On Knife's Edge

Thanx for your feedback everyone ^^

If enough people enjoy reading my Warstories I will continue to write more, however I have recently received some mixed opinions about my style of battling... Whilst some people find my battles entertaining, others regard me as a 'noob' and therefore believe that my battles are a waste of space, so I'm not really sure where to go from here.

But I guess that's how life goes sometimes.
I'm pretty sure there are more people who like your Warstories rather than dislike them. Overall, the posts here are saying you are good and we want more. :) It just happened that you are better than those "others" you were talking about. Don't give up just yet, make more and you'll see.

If enough people enjoy reading my Warstories I will continue to write more, however I have recently received some mixed opinions about my style of battling... Whilst some people find my battles entertaining, others regard me as a 'noob' and therefore believe that my battles are a waste of space, so I'm not really sure where to go from here.

But I guess that's how life goes sometimes.
Of course we enjoy reading them. There's a difference between giving constructive criticism and being mean. Just ignore the latter and continue taking advice from what the majority of us suggest and keep on posting your battles. Personally, i love your battles and would like to hear more from you :D

I remember the first time I saw manetric in Ou. (heck you may have been that guy) I was thinking to myself "manetric?! WTH what can it possibly do to my team?". And that about when it completely decimated my team with it's really annoying choice scarf set... And the fact I forgot it got fire moves.Soon After that battle I made many teams using it and has served me quite well. Though I will admit the only nitch it really has are choice sets but it does that one thing REALLY well!

Nice battle, close and fun to read ^^.

But seeing as I am a cross tier trainer myself, I have to ask what kind of set you're using on Feraligatr. I used him alot and even have one in game and I have feeling you're using the dragon dance set, which you should not be using in OU, as it is severely outclassed by Gyarados. The swords dance set is much stronger and separates him from Gyarados, giving him a niche. The set goes 252 atk, 252 speed jolly, aqua jet, waterfall, return and swords dance. Its walled by Jellicent and Empoleon, so change return if you need some other coverage or don't want to be walled by these two.

I'm only trying to give some constructive feedback, please disregard this if your Feraligatr serves a special purpose with those moves ;).

@Uvood

Na I use the Swords Dance Set however I run Adamant Nature over Jolly =P - (Lefts) SD/ Aqua Jet/ Ice Punch/ Super Power, which I feel gives Feraligatr a particular niche over other water types as it isn't stop dead by Ferrothorn. Yea, sometimes a more powerful Waterfall would come in handy but Ice Punch is a crucial to hit Dragons (super-effectively), Super Power is a must for Ferrothorn and Aqua Jet is for that stab priority, which is great late game against teams such as sand teams - Landorus/Tyranitar/Gliscor/Terrakion for example all being Aqua Jet weak. Your set looks nice too though, Water + Normal only being walled by Empoleon + Shedninja last gen if I remember correctly, however this gen it is also walled by the common Jellicent + Ferrothorn. I feel that Super Power is really useful on Feraligatr but of course with the correct team support such as Magnezone, Return + Stab Water Moves could work just as well ^-^

Yea I would love to use the Dragon Dance Set too - (LO) Dragon Dance/ Ice Fang/ Waterfall/ Crunch but Sheer Force Feraligatr isn't released yet ;-;

Anyway thanx for your feedback and I appreciate you trying to help me out ^^

Ps. we should battle sometime lol

@Uvood

Na I use the Swords Dance Set however I run Adamant Nature over Jolly =P - (Lefts) SD/ Aqua Jet/ Ice Punch/ Super Power, which I feel gives Feraligatr a particular niche over other water types as it isn't stop dead by Ferrothorn. Yea, sometimes a more powerful Waterfall would come in handy but Ice Punch is a crucial to hit Dragons (super-effectively), Super Power is a must for Ferrothorn and Aqua Jet is for that stab priority, which is great late game against teams such as sand teams - Landorus/Tyranitar/Gliscor/Terrakion for example all being Aqua Jet weak. Your set looks nice too though, Water + Normal only being walled by Empoleon + Shedninja last gen if I remember correctly, however this gen it is also walled by the common Jellicent + Ferrothorn. I feel that Super Power is really useful on Feraligatr but of course with the correct team support such as Magnezone, Return + Stab Water Moves could work just as well ^-^

Yea I would love to use the Dragon Dance Set too - (LO) Dragon Dance/ Ice Fang/ Waterfall/ Crunch but Sheer Force Feraligatr isn't released yet ;-;

Anyway thanx for your feedback and I appreciate you trying to help me out ^^

Ps. we should battle sometime lol
Won't turn down a challenge :), though my OU teams are really bad, all of them end up being way to defensive, which makes them set up bait for all the dangerous set up sweepers that exists in the tier. Typing wise, the teams are good, but for them to work, it needs real good prediction to prevent set ups. I have only one team that has been somewhat succesful, which I'll use against you if we end up battling :). Perhaps you could help me make an effective OU team ;).

And Feraligatr with Sheer force not being realeased yet makes me a sad panda T_T. Come on GF, let the awesomeness enter the field!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)