OU bw team

I'm new to team building and building movesets. This is my first try. I tried to include a variety of types. The pokemon are Metagross, Chandelure, Blissey, Forretress, Kingdra, Eelektross. I think I should replace Forretress with Ferrothorn, but I'm not sure about that. I would really need help with the hold items because I really don't know what to do with them. Sorry, I couldn't put any pics because of the slow internet.

Metagross
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt
Ice Punch

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Clear body
EV's: 252 Att/ 128 Def/ 128 SpDef (not sure about these)
Nature: Bold (boosts attack, decreases speed) (not sure about this either)

Meteor Mash is a nice, strong, STAB steel attack. With Life Orb this OHKO's Tyrannitar and deals with other rock and ice types. Earthquake deals with electric of fire pokemon. Zen Headbutt is another nice STAB that takes out fighting and ghosts. I'm not very sure about the last slot so I put Ice Punch for covering agains flying and grass pokemon. Life Orb boosts power but sacrifices for the HP, which is why i thought defenses would be good to let him survive longer. However, he is quite slow the way I've set him up.

Chandelure
Trick Room
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

Ability: Flash Fire
EV's: 128 Def/ 252 SpA/ 128 SpD
Nature: Quiet (boost SpA, lowers Spd)

Trick Room can cover for Chandelure's okay speed. Chandelure could probably also go first to provide Metagross with a speed advantage. Flamethrower is a STAB attack. This could work with Chandelure's MASSIVE SpA. Shadow Ball is another STAB to deal with ghosts and psychics while energy ball deals with water types that would probably kill Chandelure immediately. Life Orb boosts power, flash fire provides a neat immunity and the nature not only makes the attacks stronger, it makes trick room more effective.

Forretress
Block
Reflect
Light Screen
Gyro Ball

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EV's: 252 HP/ 4 Att/ 252 Def
Nature: Relaxed (boosts Def, lowers Spd)

Block doesn't let the opponent switch away. From then, on, Forretress can set up screens and Gyro Ball the opponent to death, with left overs providing recovery options and sturdy preventing OHKO's. I wasn't sure about the EV's and the nature seems good, seeing as it could benefit from Trick Room.

Blissey
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Toxic
Seismic Toss

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 SpD
Nature: Relaxed (boosts Def, lowers Spd)

I love Aromatherapy. If all your pokemon are paralysed, one aromatherapy will fix your team up again. Just when blissey seems like it's going to faint, softboiled and leftovers annoy the opponent, while toxic cuts its HP down. Seismic Toss slowly but surely cuts down the opponents HP until it faints. Natural Cure means blissey can switch out and its status problems are gone. With its lacking defense it need all the evs and boosts it can get. Additionally, the lowish speed benefits from trick room.

Kingdra
Dragon Dance
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Surf

Ability: Sniper
EV's :252 Att/ 252 SpA/ 4 Spd
Nature: Mild (lowers Def, boosts SpA)

Dragon Dance makes up for Kingdra's unboosted Speed and prepares Draco Meteor or Surf. When that has been done, Outrage can be used as an alternative dragon attack. I'm not sure about the hold item or the EV's and I'm not sure I want to lower it's defense. Kingdra seems as if it might not fit in in this team. however, the slightly lower speed could be good for trick room.

Eelektross
Wild Charge
Thunder
Rain Dance
Acrobatics

Item: None
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 SpA
Nature: Brave (lowers Spd, boosts Att)

Acrobatics seems like a really viable option seeing as wild charge recoil AND life orb damage would quickly weaken Eelektross down. Wild Charge is just great, and would be even better without recoil. Rain Dance not only weakens fires and sets the stage for kingdra, it makes Thunder more accurate. Since Attack is Eelektross' strongest stat, why not boost it? Eelektross could also benefit from trick room.

In conclusion, I love trick room and need help. thanks :)

If you're gonna use acrobat on Elektross, then use something like a pinch berry or something. Just leaving it with no item's kind of wasteful, just give it something that'll troll your opponent or just give it a boost then proceed try and sweep. You could probably drop rain dance/thunder for sub and some hidden power or filter move or something if you wanted to. Honestly I don't think that highly of Elektross, it's not the best physical pokemon, and even with no weaknesses it still has the same problem sableye had (rather bad defenses).

If you're set in your ways about using TR then you're going to need way more than just 1 TR user. Random point here, Bronzong can TR and set up rocks if you wanna import one from DPP. It'd make a pretty good lead over Metagross. Slowking/bro can both use it, king makes an amazing sweeper with nasty plot and trick room also. Dusclops with an evolite, or porgon2 with evolite... the list goes on. If you want a good trick room team pick slow pokemon with great attack stats/defensive stats.

Forretress really doesn't need block, if you want to use it with dual screens and spin then give it spikes in the last spot for hazards. Ferrothorn takes hits better, for the most part, so a switch to him would probably be better. The only real reason to use Forretress over Ferrothorn anymore is rapid spin and poison spikes, if it's not doing either then gon with Ferrothorn. You could also run curse on Ferrothorn, just saying, it would love TR with a curse or two under it's belt. Either use it as support or for sweeping.

If you want to make a trick room team then Kingdra has no room on your team, it's way too fast for a TR team.

Your team also doesn't have that much raw power, and it doesn't really have a sweeper. If you want a TR based team, get a good lead that can set it up a lot (Bronzong), a powerful/bulky sweeper (Strangly enough, slowking actually has a use), and the other team utilities, hazards are always nice. And I'm saying this again: You need more than 1 TR pokemon. Probably more than 2 also.

Anyway,

Replace Metagross with a TR lead,

name: Trick Room Support
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Gyro Ball
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Light Screen / Reflect <- Pick the one your team likes more.
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

Chandelure can stay the same, or you could take out one of the attacks for CM to get a boost or two and attempt a sweep.

I'd take out Kingdra for Slowking with TR and Nasty Plot, if you wanted a water type. Machamp or Durrrrr could take it's spot as a physical poke, they're both quite slow and have insane attacking power.

Random thoughts here but I think Marowak w/ a Club and SD would be just mean on a TR team, slow poke like that. Either way, http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103847
^this has a pretty good list of TR pokemon in Gen 5. Just remember you need more than 2 TR users and that TR loves slow pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)