Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mavericks got slapped but both teams looked sloppy earlier in the game but that's prolly cause of the long hiatus. heat was way more prepared though.. so i hope this is a wake up call for mavericks.
loving the heat's improved defence and especially how they played dirk. mavericks were very sloppy on transition and also seemed to be without any motivation (well, except JET). dirk was said to have been lacking motivation since eurobasket; he "hadn't touched a ball for two months". without chandler, mavericks stand no chance unless they acquire a defensive stopper...

R.I.P. championship hopes 2012

Sacrificing our season by getting rid of Chandler better be worth it (a.k.a. we better get Dwight Howard out of this by trade or free agency).

*Get a championship*

*Use the same starting line-up as 2010 sans one guard, who is a veteran and shouldn't change much things*

*Not have a lead anymore than a couple of points for two days in a row*

*Be down 30+ opening night, and lose by 20 the next*

Nothing to worry about, guys.

*Get a championship*

*Use the same starting line-up as 2010 sans one guard, who is a veteran and shouldn't change much things*

*Not have a lead anymore than a couple of points for two days in a row*

*Be down 30+ opening night, and lose by 20 the next*

Nothing to worry about, guys.
Well at that rate, they'll lose by 10 next, tie, then start winning by 10, 20, 30, 40, etc right?

ok this sucks. if the lakers are still losing by the time bynum comes back, just go ahead and do gasol + bynum for howard

ok this sucks. if the lakers are still losing by the time bynum comes back, just go ahead and do gasol + bynum for howard
They would do that trade NOW if they could...

Mavericks will still be a playoff team, but with the changes over the off-season it's a huge stretch to say they'll be competing for a championship. I still think Cuban was right to blow it up, but it pretty much means they're banking on grabbing Howard or Williams next year. Delonte West will be better than most people expect if he can stay healthy, but VC is pretty bad and Lamar Odom doesn't fit into this team nearly as well as Chandler did. Losing JJ hurts too.

Whoever suggested using the amnesty on Haywood; that would leave them with 0 starting Centers, they're already lacking depth at the position and Haywood was probably better than anything they could've gotten in free agency without overpaying and locking themselves out of next years superstars.

Every single person whose playoff lists for the West didn't include the Nuggets is going to look dumb in a month or two :) IMO they're a lock for the playoffs and have the potential to make a decent run, that team is young and deep. I believe they were the BEST team in the league last year post Melo trade and look to be a high quality team again this year. Every tired team coming into Denver at the tail end of back to backs and long road trips will be easy wins for the Nuggets, even more so than usual.

West -
1. Thunder
2. Nuggets
3. Clippers
4. Spurs
5. Lakers
6. Grizzlies
7. Mavericks
8. Trailblazers

East -
1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Knicks
4. Celtics
5. Pacers (!)
6. Magic if they retain Howard
7. Hawks
8. 76ers unless they finally trade AI, in which case either Nets or Bucks, leaning Nets.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
If Norris Cole is as beast as he looked, I'm afraid the Heat are gonna win this season easily. Stupid Lakers not getting PG talent like this!

The nuggets are not getting a friggin' 2 seed.
Just like to reiterate that the Nuggets offense got slightly better after the Melo trade, defense improved by leaps and bounds, scoring margin went from +2 to +12 (the highest in the league), and projected over a season would have had the best Rebounding rate, Defensive Rebounding rate, Offensive Efficiency, opposing FG%, opposing TFG%, and overall record. They were incredible post-Melo.

A lot of Nugs are poised to have great seasons this year. Lawson will probably be great and if Galinari ever breaks out it'll be this season. Nuggets have a pretty good rotation of bigs and in general are just a young team with fresh legs and lots of depth. In a condensed season with less conditioned/more exhausted opponents, they'll be winning damn near every home game and still be stealing plenty on the road. Sleep on them at your own risk.

There's sleeping on them and then there's putting them at a 2 seed. I understand how good they were near the end of the season, but that was near the end of the season. They were a new team, and coaches around the league didn't have much time to adjust to them. They still lost handily to OKC.

Also, there's no guarantee those stats hold up even over a 66-game season at least to the extent that they did in those teen odd games.. The sample is pretty short.

It's going to be a good game tomorrow LA Clippers vs San Antonio Spurs!

Hopefully the Heat carry good momentum against the BobCats. Charlotte has a pretty good talented group of players so I'm sure they'll give a good showing.

I'm just happy the Lakers are gonna win tonight. After they blew the game against the Kings--the Kings--I wasn't sure what to expect. At least we got this performance. <3

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A lot of people stepped up like World Peace, gasal, blake.

also im interested in what kind of surgery kobe got.

Whoever suggested using the amnesty on Haywood; that would leave them with 0 starting Centers, no it would not they would have signed one for $10 million one year, what did you think the point of my post wasthey're already lacking depth at the position and Haywood was probably better than anything they could've gotten in free agency not true, Haywood is old and also super fucking terriblewithout overpaying and locking themselves out of next years superstars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)