OU Bulk on the Offensive, REVAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making the Team.

My OU Bulk on the Offensive team was somewhat less than successful, so looking through my strategies and weaknesses, I figured out one of the things that I did wrong with that that team, I didn't take proper advantage of Heatran's play style. With enough speed bulk and special attack, I don't know why I didn't run him as a lead to begin with. Especially with a Choice Scarf if nothing else he can lay down rocks and get the hell out of dodge.

The second problem that I had was that I didn't have anything very good to draw out the type of Pokemon that Heatran could easily take out. Scizor seemed like the perfect answer, with a x4 weakness to exactly what Heatran loves. How could I have passed up this bulky bug?

Afterwards I wanted something to draw out opposing Scizor primarily considering it is the OU of OU. Starmie can spin away those pesky rocks that Scizor dislikes so much and draw out those bulky pursuit users for the next addition to my team. Starmie can also hit the likes of DD Gyarados hard with Thunderbolt. Also with Natural Cure it can switch into status.

With those pesky steels drug out now Magnezone can take advantage of the opportunity to trap and kill. I personally feel that this Pokemon should be on just about any team in OU with the prevalence of Steels. Also, if it runs the proper sets it can take out some unlikely foes such as the likes of Lucario.

Salamence and Magnezone have great synergy, due to Magnezones ability to take out those pesky steels and switch into all of Salamence's weakness's and vice versa. Once the steels are gone Salamence can take advantage and set up for the sweep, once set up this Pokemon can generally run rampant unopposed.

The last Pokemon for this team wasn't the easiest but I eventually narrowed it down to Gliscor, due to the fact that I felt I was a little weak to Electric and I also wanted to be able to switch into EQ, which Jolteon couldn't do. It's also bulky enough to take a hit or two.

The Lead.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Grass)

In this lead I basically wanted to either...
A. Hit hard., or
B. Lay Stealth Rocks and get out of dodge.
I feel that this set does just that. I opted for Hidden Power (Grass) over Electric due to the fact that I really have nothing to properly adress the likes of Swampert and in a hopeful last ditch attempt want to outspeed the thing and try to take it out.

Revenge Killer.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-U-turn
-Pursuit

How could I say no to the OU of OU when it has such great synergy with Heatran? Not only can he hit hard, he draws out those pesky Fire attacks that Heatran just loves to switch into. Other than that this is just your run-of-the-mill Scizor.

The Spinner.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
136 HP/ 156 Def/ 216 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Rapid Spin
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Protect

Realistically, I didn't like how the standard Starmie was set up so I made my own little twist to the set. I wanted Starmie to able able to trick the likes of Scizor and other Pursuit users a nice taste of HP (Fire), leaving me unscathed and able to spin away those pesky rocks that my precious Scizor and Salamence really dislike. I know that I lose my STAB Surf but I felt dealing with the switch ins to this fellow were a little more of a priority to allow for a spin, so It's set up similarly to a MysticGar.

The Steel Killer.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
4 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Explosion
-Flash Cannon

I opted for a Choice Scarf over Leftovers, though I lose the ability to set up a Substitute and lay down the hurt the way I play him that has never really been an issue. Really It's set up to outspeed most or all Steel's that I can think of including Lucario and allowing him to hit them hard with HP (Fire).

The Sweeper.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
80 HP/ 252 Atk/ 176 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Roost

After Magnezone or Starmie have taken care of those pesky Steel's it lets Salamence switch in for the sweep. I've invested some EV's into HP to get a little more out of Life Orb because I honestly didn't like what I was seeing with the standard Smogon set. Pretty straight forward when it comes down to it though.

The Stall Breaker.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
252 HP/40 Def/ 216 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Roost
-Toxic

I realized that I was somewhat easy to stall with the likes of Blissey with basically three special attackers, so I invested in a slit for Gliscor. I also wanted something that could switch into those pesky Electric types that hit most teams extremely hard, including my own with four Pokemon (only one with SE damage though) that could potentially be swept by it. Though It's main role is to break stalls with Blissey, considering the old Blizzard/Ice Beam set is nearly non-existent now.

Sum It Up.

In short I wanted a team that could hit hard while still taking a relative number of hits, I feel that this team does that quite effectively (atleast on paper).

Thank you in advance for any rates/suggestions.
Any changes made to this team will be in this format.

Try out this Heatran lead over your current one

Heatran @ Shucca Berry
4 HP/252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion
-Earth Power

Try out this Heatran lead over your current one

Heatran @ Shucca Berry
4 HP/252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion
-Earth Power
No offense but that Heatran is expected and honestly boring, LeadTran isn't set up to stay in too long so I really feel that the Choice Scarf really helps with Heatran's hit and run style of play.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
13. You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.
You have to wait two weeks before posting another RMT thread. Your last RMT thread was posted two days ago, which violates rule #13. Therefore, I'll have to lock your thread for the time being. Once the two week period has passed, feel free to PM me and I'll unlock your thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)