna erase all this. Regarding teamtours I aim to become more influential and active for building, I play several French teamtours during the year in which I’m considered top player so I have confidence to help everywhere, but on Smogon it’s far from by being the case as I often tend to rely on my teammates more than the opposite: I would like to become a real top teamtour player as yourself, Ojama, ABR etc. Tour I’m most looking forward to is obviously Wcop, best conditions for a teamtour and the one where we have the most motivation. We’re coming for East this year. Regarding individuals I just want to play a full year and see where it leads me, no concrete goal for the moment. ST is a tour I might want to go far once but every season I can’t play in great conditions and have to miss lots of weeks, maybe next one… I would also like to compete for NU playoffs at the end of the year, OU is nice but quite boring alone so I decided to learn a new tier and play a full circuit at the beginning of 2018.

What other gens are you interested in learning and why?
I’m exceptionally bad at any gen that isn’t SM or ORAS, I might need to learn BW but it would just be for ST and maybe helping more in teamtours, not for my own enjoyment. I really dislike watching nor playing BW, I think DPP ADV or RBY I would be the most attracted by, DPP is the most fun for me to watch and I gained a lot of interest towards RBY through this SPL. But tbf I’m way more appealed by low tiers in current gen than oldgens and I’m not even joining Classic this year.

Mega Latias is absurd. Help me beat it!
Yup we suffer from the same problem then. MLatias is really annoying especially when you use Ferro as your only steel, meaning it can beat all offensive psychic mons but can’t hurt Latias :( Try running a Ttar, Taunt Tran or a Dark + TSpikes removal I guess… Also once you’re sure it’s Stored Power you can always hard breaker like Band Zygarde to counter it.

Rate the viability of the following: Specs Magearna, Band Bulu, Modest AshGren (on rain)
Specs Magearna is a mon I wanted to use once but I resigned because unless the opposing team just collapses to Specs Flash Cannon, you’d rather just AV VoltSwitch on the switch (maybe you can run fast Focus Blast and 2ko Scizor without HpFire, but bulk really looks worthier).
Band Bulu looks like a meme now, I’d only run SD Z Move (AV<Tangrowth) because you need coverage and Z Power for steels not dying to Superpower)
Modest Gren why not, but the increase of power doesn’t look really significant…

The S in your name isn't supposed to be pronounced, right?
Yeah in French you don’t pronounce it but I don’t mind English speakers doing it, my username was never made to be pronounced and even less in English so always find it cute to hear “see-dou-mass” :D

I dig your style, man. Keep it up. Also props on taking CTC in stride he's really a good dude I promise.
Thanks for the kind words, means a lot to me coming from you. CTC kinda makes me upset, but I assume he’s semi trolling and at least he’s clean (I guess) so doesn’t belong to the category of players I hate the most. CTC if you read this though, I hope you know players from my generation only know you from Heatah Fajita and losing with Conkeldurr, so don’t expect to have too much credibility while posting on forums and trashing me oo

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
What new up and coming french players are you specifically excited for this upcoming WCOP?

Is there anyone you cant stand on this website and wish never logged on again?

Who has really impressed you recently that you didnt think would?

Who do you think has been unimpressive to you recently?

Ive always enjoyed our games vs each other so far what are your opinions on the matches weve had together?

Whats the most underrated pokemon in sm and oras to you right now?

Cdumas

cd le 100 ⚠
What new up and coming french players are you specifically excited for this upcoming WCOP?
Well we are not set on the LU at all yet and I don’t wanna give wrong expectations but two players I would like to see in Wcop this year are Corazan and Sacri. Cora is one of my best friends and a really promising player: great results in French circuit and close from ST playoffs in various editions. Sacri just has a ton of experience and is a hard worker so I would be happy if he could be rewarded by a Wcop spot. Also if Korby joins team France we clearly are unbeatable.

Is there anyone you cant stand on this website and wish never logged on again?
:messi: Yeah I think it’s pretty clear to everyone now that I can’t stand cheaters that spend 6 weeks of SPL looking at themselves and hyping them up, bullying others, spamming all the time on Stours all this to end last and still find a way to criticize real friendly teams. Most of the Cryo/Pitvipers jerk I can’t really stand, but CBB even succeeds in being above all this. How you can end last in literally every teamtour but still leaving your teammates and making it up as if you belonged to another team is a mystery to me.

Who has really impressed you recently that you didnt think would?
Eoat so good… Back one year ago when I didn’t know most of the playerbase I thought he was only an oldgen player who mained stall in SM to grab free wins, but now I must say that I’m truly impressed by him, I think his teams are unique but varied and clearly define his conception of the metagame which must be really different from standard players like me, big fan.
Obviously Kory too, who impressed me so much for his building ability during SPL, always willing to help me and make teams fitting my playstyle.
Outside of OU goat Bushtush for Volt-switching on a Krookodile, and Lax for an extremely solid SPL despite the strong opposition.

Who do you think has been unimpressive to you recently?
Huh I don’t really wanna bash someone on his playing abilities ;_; The SPL OU pool was homogenous so everyone gave his best and any bad record can happen I guess, but most games were close and well played…

Ive always enjoyed our games vs each other so far what are your opinions on the matches weve had together?
So I re-watched replays and I think both games were close and enjoyable but at the same time really poorly played on my side, with consistent play punctuated by blatant mistakes. For OLT g1 I was completely under control, until I decided to sack my Magearna for fear of DD Zard when you already revealed Hp Ice, then I missed an HJK and finally I made a weird double against Latias scouting for the obvious Scarf when I could have won right here. G2 same scenario until I went hard Lopunny on SD Kart forgetting you love the Sub set, when I could have just gone Lando safely. The SPL game was extremely intense because of the stakes, and to be fair I didn’t even realize I played awfully until I went back to my Discord chat. I played the whole game thinking I would lose to Z Greninja, only realizing at the very end that it could be Scarf. I had 15 opportunities to set up Rocks with Clef but I didn’t because I thought you would go hard Koko to Defog them (not only is it a bad set, but unlikely because you already revealed Taunt), and I wanted to chip it first (at least forcing Defog would have been helpful). And the last stroke was when I completely forgot I had a max Def Zapdos that we specifically prepared because of your Hawlucha spam. I sacked Clef and realized just after “oh wtf I have a Zapdos”. To sum up very enjoyable games especially SPL which was the most intense I had played so far, but I could have played these way better.

Whats the most underrated pokemon in sm and oras to you right now?
Already answered this a bit before, I think MLatias and Reuniclus are the most underrated, able to 6-0 teams lacking Dark mons while having a low usage. I haven’t played ORAS in years so not sure about this, I would like to say Diancie and Azumarill because these are cool mons but not sure how good they are now.

Are there French fries in France?
Yeah obviously, we only call them “fries” though, I don’t know where the “French” comes from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)