OM Mashup Megathread

[23:49:06] New Old Competitor: which PH team should I post, my double don team or my new one?
[23:51:00] League Tester: new one
[23:51:30] New Old Competitor: rip, I like that team, but okay

PH Double MMX Balance

The teambuilding process was fairly simple: I built around two Mewtwo's and a defensive WG core. Originally, it featured a neat little Pokemon in Swampert, but I ended up replacing it with STag Scarf PDon for the ability to take out opposing Alolan Muk's, and replaced my STag Mewtwo with another Huge Power one, and gave it a Scarf to rkill more stuff. Another funny thing was that Giratina initially didn't have recovery. Oops.

Just posting this so there can actually be a sample team for PH. This is my first post in this thread, so hopefully there will be more.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I have two sample teams to send out. One of them is mine, the other one belongs to Disciple_1. He wanted me to post his team here as well.

Disciple_1's team

The deal with this team is simple. You have two Wonder Guard Pokemon who either resist or are immune to Photon Geyser and Moongeist Beam at the same time with them being Mega Sableye and Meloetta. These two are walls designed to support with hazard or status recovery, nerf physically offensive Pokemon with King's Shield (MMX often hates this), and either pivot or steal. Mega Sableye has Spectral Thief to steal the stats of Pokemon that just try setting up, especially in front of it. The team also has Magic Bounce Giratina which in his case is an incredibly bulky defogger used to bounce back hazards when played right. When it's not threatened a significant amount and its HP is high it can also use Curse just to wear down the opposing Pokemon and pressure them to switch. You have your two typical offense Pokemon, Mewtwo-Mega-X and Mewtwo-Mega-Y who just plow through as many things as possible. Mewtwo-Mega-X just barrages everything through the coverage of its four offense moves including its STAB Photon Geyser*. Mewtwo-Mega-Y is able to do the same after using Quiver Dance and making sure Wonder Guards aren't a threat to it. Protean Mewtwo-Mega-Y usually carries various plates in order to imposterproof itself (Spooky Plate) or counter common Wonder Guard Pokemon (Earth Plate, Flame Plate). Mewtwo-Mega-Y in this case targets Alolan Muk and possibly Primal Groudon. The final Pokemon to discuss on this team is the Mold Breaker Primal Groudon which can immediately become a threat after using Shell Smash once. Disciple_1 had it carry Bolt Strike in order to effectively deal with Water-type Pokemon, as they resist V-Create and might survive Judgment. Judgment is a strange case for this team. I presume Earth Plate Judgment is used on Primal Groudon as an attempt to softly imposterproof itself. However, this is mostly just effective under no set up. Judgment can also be used to penetrate through the Special Defense of Pokemon that are Fur Coat or just physically bulky, enabling a higher chance for it to one shot. I'd be really careful using this Groudon-Primal on the field if your opponent has a Chansey. There isn't much of an imposterproof for this set but it'll be really effective after the Chansey are gone. (Mewtwos and Wonder Guards able to take care of this situation to help pdon prepare)

*Mewtwo-Mega-X might also want to run Play Rough over Drain Punch so that it can hit certain Dark-type Pokemon easier. Drain Punch is a great STAB move that'd help get better KOs and good recovery but Play Rough is better for hitting a wider range of Pokemon.

Scepterrain

This team is one I built around being able to successfully use Psychic Terrain. The lead for this team is Mega Sceptile. I chose this as the Psychic Terrain lead for two big reasons. The first being that it's fast and the second being its Grass-type, which is immune to Spore. Mega Sceptile's speed allows it to pivot much easier and sacrifice itself whenever it feels the urge to with Destiny Bond. I gave it King's Shield for the hopes of being able to slice the attack of Mewtwo-Mega-X in half, but it's a gamble since it may use Photon Geyser instead. The last move is
Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom, which is a surprise attack used only on the case of facing a Mewtwo-Mega-X or Mewtwo-Mega-Y with chipped HP, whether it's by Pursuit on Alolan Muk or by Mewtwo's attacks. On this team, instead of your usual two Wonder Guards this team only has one, and it's all this team needs. Alolan Muk helps imposterproof the team to a large extent due to its typing and can wither down Huge Power Mewtwo-Mega-X with a combination of King's Shield and Will-o-Wisp. It's immune to Psychic and resists Ghost, helping the entire team become able to defend against two out of three of the Mold Breaker attacks right away. Muk may have a bit of trouble with Sunsteel Strike since without any nerf it 2HKOs, but after using Will-o-Wisp and King's Shield it should be fine. If it is still threatened assuming your team is still fairly healthy you can switch into Innards Out Chansey, which gets OHKOed by a majority of physical attacks made by Pokemon in the metagame. This allows your threat to get OHKOed as well and you'll be able to continue your match more safely. This team carries both Mega Mewtwos who serve purposes highly similar to Disciple_1's team. The only differences are that different Pokemon are targeted. Mewtwo-Mega-Y targets Mega Scizor in this case to keep Alolan Muk safe from a Pokemon with Imposter. Mewtwo-Mega-X on this team in return for losing STAB is more prepared for Wonder Guard Swampert, which may survive a Photon Geyser. The final thing this team has is Choice Scarf Imposter Chansey, which is only used to scout the movepool of opposing Pokemon and prevent sweeps, which is much easier with a Choice Scarf since it doesn't have to risk a speed tie. In this meta, Imposter speed ties can be more crucial due to the opposing Pokemon likely able to sweep otherwise via OHKO, set up, or Huge/Pure Power. Imposter Chansey's movepool is based off methods of trying to stop sweeps as much as possible having both Whirlwind and Haze (Haze is in case it's against a Magic Bounce Pokemon). Innards Out Chansey's set is a bit weird as it carries both Stealth Rock and Defog. I don't believe the team is in great need of a defogger so I decided to give it to Chansey instead of Alolan Muk to help Muk fend against Mewtwo-Mega-X more efficiently. Since Pokemon will often be scared of attacking it, it can also be given a free turn to use Defog if it's sent out and there are any hazards. The same can go for Stealth Rock, which can greatly be used to break Focus Sash.

Forgive me for this gargantuan-sized post on literally two teams.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Added a couple of samples to Pure Hackmons courtesy of NOC Unlucky 13, Ransei, and Disciple_1
Also updated a bunch of the code for tours, as it turns out adding the "Standard Doubles" rule doesn't actually make something doubles :(

STABmons LC:
No changes yet just a set.

Wynaut @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 212 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Stored Power

1) Remove Dark types via teammates
2) Trap something you can set up on
3) Set up on said thing
4) Stored Power everything to death
I can honestly see this becoming very problematic in time thanks to Shadow Tag. I haven't investigated fully what it can set up on, which will probably be the deciding factor.
This replay shows how this set can work well, I think. It successfully removes a Diglett from turn 1 and switches in and removes a Munchlax later on in the match.

I think this show how A) Wynaut has the bulk to effectively trap and beat common Pokemon including things that are not purely defensive and B) Wynaut does not need to sweep immediately to successfully dismantle opposing teams.

I would personally not be opposed to a quickban of Shadow Tag (which would naturally allow for a Gothita unban) but I want to hear from other people. As to why Shadow Tag > Wynaut, in this meta the answer to the question "Is every Shadow Tag user banworthy?" would be yes (presuming Wynaut is banworthy). Gothita and Wynaut are also explicitly only notable for this ability.

I feel like I'm making a lot of changes to metas without ladders in a short period of time, but this really is a very cancerous set, and seems to make the meta borderline unplayable without warping your entire team around it.

EDIT: Arena Trap and Shadow Tag weren't banned in AAA Ubers due to an oversight. They have now been banned. Thanks NOC Unlucky 13 for pointing this out

Last edited:
I want to talk about a set in AAA Ubers.

xerneas.png
fairiumz.png

Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Rest
- Ingrain

I think that this is a huge threat in the AAA Ubers mashup.
It has close to no counters and is extremely hard to revenge kill.

252+ Atk
800-dm.png
Sunsteel Strike vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def
716.png
: 206-246 (45.2 - 54%) -- 41.4% chance to 2HKO

I admit it,
716.png
does take a lot from that, but you can chip
800-dm.png
by stuff like Shadow Claw Extreme Killer.

+3 0 SpA Fairy Aura
716.png
Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD
598.png
: 138-163 (39.2 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Look at this calc:

252+ Atk
383-p.png
vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def
716.png
: 136-162 (29.8 - 35.6%) -- 27.6% chance to 3HKO

It means that after
716.png
uses the move Rest, it has a 72.3% chance to wake up after 2 turns, use a move that isn't Rest, and stay alive so it can use Rest after and repeat the process.

252+ SpA
1529593893340.png
Overheat vs. +3 248 HP / 0 SpD
1529593903712.png
in Harsh Sunshine: 160-189 (35.1 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Overheat won't help as
1529593909384.png
will still beat
1529593931271.png
in the end.

+3 0 SpA Tinted Lens
1529593963862.png
Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD
1529593968793.png
: 248-294 (61.3 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

1529593981041.png
won't take long to KO
1529593968793.png
when it does that much damage.

801.png
just Heart Swaps away the boosts at the second turn in which
1529593981041.png
uses Geomancy.

As for other
Steel.png
types, they suck, so..

If you managed to weaken
1529593981041.png
, then Aerilate
384.png
can revenge kill it with Extreme Speed, but it can if not usually is very hard to weaken
1529593981041.png
enough for that to happen.
The same goes for
386a.png
with Extreme Speed but there's 2 things about it: First, it's bad. Second, it's not strong enough to do enough damage 90% of the time.

That's all of the counterplay that there is to this set, and besides that, there's nothing else, any team without any of those will lose to this
1529593981041.png
easily.

I think that this Pokemon with this set is S+ rank worthy (assuming Rayquaza is S rank with Aerilate).

I'd like to see more people discuss this mashup as it's a really fun one

Attachments

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
I want to talk about a set in AAA Ubers.

View attachment 123115 View attachment 123116
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Rest
- Ingrain

I think that this is a huge threat in the AAA Ubers mashup.
It has close to no counters and is extremely hard to revenge kill.

252+ Atk View attachment 123129 Sunsteel Strike vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def View attachment 123118: 206-246 (45.2 - 54%) -- 41.4% chance to 2HKO

I admit it, View attachment 123118 does take a lot from that, but you can chip View attachment 123129 by stuff like Shadow Claw Extreme Killer.

+3 0 SpA Fairy Aura View attachment 123118 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD View attachment 123139: 138-163 (39.2 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Look at this calc:

252+ Atk View attachment 123117 vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def View attachment 123118: 136-162 (29.8 - 35.6%) -- 27.6% chance to 3HKO

It means that after View attachment 123119 uses the move Rest, it has a 72.3% chance to wake up after 2 turns, use a move that isn't Rest, and stay alive so it can use Rest after and repeat the process.

252+ SpA View attachment 123121 Overheat vs. +3 248 HP / 0 SpD View attachment 123122 in Harsh Sunshine: 160-189 (35.1 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Overheat won't help as View attachment 123123 will still beat View attachment 123124 in the end.

+3 0 SpA Tinted Lens View attachment 123126 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD View attachment 123127: 248-294 (61.3 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

View attachment 123128 won't take long to KO View attachment 123127 when it does that much damage.

View attachment 123146 just Heart Swaps away the boosts at the second turn in which View attachment 123128 uses Geomancy.

As for other View attachment 123148 types, they suck, so..

If you managed to weaken View attachment 123128, then Aerilate View attachment 123149 can revenge kill it with Extreme Speed, but it can if not usually is very hard to weaken View attachment 123128enough for that to happen.
The same goes for View attachment 123151 with Extreme Speed but there's 2 things about it: First, it's bad. Second, it's not strong enough to do enough damage 90% of the time.

That's all of the counterplay that there is to this set, and besides that, there's nothing else, any team without any of those will lose to this View attachment 123128 easily.

I think that this Pokemon with this set is S+ rank worthy (assuming Rayquaza is S rank with Aerilate).

I'd like to see more people discuss this mashup as it's a really fun one
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Moonlight
- Two of Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Toxic / Thunder Wave / Photon Geyser

I've been using this set to hardcounter basically all Xerneas sets. Even tinted specs misses the 2hko unless modest, and then
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 174-206 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Sheer Force Life Orb Focus Blast similarly misses the 2hko
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 166-196 (41.7 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I find this set pairs well with regenvest Yveltal.
Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Oblivion Wing

To form a solid defensive core for balance that can take on basically any special attacker.

Last edited:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Moonlight
- Two of Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Toxic / Thunder Wave / Photon Geyser

I've been using this set to hardcounter basically all Xerneas sets. Even tinted specs misses the 2hko unless modest, and then
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 174-206 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Sheer Force Life Orb Focus Blast similarly misses the 2hko
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 166-196 (41.7 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I find this set pairs well with regenvest Yveltal.
Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Oblivion Wing

To form a solid defensive core for balance that can take on basically any special attacker.
I think that you would rather use Physically Defensive Yveltal with Intimidate, because Marshadow is a big threat, and otherwise you'd want to pair that core with a Physically Defensive Intimidate Xerneas with Rest and Sleep Talk, also because of Marshadow.

Edit: If you go Intimidate on Yveltal then you might want to use a Charti Berry to check Primal Groudon.

I want to nominate a team of mine to the sample teams of AAA Ubers.

Before we get into it, I'd like to tell my opinion first which says that Hyper Offense is the premier team play style because there are so many threats to prepare for defensively that other playstyles wouldn't do well against, which means that Hyper Offense on its own has a lot of threats to use against opposing teams.
This Hyper Offense team has a tiny game plan-it doesn't only use sweepers to try and get the 1 sweep that will end the game and nothing else, but the team relies on the sweepers to break the opposing team to make a path for another sweeper of the team to successfully sweep.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Deoxys-Speed is the best lead, at least in my opinion, because it has access to both Stealth Rock and Spikes as hazards to support the team, Taunt to stop opposing Hazard setters and set-up Pokemon, and Magic Coat to bounce away Hazards, Taunts and moves of that kind so you will be able to do better against opposing Deoxys-Speed and against Taunters. It has Mold Breaker to bypass Magic Bounce.

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 9 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Rest
- Ingrain

I already explained why I like this set and why I think it's good in 1 of my previous posts. It's post #54 in this Thread. If you don't want to read it, Xerneas is a great sweeper with Fairium Z and Tinted Lens.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Neuroforce
EVs: 252 Atk / 5 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Recover

Life Orb Neuroforce Extreme Killer provides another great set up sweeper, with access to Earth Quake to be able to 2hko Unaware Dusk Mane Necrozma and OHKO Dusk Mane Necrozmas with different abilities, helping the main sweeper-Xerneas.

252+ Atk Life Orb Neuroforce Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 216-255 (54.2 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It also provides Extreme Speed to help Revenge-kill a weakened Xerneas or get chip-damage on it, helping when our next Pokemon Dusk Mane Necrozma will not be healthy enough to beat Xerneas (fainted or heavily weakened).

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Sunsteel Strike
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Double Dance Dusk Mane Necrozma provides a Xerneas check of our own, so beating teams that also have a Xerneas won't be as hard as otherwise.
It also provides a wall breaker and a late-game cleaner, although it may sweep-I'm not an Ubers expert and I haven't used offensive Dusk Mane Necrozma too much in my life if at all, so don't judge, please.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- V-create

Aerilate Rayquaza provides another Pokemon that can both break (possibly) teams and clean weakened teams in the late-game. The reason why I chose Rayquaza is that with Swords Dance and Life Orb it can hit Primal Groudon hard enough to check it, as without Rayquaza it will be a nuisance to deal with.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Speaking of Primal Groudon being a nuisance to deal with, guess what is a good reason to use it on our own? Well, now let's be serious. Primal Groudon also provides a wall breaker and a sweeper, and the reason why I picked it is that it checks Steel types other than Dusk Mane Necrozma very well unlike Arceus (it does also check Dusk Mane Necrozma, but not as much as Arceus, and the point is that it checks the other steel types).

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 9 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Rest
- Ingrain

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Neuroforce
EVs: 252 Atk / 5 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Recover

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Steelworker
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Sunsteel Strike
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- V-create

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Well, I supposed I can purpose a doubles version of Full Potential here then. On the count of 3, 2, 1, go!

Metagame premise: Full Potential is a format where the highest calculated stat would act as their attacking stat for all offensive moves. Now, have ever wondered to make an already bulky metagame even bulkier? Say hello to Full Potential Doubles!

Banlist: Doubles OU clause
Item Clause
Shuckle
Speed Boost
Stakataka

Unbans (from the regular Full Potential's perspective): Tapu Koko, Alolan Raichu, Unburden, Weather speed abilities

Potential threat and bans
:

Now that FPD would Gothitelle uses its Sp. Defense for damage output and it still allows Shadow Tag, potentially making Gothitelle less passive than before. However, its coverage still remains underwhelming. But it's still something that's definitely should keep an eye on.

Tapu Fini would do the same stuff as it did in Doubles. However, Tapu Fini no longer has to rely on 95 Sp. Attack for dealing damage in this format. Plus, it has Calm Mind to boost its Sp. Defense.

Hoopa Unbound could either uses its Sp. Attack or Sp. Defense to dish out damage, and it can break protection moves with either Hyperspace Hole or Hyperspace Fury. However, its poor defense will make susceptible to physical moves.

Tailwind is fantastic for anyone with speed as their highest stat as it doubles their speed, which also means their damage output got some boost.

Anyone with Defense or Sp. Defense as their highest stat can benefit from the boosts from Terrain Seed, which are common in Doubles.

assault vest kyurem if real

Now moving on the question segments:
Q: Why is Stakataka banned?
A: Trick Room is much more potent in Doubles, thus it would make Stakataka incredibly devastating in FPD. The same can be applied to Shuckle, while it doesn't learn Trick Room by itself, it is one of the slowest Pokemon around here.

Just gonna post this set for STAB 'n' Mega that should help my fellow stallers out.

Drifblim @ Aggronite
Ability: Aftermath
Careful Nature
- Beak Blast
- Roost
- Spectral Thief
- Defog/Disable/Destiny Bond/Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp/Toxic

HP=150
Attack=110
Defense=94
Special Attack=90
Special Defense=74
Speed=80

Set is pretty obvious, with the EVs doing whatevs you want. Beak Blast for Burns, Spectral Thief to dissuade boosters, Roost is recovery, and for the last slot, we have options!
  • Defog is Defog, if you need a hazard remover, Drifblim gotchu covered.
  • Disable is a neat little move you can use to stop opponents from spamming a move in particular. Unfortunately, not many moves are spammed in SnM, outside of setup, which Spectral Thief already does.
  • Destiny Bond, for that rare time when Drifblim is gonna die anyway and you somehow outspeed your foe.
  • Some status moves can work as well, like TWave on offense and Toxic/WoW on more defensive teams.
Let's see if we can get some stall going in STAB 'n' Mega!

Last edited:

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yo, i have been playing some pure hackmons and thought i could give my 2 cents on the the meta and give some teams.

As expected, Huge power dominates the meta right now due to Photon Geyser and Sunsteel Strike. No guard seems to have dissappeared and wonder guard has kind of changed role, going from no guard counter to huge power check. Chansey has become even more important now with innards out. For now i haven't seen too much terrain abusers. Psychic terrain is insane though with mmx huge power and also allows you to use frail but hard hitting pokemon. I can see it being very popular once people find a good and easy way to use it.

Another thing worth mentionning is that some abilities that were previously useless, due to Wonder guard countering them easily, might be used more with Photon/Sunsteel/Moongeist. Simple, Poison Heal, stakeout, magic guard or even illusion are abilities that look a lot more viable now.

Now for my team :

https://pokepast.es/08a4efcd7b6a9c32

Teambuilding process
1) Slowbro-mega was the first poke i chose due to its high defense and great typing against both Photon Geyser and Sunsteel Strike. Fur Coat allows it to tank super effective moves even from huge power pokemon. The set is pretty standard. Will-o-wisp is mainly used to cripple huge power but a burn is always annoying even for wonder guard pokes. Slack off is for recovery, king's shield is for scouting purposes and also in case you aren't at full health. Finally, volt switch is just to give momentum and give me a means of escape against shadow tag. Parting shot could be used instead. Shed shell is just to avoid being trapped by shadow tag.

2) Sableye-mega is the second pokemon i chose. Great Wonder guard, overall good defense, only 1 weakness (which isn't too bad against huge power in hackmons since fairy only has 1 physical move that hits it super effectively), it is immune to Photon geyser and close combat, mmx both stab moves. It is a relatively passive wonder guard. Its role is to counter what slowbro can't and use parting shot. It also checks trick user with sablenite and doesn't care about shadow tag due to ghost type. Funny enough, it gets destroyed by no guard so be careful. Change defog for magic coat if you want it to be a better match against no guard.

3) Greninja-ash. I didn't want to use MMX huge power. We all know it's great, probably the best huge power pokemon. The idea was to use a pokemon with more speed than MMX but also good attack. Basically that gives 6 viable choices, pheromosa, deoxys-a, beedril-mega, aero-mega, mmy and greninja-ash.

Beedril-mega was the first to leave, terrible defense, weak to Photon. It couldn't handle other Huge power well enough. Same goes for Deoxys-a and pheromosa unfortunately, 1 extremespeed huge power and it's dead. Aerodactyl-mega is actually great on paper. Has super effective stab, great speed, good attack. But i chose not to use it due to the fact that people would actually expect aero to check mmx. Moreover, Aero could never switch on an MMX due to how frail it is and its typing that offers no immunity. Finally, Stealth rock's weakness was also annoying since defog was the last move i added on the team and it is to be honest terrible on sableye.

I finally chose greninja-ash over MMY because i wanted to use something original but also due to Greninja's type which neutralizes Photon Geyser and protects, to a certain extent, from Sunsteel Strike. The moveset was made in order for sableye-mega to be able to check it in case i fought imposter. Dragon Ascent OHKO's MMX, Thousand arrows takes care of steel types and Muk-alolan, Knock off removes items + Stab and Photon Geyser hits Wonder Guard i can't hit with the other 3 moves. Focus Sash works as a sort of last resort against opponent's set up and also if MMX has a scarf. Finally, its dark type gives it something that the other pokemon can't have , namely an immunity against prankster moves.

4) Rayquaza-mega. Still obsessed with the idea of countering MMX, i chose Rayquaza shadow tag to trap and kill it. Unfortunately, it doesn't outspeed it without a scarf but let's transform a weakness into a power. Thus, I added trick to cripple opponent's Magic Bounce, Wonder guard and other defensive roles pokemon. Encore is always good, even with scarf, to block an opponent into a certain move. Finally , i felt that a wg mail would totally block Rayquaza so i added spikes which in the long run will help me immensely as the opponent can't switch as easily as he would want to.

Note : Rayquaza can be replaced by mega-aero since it doesn't need scarf i guess. But it has less bulk (can't come in when mmx is already on the field) and surpisingly doesn't OHKO with Dragon ascent. It needs Sharp Beak to have a chance to OHKO. Positive side is you get a real perish trapper with perish song/encore/roost/dragon ascent.

5) Yveltal was added next. I needed a Prankster for opposing set up. Dark type helped against Photon and opposing pranksters. Moveset is very simple, Haze since topsy-turvy might fail due to dark type or psychic terrain. Roost for recovery. Gastro acid to check no guard and also potentially if i am in a 1V1 against wg. Finally, the weird move fiery dance. I noticed mega-scizor was a huge threat to my team and i had no way of actually killing it so a fire move was obviously needed. Fiery dance has 24pp which is nice in hackmons and it can also raise my special attack meaning my move will do more damage on the long run.

6) Chansey, the last poke. Well, chansey just fills so many roles. Since i did not know precisely what the meta would be like, i decided to go with something that could do basically everything. It serves against set up, can win speed ties against no guard, can potentially be a second wg, etc.

The moveset is pretty simple. Fake out gives shit priority but helps against illusion. This the move you can replace, it's really not necessary just a safety mesure. Then wish to heal yourself or allies, whirlwind against substitute. Beak blast is the last move. Actually a great move for chansey since it gives you the opportunity to burn physical opponents even though you are slower.

Possible changes :
Groudon-Primal for Rayquaza-mega. Set : V-create, Trick, Spikes, Throat Chop with Choice Scarf
Same purpose in a way but does take care of scizor-mega instead of mmx. Still does insane damage to mmx (78%-91% with v-create). You can have adamant since with scarf you have 418 of speed and can outspeed both mmx and mmy. Groudon-primal also totally stops your own slowbro-mega, so that's another way of getting rid of chansey imposter. Throat Chop is there because it seems everybody is using Parting Shot so might aswell break their momentum move + it does ok damage on Giratina. You could run ice hammer too since zygarde-complete is just insane (2 OHKO). But using trick is better imo. Biggest problem with this change, you are even weaker to no guard deoxys-s since rayquaza-mega scarf did outspeed it but not groudon-primal. With Groudon-primal, you can change fiery dance on yveltal for darkest lariat.

For the people who hate using chansey:
Well either you get a wonder guard that fits well into the team like scizor-mega (which you could trap with groudon-primal and kill if it gets impostered) or you take a more offensive approach and use no guard deoxys-s which gives you nice speed control and also a way to kill everything. This is also where spikes on your shadow tag comes in to play since if you set just 1 spike the opponent can't switch freely between his 2 wonder guard and in the long run, you will kill one of the two. Set for Deoxys-s : Leftovers, Substitute, Hypnosis, Sheer cold, Gastro Acid or Forest curse.

How to use it : The idea of the team is to stall out the opponent's offense. Your offense isn't here to break the opponent's wonder guard fundamentely but rather to kill their offensive pressure so that they just can't beat you anymore.
If you make the changes i mentionned, you will have to stall even more and you might want to add tspikes or rocks on scizor-mega. If you go for deoxys-s, the purpose of the team changes a bit and becomes more offensively oriented. Once you set up the spikes, deoxys-s can sweep if you predict correctly. Be careful not to spam will-o-wisp with slowbro-mega as you want to put wonder guard pokes to sleep with deoxys-s.

Finally, the team is not perfect, far from it, no team can be perfect in hackmons but it does check most threats (huge power being the one i really wanted to counter) and is actually fun to use, especially greninja and ray.

Just giving 2 other teams but mainly to show that hackmons is not all about no guard/wonder guard/huge power like some may think and that there are a lot of possibilities.

Team 1 :
https://pokepast.es/2a98ef6e54680a7b

The idea is to let pheromosa normalize die to huge power after doing entrainment and then set up with the 2 mega-gengar to pass to yveltal power trip or the mega-gengar with moongeist beam.

Explanations for some sets : crystal free z-moves aren't affected by normalize so you can still damage ghost types with pheromorosa. Chansey is just here to be sacked against no guard/huge power or die to imposter in case you were not careful enough.

Team 2 :
https://pokepast.es/c6415a7fcc4c2d1c
Audino-mega and slowbro-mega core against huge power. Prankster me first against no guard. 3 set up pokes for offense, with 2 of them countering imposter. Arceus needs a lot of set up to do damage unfortunately but as a last pokemon it will be extremly annoying to kill. Bug revelation dance to check meloetta, while moongeist beam hits everything else. Its natural bulk allows it to tank Photon Geyser from huge power mmx or dragon ascent from huge power rayquaza-mega, while king's shield helps it against close combat.

Sorry for the wall of text, eventual grammar mistakes and thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Just uploading a super stall team that everyone will hate me for.

GodBlim was added so I could use GodBlim some more, and Blissey has some insane special bulk, and synergises fairly well with GodBlim. The last mon of the initial core was Manectite Shuckle, that I initially posted in the chat as a shitty joke, but ended up convincing myself it might be worth trying, and is a neat little physical sponge.

Altarianite Celesteela was added to provide Dark resist, another defogger, and a generally nice wall. Primal Groudon is the best Ground type, no question, and provides a nice check to fairy attackers. Lastly, Audinite Umbreon is the best wall to DDance Gira-O, so its not a bad thing to pack if you are fighting Volcanionisgood.

Umbreon was swapped for Lugia when someone pointed out to me that Blaziken and similar threats cause massive issues for the Umbreon version. That being said, feel free to swap back to Audinite Umbreon when fighting people known for using Physical Ghost sweepers.

Just a nice team that I think people will love me posting, but at least its the first STAB and Mega sample team so far. Enjoy breaking this sample team!

Yay, I finally made my account :)
Anyways, I would like to post this set for LC STABmons

Tail Glow Sweeper

Dewpider @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 52 HP / 180 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

This set destroys offensive teams after its checks are gone or weaken,Dewpider's low speed is mitigated by a priority Water Shuriken boosted by Water Bubble and its multi-hit property allows it to break through sturdy and sashes. At +3 ,Water Shuriken hits like a truck that its scores a OHKO on most pokemon that can't resist it with just 2 or 3 hits after Stealth Rock. Ice Beam and Giga Drain provides coverage to hit Grass-Types and Water-Types respectively. Dewpider's bulk is good enough to tank priority hits well,notably surviving an Accelerock from Archen at full health.

Damage Calc : +3 196+ SpA Water Bubble Dewpider Water Shuriken (15 BP) (3 hits) vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee: 24-36 (88.8 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Quiver Dance Sweeper

Dewpider @ Eviolite / Berry Juice / Waterium Z
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Steam Eruption
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

This set destroys defensive teams after its checks are gone or weaken,Steam Eruption hits very hard at +1 that it OHKOes most bulky pokemon after Stealth Rock. Waterium Z gives it a 185 Base Power Hydro Vortex that has a good chance to OHKO Munchlax and Mareanie after Stealth Rock,despite the latter resist Water.Again, Ice Beam and Giga Drain for coverage.

Damage Calc :
+1 196+ SpA Water Bubble Dewpider Steam Eruption vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee: 24-30 (88.8 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 196+ SpA Water Bubble Dewpider Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 196 HP / 100+ SpD Eviolite Mareanie: 18-24 (75 - 100%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 196+ SpA Water Bubble Dewpider Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 76 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Munchlax: 32-38 (103.2 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

The EVs is slight different from normal LC,notably maximized Special Attack in order to hit as hard as possible. Eviolite gives Dewpider to setup reliably while Berry Juice gives it another chance to setup. Honestly, I slightly feel like it needs to be banned,due to how terrifying Water Bubble-boosted Water STAB is, though I would like to hear the opinion of other people. Most of its checks and counters are limited to pokemon with Water-Immune Abilities such as Water Absorb,Dry Skin and Storm Drain. Mantyke is a notable example thanks to Water Absorb and a gargantuan Special bulk to tank coverage well, it can survived +1 Hidden Power Electric after Stealth Rock most of the time, Haze out the boost, and threatens Dewpider with STAB Oblivion Wing.Other pokemon such as Helioptile and Spectral Thief Frillish can also do well against Dewpider. There's also a niche option like 15 Special Defense Berry Juice pokemon in order to survived at least 3 hits of +3 Water Shuriken at full health,notable example is Vullaby,who can also KO Dewpider with STAB Dragon Ascent.

Edit : Added Damage calc to show how much damage Dewpider can do against opponent

Last edited:
STABmons LC:
No changes yet just a set.

Wynaut @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 212 SpD
Bold Nature
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Stored Power

1) Remove Dark types via teammates
2) Trap something you can set up on
3) Set up on said thing
4) Stored Power everything to death
I can honestly see this becoming very problematic in time thanks to Shadow Tag. I haven't investigated fully what it can set up on, which will probably be the deciding factor.
I just listed some pokemon it can set up on,but in 2 categories ; switch-in by itself or by fainted ally/pivot move

List of Pokemon Wynaut can switch-in,trap and set-up

Abra(lacking Shadow Ball)
Bronzor(lacking Skill Swap/Heart Swap)
Budew(lacking Clear Smog or after Sleep Clause activate)
Chespin(lacking Bulk Up/Leech Seed)
Ferroseed(lacking Leech Seed/Knock Off)
Foongus(lacking Clear Smog or after Sleep Clause activate)
Hippopotas(lacking Whirlwind)
Koffing(lacking Haze/Clear Smog)
Lileep(lacking Seed Flare)
Mantyke(defensive set lacking Haze)
Mareanie(lacking Haze/Clear Smog)
Mime Jr.(lacking Trick/Nasty Plot/Baton Pass)
Munchlax(lacking Baton Pass/Transform)
Onix(lacking Taunt/Roar/Dragon Tail)
Shellos(lacking Clear Smog)
Slowpoke(lacking Calm Mind/Heart Swap)
Snubull(lacking Bulk Up)
Spritzee(lacking Calm Mind)
Trubbish(lacking Clear Smog)
Turtwig(lacking Leech Seed)
Vulpix-Alola(lacking Dark Pulse)

List of Pokemon Wynaut can trap and set-up after its ally dies or brought by U-turn/Volt Switch/Baton Pass/Parting Shot.

Archen(lacking Knock Off/U-turn)
Chinchou(choice-locked into Steam Eruption/Thunderbolt)
Cranidos(choice-locked into non-Diamond Storm)
Darumaka(choice-locked into Superpower)
Diglett(lacking Memento/Final Gambit/Shadow Claw)
Doduo(lacking Knock Off/Sword Dance)
Lickitung(lacking Knock Off/Baton Pass)
Magnemite(choice-locked into Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon)
Meowth(lacking Knock Off / U-Turn)
Mudbray(lacking Roar)
Pancham(choice-locked into Close Combat/Zen Headbutt)
Staryu(lacking Water Spout / Life Orb)
Stufful(lacking Encore/Sword Dance/Baton Pass)
Trapinch

The parenthesis shown above is what they need to deal with Wynaut(except Choice User). Basically,Wynaut hard-punishes most Choice Scarf Pokemon that isn't Dark-Type and Ghost Type or isn't locked into super-effective moves. Dark-Types obviously walls Wynaut,due to its attacking move are only Psychic and force it out, but Wynaut can survived a Pursuit if it has a 2-3 Barrier boost, unless its a crit. Any Ghost-Type with Spectral Thief also forced Wynaut to switch out due to not only it is a super-effective move but also steals the boost. While a Shed Shell can be used to a defensive pokemon,losing an Eviolite can be detrimental to them and gets overpowered by many pokemon, in addition of Knock Off being more common in LC.Therefore, I do agree that Wynaut should be banned in LC STABmons, its like Gothita all over again. Seeing this in team preview makes its opponent play carefully about their defensive wall or Choice Scarf User. A team without Dark-Type or Spectral Thief Ghost-Type would likely end up getting swept by Wynaut if it gets the chance to set-up. While Wynaut can still set-up on passive pokemon with Knock Off, such as Ferroseed, losing an Eviolite can be detrimental to Wynaut as it needs the additional bulk provided by it to set-up on more pokemon.

Edit : Included few more pokemon and changed few scenarios

Last edited:
Just gonna post this cool little set I've been using for STAB 'n' Mega.

Darmanitan @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

This set just hits like a freaking truck! Tough Claws V-create causes entire countries to crumble, and Superpower has nice complimentary coverage. U-turn is a pivot move, and is slapped on there for the sake of filler, as is Taunt. I'd assume Lopunnite could be used to decent effect due to it having a stronger Superpower and higher Speed, but this is what I used.

Just another cool little mon I've been working with on my more offensive teams has been Diancite Thundurus-T. The sheer power is just insane, plus the speed boost is incredibly noticeable. Now, there are two options: you can run Nasty Plot, which is fairly hard to TransformProof (which isn't too common, but still something to be concerned about), and a more safe set with Protect. Honestly, I feel like it isn't interesting enough for me to post it yet, but I kinda wanted to bring it up!

Totes not posting this to bring up a double post. Totes not doing this to bump thread. I have standards.

I'm posting more sets from not just STAB LC, but from other LC OMs too

BH LC
First, i would like to say about this mashup. In contrast to normal Balanced Hackmons, BH LC is more offensively inclined and most walls i could think were limited to naturally high defensive stats or resistance. Anyways, this is the only set i could think of

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter / Fur Coat / Scrappy / Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SpA / 236 SpD / 236 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fake Out / Sword Dance
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed
- Shore Up

Imposter Munchlax would define this metagame imo. Finding a defensive improof to your sweeper might be hard as most of them are limited to resisted hit. It wasn't dead weight when Imposter fails, with 85 Atk, It is one of the bulkiest Revenge Killer with STAB FakeSpeed. Fur Coat gives Munchlax a 33/42/27 bulk when combined with Eviolite and Impish nature, this allows Munchlax to set-up Sword Dance to sweep on its own, other options like Scrappy and Mold Breaker can be used to hit Ghost-types and Dazzling/Queenly Majesly respectively.

AAA LC
Note : Most of this set are found in LC OM last gen

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Drought / Desolate Land
EVs: 156 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Sun-boosted Fire Blast and auto-charged SolarBeam as coverage allows Ponyta to wallbreak. Drought is used if you have a Chlorophyll teammate, otherwise used Desolate Land. Will-o-Wisp cripples physical attackers and Morning Sun heals 3/4 of this sunlight

Wingull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Drizzle / Primordial Sea
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Defog
- U-turn

Now this is the rain version. Again, Drizzle is used if you have a Swift Swim teammate, otherwise used Primordial Sea instead. Hurricane never-misses thanks to rain. Its like OU Pelipper. U-turn gains momentum and Defog removes hazards.

Also,We should ban Damp Rock,Icy Rock,Heat Rock and Smooth Rock, due to how crazy weather wars would be

Discussion Skill Link : Ban or Keep
I chose Keep Skill Link. I find some pokemon lacking a good coverage or struggles to switch-in safely like Anorith and Swinub.

STABmons LC

Venipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 124 Def / 200 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Tail Glow
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]

At first, I thought Tail Glow Venipede might faces a competition from other sweepers. But I forgot one thing to put, Life Orb. This allows Venipede to score notable KOs like Vullaby after Stealth Rock.Despite is poor 30 SpA, Tail Glow patches that and turns it to a scary sweeper.Maximum SpA in order to hit as hard, 140 Spe allows Venipede to reach 14 Speed, enough to outspeed the entire unboosted pokemon at +1 and the rest are put on Def to tank priority hits somewhat better.No HP EVs gives Venipede 19 HP in order to reduce Life Orb recoil. Bug Buzz and Sludge Bomb are your main STAB, Sludge Bomb was preferred over Sludge Wave due to its higher chance of poison and they deal mostly the same damage. Hidden Power Ground provides a great coverage to hit Steel and Poison for super-effective damage. There are still some checks to this one, Gastly, despite its frailty, resist both STAB and its immune to HP Ground thanks to Levitate,can survived a hit and KOs Venipede with Moongeist Beam. Focus Sash Abra is also notable thanks to Magic Guard,giving an immunity to hazard and poison from Sludge Bomb,live a hit and KOs Venipede with its STAB. Munchlax is bulky enough to tank its STAB and deal heavy Damage with STAB Return.

Eevee @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball
- Celebrate
- Baton Pass / Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Fighting]

Eevium Z is banned. But this is not gonna stop Eevee. Z-Celebrate boost all its stats by 1. Despite its middling 55/45 attacking stat. It makes up for it with a great ability in Adaptability. Boomburst is a very strong STAB move, capable of OHKOing bulky pokemon at +1 after Stealth Rock. Despite its SpA is lower than its Atk, Boomburst hits harder and the ability to hit through substitute to boot. Shadow Ball provides coverage to hit Ghost-Types that may try to wall Eevee. Baton Pass can be used on the 4th slot to pivot out of unfavorable match-up and pass the stat boost to its ally. Hidden Powers can be used for coverage against Ferroseed and other Rock-Types and Steel-Types.

sorry if this is long, i just wanted to post more from LC OMs. and there are also many more to come soon.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Following some discussion and two tours in the groupchat I have elected to update the AAA Doubles Banlist
Unbans: Terrakion, Keldeo, Kartana, Dragonite (yes really, for now at least), Archeops
Bans: Anger Point, Justified (both of these allow cheesy free max attack strategies)

The unbans are up for debate of course. Thanks to Yellow Paint for giving me last gens banlist, which is below. Some things on there are remaining legal for now, and some (like Gale Wings lol) I doubt will be banned again.
Banned Abilities:
Note - You can still use these on their original users!
Aerilate
Anger Point
Arena Trap
Contrary
Fur Coat
Gale Wings
Huge Power
Imposter
Justified
Moody
Parental Bond
Protean
Pure Power
Shadow Tag
Serene Grace
Simple
Speed Boost
Truant
Wonder Guard
Banned Pokemon:
Anything on the DOU banlist
Archeops
Kyurem-B
Regigigas
Shedinja
Slaking
Smeargle

In other news...

Shadow Tag is now banned from LC STABmons. Gothita is unbanned from LC STABmons. This has been discussed in this thread, and I honestly fail to see a compelling reason to allow an effective set-up sweeper with a trapping ability like Wynaut. Gothita is unbanned because it was only ever notable for access to Shadow Tag.

I chose Shadow Tag over Wynaut for the ban because Shadow Tag is clearly the root of the issue; neither banned Pokemon will be broken or even especially viable without it.

Dusk Mane Necrozma / Steelworker and Rayquaza are up for discussion in AAA Ubers.
Necrozma Dusk Mane has almost zero viable switchins to a simple double dance Steelworker Z Move set. With Stone Edge it can hit Ho-Oh, which can otherwise switch into its attacks and Will-O-Wisp it.
For reference this is how much damage it does
+2 252+ Atk Steelworker Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Searing Sunraze Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 1237-1458 (362.7 - 427.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Which accomplishes feats such as OHKOing SpD Pdon
+2 252+ Atk Steelworker Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Searing Sunraze Smash vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 408-481 (101.2 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I would be willing to accept this level of power and offensive capability if it was inflexible in its sets, or had trouble setting up, or was easy to revenge. Dusk-Mane has none of these problems. It has excellent typing and good bulk, various defensive and offensive sets including Ultra Necrozma sets, and resists all -ates and most forms of priority in the meta (Sucker Punch is a notable exception) while outspeeding the entire unboosted meta at +2.
set

Rayquaza has the most powerful -atespeed in the game, backed by insane coverage, notably V-Create and Earthquake, and boosting moves in Dragon Dance and Swords Dance. I have run both Life Orb set-up sweepers and Band wallbreakers / revenge killers. In my practical experience playing against it I have found that Extreme Speeds flexibility as both a primary STAB and priority give it far too much flexibility to use the rest of its vast movepool to aid in dismantling the opponents team.

It is checkable for offense, with Psychic Surge mons such as Mewtwo being able to revenge kill it thanks to its middling 95 speed tier and exploitable Ice weakness, while on more defensive playstyles it is vulnerable to being burnt by Pokemon it cannot OHKO, and has to play guessing games against Necrozma.
set (but there are many variations)

I'm going to begin working on set compendiums and for some of the more developed metas (not that any of these are really developed, but I don't expect that to happen without ladders). Specifically AAA Ubers and STAB n Mega.

If Ransei wants to work on resources for Pure Hackmons that's awesome as well :)

In my eyes those are our top three metas in terms of popularity, but I may be biased because I happen to really like STAB n Mega and AAA Ubers (PH is pretty undeniably top three).

Thanks to Bummer for the beautiful art for the first post!
om mashup art.png

This should all be updated in the OP soonish.

I would like to post 2 teams for LC STABmons (Note : I haven't tested these team myself so I'm not sure if they are good or not)

Dewpider FWG Offense

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Frillish @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Moongeist Beam
- Spectral Thief
- Recover

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike
- Bullet Punch
- Parting Shot

Ponyta @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Flame Charge
- High Horsepower
- Wild Charge

Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Strength Sap

Dewpider @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
Onix is the lead of this team.Frillish is the spinblocker here and a counter to opposing Dewpider. Spectral Thief and 36 Speed allows you to outspeed 10 Speed Dewpider and steal its boost. Pawniard acts as a switch-in to Defog and Parting Shot. Bullet Punch was chosen priority over Sucker Punch due to reliably KO Diglett after switching in on a Parting Shot. Ponyta is the wallbreaker. Flash Fire was chosen over Flame Body for somewhat act as a decent switch-in on a V-Create users like opposing Ponyta and Darumaka but, you should remember that ponyta is 2HKOed by their coverage moves such as High Horsepower and Rock Slide respectively. Snivy is the hazard removal of this team and forms a FWG core along with Ponyta and Frillish. It also helps break through Water Types for Dewpider .Finally Dewpider is the team's sweeper after you removed or weaken its checks.

Venipede Sticky Web Hyper Offense

Venipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 124 Def / 200 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Tail Glow
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike
- Sucker Punch
- Low Sweep

Staryu @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 76 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Memento

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 236 Atk / 156 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- U-turn
This team is mostly about sweeping with Venipede. Dwebble is the lead and sets-up hazard and gives utility with Knock Off and pivots with U-turn. Pawniard wallbreaks the team and discourages opponents from using Defog. Staryu removes hazard for the team. Diglett traps Poison-Types and Steel-Types for Venipede and gives it a chance to set-up with Memento.Earthquake is still on a slot in order to pick off weakened opponent consistently. Finally Vullaby helps the team to gain momentum.156 SpD allows it to survived at least 4 hits of +3 Dewpider's Water Shurikens at full health (3 hits if Stealth Rocks are up). U-turn and Parting Shot may seems weird being each other but this allows it to pivot out on opposing Pawniard safely.

More LC OMs sample teams coming soon.
Edit : I forgot to put the nature on Dwebble, my bad :/

Last edited:
Mega Stones and Primal Orbs can be used on almost any fully evolved Pokémon with no Mega Evolution limit, and Pokémon can use any move of their typing, in addition to the moves they can normally learn.
Also known as Stab and Mega.

Clauses:
Ubers Clauses
Mega Stone / Orb Clause: "Only one of each stone on a team"

Bans:
General Bans:
Arceus, Baton Pass, Electrify, King's Rock, Razor Fang, Shadow Tag, Kangaskhanite, Gengarite
Banned Stones:
Beedrillite*, Blazikenite*, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Mawilite*, Medichamite*, Pidgeotite*
*These stones can be used on their native users
Pokemon that can't Mega Evolve non-natively:
Blacephalon, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-N, Deoxys-S, Dialga, Dragonite, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kartana, Kyogre, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Lugia, Lunala, Marshadow, Mewtwo, Naganadel, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Regigigas, Reshiram, Silvallly, Slaking, Solgaleo, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, Zygarde with Power Construct
Restricted moves:
Acupressure, Belly Drum, Chatter, Extreme Speed, Geomancy, Lovely Kiss, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Spore, Thousand Arrows

FAQ:
Q: Where can I play this?
A: Rom.psim.us or on the main server by tour.
/tour new gen7mixandmega,elimination,32,1
/tour autostart 10
/tour ruleset Stabmons Move Legality, -Arceus, -Blacephalon, -Kartana, -Komala, -Kyurem-Black, -Porygon-Z, -Silvally, -Tapu Koko, -Tapu Lele, -King's Rock, -Razor Fang, -Acupressure,-Belly Drum, -Chatter, -Geomancy, -Lovely Kiss, -Shell Smash, -Shift Gear, -Spore, -Thousand Arrows, -Kangaskhanite, -Hooh ++ Dragon Ascent, -Lugia ++Dragon Ascent, -Yveltal ++ Dragon Ascent, -Dragonite ++ Dragon Ascent
/tour name [Gen 7] STAB n Mega

Note that this code will ban moves even on Pokemon that learn them naturally. Use your own judgement when unbanning moves. Likewise Pokemon banned with this code are banned completely, not just from mega evolving. Use your own judgement as to whether any of them are unban-worthy.

Q: If my Pokemon has Dragon Ascent will it act like a mega stone? If I have both Dragon Ascent and a mega stone which takes precedence?
A: Dragon Ascent will work as a mega stone, and a held mega stone will take precedence over the move Dragon Ascent. For example an Aerodactyl holding Metagrossite would mega into Aerodactyl @ Metagrossite rather than Aerodactyl @ Dragon Ascent.

Sample Sets:
Entei @ Altarianite
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Howl / Stomping Tantrum
Terrakion @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Diamond Storm
- Close Combat
- Accelerock / Mach Punch
Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bolt Strike / Fusion Bolt

Sample Teams: Wanted!
Replays: Wanted!
oh boi, Dragon Ascent has been freed

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent
- Roost
- U-turn

Here we are. Delta Stream Lando-T. Beautiful. Looks great on paper, Scarf to be even faster. Not much else. I suggest instead of Scarf, you could run a Yache Berry for better defense against those Ice Beams.

Calcs:

Yache Berry - 252 SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-White Ice Beam vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Yache Berry Landorus-Therian in Strong Winds: 295-348 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yache Berry - 252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-White Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Yache Berry Landorus-Therian in Strong Winds: 322-379 (84.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yeah that's the best I can do for calcs. I haven't played MnM in a while. Tell you right now, this is pretty good. If you wanna run something else don't expect this. Here's why: 252 SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-White Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Landorus-Therian in Strong Winds: 416-492 (108.9 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO. That's not even Modest.

Since we had a MnM ZU + D-rank and below Stones tournament in the OM Mashups room, thought I'd make a post about some sets that worked well.

The replay of the finals (only one I remembered to save): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-778647695

The banlist we used: ZU Banlist + Mix and Mega banlist + Altarianite, Diancite, Lucarionite, Metagrossite, Sablenite, Ampharosite, Glalitite, Lopunnite, Pinsirite, Red Orb, Venusaurite, Absolite, Aggronite, Blue Orb, Cameruptite, Gyaradosite, Latiasite, Slowbronite, Charizardite Y, Abomasite, and Tyranitarite

Mr. Mime @ Manectite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

This is an interesting set that I enjoy using. Intimidate works to act as a boost to it's Defense, and the stat boosts Manectite gives just helps Mr. Mime sweep better overall. 120 Speed is pretty good and 130 SpA is great when boosted by Nasty Plot. The movepool is pretty self-explanatory, just STAB and Focus Blast for Steel types.

Shiinotic @ Banettite
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Strength Sap

This is a dirty set made by Mark K in the OM Mashups room. It's fairly obvious what it does, just sleep the opponent, set up substitute and leech seed, and use Strength Sap if need be. This set is very vulnerable to taunt as well, so be careful with that.

Mawile @ Mewtwonite X
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

As you can see in the replay, this set has very high sweeping potential after a swords dance due to it's high attack and good STAB combination, as well as access to Sucker Punch. Intimidate can force the opponent to switch, allowing a SD, and then almost nothing can avoid a neutral 2HKO or OHKO. It is however weak to faster Fighting types or other Mewtwonite X users such as Lycanroc.

Lycanroc @ Aerodactylite / Mewtwonite X
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Accelerock
- Drill Run / Brick Break

This set performs a pretty similar role to Mawile using either Aerodactylite or Mewtwonite X, but has an even better STAB combination with Mewtwonite X and access to Tough Claws boosted Accelerock if using Aerodactylite. SD is just boosting move, allowing Lycanroc's attack to reach very threatening levels and then sweep or revenge kill most things (so far, this mashup is very new.) using Accelerock, Stone Edge, and Drill Run. Brick Break is there as a STAB option when using Mewtwonite X.

I feel like that's a good enough showcase for the first MnM ZU post, but I'm just going to drop this set here so Greenheroes hopefully stops talking about it:

Ledian @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Early Bird
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Very outclassed by any other Mewtwonite X user. Honestly probably better on Mr. Mime. The only niche thing about it is access to Mach Punch.

I'll post more MnM ZU stuff later, really enjoying the meta so far!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
BH LC
First, i would like to say about this mashup. In contrast to normal Balanced Hackmons, BH LC is more offensively inclined and most walls i could think were limited to naturally high defensive stats or resistance.
What Wall isn’t? Only Sturdinja breaks the mold, and at that point Mold Breaker breaks it.

I like your Munchlax set. I think it’s the best baby Pokémon out there.

What about Imposter as an ability? Top HP of Eviolite viable Pokémon after Chansey... But Chansey doesn’t fancy Little Cup.
#Iggy puns: #Eggy

Meme:
D471F8CC-76F8-4725-9634-7F07E31F2F56.jpeg

9D74D140-F88F-4B82-A915-5280FD06D116.jpeg

Last edited:
Since we had a MnM ZU + D-rank and below Stones tournament in the OM Mashups room, thought I'd make a post about some sets that worked well.

The replay of the finals (only one I remembered to save): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-778647695

The banlist we used: ZU Banlist + Mix and Mega banlist + Altarianite, Diancite, Lucarionite, Metagrossite, Sablenite, Ampharosite, Glalitite, Lopunnite, Pinsirite, Red Orb, Venusaurite, Absolite, Aggronite, Blue Orb, Cameruptite, Gyaradosite, Latiasite, Slowbronite, Charizardite Y, Abomasite, and Tyranitarite

Mr. Mime @ Manectite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

This is an interesting set that I enjoy using. Intimidate works to act as a boost to it's Defense, and the stat boosts Manectite gives just helps Mr. Mime sweep better overall. 120 Speed is pretty good and 130 SpA is great when boosted by Nasty Plot. The movepool is pretty self-explanatory, just STAB and Focus Blast for Steel types.

Shiinotic @ Banettite
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Strength Sap

This is a dirty set made by Mark K in the OM Mashups room. It's fairly obvious what it does, just sleep the opponent, set up substitute and leech seed, and use Strength Sap if need be. This set is very vulnerable to taunt as well, so be careful with that.

Mawile @ Mewtwonite X
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

As you can see in the replay, this set has very high sweeping potential after a swords dance due to it's high attack and good STAB combination, as well as access to Sucker Punch. Intimidate can force the opponent to switch, allowing a SD, and then almost nothing can avoid a neutral 2HKO or OHKO. It is however weak to faster Fighting types or other Mewtwonite X users such as Lycanroc.

Lycanroc @ Aerodactylite / Mewtwonite X
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Accelerock
- Drill Run / Brick Break

This set performs a pretty similar role to Mawile using either Aerodactylite or Mewtwonite X, but has an even better STAB combination with Mewtwonite X and access to Tough Claws boosted Accelerock if using Aerodactylite. SD is just boosting move, allowing Lycanroc's attack to reach very threatening levels and then sweep or revenge kill most things (so far, this mashup is very new.) using Accelerock, Stone Edge, and Drill Run. Brick Break is there as a STAB option when using Mewtwonite X.

I feel like that's a good enough showcase for the first MnM ZU post, but I'm just going to drop this set here so Greenheroes hopefully stops talking about it:

Ledian @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Early Bird
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Very outclassed by any other Mewtwonite X user. Honestly probably better on Mr. Mime. The only niche thing about it is access to Mach Punch.

I'll post more MnM ZU stuff later, really enjoying the meta so far!
Tbh that mon in general suck and over all the stones not banned it was the only one that didn't make it look awfull as hell (stats that goes well with it's movepool that is axed on the physical side)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)