Rejected - Inactive Option for Showdown generated team during a “tournaments” room tournament

Surfy

is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Whenever there is a tournament in the “tournaments” room, I think it would be useful if there was an option to have a team generated for you, similar to how it is done for RandBats, battle factory, etc. This would be useful for those players that either don’t have a team for a specific meta or are unable to locate sample teams. This would obviously apply to main tiers (Ubers, OU, UU, etc.) as this functionality current exists for randomized metas, as mentioned earlier.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
So that now the people will no longer blame the hax, they will blame Showdown for giving them a bad team :psycry:

I suggest using sample teams for the tiers you're not familiar with, they'll help you much more than randomly-generated teams (and you'll nearly always obtain these sample teams by asking in the format chatrooms or using the /tier command).

Not that I oppose it (I wouldn't be making use of it anyway), but it just seems like something that could be also solved with the randpoke command or with sites like https://pyrotoz.com/ , I'm not certain that it's needed on PS as it kind of defeats the purpose of knowing what's in your team & how it works, which is crucial for non-random metagames. In my opinion this kind of feature would do more harm than good to the newer players who try to get into competitive

Surfy

is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
That is a fair point. I was just looking at it from a participation standpoint as the random tourneys always get bigger player counts than not. Thanks for the response!

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
That is a fair point. I was just looking at it from a participation standpoint as the random tourneys always get bigger player counts than not. Thanks for the response!
There's also nothing stopping the Tournaments room staff from hosting more randomized formats if they want those player counts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)