Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
And trumpets.
TRUMPETS RULEZ!!!!111!1!111!

You can check my description for my team. My AS team, which I'm getting first, is a recreation of my original team, with two replacements. Since I no longer do two of the same type on a team, I took out Torkoal for Whismur (boomburst yo) and removed my favorite of Seedot for Aron, one of my pokemon that became a favorite after my first playthrough of gen 3. Torchic was my original starter, Swablu one of my favs, lotad an early love, and Electrike my favorite pokemon in the generation (minus Torchic).

On my second team, I wanted to use Treecko (my second fav starter) but wanted to use Shiftry more, so I went with Mudkip instead. Looking through ones that can learn fly, I used a Flygon recently, already have a water type (no pelliper) and only want gen 3 pokes so Taillow it was. I needed more early game mons and never really used a Ralts and, now that he's fairy and has a mega, I wanted to try him out. Same goes for Makuhita in that I liked him but never tried him out, so I'll use him here. Lastly, dusclops interests me. I always liked Duskull but never really used him much, and now that Eviolite Dusclops is a thing I thought that would be fun to use in-game (still not sure if I'll fully evolve it.

I've got names planned out and everything, I just can't WAIT for this game!

Flames II the Torchic
Miror C the Lotad
POW Block the Whismur
Ruff the Electrike
Metalgame the Aron
Nimbus the Swablu

Skipper the Mudkip
Twitchy the Taillow (who gets the reference? Not TPP)
Stick Ninja the Seedot
Guardian the Ralts
Slammer the Makuhita
Tula the Duskull
I haven't thought about nicknames... For the most part I use Gym Leaders so if I get a Male Gardy I'm screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may not be the place to post this (so I apologize in advance), but I've been wanting to try out a battle with this team with the moveset it would most likely have by the end of the game against someone else who has a planned in-game team (that means no speed boost blaziken, HM moves such as fly and surf, etc) just to see how the teams would fair. Would anyone be interested in having a battle or two on showdown with their planned in-game team just for fun?

All I want for these remakes is a Mega Evolution for Masquerain with Prankster ability.. Imagine priority Quiver Dance, Sticky Web, Defog, Baton Pass, Roost, Agility, Whirlwind, Defog etc.. Awesomeness.

Anyway.. Uber excited for this. This is the gen where Abilities, Natures and traits were introduced..

All I want for these remakes is a Mega Evolution for Masquerain with Prankster ability.. Imagine priority Quiver Dance, Sticky Web, Defog, Baton Pass, Roost, Agility, Whirlwind, Defog etc.. Awesomeness.

Anyway.. Uber excited for this. This is the gen where Abilities, Natures and traits were introduced..
I'm going to laugh if GF rebuffs weather.

Baseless speculation: Kyogre and Groudon's new forms give them new versions of Drizzle and Drought that bring back eternal weather.

This may not be the place to post this (so I apologize in advance), but I've been wanting to try out a battle with this team with the moveset it would most likely have by the end of the game against someone else who has a planned in-game team (that means no speed boost blaziken, HM moves such as fly and surf, etc) just to see how the teams would fair. Would anyone be interested in having a battle or two on showdown with their planned in-game team just for fun?
Honestly I think you'd be hard-pressed to come up with a team that you couldn't beat the main game with, so avoid a 6-wurmple run and you're golden.

Because if you have it on it makes you way too overpowered and overlevelled the whole game.
I prefer it for use after you've beaten the game. Makes levelling so much easier for training your competitive 'mon.

Because if you have it on it makes you way too overpowered and overlevelled the whole game.
I prefer it for use after you've beaten the game. Makes levelling so much easier for training your competitive 'mon.
What's wrong with being OP? On my Pokémon Y games I've been about 7 levels above everything and I've still had some troubles.

Problem with being OP is that it takes the challenge away when you just OHKO everything when you're 20 levels higher. Makes things boring.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Why do people hate the Exp. Share soooooo much?
For me, as I said earlier, it's not that I hate it, it is just that using it through the main history ruins your fun so much, making you just using one Pokemon almost always as the other 5 gain exp. without doing anything. Also, wrong EVs being transferred to other party Pokemon really suck.

Based on canon, it'd be nearly impossible to insert new megas in the story. XY specifically states that megas only exist in Kalos, and it occurs years after r/s supposedly happen. Post game and events can probably ignore that, but GF rarely violates the cross generation story like that

Based on canon, it'd be nearly impossible to insert new megas in the story. XY specifically states that megas only exist in Kalos, and it occurs years after r/s supposedly happen. Post game and events can probably ignore that, but GF rarely violates the cross generation story like that
I don't know; something tells me they'd prefer sales and marketing over keeping continuity in check.
Besides, it's not completely inconceivable that other regions discovered mega stones and whatnot.

I agree. Steven will give you a Mega Stone for your starter at the end, when you beat him at Meteor Falls. And for all people who will say "Megas for Swampert and Sceptile can't be added because they weren't in the code" they could always "confirm" Mega-Lati@s and make a patch to fix their sprites while adding the data for Mega Swampert and Sceptile and their Mega Stones.

The Hoenn canon is actually remarkably open to the introduction of new Mega pokemon, between Steven and the Red and Blue (and Jade) orbs. Just because the mutation first occurred in Kalos says nothing about it happening elsewhere afterwards. Like the Fairy-type, I suspect that in most cases, it just hasn't been discovered yet, and the discovery in Kalos will set the ball rolling world-wide.

I wouldn't be so quick to try to establish a timeline, either, as concurrent games typically occur within similar time periods, so it is actually fairly likely that the events of Kalos occur at the same time as those of Kanto and Hoenn.

I agree. Steven will give you a Mega Stone for your starter at the end, when you beat him at Meteor Falls. And for all people who will say "Megas for Swampert and Sceptile can't be added because they weren't in the code" they could always "confirm" Mega-Lati@s and make a patch to fix their sprites while adding the data for Mega Swampert and Sceptile and their Mega Stones.
I feel like Gamefreak can always come back around and say "Suddenly mega stones were discovered in the Hoenn region" and go from there. It would be kind of cool, to me, if when you meet Steven in Dewford Cave, he asks what starter you chose and gives you the appropriate mega stone. This is just a baseless and hopeful speculation however.

I feel like Gamefreak can always come back around and say "Suddenly mega stones were discovered in the Hoenn region" and go from there. It would be kind of cool, to me, if when you meet Steven in Dewford Cave, he asks what starter you chose and gives you the appropriate mega stone. This is just a baseless and hopeful speculation however.
I don't think you should choose which stone, as everyone will probably choose the Blazikenite.

The Hoenn canon is actually remarkably open to the introduction of new Mega pokemon, between Steven and the Red and Blue (and Jade) orbs. Just because the mutation first occurred in Kalos says nothing about it happening elsewhere afterwards. Like the Fairy-type, I suspect that in most cases, it just hasn't been discovered yet, and the discovery in Kalos will set the ball rolling world-wide.

I wouldn't be so quick to try to establish a timeline, either, as concurrent games typically occur within similar time periods, so it is actually fairly likely that the events of Kalos occur at the same time as those of Kanto and Hoenn.
Except there is an established time line, it goes gen 1/gen 3, gen 2/gen 4 2 years later, then gen 5 after that, and gen 6 at least 2 years later (occurs after b2w2), and they've never violated that.

To be fair, the only time they've gone back in time is with the original ruby sapphire, but it's been confirmed canon.

But still, I don't see the mascots getting megas because it'll require GF to violate both the established canon of the original games, and the overarching canon of the series. There could be some lame, post game scene with Stephen or something where he gives you the mega bracelet and tells you "The orbs are actually mega stones!", but it definitely won't be part of the story

Hopefully someone posts while I'm typing this, because the edit button's not working for some reason.

On the same line of the mascots probably not getting megas during the story, I'm not sure the other two starters will get megas at all. I have my reasons for saying this, but could someone give me a list of reasons they think sceptile and swampert WILL get megas?

One reason is because it wouldn't be consistent. Blaziken being the only Hoenn starter to get a mega is kinda a strange move. Starters are usually equal so why does only he get the advantage? It would also be a great marketing point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)