ORAS UU: The Next Best Thing V2 (Toxicroak - Submission Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Voted after cut off doesn't count n_n

Shiba wins !!!

Next Mon up...

2015-10-20-21-05-49--1616190603.jpeg

This fiery Fido doesn't see the light of day much in higher level play. Arcanine is unique in its typing and defensive capabilities while also having a strong offensive movepool and mixed capabilities
Deadline is Saturday 8pm

(Will update op tomorrow)

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Arcanine @ Power Herb
-Flare Blitz
-CC
-ESpeed
-Solar Beam

Shits on Swampert. Run whatever EVs you want so you can ohko or something. Offensive Arc is good just slightly outclassed by Entei. That's part of the lure of the set though since Arcanine is less likely to run something like this!

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Reserving HP Ice.

Good thing I don't have a girlfriend hm R0ady

e: nvm hp ice is so gay compared to these godly sets ill let this over to innovation gods

Last edited:

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge / Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

So I got really tired of bulky Salamence one day and I decided to cook up an offensive lure. I came up with banded Outrage Arcanine which actually 2hkos bulky Salamence. It also gives you something to hit Chandelure with greater power that Wild Charge. This can be used over entei because it can hit bulky water types really hard with wild charge and has Intimidate which is a great reason alone to use this set over Entei. You can opt for using Close Combat over Wild Charge in order to get damage on stuff like P2, Snorlax, and killing Blissey without killing yourself with recoil. Of course besides the differences, we have all the great offensive qualities like a powerful E-speed and a flare blitz that can KO Nidoqueen. Its a very great option to use over Entei and as an offensive fire type! Try it out for yourselves! :)

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Arcanine Outrage vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Salamence: 214-254 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Nidoqueen: 322-381 (97.2 - 115.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Dragon Pulse Mixed Arcanine
Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire / Intimidate
EVs: 92 Atk / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat / Crunch
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Pulse

This set is essentially a lure for Salamence and other Dragons like Dragalge and Mega Ampharos who can normally switch into Arcanine for free. While Outrage can do similar feats, the locking and confusion is a huge downside, especially on a Pokemon without STAB and it makes Arcanine setup bait in some cases (not a rip on DaSpoofy's set at all; posted this before I saw it and I think Band Outrage seems like the best way to use the move). Having SpA investment + Fire Blast is kind of nice as well, since it doesn't have the recoil of Flare Blitz and does far more damage to Gligar, Mega Aggron, Chesnaught and Doublade.

RK9 is more coverage-dependent on this set with the lack of attack investment, but the coverage moves still do a good job of 2HKOing their respective threats sans Wild Charge (making it struggle with bulky Waters a bit more). CC is for Blissey, Umbreon and Empoleon, Crunch 2HKOs all variants of Slowking after SR and does twice as much damage to Chandelure than DPulse and ESpeed is just really useful as priority.

Dragon Pulse
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 224-265 (56.9 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 250-296 (75.5 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 159-187 (50 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Haxorus: 250-294 (85.3 - 100.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 174-205 (45.3 - 53.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 174-205 (52.8 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aromatisse: 199-235 (49 - 57.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 169-200 (50.7 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 283-335 (82.2 - 97.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 140-166 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

EDIT: Dang, more people like to lure Dragons with this than I thought o_O

Trapping Arcanine

Arcanine @ Binding Band
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Spin
- Toxic
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz / Extreme Speed / Basically anything

Basically the same as that trapping set Heatran uses in OU. The premise is to trap something with Fire Spin and wear it down with Toxic while keeping yourself healthy with Morning Sun.
Fire Spin is way less powerful than Magma Storm, but actually more accurate by 10%. Also, Heatran doesn't get reliable recovery like Arcanine, so I chose Binding Band over leftovers to make Fire Spin better.
Enough speed to hit 265. Lets you outpace positive base 71's (Honchkrow) and neutral base 80's. Rest goes in to Def and Hp for bulk, but you can whack that 100 EV's into anything you want really; it all depends on what you want to trap.

Double status Arcanine

Arcanine @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Rest
- Will o' Wisp
- Toxic

General idea: In this set I pretend to run two status moves at once which deal damage to the opponent: the first one is Will o' Wisp which hinders most of the physical attackers not immune to it alongside with Intimidate whereas Toxic is for "coverage" towards bulky waters and grounds without Rest. The two remaining slots are dedicated to recovery (Rest which get rid of status) and to a STAB without recoil. Note that Chesto Berry can allow us to switch-in without revealing what item is (an opponent can think it is an Arcanine with a Choice item).

EVs spread: Max EVs to have odd HP are run to optimize its durability even towards Stealth Rock and max Def + an anhancing nature grants Arcanine the ability to withstand more physical threats. A Bold nature plus 0 Atk IVs enables the fire dog to take less damage from Foul Play.

Team support: due to its limited coverage moves Arcanine loves the possibility to fearlessly switch-in and out throughout the match so Rapid Spin or Defog is necessary such as a Heal Beller which cuts the turns of sleeping.

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
I am going to go with something crazy, because many of the sets above were some of my ideas, and all of the good "niche sets" were taken. Except this one that I actually tried once and had SOME luck with. Let me emphasize SOME luck with :) Lets begin!

We got CHARM ARCANINE!!!

Arca WHAT? (Arcanine) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Charm
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

This might be on the craziest sets I have ever thought off. Charm is actually one of my favorite moves, and I came up with a very viable set of Charm Blissey with it. But here we are talking about Charm Arcanine. The strategy here is instead of burning the opponetts and possibly risking a miss, flash fire, or a fire type that cant be burned, you can just Charm them!. This set can also do some decent damage with Flare Blitz, and Extreme Speed for priority since we are running no speed IV's. Morning Sun is obviously also for gaining health back, as this is a really gimmicky and stally set.

If this thing should ever be used (LOL) It would work best on Semi-Stall teams, who need some mon who can switch into some physical powerhouses, while also being able to take a special hit as well.

This is kind of a desperate set to enter this, but it was the only thing left! (Credit to DaSpoofy for taking my idea of Outrage lol I was going to do that.. but its alright ;))

Hope you liked this OKAY set! haha =)

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Arcanine @ Power Herb
-Flare Blitz
-CC
-ESpeed
-Solar Beam

Shits on Swampert. Run whatever EVs you want so you can ohko or something. Offensive Arc is good just slightly outclassed by Entei. That's part of the lure of the set though since Arcanine is less likely to run something like this!

Arcanine @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge / Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

So I got really tired of bulky Salamence one day and I decided to cook up an offensive lure. I came up with banded Outrage Arcanine which actually 2hkos bulky Salamence. It also gives you something to hit Chandelure with greater power that Wild Charge. This can be used over entei because it can hit bulky water types really hard with wild charge and has Intimidate which is a great reason alone to use this set over Entei. You can opt for using Close Combat over Wild Charge in order to get damage on stuff like P2, Snorlax, and killing Blissey without killing yourself with recoil. Of course besides the differences, we have all the great offensive qualities like a powerful E-speed and a flare blitz that can KO Nidoqueen. Its a very great option to use over Entei and as an offensive fire type! Try it out for yourselves! :)

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Arcanine Outrage vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Salamence: 214-254 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Nidoqueen: 322-381 (97.2 - 115.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Dragon Pulse Mixed Arcanine
Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire / Intimidate
EVs: 92 Atk / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat / Crunch
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Pulse

This set is essentially a lure for Salamence and other Dragons like Dragalge and Mega Ampharos who can normally switch into Arcanine for free. While Outrage can do similar feats, the locking and confusion is a huge downside, especially on a Pokemon without STAB and it makes Arcanine setup bait in some cases (not a rip on DaSpoofy's set at all; posted this before I saw it and I think Band Outrage seems like the best way to use the move). Having SpA investment + Fire Blast is kind of nice as well, since it doesn't have the recoil of Flare Blitz and does far more damage to Gligar, Mega Aggron, Chesnaught and Doublade.

RK9 is more coverage-dependent on this set with the lack of attack investment, but the coverage moves still do a good job of 2HKOing their respective threats sans Wild Charge (making it struggle with bulky Waters a bit more). CC is for Blissey, Umbreon and Empoleon, Crunch 2HKOs all variants of Slowking after SR and does twice as much damage to Chandelure than DPulse and ESpeed is just really useful as priority.

Dragon Pulse
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 224-265 (56.9 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 250-296 (75.5 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 159-187 (50 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Haxorus: 250-294 (85.3 - 100.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 174-205 (45.3 - 53.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Dragon Pulse vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 174-205 (52.8 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aromatisse: 199-235 (49 - 57.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 169-200 (50.7 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
164 SpA Life Orb Arcanine Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 283-335 (82.2 - 97.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 140-166 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

EDIT: Dang, more people like to lure Dragons with this than I thought o_O
Trapping Arcanine

Arcanine @ Binding Band
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Spin
- Toxic
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz / Extreme Speed / Basically anything

Basically the same as that trapping set Heatran uses in OU. The premise is to trap something with Fire Spin and wear it down with Toxic while keeping yourself healthy with Morning Sun.
Fire Spin is way less powerful than Magma Storm, but actually more accurate by 10%. Also, Heatran doesn't get reliable recovery like Arcanine, so I chose Binding Band over leftovers to make Fire Spin better.
Enough speed to hit 265. Lets you outpace positive base 71's (Honchkrow) and neutral base 80's. Rest goes in to Def and Hp for bulk, but you can whack that 100 EV's into anything you want really; it all depends on what you want to trap.
Double status Arcanine

Arcanine @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Rest
- Will o' Wisp
- Toxic

General idea: In this set I pretend to run two status moves at once which deal damage to the opponent: the first one is Will o' Wisp which hinders most of the physical attackers not immune to it alongside with Intimidate whereas Toxic is for "coverage" towards bulky waters and grounds without Rest. The two remaining slots are dedicated to recovery (Rest which get rid of status) and to a STAB without recoil. Note that Chesto Berry can allow us to switch-in without revealing what item is (an opponent can think it is an Arcanine with a Choice item).

EVs spread: Max EVs to have odd HP are run to optimize its durability even towards Stealth Rock and max Def + an anhancing nature grants Arcanine the ability to withstand more physical threats. A Bold nature plus 0 Atk IVs enables the fire dog to take less damage from Foul Play.

Team support: due to its limited coverage moves Arcanine loves the possibility to fearlessly switch-in and out throughout the match so Rapid Spin or Defog is necessary such as a Heal Beller which cuts the turns of sleeping.
I am going to go with something crazy, because many of the sets above were some of my ideas, and all of the good "niche sets" were taken. Except this one that I actually tried once and had SOME luck with. Let me emphasize SOME luck with :) Lets begin!

We got CHARM ARCANINE!!!

Arca WHAT? (Arcanine) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Charm
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

This might be on the craziest sets I have ever thought off. Charm is actually one of my favorite moves, and I came up with a very viable set of Charm Blissey with it. But here we are talking about Charm Arcanine. The strategy here is instead of burning the opponetts and possibly risking a miss, flash fire, or a fire type that cant be burned, you can just Charm them!. This set can also do some decent damage with Flare Blitz, and Extreme Speed for priority since we are running no speed IV's. Morning Sun is obviously also for gaining health back, as this is a really gimmicky and stally set.

If this thing should ever be used (LOL) It would work best on Semi-Stall teams, who need some mon who can switch into some physical powerhouses, while also being able to take a special hit as well.

This is kind of a desperate set to enter this, but it was the only thing left! (Credit to DaSpoofy for taking my idea of Outrage lol I was going to do that.. but its alright ;))

Hope you liked this OKAY set! haha =)
K ur free to vote

My votes for yabo this stage ends Tuesday 8pm

Yabo, quit being lazy and at least type out the moves and suggest a spread XD

Since his set man-handles a lot of Arcanine's usual checks without being locked into a move, Jaguar360.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)