Oh, Its That N00b Spriter Again >_>

Hi everyone!
Its me with another mediocre RMT. Without wasting any time, here I go!

Team At A Glance

Lead:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Pressure
EV's: 252 Atk / 252Spe / 6HP
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide

Aerodactyl is a great lead, although I mostly chose him cause I didnt want to use Gengar or Deoxys and the likes. Taunt to prevent people from setting up rocks, although Deo beats me to it. Rock Slide over Stone Edge since often the flinch rate and accuracy make all the difference.

Physical Sweeper....kinda-sorta..

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Impish
Inner Focus
EV's: 252HP / 160SpD / 96Spe
~Substitute
~Roost
~Dragon Dance
~Dragon Claw

"WTF? This n00b's sprites are going to his head..."
Well actually, no. I thought of this set as bulky sweeper, and this is a modified version of my original one with some EV tweaks( not that Imsure about it >> ). Basically the idea is to sub on the switch, then DD or Roost. Keep repeating and you eventually get a bulky attacker with great defensive capabilities. Yes I will get walled by steels, but I will usually do decent damage with 3 DD's under my belt. Just 96 SpD EV's guarantee survival against 56SpA Bold Vaporeon Ice Beam. Also against all blissey. It does have some problems, but for a while, I'll be sticking with this, only maybe EV tweaks.

Special Sweeper / Revenge Killer

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid
Flash Fire
EV's: 252SpA / 252Spe / 6Atk
~Explosion
~Fire Blast
~HP Ice
~Earth Power

Firstly before everything, I have problems getting HP Ice on shoddy. I had to use 0 Atk IVs and 30Def to get it. Please help me on the IVs needed
This is basically on every team, so not gonna elaborate. Timid for the speed and Explosion for big boom. Im bored of these standards, but I figured hed be great to absorb the incoming Ice attacks.

Mixed Sweeper

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive
Blaze
EV's: 28Atk / 252SpA / 220Spe
~Nasty Plot
~Flamethrower
~Grass Knot
~Close Combat

Infernape is my Mixed Attacker so yeah :/. I really want another mixed one, this guy is failing for me. PLease suggest one other than Salamence..I think I should go for a physical one as D-Nite isnt much of a sweeper...

Special Wall / Annoyer

Uxie @ Leftovers
Sassy
Levitate
EV's: 252HP / 252SpD / 6Def
~Toxic / Knock Off / Reflect / Light Screen ????
~Yawn
~U-Turn
~Thunderbolt

I need help on one of the moves. The standard one has SR, but I already got that.... Anyways, Uxie makes a great Special Wall, much more refreshing from Cresselia and Celebi. Pretty standard, with EV's toward SpD rather than Def. I love the little pixie :) Works great with SR and Spikes

Physical Wall

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Impish
Keen Eye
EV's: 252HP / 252Def / 6Spe
~Spikes
~Roost
~Brave Bird
~Roar

Yes this guy dies to any physical attack, but takes all physical ones like a man! Actually I chose hime coz, there are hardly any other god steels ( not Zong) that are so good at walling. I may remove him for Jirachi... Brave Bird saved my life in a stall war. Works great as Infernape and Uxie cause tons of switches, plus this guy does too!

So there is my team, please rate it! Threats coming soon....​

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok not an actual rate per se, but I think you its 17 hp IV's and the rest being standard HP Ice IV's for Heatran, if not just start from 31 and keep reducing the HP by 1 until you get it, I'll come back and rate the team later when I have more time but hope this helps for now :)

Ill probably rate it later but to get a good hp ice number on heatran select tran, put in hp ice, then change the attack to 22.

if you ever have problems with hidden power on legends set the hidden power to the one you want and just reduce one stat by 4iv's at a time

After Maybe 1-2 Dances, unless they lock themself into outrage a Salamence will sweep you almost everytime.

Oh typos pwn me :P
Thanks for the IV help, but no one is actually rating it :/
Cant Scarftran KO Salamence with HP Ice?
If I cant handle Mence, I need help with changing Infernape. What would make a good mixed attacke without adding weaknesses? Could an Azelf work with:

Azelf @ Life Orb
Naive
Levitate
EV's: 252Spe / ?Atk / ?SpA ( not a genius with EV's)
~Ice Punch
~Explosion
~Thunderbolt
~Psychic

Psychic for STAB, Bolt and Punch Beam for coverage, Explosion for when Im done. Maybe this guy could run a NP Bolt-Psychic-Ice Punch?? I dunno...

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Ok its 2am and I am going to attempt to rate this so dont be to harsh on me. In my honest opinion aerodactyl lead in the platinum metagame just isnt good anymore, I feel that its outclassed by many other leads such as deo,azelf,metagross,scizor,ttar,random trick user here. Infernape and heatran are pretty standard sets and are nice sweepers. You really lack a solid phsyical sweeper which has me kind of worried. I see some huge kingdra problems once your skarmory goes down, especially ones with sub/DD set. You also seem pretty weak to bulky water types such as cune, im not really sure how uxie deals with them. So what things do I suggest to fix this team out? I would change the lead to something else that I said earlier, Mixnape is a nice wall breaker. I would maybe suggest replacing heatran with a bulky water type ( so many to choose from). I am not to sure about uxie at all, I dont know what type of roll it plays on your team.

Uxie is there cause it can take special hits well and that yawn causes switches, so helps with spikes and SR. Yeah I think i should replace aero, ill probably try Deoxys, and If i use the spiker set, I guess I could remove Skarmory for a bulky water, I dunno, maybe Milotic? It would make a great status absorber, but I think I should probably go with CMShuffle Cune.

Aerodactyl can be replaced by Deoxys or Azelf, maybe gengar. Also, if you want a bulky water, i suggest using Swampert. It has an Electric Resist and it only have 1 Weakness, which is almost no problem for your team since Heatran, Infernape, Dragonite can take grass moves. It is also a better option than the other bulky waters because you don't have an Electric resist.

Also, i suggest you using Hasty on Heatran. It makes Explosion stronger.

On Infernape, you can better use the Standard Mixape set, with HP ice. It threatens more than the NP set i think.

I hope i helped :D

Note: Your NOT a n00b sprite for sure ;)

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
It's been a while since I've seen a team this weak to starmie. As you suggest, try replacing ape with a different sweeper. It' doesn't even need to be mixed. Off the top of my head, I'd suggest lucario or gallade, both of whom can wreck both special and physical walls after a swords dance.

Hm scofield now that you mention it, my team IS Starmie weak. I think ill try Gallade, as Lucario is almost always prepared for, not the case with Gallade. Also I've been thinking of putting ReSTalk Milotic over Skarmory and Deoxys-e over Aero?
What are your thoughts about these changes??

Instead of using using Nasty Plot on Infernape, to make him more effective, use HP ice. Also, something that you see on EVERY team these days, Scarf Tran, will rape your teams if your Heatran is down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)