Original Double Battle Combos

I was just wondering what kind of double battle combos we could come up with. Just post two pokemon, moves, etc. and how they combo. Remember, this is for original combos, so don't put stuff such as Levitate+Quake, Flyer+Quake, Qhost+ Explosion, Protect + Quake, Protect+Explosion, etc.

Combo I run on one of my teams:

Slowking@Leftovers
Own Tempo
Quiet
Whatever EVs
-Trick Room
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Slack Off

Ampharos@Leftovers
Quiet
252 Sp. Atk and a helluva lot of HP EVs (I forget the number)
-Thunderbolt
-Light Screen
-Flatter
-Signal Beam

Basic Trick Room lead. Flatter boosts Slowking's Sp. Atk first turn while it Trick Rooms, and then from there I attempt to special sweep. Ampharos is actually a surprisingly sturdy bastard, and Light Screen really helps with the rest of my somewhat-special weak team (especially against Blizzards...but I usually lose to Hail teams anyway).

Ridiculous easy to stop by anyone who knows what they are doing and most other Trick Room leads, though, so...

i like dragonite and vaporeon @ the following

dragonite @ wise glasses
modest
252 Satk/spd
surf
protect
Draco meteor
flamethrower

-and-

vaporeon @ leftovers
bold 252 def/188 hp/68 Satk
ice beam
Hp electric
wish
protect

with this set it stops exploders and ice/dragon attacks directed at dragonite while vaporeon kills them (usually) and dragonite can surf to deal damage AND heal vaporeon at the same time wish/protect can restore healing to teammates

dunsparce @ focus sash
t-wave
gyro ball

gardevoir @ lefties
synchronize
trick room
hypnosis

gardy sets up trick room, dunsparce drops t-wave on gardy, synching it back to him, essentially quadrupling both their speeds. This leaves dunsparce w/ 21 spd and gardy w/ 36 spd in trick room, leaving dunsparce open to amazing gyro balls and gardy can hypnosis 1 of their pokemon

dunsparce @ focus sash
t-wave
gyro ball

gardevoir @ lefties
synchronize
trick room
hypnosis

gardy sets up trick room, dunsparce drops t-wave on gardy, synching it back to him, essentially quadrupling both their speeds. This leaves dunsparce w/ 21 spd and gardy w/ 36 spd in trick room, leaving dunsparce open to amazing gyro balls and gardy can hypnosis 1 of their pokemon
And then you get fully paralyzed

dunsparce @ focus sash
t-wave
gyro ball

gardevoir @ lefties
synchronize
trick room
hypnosis

Yeah, but youre still paralyzed. What good is speed if you cannot even attack 100% of the time?

EDIT: And of course, this was my 800th post. Fuck, what a waste.

Plus, Dunsparce has an average and Atk doesn't even have STAB on Gyroball. Even something like Bronzong or Steelix could do more damage without being paralyzed.

i like dragonite and vaporeon @ the following

dragonite @ wise glasses
modest
252 Satk/spd
surf
protect
Draco meteor
flamethrower

-and-

vaporeon @ leftovers
bold 252 def/188 hp/68 Satk
ice beam
Hp electric
wish
protect

with this set it stops exploders and ice/dragon attacks directed at dragonite while vaporeon kills them (usually) and dragonite can surf to deal damage AND heal vaporeon at the same time wish/protect can restore healing to teammates
i really like this combo. very smart

Electrode @ Focus Sash
Ability: Soundproof
252 Att / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Screech
- Explosion

Ursaring @ Focus Sash
Ability: Quick Feet
252 Att / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Facade
- Close Combat

Smeargle @ Salac Berry
Ability: Technician
252 Att / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Spore
- Endure
- Baton Pass

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
252 SpAtt / 252 Att / 4 Spd
Rash Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Explosion

Strategy:

Electrode Thunder Waves Ursaring, activating Quick Feet, while he Swords Dances. Both survive with Focus Sashes.

On the second turn, Ursaring Protects while Electrode Explodes.

On the third turn, I send in Smeargle. He Fake Outs one Poke while Ursaring KOs with either Facade or Crunch.

On the fourth turn, Smeargle Endures, and Salac Berry raises his speed, and Ursaring kills with one of his powerful moves.

On the fifth turn, Smeargle Spores something while Ursaring kills again.

Then Ursaring Protects while Smeargle Baton Passes.

I send out Gengar, if a Ghost is out I Shadow Ball it, or Sucker Punch on anything really weakened, or Sludge Bomb if nothing else. Ursaring hopefully can kill again.

Then Ursaring Protects while Gengar Explodes.

If anything is left at this point, Ursaring kills it.
---

The full Paralyzation rate is what really sets this back.

How does this combo stop ice and dragon attacks? Also, surf+vaporeon isnt original in the slightest.
btw if it aint orginal why dont you post one and and show me orginial?

question? What pokemon use ice/dragon attacks?
bulky waters
dragons (duh)
dophan
weavile
blissey
and a couple others (lazy)

the main idea is for dragonite to protect while:
-ice beam OHKO's most non bulky dragons outside of dragonite
-Hp electric hurts (if not kills) waters that try and stay in
-dophan...not sure if he likes ice beam off of 60 base Sdef with no ev investment
-weavile most are banded/scarfed so protect the hit to scout and switch accordingly while vaporeon kills it
-blissey well blissey walls this period so why stay in?

if anything ill probally switch a steel pokemon in if its a little to hard on nite as its resistant to ice/dragon iirc

I agree with BLUE.

Pusle/Minum can run RainDance/Thunder/GrassKnot/*filler*

Another set I thought up is this.

Brelloom@Toxic Orb
Jolly 252spd/252att/4hp
-Spore
-Leech Seed
-Seed Bomb
-Substitute

Shuckle@Lefties
Impish 252hp/100def/156sdef
-Sandstorm
-Rest
-Toxic
-Wrap

Wrap traps (don't laugh), brelloom subs. Basic stall from there. I wish I could've used this in RBY to abuse the toxic/leech seed glitch^_^

Plusle can actually use Substitute and Me First pretty well.

Opponent goes to use Explosion
Minun used Protect
Plusle used Me First
Plusle used Explosion
Opponents fainted

I've also seen Absols use this to their success as well, Me Firsting Outrages, Earthquakes, Explosions, you name it. Me first is just good in doubles =P

EDIT: Meh, I didnt really say a combo, just mentioned what coukd potentially be a part of one =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)