Tournaments ORAS OU Ladder Tournament I - Playoffs - Top 16 [$60 Prize Pool]

approved by Seasons
inspired by rbylt, op stolen from emma

Welcome to the first edition of the ORAS OU Ladder Tournament! The Hosts Ithi, Alpha1013, Akeras and myself are more than honoured to fulfil the wish of the community true and make this Tournament happen. With all the new inventions in ORAS OU from Smogon Premier League XV, the metagame is in a dynamic spot! The Ladder Portion of the Tournament is done, so lets introduce our qualifiers to the Playoff Stage!

1. orasz mind gaming- 1716 - mind gaming
2. orasz noname- 1715 - NoName6293
3. ORASZ Always- 1706 - Always!
4. ORASZ finchfan72 - 1701 - Vileman
5. orasz wd - 1700 - Water Drone
6. Orasz king - 1696 - kingofking8010
7. orasz bastard - 1695 - Typical_bastard
8. orasz playingforfun - 1689 - c0mp
9. ORASZ parika - 1689 - Paprikaflow
10. ORASZ RP - 1688 - RufflesPro
11. ORASZ chiharu - 1688 - Chiharu
12. orasz spooky - 1684 - SpookyZ
13. orasz foden - 1680 - Sergio Aguero
14. orasz Adri - 1672 - Adri
15. ORASZ Legitly - 1668 - LegitlyIzOP
16. orasz joey - 1637 - xray

Prize Money and Distribution
If you wish to be generous enough to donate to the prize pool please send a private message to dex, on discord for further details. His username is "correia."
Everyone who is kind enough to donate will be added to the Contributors unless wanting to remain anonymously.

Seasons -$25
Sylvi $20
xray - $15

General Tournament Rules
  • This is a standard ORAS OU tournament
  • Playoffs are Single Elimination, Best of Three, Top 16
    • It is going to be a Top 16 Single Elimination Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
    • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. Smogtours is mandatory for the entirety of playoffs.
    • Replays are required for all matches.
    • Activity calls will be made by the Hosts not playing in Playoffs or Tournament Director. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
    • In the event that something is added to or removed from the ORAS OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
    [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • General Rules
    • Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
      • Ghosting or being ghosted by another player (e.g. while playing a set, asking for advice about what plays to make)
      • Manipulating match outcomes (e.g. throwing a match in exchange for Prize Share)
    • Do not harass or insult your opponents. The Hosts reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.
MATCHUPS
1. mind gaming vs 16. xray
2. NoName6293 vs 15. LegitlyIzOP
3. Always! vs 14. Adri
4. Vileman vs 13. Sergio Aguero
5. Water Drone vs 12. SpookyZ
6. kingofking8010 vs 11 Chiharu
7. Typical_bastard vs 10. RufflesPro
8. c0mp vs 9. Paprikaflow

Deadline 6th of May 5 AM GMT +2.
Good luck to everyone!

Goodluck to everyone,

this is my predictions ~

1. Mind gaming vs xray : ~ I think it will be close they're both really close but xray have advantages in oras he knows better i feel and he will pull that one

2. NoName vs Legitly : ~ I think legitly is underdog in this matchup for sure, and i also believe he will have a really good shot to win the game but he might chock that's why i give NoName the win.

3. Always vs Adri : ~ the closest match i would say, anyone of them can get the W' but i'll go with my gut and say Always will win this.

4. Vileman vs Sergio Aguero : ~ this will go down as such an mu game between these two, but i think Sergio will get a good team for that game.

5. Water Drone vs Spooky : ~ i would say this is also an mu based game, but i think Spooky will get a lucky MU and he will play it well.

6. KingOfKings vs Chiharu : ~ this one will be weird, i think king will have a bad matchup but he will somehow play well and might take the win if Chiharu chokes. but i'll go with king on this one still.

7. Typical bastard vs RufflesPro : ~ for this game i'll go for RufflesPro he seems more favorable to win in this matchup and bastard have a chance to win if he change the teams he uses, but wouldn't bid on that alone though. So i'll just stick with my gut and bid on Ruffles.

8. c0mp vs Paprikaflow : ~ they're both my friends i know them really well, and i think c0mp will be in the finals in this tour if he didn't meet Spooky:quagchamppogsire: midway so i'll just go with c0mp for that one.

won ggs (i legit forgot to save the replays tho, sincere apologies, never really happened before)
s/o devin for the teams, and NoName6293 and Joya for tests, and RufflesPro for being a homie and being ever so nice w the schedule bro, yk the inside story dont spill it pls kek, ty
The Hosts decided, as Replays are mandatory:
Replay the round if you can't get the replays. If you need Extension, post the time which should be until 9th of May, Thursday 5AM GMT +2.
Typical_bastard , RufflesPro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)