Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2

Banned deucer.
Could Thunder Wave Bisharp be considered a good lure to Keldeo ?
It's definitely not a bad lure but some people prefer Aerial Ace as a lure as it hits Keldeo while dealing a lot of damage to Chesnaught and Mega Lopunny, both which counter / hard check Bisharp pretty well

252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 182-216 (56.3 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 208-250 (54.7 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's definitely not a bad lure but some people prefer Aerial Ace as a lure as it hits Keldeo while dealing a lot of damage to Chesnaught and Mega Lopunny, both which counter / hard check Bisharp pretty well

252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 182-216 (56.3 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 208-250 (54.7 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
STAB Iron Head does the same amount of damage as a super effective Aerial Ace, plus Lopunny isn't likely to switch in directly like Keldeo and Chesnaught.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
What pokemon would you say is very effective in this metagame but not very prepared for or used much?
Weavile is severely under-prepared for at the moment. Excellent Speed tier, ability to check a ton of mons such as Tornadus-T, Garchomp, Landorus, Mega Metagross etc. It puts in a lot of work against balance/offense because there people merely slap stuff like Keldeo / Azumarill on their teams in a hope to beat Weavile, but Weavile does cripple them quite a bit, can definitely beat weakened ones, and not many teams handle Dark / Ice coverage well to be honest.

Mega Charizard X would be something else perhaps, it's quite underprepared for, and Mega Altaria really isn't a great check when offensive ones get 2HKOed by Flare Blitz and can't OHKO back with Return / Earthquake, and defensive ones are generally easier to wear down, I've seen. It sweeps quite a few unprepared teams haha, what's stopping it is probably Hippowdon (which really isn't that great of a check to be honest), Mega Altaria, and Stealth Rock (especially Garchomp).

Hey, I was just wondering if someone could either explain to me in full detail, or link me something that explains everything about Sleep Clause AND how it works at PS!. I thought I knew how those mechanics worked, but I think there's many more than me who's come into situations where the clause is not that well explained or understandable. My question is if I use Espeon with Magic Bounce and bounce back a sleep-inducing move (I know this thread is in OU, and I did this in Ubers, but it's still basically the same) and my opponent falls asleep, can I still use i.e. Spore on another poke on my opponents' team? I thought it would be the same as if they used Rest (as they kind of inflict sleep on themselves), but that was not the case. Here's the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-236656083

Also, this was long ago, tho, but I remember that my opponent was forced into using Spore (with Encore) and it was their last poke, yet Sleep Clause was activated. As I said, I'd like to see exactly the way Sleep Clause works and (preferably) proof that it actually works the way it is supposed to on the simulator. Thanks in advance!

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep

Only one foe from each team can be put to sleep, regardless of being self-inflicted or opponent-inflicted.

edit: really? must've forgot haha

Last edited:
That rule seems to be vary vague in that case. Because if an opponent uses Rest, you can still use Spore on another team member regardless if they have woken up or not. So what you're saying is not entirely true...

That rule seems to be vary vague in that case. Because if an opponent uses Rest, you can still use Spore on another team member regardless if they have woken up or not. So what you're saying is not entirely true...
it's only when inflicted by the opponent, so using rest doesn't protect you from opposing sleep moves

So the true definition would be something like this: "Only one Pokémon can be put to sleep on your opponents' team as a result from any of your moves or ability" ?
I have read that Sleep Clause will not activate when you are quite literally forced to use you sleep inducing move (through choice items, Ingrain, trapping moves, last poke, etc.), but this doesn't seem to be the case http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-236682320 ... So is my definition correct in the simulator and in the way it is intended to be?

Is there a reason to choose medicham instead of gallade in a team?
immediate power, and better priority. (i'm assuming you're talkng about their megas) If you wanna see the arguments, the viability forum has quite a discussion on them.
EDIT: partially ninja'd

Why is Non-Mega Altaria in OverUsed where it's only chance of beeing good is to Mega Evolve? Medicham/Gallade are RU but the MEvo are BL. So why not Altaria? Same with Metagross. It was shifted to UU and with the MEvo it's OU again. Why not only banning the Stone and put Metagross back to UU?

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why is Non-Mega Altaria in OverUsed where it's only chance of beeing good is to Mega Evolve? Medicham/Gallade are RU but the MEvo are BL. So why not Altaria? Same with Metagross. It was shifted to UU and with the MEvo it's OU again. Why not only banning the Stone and put Metagross back to UU?
It has something to do with how usage is tracked. There was a Policy Review thread about it if you want to know the particulars (the last post is the one you want).

You have to use the base form to mega evolve then. Gallade and medicine's mega were banned from UU. Basically you have to use base form to mega evolve them.

Edit: damn these ninjas.

I feel like Shedinja has some potential in OU so I decided to build a team it and Politied because Drizzle prevents sandstorm damage that would instantly kill Shedinja. Also, many firetypes come in on Shedinja for obvious reasons and when Shedinja Baton Passes / Switches Out the rain softens the fire attack for the switch in. I remember Sun teams using Shedinja effectively last gen to help glue the team together and I feel like Shedinja would benefit Rain this gen in a similar way. My problem is that after these two I feel obligated to add a swift swimmer (like Kabutops who can set up on pokemon that come in on Shedinja), a means of removing and setting up hazards, and then account for various threats in the metagame on top of that. I can't seem to manage all of this and build a successful team at once. However, I believe that Shedinja could really work well on an intelligently built team so I refuse to give up and have come here to ask you guys for advice

I feel like Shedinja has some potential in OU so I decided to build a team it and Politied because Drizzle prevents sandstorm damage that would instantly kill Shedinja. Also, many firetypes come in on Shedinja for obvious reasons and when Shedinja Baton Passes / Switches Out the rain softens the fire attack for the switch in. I remember Sun teams using Shedinja effectively last gen to help glue the team together and I feel like Shedinja would benefit Rain this gen in a similar way. My problem is that after these two I feel obligated to add a swift swimmer (like Kabutops who can set up on pokemon that come in on Shedinja), a means of removing and setting up hazards, and then account for various threats in the metagame on top of that. I can't seem to manage all of this and build a successful team at once. However, I believe that Shedinja could really work well on an intelligently built team so I refuse to give up and have come here to ask you guys for advice
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...a-teambuilding-workshop.3538092/#post-6214948

There's a Sheddy HO team about 2/3rds of the way down the OP of that topic. You could ask the OP more about it if you are curious (is that thread an open question kinda deal? Haven't really been following it too closely).

Whats the best type wallbreaker in Ou? whats the easyest type to overwhelm and the hardest to weaken?

I mean for example a fire type has in general more value as a wall breaker than grass types but then u need to consider that fire types will wear down faster because SR weakness.

Whats the best type wallbreaker in Ou? whats the easyest type to overwhelm and the hardest to weaken?

I mean for example a fire type has in general more value as a wall breaker than grass types but then u need to consider that fire types will wear down faster because SR weakness.
If Lando gets banned my vote goes for manaphy or NP thundurus. In mega it's for Gardevoir or Zard y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)