Tournament Other Metagame World Cup - Pool Phase (Won by TEAM EUROPE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Osake vs Quantum Tesseract
does osake play BH

I do, in fact, play BH, and I might be really bad at it

won in 3 with some luck vs QT ggs out of respect

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9stabmons-1984096481
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-1984103564
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9almostanyability-1984112569

s/o toute la SSSS Menace17 Palapapop Clyde (le boss) Horodro Nultiprise Panure et pas la team France vous êtes NULS

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND (ojr loves me and i love him so), P(REN)DICTIONS

Almost Any Ability
:ogerpon-hearthflame: Hearthflame Pool :ogerpon-hearthflame:

ojr vs Schmerzen: idk the other one
ojr vs Hera: i think ojr has a much higher ceiling. it wouldn't the largest upset to see hera win but i feel comfortable predicting ojr here
ojr vs DeepFriedMagikarp: this is a bit closer from what i know, i think dfm navigates the actual game better than hera does but hera has slightly stronger building. ojr's no slouch playing wise though so i'll still sauce this to him
Schmerzen vs Hera: if schmerzen is some lowkey god ill be pissed
Schmerzen vs DeepFriedMagikarp: yea
Hera vs DeepFriedMagikarp: these are two players i consider strong in different areas of the game, but aaa lately has been less of a matchup tier imo. there's enough broken things that you prob won't get hardwalled and enough pivoting to where you can position yourself fairly well. i think dfm takes advantage of this better.

:ogerpon-wellspring: Wellspring Pool :ogerpon-wellspring:

Atha vs Dj Breloominati♬: afaik spitfire hasn't done much in the way of gen 9 aaa. i do consider him to be the stronger player here, so if he's actually in practice then i favor him to take this, but rn i don't really think so. i think atha's building is always stronger and atm his playing probably is as well
Atha vs MZ: a lil closer, i think mz's the better player right now but i also feel like he'll probably be susceptible to immunity abils that might not exactly be expected. if i had to guess there's probably gonna be a few cornerstones in the teamchats of wellspring pool and they may not be the autowin button that people think they are. this is honestly easily going either way, i just think that mz's more likely to lose momentum in the actual game
Atha vs Career Ended: don't think atha wins this one
Career Ended vs Dj Breloominati♬: yeah i think career is pretty good and can outplay spitfire, spitfire's main strength is his playing so facing someone around equal level playing with more meta knowledge isnt ideal
Career Ended vs MZ: wild take here but i think mz's probably able to respond better to career's style of teams than he is atha's. atha relies a lot more on building to generate wincons while career relies more on positioning, which mz takes advantage of fairly cleanly. this is a hot take but this is probably the aaa game i'm looking most forward to, it's gonna be spicy
Dj Breloominati♬ vs MZ: fifty fifty

Balanced Hackmons

augustakira vs Nihilslave: that's my tyrantrum teammate! jokes aside this probably is the match to watch if you're looking for a highlight game, both these players are absurdly capable. i don't think akira's tournament play is stronger than nihilslave's, but i don't think there's much of a difference and this is more likely to come down to prep than anything else. i think nihilslave is an insanely fast learner and able to improve himself quickly, so i'd back nihi here. i'll also say the later this game is the more confident i am in my prediction, you don't ever really wanna give nihilslave time to prep if you can
augustakira vs Hiusi guy: my only knowledge of hiusi guy is that he's a shitposter in om room and in my experience those are NOT good at the game, but there's a first time for everything
augustakira vs XxLazzerPenguinxX: ...sort of a toss up? sevag was super good in gen 8, i don't think his gen 9 is as strong and akira's been better than him in my experience.
Hiusi guy vs Nihilslave: nihi is probably the strongest player in this pool
Hiusi guy vs XxLazzerPenguinxX: i mean. hiusi guy has to have some skill and this is the safest bet if i want to call his skill out so ,
Nihilslave vs XxLazzerPenguinxX: one of these players is getting manhandled depending on what teams are brought it's not even gonna be CLOSE i'm leaning nihi though but this game is def gonna be uninteractive for one of these dudes regardless of who wins

willdbeast vs Frozoid: idk?? doesnt frozoid play ag or am i making that up
willdbeast vs damflame 3: damflame is good
willdbeast vs tzaur: bro i really dont know
damflame 3 vs tzaur: idk the other guy
damflame 3 vs Frozoid: ? ? ?
Frozoid vs tzaur: what is going on in this pool 3 of these players are names i don't recognize and one of the ones i do is will

Godly Gift

Lily vs LouisIX: lily's the best player in this pool
Lily vs Fragments: ok this is probably the godly gift highlight match, both these players are fairly solid and fragments is lowkey cracked as hell. lily's still the safer bet but i'd love to catch this match live (Lily Fragments pls lmk when you guys are playing :D)
Lily vs Lepton
LouisIX vs Fragments: fragments is the second best player in this pool
LouisIX vs Lepton: lepton is the third best player in this pool and idk louis
Lepton vs Fragments

BoingK vs pdt: honestly the godly gift pool is absurd this time around lowkey, but i do think boingk has the capacity to do really well in the other two games. that being said, i don't think pdt is losing this, his fundamentals are absurd and gg is the most fundamental-forward tier here imo
BoingK vs DugZa - ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i really dont know, i think dugza wins if it's not an unfriendly matchup but boingk's not losing this he's def able to navigate a mu advantage here
BoingK vs Fraise: fraise can overpredict sometimes and i think boingk's playing is something fraise isn't super used to. if boingk plays this game first i'm probably more confident in my prediction
pdt vs Fraise: better player i think, he better not get bad matchup though
pdt vs DugZa: don't let me down pdt
DugZa vs Fraise: feel like fraise gets a matchup advantage here and dugza's not a super large risk taker i find

Inheritance

cotta vs cscl: cotta's bad af but cscl's more of a surprisey player, but you can't really surprise a 14 year old with too much free time. also i JUST realized this is inheritance
cotta vs Meta: meta is the loml
cotta vs anaconja: same thing w/ cscl, but i'm also unsure why anaconja isn't playing bh. my memory is really bad so idk who's playing over him -- wait midway through typing this i realized i'm not predicting for godly gift i'm predicting inheritance nvm LMAO conja wins
Meta vs anaconja: meta will do good in inh. big trust. this is probably the inheritance highlight match though
Meta vs cscl: eh i think this is the one game meta's gonna lose, cscl has the knowledge to surprise someone just approaching the tier
cscl vs anaconja: my anaconja don't. my anaconja don't. my anaconja don't want none unless you got buns hun

BlackKnight_Gawain vs BijouMode: umm.... idk who either of these people are but i like bijoumode's name better
BlackKnight_Gawain vs PandaDoux: dont recognize the other
BlackKnight_Gawain vs Don Vascus: dont recognize the other
PandaDoux vs BijouMode: dont recognize the other
PandaDoux vs Don Vascus: i mean im p sure don is a shitposter but isnt he also the tier leader of this or something
BijouMode vs Don Vascus: dont recognize the other holy shit im washed

Mix and Mega

Icemaster vs Metany: idk the other one (there's a lot of these)
Icemaster vs Tranquility: i don't remember if tranq is perish song or axgwd but in both cases i'd prob bold ice
Icemaster vs BigFatMantis:
Tranquility vs Metany: idk the other one
Tranquility vs BigFatMantis: eh i mean i only know bfm from forum posts, they know what they're doing from the way they talk about pokemon and uu but tranq has proven success in oms so
Metany vs BigFatMantis: idk the other one

temp vs Redflix: LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO redflix in 2023 (he's prob the best player here)
temp vs Maybca: i think temp is better playing wise
temp vs Skooma: ehhh like.. i think if temp has enough of a grasp on the meta by the time he plays skooma he can take this? but if i'm being real skooma prob wins here
Redflix vs Maybca: redflix is insanely solid here
Redflix vs Skooma: this is a messed up predict because skooma's prob gonna roll a good matchup, proceed to choke, freeze ice beam and then win anyway. this is probably the mix and mega highlight match though
Skooma vs Maybca: unfortunately, Skooma has won a game

Partners in Crime

Hugo vs xqiht: ok you guys are literally pulling these names out of your butt at this point
Hugo vs Instruct: hugo dont haha react me pwease
Hugo vs Chromate: pwease
xqiht vs Instruct: it'd be funny if instruct lost here lowkey but this dude comes up w/ the most cracked comps ever
xqiht vs Chromate: if chromate beat instruct i think chromate can win this too
Instruct vs Chromate: already happened. EASIEST POOL TO PREDICT FOR in my LIFE

zoe vs Cao Jie: ok why did nobody tell me that cao jie was ikiq it's been a billion YEARS and i still didn't know that. anyway zoe prob has this
zoe vs yuki: yuki is the best player in this pool i bayleef, but this is probably the pic highlight match
zoe vs YoBuddy: ok ive actually seen yobuddy play a few games and theyre decent BUT you'll never catch me bolding "yobuddy" as a name
yuki vs Cao Jie: s tier partners in crime player
yuki vs YoBuddy: we love yuki in this household
Cao Jie vs YoBuddy: cao actually is good but the pool here is absurdly solid

STABmons

RoFnA vs ScaleScale: idk the other person im SORRY
RoFnA vs avarice: rofna's definitely good but i think avarice is better, i also don't think stab is super super reliant on meta knowledge but there is the chance of way too much info being thrown at avarice, esp if rofna brings like 3 normals or something
RoFnA vs K3ppr: yeah i mean if k3ppr has decent experience in this tier idk
K3ppr vs avarice: i mean like, k3ppr prob has more experience in stab and has a firmer grasp on what he's doing? avarice is able to outplay here i just don't think it'll happen in this specific matchup though unless avarice practices a reasonable amount which i don't see them doing
K3ppr vs ScaleScale: k3ppr ily :3
avarice vs ScaleScale: i feel so bad scalesquared im sorry idk you at all

Palapapop vs abriel: gerwkuhsaghrksudg i guess, prob a toss up
Palapapop vs Kaif: kaif is stronger imo
Palapapop vs Clementine: clem is slightly stronger. i know i predicted pala to go 0-3 but it honestly wouldnt surprise me if he went 3-0, you guys do not know how close this pool is
abriel vs Kaif: this is like sorta close but i still think kaif is pulling it out
abriel vs Clementine: ^
Kaif vs Clementine: highlight fucking match holy shit i'm actually absurdly hyped for this one. soul read is clem wins but it's a toss up. gonna be a good one though don't miss it

ok wait so you guys put ALL the names here. like, literally every name i'd recognize just went into wellspring STAB. god i hate the managers this time around why would you do this to me i know you guys have a tour to win but i just think it's insanely selfish to not consider the fact that i MIGHT write predictions?? like omg

Best of 3

hybone vs Ivar57: i dont think ivar's gonna easily get surprised which i feel hybone will sorta rely on, and i think ivar's brainpower is strong enough to pull this but this is a tough one
hybone vs TTTech: i think hybone's probably gonna win this just off of vibes. i don't think tech knows what to expect and that's scary for him, hybone on the other hand has an insane amount of replays to comb through
hybone vs shiloh: shiloh either plays like he's on crack or plays very calculated and there's no in between, he'll literally switch on you in the middle of a game it's the most ANNOYING thing when playing test games. anyway he wins this
Ivar57 vs TTTech: tech is a degenerate and ivar's a very thinking player. from experience thinking over a long series is exhausting and tech is probably just gonna make it longer. good luck to ivar here lmao (seriously why is bo3 here)
Ivar57 vs shiloh: i think ivar CAN play at a similar level, but shiloh's complicated to play vs so i'll have to hand this to him. if i had to select a highlight match for the bo3 category it'd be this one
TTTech vs shiloh: shiloh has stronger fundamentals and is prob the best bo3 in this pool

LordBox vs Osake: ? ? idk LMAO like this slot is so scuffed
LordBox vs Clas: ok so in my head clas only plays mnm, which is not in this tier so i think lordbox takes it
LordBox vs Quantum Tesseract: qt in bo3
Osake vs Clas: osake has more experience w the slots
Osake vs Quantum Tesseract: qt in bo3
Clas vs Quantum Tesseract: FUCK ITTTTT LMAO CLAS BEAT QT ONCE HE CAN DO IT AGAIN

predicting every game in this tour is def the most jobless thing i've done on this site my god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)