ORAS "Above Use" Tournament (With Prize(s))

Status
Not open for further replies.
In celebration of the upcoming reboot of my channel, I decided to host a tournament, and I figured I'd look to advertise it here!

You know all those great Pokemon that are just too good for OU but struggle to ever see the light of day in Ubers? This tournament is all about them!

As I'm including Prize(s), I will not be competing in this tournament.

Right then, Enough Stalling:

Play Restrictions
Players must abide by the following clauses:
  • Smogon-wide Clauses.

• Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass. Furthermore, a Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass while also a move that boosts Speed and a move that boosts another stat.
Players cannot use the following items
  • Salamencite

• Soul Dew

• Blazikenite
To keep a clear Record of who is battling who, and who has been knocked out in this match elimination tournament (best of three per round) there will be a bracket system put into place with a loser’s bracket for a second shot.

AU Tier Pokemon

"Above Use"

Lucario-Mega

Mawile-Mega

Greninja

Kangaskhan-Mega

Landorus

Deoxys

Deoxys-D

Deoxys-S

Shaymin-S

Blaziken

Genesect

Giratina-O

Giratina

Palkia

Dialga

Gengar-Mega* (Suspected)

Aegislash* (suspected)

AU Tier can use anything in the tier and anything below.

Tournament Rules:

Show good sportsmanship

Games will be played on Pokemon Showdown

Games are 6v6 Singles format.

In the tournament, you may choose 6 Pokemon which cannot be swapped during the tournament. However, EVs/IVs/Items/Moves may be changed between rounds but not during. All moves/abilities/natures/etc must be legal.

The Winner will be able to claim a RBY Download Code.

If there are 16 or more players I’ll include a 2nd place prize and if 32+ a third place prize. Poll for the suggested prize(s) is currently ongoing on twitter.

16+ Member tournament: First Place 20 USD To preferred Gaming Network, Second Place: RBY Code

32+ Member: First Place 20 USD to preferred Gaming Network, Second Place: 20 USD to preferred Gaming Network Third Place: RBY Code

Prizes outside of the US will be determined if needed. (Possibly equal value via paypal or something.)

If interested in the Tournament, please leave a comment on this thread, on the Google doc, or comment via PM/tweet on Twitter/Youtube.

The tournament will be held August 1st 2016 at 2PM EST, 1 PM CST, 12 PM MST, 11 AM PST.

I will be casting the games and explain procedure once in a room on Pokemon Showdown.

No, you don't have to subscribe to me or follow me on twitter, but I'll never say no to new friends.

Good Luck!

Current Players: 1 (Outside Sources) 8 Total

Peli
Niadev
Melle2402
Skarmx2
Crestfall
Zbr
Quick note: I'll need your Showdown User Names so I can invite you to the room. Good Luck everyone!

Here's a template you can use with the joining:
Name: blazetemplar
Pokemon Showdown Name: blazetemplar

Last edited:
sounds good im down.
Perhaps it would be nice to leave a template? eg
Name: Skarmx2
Pokemon Showdown Name: Skarmx2

e: is this approved by a tour mod??

I imagine TDs will take this down (lol), but if my some reason not, I'm in
PS username is same as here
I hope not. :c I only have the best of intentions, so I'll admit I'd feel pretty bad if mods feel that this violates one thing or another, and if it does I'll work with them to fix the problem. I'm just wanting to host something fun for people and since it's a celebration I figured the prize thing was a great idea.

PS: Got it Crestfall ^^

PPS:
Is your Username the same on Showdown?

PPPS: (Wow that's crazy...But I'm trying to limit my posts.)
if $ is in, im in
Same username on Showdown?

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
This tournament has not been approved by anyone. Every tournament hosted needs to be approved by TDs before being posted in this forum, and cannot be posted unannounced like this has been. If you wish to host a tournament on Smogon, please read through and follow what is written here http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/unofficial-tournament-applications-schedule-read-me.3569352/

I have other reservations about tours with prizes (and how this appears to be structured), but if you still want to host a tournament feel free to apply for one (after reading the rules).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)