OU competitive 6v6 (coming back to pokemon after leaving in Gen IV)

Hyia boys and girls, I used to play on this site (account name was PikaPika) but quit around Gen IV, Deoxys S and Wobbufett had just become legal, and I mostly leaned on Garchomp to tear everything up. Good ol' days.

In any case, I really enjoyed competitive play back then, and with X and Y, am eager to get back into it. However it has been long, and I have no experience at all with any of the mons I am about to list (well, xcept one), so would love some feedback. The team was constructed based on other teams I have seen, and things I have read here and there. But would love constructive feedback.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

This little guy looks awesome, and that's just the sprite! Seems like solid typing, easy to switch into stuff, and out of stuff. Plus seems like a good opener, and has typing that works well with other pokemon on the team (scizor etc). Also probably opens well enough v klefki, tyranitar, talonflame, which I have seen a fair bit. Not sure about the EVs, dunno why they are spread the way they are, rather than more defense, but yeah.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

This guy again seems to have good typing, and is the other potential opener, feedback on that would be great. From what I read he was a destructive force in Gen V, and despite steel becoming a bit worse, is still a great mon to have on your team. STAB U-turn is pretty great from what I hear..

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance/Autonomize
- King's Shield

From what I have read, this is a pretty standard version for the Gen 6 newcomer that whilst predictable, seems to be pretty great at what it's meant to do. Slow, predictable, but as long as you know what you are doing, dangerous, and by some people tipped to head to uber (don't know about that). Also seems pretty straight forward.

CharX@Charizardite X
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP

Dragon Dance
Flare Blitz
Dragon Claw
Earth Quake

I am a sucker for dragons, and as I said, Garchomp was my favourite sweeper back in Pearl/Dia. On top of that, there are lots of great dragons, but from what I have read, this bad boy is a strictly better version of dragonite in many respects, looks decent, has good coverage, and doesn't die to a lot of the stuff that usually downs dragons, or Charizard. Can quickly get out of control and sweep.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic<br />
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Standard stuff, this guy was around back when I played. Though I enjoyed using Gengar more than this guy back in the day, Rapid Spin is probably valuable enough to warrant this bolt beam bad boy over Gengar (though I debated Mega Gengar). Anyway kills a lot of stuff, yada yada. Would have to actually play a lot to see what relevant stuff it kills, but I feel it is probably as good as it's ever been.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Another guy that's good to switch to, easy to set up, and can make a deadly sweeper. I did not know about this guy until I watced a few games, and it went out of control. Seems like fun, though mixed feelings about having a couple of psychic sp attackers on the team.

Sooooo other mons I considered were Togekiss, Klefki (as an opener), that spider with sticky web, and things like Tyranitar and Garchomp. But unless they were to fill a certain role strictly better than something that is up there, I'd stick with what I have atm.

One major concern at this stage without having played with the team, or knowing how well they work together in practice, is the lack of special defense. If this is indeed the case, I'd like suggestions re: how to overcome that shortcoming. Thank you in advance for any and all constructive feedback.

At this point I have put pokebank because the starmie with analytical can't be gotten pre pokebank, but then I feel like possibly using a different pokemon in its place anyway, such as Togekiss, or Gengar/Alakazam. I also may need a special wall of sorts to deal with the aforementioned things, so if there is something that can double as a special wall (are there bulky togekiss builds along those lines? I just remember it flinching people a lot back in the day). Other suggestions would be welcome (Cresselia post pokebank?)

Anyway would love feedback, thank you!

Rotom wash should have max defense Evs because 28 spa Evs does not guarantee a ohko on gliscor w/ the hydro pump nerf. 252 hp / 252 def / 4 spa.

Rotom-W: It's sounds like a good choice, but you could also make it a mixed wall, spreading the EVs equally between the defenses while maintaining the 252 EV HP.
Scizor: Personally, I'd give it Superpower instead of Brick Break, but I understand the drawbacks might make you inclined to prefer Brick Break (75 vs 120 BP)
Aegislash: Do not invest in its speed. One mistake, and your Aegislash gets defeated hard. Go for Swords Dance. It's up to you to go for either Leftovers or Weakness Policy.
Dragonzard: I'd rather go for Dragon Tail instead of Dragon Claw because Dragon Tail is basically a reverse U-turn. Don't forget that Tough Claws does NOT apply on Earthquake. That 1.33% boost only goes to moves that make contact. Any move whose BP is over 75 is either (almost) equal to or stronger than Earthquake, but it's up to you.
Starmie: Great choice.
Reuniclus: I don't have much experience with this Pokemon, so I won't comment on it.

You've got 3 Physical Sweepers, 1 Special Sweeper + Rapid Spinner and 2 Walls. Personally, I'd replace Reuniclus with Togekiss and making Togekiss either a Special Sweeper (SpA and Speed) or a Bulky Sweeper (HP and SpA).

Good luck, mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)