Oh (23W/0L)

OH, OH HERRO DER UU FOLKS. Today I have a team for you that has been doing quite well for me.
23/0 On KittyFaces, and some OK ratio’s on my alts. Here are my ladderring accounts:

[

Here's a list of what my team consists of:

Defensive Suicine
Utility Claydol
Specially Defensive Togekiss
Scarfed Victini
Swords Dancing Virizion
Sub Calm-mind Raikou

The jist of the team is to set up rocks with Claydol while shutting down offensive taunt users using Claydol. Mienshao and Heracross, the two premier physical scarfers are generally kept at bay by using a Rest Sleep Talk Suicine, keeping it healthy for days. Togekiss is used to spread Paralysis which greatly help my team. Because my main attackers need "free-turns" to set up, it has trouble against Pokes that can hit hard right off the bat. Victini is to clean up using V-Create or Zen Headbutt; however, it keeps momentum by using U-Turn.

Now, let's just delve right into this, shall we?

Suicune @ Leftovers

Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Roar

This is a pretty standard set. I chose Suicine mostly because of its natural bulk, sporting 100/115/115 is no joke. It has great physical AND special bulk, so if need be, it can absorb weaker neutral special hits, such as Shadow Ball from Cofag and Psychics from Xatu. I run 0 Atk IV's so I can stall out Umbreons that carry Foul Play. Scald is for obvious reasons, not many Pokemon like being burned. Being burned, combined with the defensive EV's and natural typing make Suicine a great physical wall. Roar is to phase out set up sweepers, such as Dragon Dance Kingdra and the likes. Also, I use roar to rack up hazards damage when an obvious double switch is going to occur. It really messes up offensive momentum for the other team and allows Suicine to gain a bit more leftovers recovery.

Although Rest and Sleep Talk are quite unreliable, it is quite viable. The meta has shifted towards hard-hitting physical types, such as Darmanitan or Mienshao. Pokemon like Blastoise and Swampert can take hits, but not repeatedly. Running Rest on Suicine allows it to temporarily alleviate this problem. Recovery its HP is quite infuriating for such a bulky Mon.

Its ability is another reason why I chose the Moisture Queen, it has pressure. It will stall out other bulky walls for days. It will force Heracross to rely on Megahorn to hit my Victini once I stall it out of Stone Edges, etc etc.

Claydol @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat

I like Claydol. I get why people give it hate, but honestly, most of them are bandwagoners. It’s a utility ‘Mon. It sets up Stealth Rocks which are quite essential. It provides residual damage and offensive pressure towards the opposing team. It can take special hits quite well. It also has decent synergy with Victini which will often be my pivot switch. Earthquake is to 2HK all variants of Raikou and to keep Zapdos and Crobat from roosting. I use Magic Coat to break stall and hazards. Although it’s a one-time use kind of thing, I generally need it once. It stops Froslass, Azelf, and Mew from taunting me and setting up hazards.

The EV’s are straightforward. I maximize HP and Special Defense to sponge hits. Specs Raikou cannot 2HK this beast without crits. I will elaborate more if need be.

Togekiss @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SDef / 48 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell

Togekiss has been a Pokemon that has caused rage only comparable to Whimsicott and Jirachi. Togekiss has awesome defense stats while having an amazing ability to accompany it. Roost is for reliable recovery, something many walls in UU can only dream of having. Thunder Wave is to provide support for the team as well as helping myself to some ParaFlinching. Air Slash is for STAB and flinch rate-obviously. I thought about using Headbutt, since it’s more accurate and is still STAB, but a Flying-STAB is too hard to pass up. Heal Bell is to cure all statuses that would hinder my Pokes, namely Suicine who uses RestTalk.

The EV’s look really strange, but it’s really simple. The 0 Atk IV’s are for Foul Play and Confusion damage to be minimized. The 248 HP Ev’s are to hit a SR number. 212 Special Defense is to better take special hits since its typing already grants it some pretty good physical resistances (Bug, Ground, neutrality to Fighting). The 48 Speed Ev’s are used to outspeed max speed Crustle--something I’ve been seeing a lot of. So long as hax are with me, I can flinch hax it so only 1 hazard is up. I would Thunder Wave it, but I would have to rely on Thunder Wave paralyzing on the first turn. It also allows me to outspeed uninvested base 85’s--something many walls have (Gligar who cannot be paralyzed...makes it easier to hax it to death). Bold allows Togekiss to take Physical hits better. This spread is a bit different from standard (252/56/200); however, this one provides nearly the same bulk but boasts better utility against walls.

Togekiss has a monstrous base 120 SpA which is more than good enough to do damage to offensive Pokes. The ability to take a hit and retaliate with either a Thunder Wave or an Air Slash. This meant to take out Physical Walls, cripple scarfers, and provide support for my team overall.

Victini @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike

Victini, a Pokemon that is probably gonna be suspected soon :(. This little fire type is a monster due to its main STAB, V-Create. Boasting a 180 BP STAB attack is nothing to scoff at. U-Turn is to keep momentum, potentially racking up hazard damage. V-create is used to revenge most Pokes that knock out a wall. Zen-Headbutt is a great secondary STAB to have. People say to swap for Grass Knot or Flare Blitz, but Zen Headbutt allows me to clean up late game without any troubles. It has a 1% chance to miss, and I’ve never missed it. Speaking of which, its ability, Victory Star, makes it so it can hit normally inaccurate attacks, such as Bolt Strike. Bolt Strike is used to hit bulky water types that would normally wall Victini. It also allows me to hit Houndoom for some decent damage. The 20% paralyzing rate comes in handy sometimes too.

Max speed and Max attack with a Jolly nature is a must. Jolly allows it to bypass neutral base 100’s and positive natured 95’s along with neutral natured 105’s. Since it’s in such a sensitive speed-tier, it’s important to run +Spe nature. The reason why I choose Victini over Darmanitan, etc comes into 2 parts. Its bulk and its speed. Base 100 Speed allows it to outspeed a good portion of the meta game. Its bulk allows it to take hits WAYYY better. It is slower than Mienshao, probably the best scarfer of UU, and it can take most hits after 1 SR switch in and retaliate with either Zen Headbutt or V-Create. 4 Special Defense Ev’s are to prevent the Porygon family to gain a beneficial download boost.

With the usage of Special Victini increasing, many Pokes are reluctant to switch into the “usual” counters the first time, making it have a moderate surprise factor.

Raikou @ Leftovers

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The classic Sub-Calm Mind Raikou. This is my Zapdos Check and my special sweeper. It has great speed and good special attack, something that makes Mismagius practically obsolete. The 2 Atk Ev’s minimize Foul Play and Confusion damage. I considered using Discharge over Thunderbolt to help support my team; however, I feel like I would rather KO then take a risk on a 25% chance to paralyze after banking on a 30% chance of even paralyzing it. Hidden Power Ice forms a psuedo-BoltBeam combination which isn’t walled by much in UU. Though Swampert and Rhyperior are prevalent in UU, I have Virizion to take care of those 4x weak grass Pokes that handle Raikou.

There really isn’t much to be said about Raikou. Its basically a better offensive Zapdos. After 2 CM’s, it can get a free sub under LO Modest Zapdos, something that’s pretty impressive. This is meant to come in late game to punch holes into teams so Victini can win it. It takes care of Physical Walls that hinder Virizion.

Virizion @ Lum Berry

Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Virizion, a very underrated threat. It can run both a special and a physical set--and even a mixed attacking set! Swords Dance is something I need. This Poke takes care of those bitches who use Umbreon and Snorlax. It boasts STAB Close Comabt with NO draw-backs (Defense drops aren’t a big deal for the most part). Leaf Blade allows me to hit Swampert and Rhyperior, two pokes that give Raikou a hard time. Stone Edge is for coverage, hitting Crobat, Zapdos, Victini and Chandelure.

A Jolly Nature is to outspeed Jolly LO Mienshao. Lum Berry is to dodge status once, something that many people do not expect (Although it’s becoming more and more common). This Virizion is also a rather good check to Dark Types in general--Zoroark, Honkcrow, and Umbreon. It can gain an attack boost from those Pokes because GENERALLY, they don’t have the speed nor coverage moves to OHK Virizion. It’s my go to check to non-scarfed Virizion.

It takes about 65% from LO Adamant +1 Honkcrow (Sucker Punch). Too manly.

Anyways that’s the team, I shall make a threat list soon.

Import it if you want:

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SDef / 48 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat

Suicune @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Roar

Fuck me I had a whole review written up and then I accidentally hit back page.

But ya the gist of it was that I would make the togekiss a more offensive variant ( I had some nice damage calc :( ). Cuz right now it kinda gives a few more defensive things a free switch-in, especially rhyperior. I'd put the SpD EVs into SpA as toge already is pretty bulky on the special side and change thunder wave to nasty plot to put pressure on your opponent. Obviously you're choice, but idk I just feel like nasty plot toge is a much bigger pain in the ass to me than defensive toge.

Also idk where you'd fit him in but I'd definitely recommend Ambipom here. Just look at these damage calcs!

Technician Ambipom Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: (69.69 - 100.00%) -- possible OHKO
Technician Ambipom Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: (75.00 - 69.69%) -- possible AwesomeHKO
Technician Ambipom Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: (169.69 - 200.48%) -- possible (1/2)HKO

Fuck me I had a whole review written up and then I accidentally hit back page.

But ya the gist of it was that I would make the togekiss a more offensive variant ( I had some nice damage calc :( ). Cuz right now it kinda gives a few more defensive things a free switch-in, especially rhyperior. I'd put the SpD EVs into SpA as toge already is pretty bulky on the special side and change thunder wave to nasty plot to put pressure on your opponent. Obviously you're choice, but idk I just feel like nasty plot toge is a much bigger pain in the ass to me than defensive toge.

Also idk where you'd fit him in but I'd definitely recommend Ambipom here. Just look at these damage calcs!

Technician Ambipom Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: (69.69 - 100.00%) -- possible OHKO
Technician Ambipom Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: (75.00 - 69.69%) -- possible AwesomeHKO
Technician Ambipom Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: (169.69 - 200.48%) -- possible (1/2)HKO
Dude, Ambipom is too POWERFUL MAN. I'LL MAKE A TEAM WITH IT SOON, YOU KNOW IT BROTHER. Get your ass on Skype tomorrow so we can ladder.

And I've used Togekiss as a Bulky Offense Poke, but I feel like Chandelure poops on my life, but I'll give it another go on another alt. Thanks for the rate man :]

Btw folks, taking a huge break from this game, if coming back at all. Hax will always beat better players. Losing to garbage like this makes me sick:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-36502557

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)