Tournament OMPL VI - Week 3

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by h_n_g_m_n
Other Metagames Premier League VI
- Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoff | Finals -
- Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays & Usage Stats -
Discussion Thread
How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. Bo3 USUM Anything Goes
  2. USUM Anything Goes
  3. USUM Balanced Hackmons
  4. Bo5 USUM 1v1
  5. USUM Mix and Mega
  6. USUM Almost Any Ability
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in whichthe round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks, after which the team with the most points will go directly to the final round. Week 8 will be a Playoff round between the second and third placed team to decide who will be the other finalist. Week 9 will be the grand finale. Note that this schedule is subject to tiebreakers (explained below)​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since Anything Goes is likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is left upto the players' discretion.​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM E4 Flint on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, in exactly the same order as laid out above. I will post instructions about sending the lineup for next week later this week.​

Matchups
The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [2][4] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin vs HunterStorm
USUM Anything Goes: iLlama vs DonnotheFirst
USUM Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner vs morogrim
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Freddy Kyogre vs Joker 1v1
USUM Mix and Mega: shiloh vs Akashi
USUM Almost Any Ability: tzop vs Sabella

The Buyer Bewears
(ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab) - [5][1] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs Paycard
USUM Anything Goes: Pigeons vs bdov
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs Disciple_1
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra vs Magma
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Zesty43
USUM Almost Any Ability: Bushtush vs martha

The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [3][3] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Charmflash vs Hamhamhamham
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak vs Mysterious M (sub 1)
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs highlighter
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace vs The Dark Alakazam
USUM Mix and Mega: Arifeen (sub 1) vs Chazm
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax vs Cookiekins

The Hotshot Honchkrows
(Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [2][4] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Catalystic vs GarbodorIsHot
USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break vs WTF THHE STALLS
USUM Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs Halliday
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UBERLandon21 vs Kentari
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 vs In The Hills
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sylveon. vs TheCoastsOfToast

---
If I made any errors, I apologize in advance and request you to please let me know asap via this thread, VM, PM or through discord!
---

Last edited:

Skarpherim

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
AG predicts:
Fardin vs HunterStorm - left side on the impossible games to pick
iLlama vs DonnotheFirst
PurpleGatorade
vs Paycard - ^^
Pigeons vs bdov
Charmflash vs Hamhamhamham - ham will miss 3 edges
Garay Oak vs DontStealMyPenguin
Holy Break vs WTF THHE STALLS - rooting for u my guy

some good old predicts

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade vs Paycard - this is quite the game for the ag players, but paycard has this
USUM Anything Goes: Pigeons vs bdov - this is free.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs Disciple_1- 2 randoms but Gurpreet Patel is a good memer
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra vs Magma - sorry osra but magma was on my 1v1pl team xdxd
USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Zesty43 - could go either way, depends on whether MultiAmmiratore's aimbot is programmed already thou otherwise this is free.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Bushtush vs martha - bush is a big one but martha can meme to win

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Charmflash vs Hamhamhamham - u should win otherwise ur free.
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak vs DontStealMyPenguin - cant see u losing this one.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs highlighter - just the better bh player in general
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace vs The Dark Alakazam - trace could pull it off but dark has the experience going for him
USUM Mix and Mega: Anty vs Chazm - unfort anty would need alot of prep to handle chazm
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax vs Cookiekins- lax is my dad.

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Catalystic vs GarbodorIsHot - dunno u
USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break vs WTF THHE STALLS - after beating fardin, this guy probably thinks he has the momentum, end him.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs Halliday - only supporting mamp cuz he made averagemons
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UBERLandon21 vs Kentari - i only support team mates
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 vs In The Hills - lol imagine In the hills winning a ompl game
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sylveon. vs TheCoastsOfToast - ur one of the 2 aaa players in this whole tour. this is free.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
100% correct bh predicts one week running, time for round two

The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [2.5][3.5] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin vs HunterStorm: hunter is rly good
USUM Anything Goes: iLlama vs DonnotheFirst: llama has the skill to potentially win this, but the odds are in donno's favor here
USUM Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner vs morogrim: volt will hate me for this but imo moro is just the more skilled player, even if he doesn't have the momentum on his side
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Freddy Kyogre vs Joker 1v1: freddy has been doing very well this ompl
USUM Mix and Mega: shiloh vs Akashi: i don't even know what to say here
USUM Almost Any Ability: tzop vs Sabella: i underestimated the esteemed roomtour master™ tzop at first but he got a good win last week. on the other hand his opp is also very good

The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [2][4] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Charmflash vs Hamhamhamham: although he haxed last round this guy does know his way around ag. charmflash made it to ost quarterfinals or something crazy so he's definitely good at mons, but i haven't seen him prove his worth in ag yet
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak vs DontStealMyPenguin: my man got the momentum
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs highlighter: i think hl is the best bh player in this tour, bar none. rust is not an issue for him, and he just brings good teams in general.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace vs The Dark Alakazam: the hidden 1v1 master
USUM Mix and Mega: Anty vs Chazm: haven't seen anty play, while chazm is just good in general
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax vs Cookiekins: everyone is saying lax is rly good, but tbh i'm not sure about all the hype

The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [2.5][3.5] - The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Catalystic vs GarbodorIsHot: cata is very good but skarpherim has been on a roll. could go either way though
USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break vs WTF THHE STALLS: both are at about the same level imo
USUM Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs Halliday: this game will be EXTREMELY wild and i honestly have no idea how it will play out. highlight bh match right here
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UBERLandon21 vs Kentari: absolute madman right here
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 vs In The Hills: 3 unknown predicts in a single matchup might look weird but both of these players are pretty unknown to me, from my knowledge they're decent at playing but haven't had much tour exp
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sylveon. vs TheCoastsOfToast: tcot is underrated but sylveon is a v consistent player

USUM Mix and Mega: shiloh vs Akashi
One random vs one aimbot user. Luckiest wins ig.

USUM Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Zesty43
This battle should be heated - neither of them have a particular playstyle and can opt to counterteam eachother in any way. Gonna be a tough one for either to win, but I'm voting for Multi in the case that Zesty forgets Sacred Sword is a thing.
USUM Mix and Mega: Arifeen vs Chazm
I'm pretty confident here. Should be aligned with QT's standard building style but since Arifeen has never played me before I don't think I would be outplayed here.
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 vs In The Hills
This might just come down to team structure, but I feel as if Andyboy has the slight edge when playing but In The Hills has a lot more creativity when it comes to playing.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
1v1 predicts because why not, and notifications.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Freddy Kyogre vs Joker 1v1, Grudge match from the recent 1v1 PL, predicting Joker will win with something stupid and end up tilting Freddy unless Freddy builds new teams, for once
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra vs Magma, as much as I like the aesthetic of Team Magma, the Earth and all its inhabitants are made up of mostly water.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace vs The Dark Alakazam, my boi
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UBERLandon21 vs Kentari, HOT MATCH. Predicting landon to either clean sweep or almost win but then lose by doing something horribly stupid.

Ag and MnM
Fardin vs hunterstorm: really really tight set gonna go with fardin because I think he's been waiting for this for about a year and I expect nice builds.
Lama vs Donno: i think Donno is far more familiar with the meta would not count out lama but Im fairly confident donno has this
Shiloh vs Akashi: Fardin can build him a team and he's really good at playing the game barring extreme hax should claim the win
Charmflash vs Ham: Zard will be building teams which gives anyone a shot i just dont know if it will make up for the lack of experience in this swanky tier
Garay vs Dsmp: Garay is quite good in whatever tier he's put in this will be his 3rd week in Ag i just expect him to get better every week
Arifeen vs chazm: will be interesting to see what qt builds but the longer the game goes i think the more chazm's experience will show
Cata vs skarph: I think both are really good players cata is a bit less predictable but I have really liked skarph's teams thus far really don't know about this one
Hb vs Stalls: stalls is coming off a huge win and a really solid prep in general, I dont think you can prep for Hb though and its a Bo1 which i think gives the slight edge to Hb
Andy vs hills: Andy is too hot right now and thats all there is to it

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)