Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

That's pretty unusual, they all (except Slowpoke, seemingly?) have dex entries, even their gmax forms.

For example here's Mew's
Sword: It's very intelligent and can use an incredible variety of moves. Many believe that all other Pokémon are descendants of this one.
Shield: This mythical Pokémon is said to be extinct, but sightings of it are still being reported to this day.

These Mew's first brand new entries since Gen 3, even!

Guess they'll be used for the Armor & Crown dexes, at least
That's pretty interesting. I have a Mew in Shield and I haven't gotten a dex entry for it; my dex is still at 400.

That's pretty interesting. I have a Mew in Shield and I haven't gotten a dex entry for it; my dex is still at 400.
Wouldn't surprise me if R_N is right and they just implemented the entries while they were at it in order to have them ready by the time the DLC roll (or if they planned to introduce them via event, which is tecnically not impossible)

In addition, it's not quite 200. It's likely not much over that, but they stated each update will add over 100 Pokémon to the game. Again don't expect more than 210 or 220, but it's still pretty neat

Off topic from the current discussion, but in the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Games (Blue, in my case) there was a chance for a dual-typed Pokemon's stats to "grow explosively" when, while in its Friend Area, is fed a Gummi that matches one of its types and is super effective against the other. Has anyone ever figured out at what rate this actually happens?

Off topic from the current discussion, but in the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Games (Blue, in my case) there was a chance for a dual-typed Pokemon's stats to "grow explosively" when, while in its Friend Area, is fed a Gummi that matches one of its types and is super effective against the other. Has anyone ever figured out at what rate this actually happens?
Oh yes, ZappedAmpharos on Discord/Gamefaqs noted how Gummis work
Basically the Gummi boosts your IQ based on the color type coverage
Same == 7points
Super effective against you = 4 points
Neutral = 3
Not effective = 2
Barely effective (In MD there's no type immunity) = 1
Now for Rescue Team they never considered that this would also benefit Dual types *more*, since it factors the type separately
So say you give a Clear Gummi (Ice) to Articuno. That's 7 due to Ice stab, + 4 due to Ice > Flying
In Explorers this was fixed, with the game simply using the highest points for 1 type
As for boosting the stat for all, it's always in the Friend area, never in the dungeon. And even then, it's kind of random

Last edited:
I posted this to a PMD discord and one user (ShinxHijinx) looked into it a little. Now all we got was empirical data, no mining involved, so these numbers could be a little wrong or have an extra formula or something, but -

Using Sonikku A 's list of values above, the data suggests that any Gummi fed to a Pokemon who gets 9 or higher IQ from it (only achievable if the gummi is used on a dual-type Pokemon where the gummi matches one type and is not an immunity of the other - ex. A ground gummi on Gligar wouldn't work as it gets 7 from ground matching Gligar's ground type but then 1 from flying being immune to ground, giving it a total of 8) has a chance to receive the explosive boost.

It's possible that the explosive boost may in fact be possible on other combinations, or may have a formula where it gets less likely the fewer IQ points you get, but we haven't tested that.

ShinxHijinx then ran 1000 sample tests on feeding a Water gummi to Quagsire (which matches your description of one matching type and one type on which the gummi is super effective) and got 82 explosive boosts, or about an 8% probability.

Not sure if the right place to ask this - how do official VGC streams even capture the footage from DSes and 3DSes? Competitors have to bring their own systems and surely TPC doesn't just have capture cards lying around, do they?

Do we know the evolution markers for Cosmoem in Gen 8 yet? In Gen 7 its evolution was determined by which game it was in; is that the same for SwSh?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In that case, which game sets off which evolution?
Looked and looks like Solgaleo is for Sword and Lunala for Shield. If you look at their Abilities it does make sense, Solgaleo's prevents stat reductions (primarily would be Attack) while Lunala halves damage when its at full HP (a much more defensive Ability).

HOWEVER there's really no official confirmation oddly, and honestly I don't see why they should be kept version exclusive when they could just have it be time based.

Not sure if the right place to ask this - how do official VGC streams even capture the footage from DSes and 3DSes? Competitors have to bring their own systems and surely TPC doesn't just have capture cards lying around, do they?
I need to pull up footage to be sure but I believe they have a special set up to display the footage. You can see both consoles hooked up to....something. I presume that this is special video-out dev tools that places would use to get high quality screenshots and footage without needing to mod every single system to have a capture card.

You actually see similar stuff in use for the Switch for handheld footage at, for example, treehouse lives.

I need to pull up footage to be sure but I believe they have a special set up to display the footage. You can see both consoles hooked up to....something. I presume that this is special video-out dev tools that places would use to get high quality screenshots and footage without needing to mod every single system to have a capture card.

You actually see similar stuff in use for the Switch for handheld footage at, for example, treehouse lives.
I'd be very curious as to how such a tool works. Ultimately there's data flowing from the processor to the screen(s) and this needs to be 'intercepted' somehow. It doesn't naturally flow to any of the ports so where would such a tool even be plugged into?

I'd be very curious as to how such a tool works. Ultimately there's data flowing from the processor to the screen(s) and this needs to be 'intercepted' somehow. It doesn't naturally flow to any of the ports so where would such a tool even be plugged into?
Judging by the screens I'm seeing, they plug into the port on the top of the 3DS and then that feeds into another device

In previous years (the one above is from 2019 & 2018 respectively, they both feed into the same device with the same set up) that second device was actually a giant box so they seemingly refined it over time.

Is the term "Eternamax" for Eternatus's alternate form mentioned in-game? Or is it from datamining? Or is it fan-made?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)