Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

He was the lakers' first second round pick. He was selected a few spots above Andrew Goudelock. Morris is a 6'5" pass-first PG who looked solid in the preseason.

Norris Cole is looking like a stud for the Heat (and a great late draft pick up in my fantasy league!). If they can get him up to snuff and have him replace Chalmers as a starter eventually, the Heat will be seriously almost unstoppable outside of Center, because PG and C are their only slight weaknesses at the moment.

Yeah, I'm really surprised Morris isn't being played more. After what he did in the preseason, he should at least be considered for more playtime.

Speaking of playtime, I hope Ebanks keeps averaging the amount of time he's playing now. Last night obviously didn't show it, but he clearly improved a lot. Plus, he looks almost exactly like Ariza lol.

CaptKirby, I'm not sure who you thought the Mavs should have signed for 1 year instead of Haywood, but every decent Center that was a free agent this year was looking for a contract with a lot of years and a lot of $. Nobody was going to sign a one year contract with them. Haywood isn't very good, but he is better than any C that would have been willing to sign a one year deal. He's averaged about 10/10/2 per 36 with a surprisingly high FG% for a few years in a row.

the Heat will be seriously almost unstoppable outside of Center, because PG and C are their only slight weaknesses at the moment.
ARE YOU GIVING UP ON THE EDDY CURRY EXPERIMENT ALREADY?!?!

"It really starts defensively where we’re having problems just getting stops and then our offense looks bad, too, because we can’t play off of flow; we’ve got to take the ball out, we’ve got to play a slow-down game, and we weren’t good at that even last year," Nowitzki said. "We were at our best when we got stops, when we pushed the ball up, when we play in flow, when we move the ball and that’s hard to do if you take the ball out every time.

"So, we’ve got to work on our defense, got to get sharper, got to trust each other, work on our rotations and work on our coverages, so we’ve got a lot of work to do."

"We got a lot of defensive work to do."

"Even though our starting line-up is virtually the same as our 2010 Playoffs line-up, gave up a defensive, athletic center and wing, and signed the worst defensive shooting guard in history."

"Everything's fine."

Wow...wtf Suns...losing by 30 to the Sixers? That's just...wow...sad...

Safe to say these definitely aren't the runnin and gunnin Suns I was a fan of a few years ago...

Wow...wtf Suns...losing by 30 to the Sixers? That's just...wow...sad...

Safe to say these definitely aren't the runnin and gunnin Suns I was a fan of a few years ago...
just gunnin.. no more runnin since nash can't run anymore lol.

i also miss those nash/amare/joe/jason days...

Remember the time you thought Hedo Turkoglu was a game changer?
Lol fuck no, I always thought the deala for him and those others they picked up last year was just fucking ridiculous...top dollar for no names? Yeesh...signing Frye to an extension wasn't bad, but they still overpaid for him imo, he's an oddball center that shoots 3s...

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Yeah, fuck, the Heat vs Bobcats game was fucking intense. I almost thought we were gonna lose. Yeah, Cole is good, but sometimes his speed gets the best of him. The Big 3 really did a fantastic job though, especially Bosh.

Even though lebron was beasting the whole game I loved how they still set up that last possession for wade. And for that matter the GW seemed so easy for him lol. Bad ass "superman" gesture afterwards, too

Even though lebron was beasting the whole game I loved how they still set up that last possession for wade. And for that matter the GW seemed so easy for him lol. Bad ass "superman" gesture afterwards, too
DWade said in an interview he almost told Spo to write up a play for Lebron instead (since Bron was on fire all game). He decided to give it a shot and, welp.

I went to the Pistons/Cavs game last night, almost 40 turnovers in all so it was kind of ugly. Pistons were basically garbage, Cavs got easy baskets all game and Pistons offense lacked any cohesion. The CAVALIERS shot 56% or something for the game. Let that one sink in.

Kyrie Irving is going to be awesome. Brendan Knight looked good, too. Tristan Thompson had some sick blocks and was surprisingly good offensively. Austin Daye was kind of quiet, I think he needs to be more aggressive, he's talented and oversized for his position. He had matchups against Cleveland PGs more than once and didn't try shooting over them (he's 6'10)

So much for the Celtics getting typical hot start in the beginning of the season. They're sunk.
To be fair, Paul Pierce sat out the first 3 games, two of which were pretty close (and likely wins with Pierce in the game) and the last was on the second night of a back to back at the end of a road trip. For being 0-3, things could be worse.

I'd be more worried as a Maverick fan than a Celtic fan. At least I'm confident that the Celtics can't possibly miss the playoffs (I don't think either team is realistically competing for a championship this year, though).

Eh, they still weren't that bad of a team without Pierce. The last time they were without Pierce, they were able to beat the Magic on Christmas day.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Eh, they still weren't that bad of a team without Pierce. The last time they were without Pierce, they were able to beat the Magic on Christmas day.
That was prior to their disastrous moves before the trade deadline. I still believe that team could have won the championship.

Kobe gonna Kobe, even with five turnovers. <3

How about the ending to the Mavs-Thunder game, though? That was fucken' awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)