Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone explain to me how a hitmonlee is able to move faster than a deoxys-s with no scarf and no unburden boost. Played a match today first turn went to use psycho boost, hitmonlee moves first and gets a OHKO knock off. like wtf
Well the max Speed of Hitmonlee at level 100 is 300 and the min Speed of Deoxys-S is 274, so it's possible for the Hitmonlee to outspeed without a scarf. Did you make a mistake when making your team and give Deoxys-S the wrong nature or wrong EVs?

Dunno if this is the right thread but:

I have an OU team currently consisting of MzardX, BU Talonflame, LO Mixed Kyurem-Black, Scolipede, Excadrill, and Mandibuzz. I have two questions:
1. What type would I have a problem with defensively with this team?
2. If I were to swap someone out (probably Mandibuzz) who should I try out as a replacement?

Dunno if this is the right thread but:

I have an OU team currently consisting of MzardX, BU Talonflame, LO Mixed Kyurem-Black, Scolipede, Excadrill, and Mandibuzz. I have two questions:
1. What type would I have a problem with defensively with this team?
2. If I were to swap someone out (probably Mandibuzz) who should I try out as a replacement?
You have a lot of weakness to ground attacks (MZard, Scolipede, Excadrill) and Rock attacks (MZard, Talonflame, Mandibuzz, Kyurem). In the absence of Kyurem your team would have a lot of trouble breaking through a few walls, especially Hippowdon and Gliscor, which is bad because both of those can run a fairly nasty Earthquake.

I'm not sure who you could switch in, but it shouldn't be for Mandibuzz. With four Rock weaknesses (two of which are double weaknesses until MZard uses his mega evolution), you absolutely cannot allow rocks to stay up or every switch you make will grind your team into cat chow, so either you need to have a Defog Mandibuzz or you need to switch someone out for a Spinner. A Rock resist like Ferrothorn might serve you well here, because it can spin away Rocks, lay down hazards of your own, threaten Ground types with Power Whip, or use its stellar defenses to absorb Rock hits for the rest of the party.

Stone Edge would end you.

I'm not sure who you could switch in, but it shouldn't be for Mandibuzz. With four Rock weaknesses (two of which are double weaknesses until MZard uses his mega evolution), you absolutely cannot allow rocks to stay up or every switch you make will grind your team into cat chow, so either you need to have a Defog Mandibuzz or you need to switch someone out for a Spinner. A Rock resist like Ferrothorn might serve you well here, because it can spin away Rocks, lay down hazards of your own, threaten Ground types with Power Whip, or use its stellar defenses to absorb Rock hits for the rest of the party.

Hi, I'm actually using Excadrill as a spinner, so Stealth Rocks has never been a serious problem for me (so far). However your suggestion of Ferrothorn is interesting, and something I'll be trying out. Rocks have been sort of a problem for me, as have Fairies and Water types, so Ferrothorn would be a nice way to deal with all 3 problems at the same time. Thanks for the assist!

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I'm actually using Excadrill as a spinner, so Stealth Rocks has never been a serious problem for me (so far). However your suggestion of Ferrothorn is interesting, and something I'll be trying out. Rocks have been sort of a problem for me, as have Fairies and Water types, so Ferrothorn would be a nice way to deal with all 3 problems at the same time. Thanks for the assist!
Take into account some Rock Types like Mega-Ttar sometimes carry Fire Punch and once setting up a Dragon dance your team will quick become weak the Rock again. Terrakion can also be a problem to you as well. Close combat Ferro and proceed to stone edge. Might get of the Rock Polish to out speed your Pokemon

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You have a lot of weakness to ground attacks (MZard, Scolipede, Excadrill) and Rock attacks (MZard, Talonflame, Mandibuzz, Kyurem). In the absence of Kyurem your team would have a lot of trouble breaking through a few walls, especially Hippowdon and Gliscor, which is bad because both of those can run a fairly nasty Earthquake.

Scolipede isn't weak to ground.

How often does OU check to see what the most used pokemon are and add them to the UU ban list? Khan couldn't stay OU forever and I don't think Sableye should either and Charizard is useless in OU unless you count the combined use of its two megas.

How often does OU check to see what the most used pokemon are and add them to the UU ban list? Khan couldn't stay OU forever and I don't think Sableye should either and Charizard is useless in OU unless you count the combined use of its two megas.
Monthly (Weighted on last 3 months usage), and megas are calculated with the base form, so non-mega charizard is OU, because its mega forms are used. So normal charizard will never drop, because its megas are so good. The only way a pokemon and its mega can be in separate tiers is if its mega stone is banned through suspect testing. Like Lucario and Mega Mom.

I need help with this set, any ideas for the set itself or teammates will be greatly appreciated.

Porygon2
N: Bold
I: Eviolite
A: Trace
EVs: 252 Hp 252 Def 4 SpD or SpA
M1: Recover
M2: ???
M3: ???
M4: ???

I know this is not much of a set but that's why I need help :-\

I need help with this set, any ideas for the set itself or teammates will be greatly appreciated.

Porygon2
N: Bold
I: Eviolite
A: Trace
EVs: 252 Hp 252 Def 4 SpD or SpA
M1: Recover
M2: ???
M3: ???
M4: ???

I know this is not much of a set but that's why I need help :-\
Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Toxic would be your best options. Tri Attack is also an option over one of those moves if you want STAB.

I'd run discharge over t bolt though. That paralysis support helps more than the extra damage. Discharge faster pokemon, toxic obvious wall switch ins
Okay I see, I love the ability trace and the Porygon line so I saw every one using an eviolite set on 2. I wanted to run it, anybody have teammates?

Hi, after a few rounds of testing, Ferrothorn wasn't quite working out for me. Having him magnified my team's Fighting weakness (Exca, Kyu-B both are weak, ZardX loses his resist after Megavolving, and while Scoli and Talonflame resist, they tend to get too worn out in the early/midgame to come in and stop those). I also currently have a problem with set-up sweepers, as Mandibuzz used to be my go-to counter/check for those with Foul Play and Whirlwind. Who do you guys suggest as a replacement for Ferro who can fill this hole in my team?

For set-up-sweepers, you could use Quagsire, a decent check to most set-up sweepers.
However, you could try a prankster/supporter, such as Kelfki with t-wave, sablye with WoW.
Intimidate users could make a decent check to physical set-ups such as bulky Gyrados, etc.

Idyll

i'm possessed the way I play my part
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Hi, after a few rounds of testing, Ferrothorn wasn't quite working out for me. Having him magnified my team's Fighting weakness (Exca, Kyu-B both are weak, ZardX loses his resist after Megavolving, and while Scoli and Talonflame resist, they tend to get too worn out in the early/midgame to come in and stop those). I also currently have a problem with set-up sweepers, as Mandibuzz used to be my go-to counter/check for those with Foul Play and Whirlwind. Who do you guys suggest as a replacement for Ferro who can fill this hole in my team?
Unaware Clefable?

I second Unaware Clefable, your team already has Poison/Steel resists built in, so its weaknesses are covered. Try a set with Max HP/Def with Calm Mind so you can come in on a boosted sweeper and turn them into setup bait. Clefable can also provide team support with Wish and Aromatherapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)