National Dex [OU] Music sounds better with him (Peaked 1716 #262, first RMT)

Music sounds better with him

skeledirge.pngdondozo.gifclodsire.gifblissey gif.gifcorviknight.gifcresselia.gif
Hi yall! In this RMT I'll show you a team that I've created and have been playing with for some time now and that I can say I am proud with the end result.

Proof of peak
Screenshot_20231130-234915_Chrome.jpg

INTRODUCTION
So the main objective this team is trying achieve is to wall the opponent's pokemon and spreading hazards with blissey and clodsire and status the opponent with mainly dirge but clod too here and there. All that while Blissey supports the team with passive wish healing, helping the team if a pokemon lost the opportunity to regain health while it was on field.

Building Process

dozo.pngdirge.png
So, the initial idea I had for this team was a stall team with Skeledirge to mainly spread burns instead of the usual sableye-mega and be a secondary dedicated physical wall. I liked how it takes adavantage of tera well and does decent damage/status to switches with torch song and hex/will-o-wisp making battles go overall quicker/easier for me.
Dondozo is a pretty standart physical wall that is pretty much a must on all stall teams since it's introduction in gen 9, it also has decent synergy with dirge.

dirge.pngdozo.pngclod.png
Clodsire seems like the next logical addition to form a good unaware core and also to be the toxic spreader, main hazard setter and electric immunity.

dirge.pngdozo.pngclod.png
blissey.png
Blissey was choosen as the backup special wall and wish passer, one thing that really bought Bliss over other walls was, besides the wish passing, soft checking Zard-y and setting rocks at the same time (you could replace it with Clef to have knock off tho Mega Zard will have an easier time).

dirge.pngdozo.pngclod.pngblissey.png
corv.png
Corviknight was choosen as the deffoger because it doesnt need to run hdb and can help with pp stalling here and there but the better matchup vs ursaluna really makes this a better fit over mainly gliscor.

dirge.pngdozo.pngclod.pngblissey.pngcorv.png
cress.png
Cresselia is the final piece that helps alot in garganacl matchups and makes this team not be completely obliterated by Tapu Lele (Pray that it isn't a CM set).

Team Details

skeledirge.png
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy/Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song/earth power
- Hex/earth power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

This is, imo, the main member of the team. It's burn spreading can help basically every member of the team with staying in against physical attackers (except Clodsire, which still doesn't like switching into physical attackers). It does well into most physical attackers that do well into Dozo with a few exceptions like Ogerpon-Wellspring. in general it does the hard work and leaves Dozo to wall when really necessary. Heatran does very well into this guy but you could run earth power to caught it off guard and do a good chunk into it and make it afraid to switch into dirge (tera grass brings the matchup back into Heatran's favor though).
The tera fairy is almost entirely for Hoopa-Unbound (CB is it's best matchup) and Samurott-H but being immune to dragon while trading an immunity to fighting for an Resistance is pretty good since it's pretty much indiffrent against psysical threats, however dragon is a viable option to be safer against Ogerpon-Wellspring and Urshifu.

dondozo.gif
Dondozo @ Rocky Helmet
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost/Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press/Curse
- Liquidation/Waterfall/Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Skeledirge may not be able to take all physical attackers, but this beast pretty much can lol. Rocky helmet punishes every contact move that goes into this guy, specially Surging Strikes from Scarf/Band Urshifu and Triple Axel/Ice Spinner/Punch from stuff like Weavile, Mawile-Mega, Medicham-Mega and Loppuny-mega and U-turns in general. The ghost tera is for Ursaluna but dragon is a good option for dealing with Kartana and Ogerpon-Wellspring better, speaking of the former crunch is a good option to actually hit it pre tera while waterfall is good if you want to hit harder with the stab but have more PP.

Edit: Added body press, I forgot to do it at the first time I was writing this, it's there because curse is unreliable with a ghost tera

clodsire.gif
Clodsire @ Leftovers/Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Dragon/Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Spikes
- Toxic

Clodsire is a pretty good unaware wall that forces the likes of Volcarona, volt switch Zapdos/Koko, Tornadus-therian and Moltres to switch out into something that can get poisoned or just give clod a free turn to set spikes. It's an impotant piece vs rain to wall Zapdos/Koko. Weather ball? Tera dragon and you suddenly become both a hard wall to zard-y while resisting weather ball from Zapdos too, it also makes you take neutral from Heatran's earth power and resist magma storm, the conventional Dark is also great for mostly a psychock immunity. I prefer lefties on clod because garganacl made me fall in love with 56% recovers, but the more standard HDB also work, helps checking against Heatran.

blissey gif.gif
Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Dark/Fairy/Ghost/Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled/Heal Bell/Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

My game-saver. It's able to be a soft-check to physical attackers the moment they get burned by Skeledirge and wish pass facing would be threats and get team members back to the game with full hp. The Dark tera type is there just in case things start to go south with psychock users that dont have fairy/fighting coverage but you could you go with the more coventional tera types and dragon to better check Zard-y. Soft-Boiled gives it immediate recovery that goes along decently well with Wish's late recovery but you use protect to scout moves ot Heal Bell to make you less reliant on predictions to absorb status.

corviknight.gif

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Corviknight is a great defogger for this team. It can take special attack resists very well and can hit things like Tyrantar-Mega, Weavile and Bisharp with a decently strong Body Press. The rocky punishes U-turn users like Lando-T, Urshifu, Rillaboom, Mega-Loppunny and Mega-Scizor. Pressure really helps this team against things like leech seed users, making their pp run out faster. Tera dragon is the perfect fit for Corv since its resistance to grass while providing it with 3 new resistances to electric, fire and water while keeping its neutrality to fighting and stealth rock but ice types get an easier time against this guy.

cresselia.gif
Cresselia @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fairy/poison
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Hidden Power [Fighting]/Moonblast/Shadow Ball
- Moonlight

I think Cress is a really underrated pokemon in Natdex, it can check both (most of the time) Tapu Lele and Garganacl very well and have an ground immunity which is pretty unique, the defense investement lets it take psychock better and take some physical attacks here and there if need be.HP fighting hits Heatran and pursuit users like Tyranitar and Bisharp for good damage, Shadow Ball is good to both hit Lele super effectively and hit heatran neutrally and Moonblast does damge to Weavile/Tyranitar while doing some good damage to dragon types like Garchomp too. Tera poison is mostly for staying in front of toxics and fairy just makes you take knock off if you dont need covert cloak.

Flaws and threatlist

300px-Knock_Off_IX.png
The lack of knock off is probably the biggest problem with this team and I've used Mew instead of Cress to fix that but it wasnt just a worse check to Lele but made this team weak to Garganacl as well, i could try using Clef instead of Blissey but i think its bulk is too underwhelming to actually wall and heal its teamates that much.

waterpon.png
Ogerpon-Wellspring can hit both Skeledirge and Dondozo for crucial damage and be destroy the rest of team easily, either you pray this thing doesn't use Ivy Cudgel when you try to get skeledirge in or you get it in field with a sacrifice. Once it's in, use will-o-wisp + tera on dirge and pray your opponent doesn't switch. I guess you could also farm damage with Dozo's rocky helmet and not attack it.

heatran.png
This stupid frog is next, pretty much as long as it has both taunt and tera available it can defeat this team almost single handedly, I guess you could run poison jab on Clodsire but you can't reveal it until it uses tera grass to predict earthquake from Clod, if this thing is running toxic then you're fine just use Blissey or clod to switch in and do stuff, scarf is the set you want to face the most but be careful with hazards on your side.

lele.png
Cress can check Lele fine...unless it is running an cm/cm+idef set, if it is then you're pretty much completely hopeless unless you get a crit with cress after you've boosted as much as you could. Other sets can be soft checked by Cress fine but you still gotta be careful with particularly specs.

hoopa-unbound.png
ursaluna.png
These two. This fucking aladdin wannabe and especially this stupid bear mf.
You can "take on" Hoopa-U with tera fairy Cress/Skeledirge but mixed sets still do extraordinarily well.
Ursaluna actually feels unkillable vs Stall. The fastest way to kill this stupid bear is switching Corv in "safely" and use body press and spam as much hazards as possible when this thing is not in field, closest thing you get to walling this is tera ghost Dozo, but I woudn't do that if the opponent has Hoppa on their team too.

Any criticism is welcome! I loved making this team and writing this RMT at that. I hope you liked the team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)