ORAS OU Offensive Team

I don't know if I would call this "hyper" offense, but all 6 members of this team are fairly offense-oriented. I've played probably 12 games with it and won all but 2, both for pretty avoidable reasons. I'm sure more testing will give me a better perspective on it, but I think I've seen enough to know the team is pretty solid overall. One general problem is a decent overall weakness to fire. Another is that Rotom-W seems to create problems for me; I need to come up with a clearer plan for dealing with it. A more minor one is difficulty dealing with Garchomp if Empoleon is already taken out (very possible as it often leads). I'd probably be most open to replacing Thundurus, or maybe Magnezone.

The team:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

I really like this build of Landorus. I don't think it's one of the recommended sets, but I've found it to work very well. It has very strong bulk, and it can switch in on a lot of things. After Rock Polish, his speed hits 436, with his attack already at 427. Switching in on a physical attacker with Intimidate can yield a lot of switches and set-up opportunities.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

Several aspects of the set are unconventional, I guess: Substitute over Roost, Bug Buzz over Giga Drain, and the speed investment/nature. I find Substitute to be extremely useful, primarily in avoiding status and secondarily just in getting some security in situations when it forces something out. Bug Buzz is STAB and hits tons of things hard neutrally after boosts. I also find it useful against things like Latios. The speed can be useful in getting a boost off first against special attackers. Is there a specific speed number I should lower it down to?

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I don't have much to say about this. The ground weakness sucks, but this thing is pretty useful. I do wonder if I should switch out a move for better coverage...should I?

Empoleon @ Air Balloon
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Scald

I usually lead with this. It's pretty awesome, as it has pretty good bulk and very nice power (which people may not expect). It can set up SR and potentially take out a good portion of the other team itself, if it gets off Agility. The downside is that I sometimes have to choose between setting up SR and giving Empoleon longevity with Agility, but overall I've found this set very useful. The 44 Speed EVs are to out-speed Garchomp after Agility (basically for Garchomp leads that use Stealth Rock on the first turn, who can then be destroyed by Ice Beam). Should I consider investing more?

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Prankster Thunder Wave can be really useful in stopping opponents who've managed to set up, and then this thing hits pretty hard with solid coverage. Two questions: Would it be crazy or potentially worthwhile to replace Psychic with Nasty Plot? Would Hidden Power Ice be better than Flying?

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Swords Dance + Bullet Punch is obviously very powerful. Defog can be frustrating because Bisharp seems to be heavily used these days, but bluffing it against teams that have it can provide a free Swords Dance. It would be nice to have Roost, but I don't really have any other way to remove hazards, and this set seems to work decently.

Because you said you suffer a problem with Rotom-W, I suggest You Replace your current Thundurus to NP Thundurus and HP Ice>HP Flying Magnezone's Item to Choice Specs as Then Rotom W becomes Setup Bait and HP Ice provides a MockBoltBeam powered up by NP and in Magnezones case, the power is more important than Speed as steel types are trapped anyway. If you want, you can Scarf Landorus, as all other members of your team are setupers now, but this change is only a suggestion.

Sets:

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Alright, yeah, I changed the Landorus set to that one. HP Ice definitely seems more useful. Despite its low base Speed, Magnezone's Scarf has been pretty useful, but I'll try out Specs and see how it does. Scarfing Landorus would change it completely, and I like the current set a lot, but thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)