ORAS UnderUsed Ladder Tournament - Won by J0RIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the Oras UnderUsed Ladder Playoffs

This is STAGE TWO - DO NOT SIGN UP
The first is the actual laddering portion of the tournament, which will last an entire month. The four participants with the highest rating at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. If a player "won" for multiple weeks, the next highest rated person will be admitted into the playoffs. There are NO RESETS. This means your ladder progress does not get reset week-by-week. Do your best to hit the top!

Stage Two - Playoffs
At the end of the laddering stage (stage one), the playoffs will start with the sixteen top ladder players of the month. Playoff rank is based on two factors: (1) The Winners of each week; (2) The Rank of each players. This means that the winners of each week will automatically be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th depending on rank. The rest of the players will be ranked accordingly. Playoff seeding is based on this model; Rank 1 will face Rank 16; Rank 2 will face Rank 15, etc. More information on format and rules are listed below.

Final Rankings:
1st Christo. -- 1762

2nd ZoroDark -- 1745
3rd Yifeng -1651
4th Sacri' - 1630
5th ChoiceBnddUmbreon - 1757
6th Cancer On Fleek - 1733
7th Rattled Snakes - 1725
8th Showdown and Chill - 1639
9th J0RIS - 1633
10th Ice Tea - 1620
11th Horsehead-3 - 1609
12th malinowski - 1608
13th Manipulative - 1597
14th Shiba - 1567
15th King UU - 1550
16th Hairy Toenail - 1546

Top Dog -------------------- Underdog

2nd ZoroDark vs 9th J0RIS

DEADLINE: January 16th 2016, 11:59pm EST-5​
Specific Rules
  • This is a standard ORAS UU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series each round.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Post your replays for verification & entertainment.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's UU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
About Activity Decisions
In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request".

Good luck c:

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Good luck to everyone participating!!!

This is going to be a great tournament with some awesome matches! =)

Ice Tea to win it all

Christo The Gr8 vs Hairy Toenail baenail ftw defending the title fam make suu family proud

ZoroDark vs King UU my boy zorodark will be able to defeat the top balance player of underused

Yifeng vs Shiba if u dont bring rain im supporting, go suu family

Sacri' vs Manipulative supporting u brother

ChoiceBnddUmbreon vs malinowski blissey+alomomola offense LOL vai irmao vai ser facil

Cancer On FLEEK vs Horsehead-3 LOL what are those

Showdown and Chill vs J0RIS joris is PO family and a decent player probs winning oo

Last edited:
Man, I was so hype for Christo v King UU r1, damn LilOu vanishing.

R0ady nailed the big games, but the rest still look interesting, minus that Hellfire v Horse garb. No winners there.

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
1st Christo The Gr8 vs. 16th Hairy Toenail
could go either way in a close series, winner of this is my pick to win it all

There's a lot of talented UU players competing, I'm definitely excited to watch the matches. I know pretty much everyone on this list, and think you'll all put up a really good show! Christo is definitely the man to beat, and at the moment I can't see anyone bringing him down.

That said, enjoy guys!

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
1s t Christo The Gr8 vs. 16thHairy Toenail #1 seed for a reason and I don't really seem him losing in the first round. Definitely the man to beat

2nd @ZoroDark vs. 15th King UU If you shoot for the king, you better hit him. ZoroDark definitely showed his class during the ladder segment of the tour with an incredible GXE. However, he is facing the KING and I think it will be a tough,even match for both competitors.

3rd Yifeng vs. 14thShiba Bob is one of the better ladder players I know and he on my team so have to root for him

4th Sacri'vs. 13th Manipulative The first real upset that I'm calling. I really feel Manipulative is the Dark Horse of this tour and can really turn some heads. He's been getting better and better everyday and I wouldn't be suprised to see his pull of a first round upset.

5th ChoiceBnddUmbreon vs. 12th malinowski A classic matchup: Unorthodox methods vs the tried and true. CBU wins this imo purely because of his unpredictability factor and his aggressive plays going hand in hand

6th Cancer On FLEEKvs. 11th Horsehead-3 Calling a minor upset here, Horse head has more versatility in his teambuilding and I haven't seen Hellfire use any team other than stall or that one Amoongus balance team he has. The preparation factor will be on Head's side although I do expect Cancer on Fleek to pull a few teambuilding suprises to negate this advantage. Low key hype match

7th Rattled Snakesvs. 10th Ice Tea Lol who even is Rattled Snakes. He relies on hax and doesn't even build his own teams. Ez win for ice tea

8th Showdown and Chillvs. 9th J0RIS Ive seen J0ris use a lot of variety when playing on ladder which is a testament to his flexibility. I haven't seen Showdown and Chill use any team other than his blissey one. Like Hellfire I predict him to pull some teambuilding suprises on D-Day but that will put him out of his comfort zone and the advantage will be for J0RIS.

I am going on Vacation tomorrow so I don't know when I will have time to play. I will have my computer though and will hopefully have time to play at night... if not I would hope to get an extension.

I am excited for this round, though! Hairy Toenail is one of the best UU battlers imo so hopefully it will be a good series :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)