Gen 3 Ok ok, RMT [OU]

I would say this team isnt your regular standard team, but there is a team somewhere on this forums thats sort of similar i think, Its mainly offensive and works well based on if i can predict well with jolteon. There is one main weakness, Roarpert. And other things annoy it too, such as such as, well any pokemon that can ohko jolteon. Calm minders such as espeon or Celebi are difficult to kill as well.

Team at a Glance:

Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Now, the strategy is Simple, Substitute to scout moveset/predict switch. Then if they switch to a pokemon that cant ohko jolteon ill Agility and BP(if they are bad and status ill pass agi and a sub), if they can ill BP a sub to the fitting pokemon. Roar Pert just comes in and rains on my Parade.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Spd / 76 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Will-o-Wisp
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt

Ok, well i guess the mod i was using was fucked up so instead of Calm mind i made him a status abuser, i can sleep pokemon that threaten my team and take them out of the battle, Will-o-wisp other physicals.

Medicham (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Bulk Up
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Ball

The Trait says it all, Pure power, It gets an agility and Possibly bulks up and can ohko alot of pokemon, even some walls. Full defense celebi gets 2hkod by a +1 sb still though. Badass physical sweeper.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect

If you dont know what this does, or have never seen it before, then you should either a) stop reading this b) die c) read something. The only difference is a LITTLE more defense, and a little less SPA, this helps wall physicals better, and Icebeam isnt guaranteed ohko on mence anymore. Protect is a fun move, i can block Explosions, and if they predict right and dont explode on protect, I switch to Gengar and they explode on him, and he isnt touched by it.

Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Used to be Psych up, and before that Twave. I need a status obsorber....Walls Specials.

Flygon (M) @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spd / 20 SAtk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

This helps because its easy to bring in on Earthquakes, and as a bonus can take rock slides to. Sub is because im not hitting and running, if i get an agility i want to make use of it. Problem here is Lack of Power. Fast enough to outspeed Ttar/gross w/o agility.

Over All, its another very offensive based team, its alot of fun, i just need help fixing it up, so rate away!

Maybe Charizard>flygon?

Im using the official servers mod, i think its just XD mod im not sure, if it doesnt learn Calm mind, ill just use Hypnosis or Will-o-wisp.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
CM definitely isn't XD mod. XD mods refer to the Shadow Pokemon you capture that are raised in XD and learn certain moves as a result, or the moves you learn from te move tutor exclusive to Pokemon XD. Calm Mind is a TM available in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Someone's just being an ass.

Ill take your word, i made gengar giga drain/thunderbolt/willowisp/hypnosis for status abuse.

Edit: Flygon is doing fairly solid atm. But Marowak/blaziken look fun too.
There has to be something wrong with it someone Rate it!!!

....Please? Umby, rate it you have nothing better to do!Sigh......

If you keep using the FLygon, maybe instead of hp bug you could use Fire Blast with around 180 SpA to 2ko Skarm and OHKO Forry.

The only pokes in your team that really likes Agility are Medicham and Flygon. This isnt much, since both them can be countered easily by the OOOOOOOU Swampert. So HP-Grass, to cover your Swampy weak is a good choice.

ice punch/psychic + sub would be a better choice in gengar, IMO, since you can beat TTar switch ins with 2 Giga Drains (or at least weaken them)
Psychic would also allow you to destroy Gengars on the switch and screw Weezings.

Swampert. OOOOOOOOOOOU. 105% of the teams use him. How to beat it? simple, use toxic in your own swampert ( over protect), and then switch to regice. Unless they have a good cleric, theyr swampert is faded to death
gengar already eat exploders on the breakfast.

Medicham is fragile, so bulk up can help him much. I think fake out would fit better, because it have an absurd power and has priority-flinch

Regice is extremly bulky, so Psych Up to put a end in this CMers (or decide the battle with a CH) is a good choice.

I had a team that was almost equal to yours (with my changes), but i had forry in flygon place, TTar in jolteon place and Medicham as the lead. Worked wonderfully

I didn't mean 180 SpA EV"s, I meant literally 180 SpA. It needs the EVs to outspeed jolly tar and make a slightly bulkier sub or maybe make it fast enough to outspeed adamant heracross.

The only pokes in your team that really likes Agility are Medicham and Flygon. This isnt much, since both them can be countered easily by the OOOOOOOU Swampert. So HP-Grass, to cover your Swampy weak is a good choice.

HP grass on Jolteon? I think ill try that ^^

ice punch/psychic + sub would be a better choice in gengar, IMO, since you can beat TTar switch ins with 2 Giga Drains (or at least weaken them)
Psychic would also allow you to destroy Gengars on the switch and screw Weezings.

Idk i like this gengar i think, it makes me able to status physical threats that i would have to ice punch otherwise. It also works to use on swamperts so i can lure them below 70% to KO with Giga Drain, without getting owned by Torrentpump.

Swampert. OOOOOOOOOOOU. 105% of the teams use him. How to beat it? simple, use toxic in your own swampert ( over protect), and then switch to regice. Unless they have a good cleric, theyr swampert is faded to death
gengar already eat exploders on the breakfast.

I know he is on all of the teams, but i cant afford to lose protect on pert, i need it for leftovers recovery and it helps scout. I also have a huge explosion advantage when i do this, having protect AND gengar.

Medicham is fragile, so bulk up can help him much. I think fake out would fit better, because it have an absurd power and has priority-flinch

What exactly are you suggesting here?

Regice is extremly bulky, so Psych Up to put a end in this CMers (or decide the battle with a CH) is a good choice.

Yes, but then i lose my status absorber.

I had a team that was almost equal to yours (with my changes), but i had forry in flygon place, TTar in jolteon place and Medicham as the lead. Worked wonderfully

Good for you :)

This team is kind of weak on the physical defensive side, as Swampert's ability to take CB neutral hits is very limited, so only Gar can stop CB normal, fighting, and bug hits. One predicted HP ghost on Gar, and you'd practically lose a poke every time Hera gets a horn in. Tauros could also be an issue. You may want to consider throwing in something with both good defense and good resists, particularly normal. Since this is an offensive based team, and you were feeling iffy about Flygon, maybe Rhydon could replace Flygon. He could also make excellent use of Agility or a sub. Rhydon has trouble with bulky waters and skarm, but neither of those will be staying in on jolt, so you can get a free hit on them (two for skarm) if they switch in. Also, Blissey and Snorlax are likely to show up to stop Jolt, and depending on the moveset, Rhydon could make them very sad. A bulky Metagross could also do the job, or Jirachi. Any rock or steel with good defense and huge enough attack to still do damage with a bulky spread could work.

Hmmmm, ill think about that. I dont see any tauros/slakings around often, and when i do i can scout with sub, and then see if they use hp ghost/shadowball or not. The thing with losing flygon, is that i lose the EQ taking ability, which is the most common attack i see. But ill try it out.

Edit: Scoopapa go rate my UUs, and my NUs! And my sprites are moving :D

Destiny bond Is a Much Better Option For Gengar IN Advance, Status Moves Without 100% Accuracy are Risky, Especially without Focus Sash..And try Replacing Flygon with Salamence.. Its Better For me..

No, gengar is there to take normal/fighting/ground attacks, and then cripple their team, not suicide.

Flygon has a STAB eq and salamence is boring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)