Offensive Team (OU RMT)

i have been playing RD teams a lot recently, but too much RD can make someone bored. (I never bore of Blisseys switching into Ludi's Focus Punches, thanks again Peachfuzz) I decided to try an offensive team, mainly because of the Rhyperior discussion, i looked and i went, hell i just had to try one. It went pretty well, i'm going to present it in Zema's format which is simply kick ass, and some.

minor thing, if you can think of a better name than Rhyperior offense, please tell me. haha, im lazy.

Rhyperior Offense | The Team

• The Lead :: Heatran (Packin' Heat)
  • Item: Choice Scarf
  • Nature: Timid
  • EVs: 4 HP | 252 Sp Atk | 252 Speed
  • Ability: Flash Fire
  • Move Set:
    • Flamethrower: Which Heatran would be complete without his signature STAB move? Flamethrower gives me a reliable move to hit most of the things in the metagame for relatively high damage.
    • Earth Power: Need I explain more? Hurts steels, poisons, and also primarily other Heatrans. It's here mainly for a lack of a better move, but Earth Power can always lower SpDef once in a while. =D
    • HP Electric: Hello Gyarados. Now die. HP Electric gives me a reliable move to hit Gyarados with, considering I am in the lead spot and Gyara leads are more common than Swampert leads. Swampert gives me a free switch to Skymin anyway, and Vaporeon can wear it down with Surfs.
    • Dragon Pulse: Well I do need something to revenge Dragons right? Contemplating Explosion, as it nukes Bliss and her fat ass into oblivion, but Heatran coming into Bliss seems too easy to predict, and I'm not good at predicting switch ins. It will seriously help me with Blissey troubles though.
  • Description: Timid Scarftran is as common as nuts in today's speed crazy metagame, and for good reason, it hits hard and fast and has a decent amount of bulk, coupled with the ability to outdamage Zapdos in a Roost/Thunderbolt War. It gives me a reliable revenge killer plus something to beat Celebi and Skymin who beat Rhyperior without a Sub easily.
  • Weaknesses: Ground (4x), Water (2x), Fighting, (2x)
  • Resistances: Normal (0.5x), Flying (0.5x), Psychic (0.5x), Ghost (0.5x), Dragon (0.5x), Dark (0.5x), Steel (0.25x), Bug (0.25x), Grass (0.25x), Ice (0.25x)
  • Immunities: Poison, Fire
  • Stealth Rock Damage: 12.5%

• Keeping Up the Offense :: Scizor (I've got wings!)
  • Item: Choice Band
  • Nature: Adamant
  • EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Speed
  • Ability: Technician
  • Move Set:
    • Brick Break: Demolishes Screens, and still does hell lot to Blissey, Snorlax, Magnezone, etc. Strong move on its own, but i don't find myself using this often. It's just to break screens. Considering Superpower over this.
    • Bullet Punch: With such a strong STAB Technician boosted priority move, how could i resist? CB Bullet Punch tears through a whole lot of things, 2HKOing Dragons, screwing off Ice types, etc. I have the ready boost from CB so this is strong as hell.
    • Pursuit: I shit on Gengar's face! Beats ghosts, although with Froslass i tend to go Bullet Punch after being skewered by one particular Froslass that HP Fired Scizor's butt to death. T.T Does incredible damage to Blissey as it switches out too.
    • U-Turn: Beats psychics, Celebi, and doesn't leave my Scizor waiting like a sitting duck there for a Heatran to come in. Normally used to scout for Scizor counters, and with STAB, does the most damage in this whole set on its own.
  • Description: Scizor is my go-to guy with Blissey who throw around Thunder Wave, most of the time, since with Bullet Punch, Scizor is the one who retains the most useability after being statused. (Since I don't want to ruin Rhyperior so early just in case of Toxic) Scizor also does the job of cleaning up late game when Rhyperior has done his damage, and also an extra check against Celebi and Skymin. He rips through Abomasnow and other Ice types too, so that helps Rhyperior even more.
  • Weaknesses: Fire (4x)
  • Resistances: Normal (0.5x), Ice (0.5x), Psychic (0.5x), Bug (0.5x), Ghost (0.5x), Dragon (0.5x), Dark (0.5x), Steel (0.5x)
  • Immunities: Poison

• Don't Underestimate me! :: Vaporeon (Puppylove)
  • Item: Leftovers
  • Nature: Bold
  • EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Sp Atk
  • Ability: Water Absorb
  • Move Set:
    • Wish: Wish is a great healing move, supporting both the team members as well as Vaporeon well, keeping them alive for the lategame, and to counter threats to Rhyperior at any point in time.
    • Surf: Beats MixApe, and provides reliable STAB for Vaporeon, although I like reliable healing and scouting with protect, an extra check against Infernape is always good.
    • Hidden Power Electric: HP Electric for my second check against Gyarados, since Vappy can take any Gyarados hit bar an incredibly strong CBed Bounce that crits. Maybe it can take that too. Anyway provides me with a reliable Gyarados counter, who stops Rhyperior cold with faster waterfalls.
    • Ice Beam: Gives me a good check against Dragons, and beats those annoying Skymin, but i guess Vappy won't be staying into Skymin anyway.
  • Description: Vaporeon sponges physical hits perfectly, even powerful physical attackers like Scizor, Salamence, Metagross and Tyranitar will find a hard time trying to break Vaporeon with an unboosted physical hit, despite their magnificent attack stats. (Bar Explosion. Duh) I keep it as my Gyarados and Salamence counter, and he still stays as a staple of my offensive teams as the glue that holds them together with Wish.
  • Weaknesses: Grass (2x), Electric (2x)
  • Resistances: Fire (0.5x), Ice (0.5x), Steel (0.5x)
  • Immunities: Water

• Hit Hard, and Hit Fast :: Salamence (Don't mess with me)
  • Item: Life Orb
  • Nature: Naive
  • EVs: 56 HP | 252 Atk | 176 Speed | 24 SpAtk
  • Ability: Intimidate
  • Move Set:
    • Dragon Dance: Dragon Dance Salamence, how unique. *sarcasm* Anyway Dragon Dance provides me with a reliable late game sweeper, since +1 Dragon Claw does loads to the opponent.
    • Dragon Claw/Outrage: Salamence's obligatory STAB move, although Outrage works wonders as well. Both are powerful with STAB and clean up pretty much nearly anything that doesnt resist it.
    • Fire Blast: Required for Skarmory, and gives Salamence the power to beat SkarmBliss. Fire Blast does more than Fire Fang though I hate its accuracy to bits sometimes.
    • Earthquake: Beats stuff that resist the former two moves. Earthquake is reliable with 100BP, and kills Heatran, etc, making Salamence the most reliable lategame cleanup ever bar Scizor, but mine is Banded so resistances stop it.
  • Description: Once Salamence finds a way to come in, which is quite a lot of times, courtesy of its typing that brings it quite a number of Resistances, it immediately poses a threat, plus it still breaks SkarmBliss, which was what SDNape was originally here for. Dragon Dance plus those three moves give me a powerful late game cleanup poke, but I mainly threw this in for its fighting and ground resists and immunity. EVs give enough SpAtk to beat Skarm, enough Speed to outrun base 90s, max attack and just dumped the rest into HP, giving it 345 HP if i'm not wrong, which is odd number.
  • Weaknesses: Ice (4x), Rock (2x), Dragon (2x)
  • Resistances: Fire (0.5x), Bug (0.5%), Water (0.5x), Fighting (0.5x), Grass (0.25x)
  • Immunities: Ground

• Titan :: Rhyperior (I got the power!)
  • Item: Leftovers
  • Nature: Adamant
  • EVs: 148 HP | 192 Atk | 168 Speed
  • Ability: Solid Rock
  • Move Set:
    • Substitute: Eases prediction, and gives me a wall for me to prepare such a gamebreaking physical sweeper. These subs are very sturdy, and can be setup on stuff like Bronzong Gyro Ball, Blissey Ice Beam, etc.
    • Swords Dance: Stat up move, i prefer this over Rock Polish considering i like OHKOing Skarm with +2 Stone Edge. SD raises his 400 attack to a whopping 800 with 2 100 BP STAB moves to boot. Deadly.
    • Stone Edge: First STAB move, the accuracy fucks me up from time to time, but it's no big problem in the long run so much that i have to stick wide lens on it. Stone Edge screws those that resist Earthquake.
    • Earthquake: All round great coverage move, which, when paired with STAB and Swords Dance gives awesome damage against many a tank in the metagame.
  • Description: Well, it all boiled down to this, even though this isnt in the last team slot, its certainly the centrepiece of the team. SD Sweeps are so powerful they are a force to be reckoned with. Nothing much to say.
  • Weaknesses: Grass (2.66x), Water (2.66x), Fighting (1.33x), Ice (1.33x), Ground (1.33x), Steel (1.33x)
  • Resistances: Normal (0.5x), Fire (0.5x), Flying (0.5x), Rock (0.5x), Poison (0.25x)
  • Immunities: Electric
  • Stealth Rock Damage: 6.25%

• Must I clean up your mess? :: Jolteon (Vaporeon? What Vaporeon?)
  • Item: Choice Specs
  • Nature: Modest/Timid
  • EVs: 4 HP | 252 Sp Atk | 252 Speed
  • Move Set:
    • Signal Beam: Still beats Starmie, and hurts TTar switch ins. Celebi also gets destroyed, and I like that a lot. Considering Baton Pass, but I don't see Dugtrio much so...
    • Thunderbolt: With such powerful STAB, how can Jolteon not take advantage of it? Thunderbolt provides me with a reliable attack to hit other opponents under a Sub, similar to Skymin's Seed Flare but without the immense power and hax. Helps to outdamage Zapdos, since I do more with Thunderbolt than he does with Heat Wave.
    • Shadow Ball: Beats physically bulky Rotoms, as they all are, for countering fighting pokes. Rotom dies to 2 shadow balls unless my calculations do me wrong.
    • HP Grass: Beats Pert, who was what Shaymin-S was here for, although i can't easily switch into attacks, and I must rely on this as a revenge killing tactic. I've been in a situation where Pert came in on Heatran, then i went for Vaporeon who sponged his attacks, then Zapdos came in on Vappy and I absorbed electric like a charm. After that, both went down without a question to Jolteon. HP Ice isn't needed since I have Vaporeon as a surefire Dragon counter.
  • Description: Jolteon is here basically to cover up my weaknesses. Suicune, Vaporeon, Tentacruel, bulky waters in general can be taken by Jolteon. Jolteon can also go Timid to attempt to outspeed DD BulkyGyara. Timid also lets me outspeed Skymin, thereby letting me at least do something before dying. =D Modest allows me to severely outdamage Zapdos though, yet i drop the speed, so I'm not sure.
  • Weaknesses: Ground (2x)
  • Resistances: Flying (0.5x), Steel (0.5x)
  • Immunities: Electric
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How I deal with most of OU threats:

Heatran: Vaporeon is my initial switch, who can take all of its attacks bar a boosted HP Grass, since Scarfed HP Grass does 3HKO if hes lucky, if not its 4HKO. Heatran can beat sub versions who are not under Sub due to scarf.

Scizor: Heatran takes most of its attacks but has to watch out for Superpower, Jolteon resists Bullet Punch and sets up a Sub in its face, then dealing powerful STAB thunderbolts. Salamence can Intimidate it and deal a 4x SE Fire Blast.

Salamence: Vaporeon takes it head on, Jolteon can take it down at around 30,40-ish with Thunderbolt, If it's locked into Outrage, Heatran beats it with Dragon Pulse, or if Heatran is dead, i beat it slowly with BP from Scizor.

Zapdos: Zapdos is outdamaged by Jolteon's Thunderbolt, while all Zapdos can do is Heat Wave, which is 3HKO. Thunderbolt is 2HKO, and since I'm faster, thats good. Heat Wave is only 3HKO for bulky versions with no special attack investment though, so if it does a surprising amount of damage i can be alerted to their Zapdos having special attack investment and I can act accordingly. Rhyperior beats non HP Grass versions, and Salamence sets up on HP Grass versions.

Blissey: Rhyperior sets up subs on it simple, and dents it's counters first. Scizor can scare it away although i'll want to U-turn considering either Zapdos or Gyarados or something like that is coming in. Salamence can take it but watch out for Ice Beam.

Gyarados: Vappy is a good counter, although jolteon and Heatran also contribute Electric attacks to bring down Gyara fast.

Lucario: It can't setup on Heatran, not on Salamence. There are only two situations where it can setup, or risk dying after Extremespeeding, which is on Vaporeon, or if Scizor is locked into Bullet Punch, either ways, Heatran forces it out. Unless he predicts and Close Combats. then i'll cry.

Gengar: Scizor beats Gengar by means of pursuit, and since this is so surefire i won't say much else.

Tyranitar: Vaporeon wears it down with surf, Scizor blasts Tyranitar off with Bullet Punch/U-turn, Salamence whacks it hard with EQ. Vaporeon is my go-to pokemon here.

Skymin: Scizor's Bullet Punch kind of owns Skymin, outdamaging it even when behind a sub due to CB, doing 70-82% if my damage calcs are correct. Heatran also outspeeds and beats Skymin in the rare case i don't beat it with Scizor. Salamence 4x resists Grass but its not that good since Air Slash is a 2HKO in most cases.

Metagross: Jolteon under Sub can weaken it, Rhyperior can take it on, but i don't like using Rhyperior too early coz i don't wanna weaken it. Vaporeon's surfs can weaken it, and Heatran can take leads, as well as revenge all Metagross. Scizor can come in and U-Turn out but its a little unnecessary IMO. Salamence can touch up with Earthquake though, but switching in directly can cause problems due to Clear Body and STAB Meteor Mash from Meta.

Infernape: Any version not sporting a scarf is taken by Jolteon, though Vaporeon is my initial switch due to popularity of MixApe. Heatran can take those with a scarf if i predict well.

Swampert: Jolteon is my counter, but I have to be cautious, and force it out with Vaporeon, since i can stay and tank his hits all day. As long as I don't predict stupidly and switch Jolteon into an EQ, Swampert really can't do much.

Bronzong: I find it hard to take him down, none of my members beat Bronzong easily bar double Flamethrowers from Heatran. Vaporeon wears it down, but there's always the threat of explosion. Scizor also wears it down, with U-Turn. Jolteon can sub up on him while resisting Gyro Ball and to scout for EQ.

Azelf: Bullet Punch is a surefire way to bring down zelf, although i may need to wear him down first. I can tempt him into Flamethrower and bring in Heatran for an easy kill with a boosted Flamethrower of his own. Timid Jolt can outspeed for Revenge.
Suicune: Jolteon can take unboosted surfs and whack hard with SE STAB Thunderbolt, which is 2HKO.

Celebi: Heatran takes it okay unless theres Earth Power. which is just...argh. Scizor can revenge if Heatran gets killed, and Salamence can touch up on Defensive Seeder versions with Fire Blast.

Vaporeon: Jolteon takes Vappy's attacks and screws it up with Thunderbolt, but I normally sub up on it just in case of a switch.

Kingdra: Jolteon weakens it with Thunderbolt, and when rain is up, i stall with Vappy as long as possible until i can bring Heatran for a revenge if Ludicolo isn't on.

Thats the top 20 i think, or 19. Also, some of the common types of teams.

Stall: Salamence can break standard SkarmBliss with little effort, Rhyperior sets up on Bliss like a charm and SD Stone Edge almost KOs Skarmory if im not wrong. Hippowdon can be handled by Vaporeon, and Jolteon beats Zapdos. Celebi also tends to give me problems due to Stall teams having Blissey and Hippowdon to switch into Heatran, but the former is invitation for me to setup.

Rain Dance: I have a hard time against RD teams, and i normally resort to using Vaporeon to stall rain, which sucks because RD teams have Ludicolo who outpaces Vappy's Wish/Protect, and Vappy can't do much in return. My best bet is taking out their main Rain Starters, AKA Bronzong/Their Lead/Scizor/ whatever. Tough thing to fight against.

Offensive: I'm also using this as an offensive team, so im 6-6 against most offensive teams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PREVIOUS TEAM MEMBERS
Shaymin-S @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
Moves:
- Substitute
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash

Reason for removing:
Though Skymin just wins games, I needed a good Zapdos counter, and Skymin doesnt work.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Moves:
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Reason for removing:
Infernape added to my fighting and ground weakness so i swapped it for Salamence who remedies that and still beats SkarmBliss.

MEMBERS THAT I'M INTERESTED IN TRYING
(PLEASE AVOID IF YOU THINK THIS THREAD IS LONG ENOUGH ALREADY =D)
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Moves:
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Crunch
Pursuit

Reason for interest: Tyranitar sets up sand for Rhyperior, with Choice Scarf has the speed to provide me with reliable revenge killing, plus giving me a powerful physical attacker that can take hits on its own.

Suicune @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 HP or 252 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 Def
Moves:
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- HP Electric
- Surf/Substitute

Reason for interest: Suicune rids opponents of their bulky water fast, even more so with Substitute to ruin Toxic. I'm interested to try out Offensive Cune purely because it rids Zapdos too. Which is something not many Bulky Waters can talk about.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/4 Atk
Moves:
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Rest
Sleep Talk

Reason for interest: Gyarados is a pretty bulky water and works perfect in tandem with Jolteon. It can beat other gyarados, and is an impressive defensive wall.

Looks like a solid team, has a few problems though

Gyarados really rips apart your team, bar vaporeon, and if it's dead that it rampages through your team. ice fang/stone edge ohko's skymin, waterfall 2hko's scizor and scizor can't do much in return, waterfall/eq ohko's heatran and waterfall ohko's rhyperior (all of this is based on a DD) i suggest a defensive celebi over skymin, because it provides a great defensive combo with heatran, can set up rocks, paralyze things, still pack grass knot for gyara move and can pack earth power for the heatran switch ins, it also has the ability to set up screens, which helps a lot when some threats come out to play.

@ Marowack: Thanks for your suggestions, Gyarados really does do a number on the team. Celebi sounds like a good bet, but it's also cue for Zapdos to come in. Zapdos, if you've noticed, can do a hell lot to my team especially if it has HP Grass, or maybe the physically bulky versions. I also have a problem with tentacruel since i have no reliable way to whack him down to size quickly. I'm thinking Specs Jolteon would be the way to go, since it beats Gyara down to size, owns Zapdos, and can take Tentacruel perfectly too. Celebi is interesting, but i feel although it kind of beats Gyarados, and can setup Light Screen even, for Zapdos and Heatran, It doesn't really help with Tentacruel.

i assume the celebi set you were recommending was this one?

Celebi @ Leftovers
252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Natural Cure
Bold
Moves:
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- HP Ice/Light Screen/Reflect

It will, give me a reliable defensive wall, a screener, surefire Gyara counter, but i feel this will help me counter my threats better.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs/Leftovers
252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Volt Absorb
Timid/Modest
Moves:
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

It beats Bulky Waters, beats Gyara, beats Zapdos, so yeah im incorporating it in. Please tell me if Celebi is truly a better choice, thanks.

MORE RATES PLEASE =P
I really put in a lot of effort for this offensive team.

if i may point out, jolly LO gyara, which is getting more common with all the scarftrans, outspeeds jolteon too.

after thinking about it, yeah, i'll stick surf over protect on Vappy, since i want to stop MixApe too. thanks

First off, lose Ice Beam on Vaporeon. Whilst it stops Salamence setting up on you, Vaporeon can't switch in to Salamence at all as it doesn't take Outrages or Draco Meteors at all well. Rhyperior is a much better switch in as it takes +1 LO Earthquakes with plenty to spare and can OHKO with Stone Edge. Protect is generally better to help you stall for Wish healing and makes it much easier to stick around for a while. I would really consider losing Signal Beam on Jolteon too for Baton Pass, as it allows you to scout switches much better. Tyranitar is hit just as hard by Thunderbolt, whilst Celebi doesn't like Shadow Balls or Baton Passes to Scizor.

I'm not liking your total inability to sponge powerful fighting/ground hits, especially with so many weaknesses to both types. You really need a resistance in there somewhere, whilst I would probably rather have two one will do if you play it carefully. I would recommend playing some form of Salamence over Infernape; it supplies you with the needed resistances whilst still leaving you with a decent end-game cleaner. A bulky Dragon Dancer would probably fit here quite nicely. Alternatively, you could try something like an Exploding Gengar (helps with SkarmBliss, who can become difficult without Ape) or a ReSTalk DD Gyarados, who would help your team take status, which at the moment your team has problems with. Gliscor could also fit here; not only can it take these Fighting/Ground hits for you, but it will also be able to get SR down. You would lose a lot of offense though.

Advice taken, first I will try baton pass on Jolteon, hopefully it works better, but normally i felt i was always better just smacking the switch in hard. I will also test Surf/HP Electric/Wish/Protect on Vaporeon. On the fighting and ground weaknesses, I do need something to effectively stop these kind of things. Gliscor would be good, but I could also go with Swords Dance/Roost/Earthquake/Stone Edge Gliscor, giving me some offense to work with, plus something that doesnt mind fighting hits at all due to resist and roost. I don't really find the place to fit in Stealth rock as you said, I'll lose a lot of offense which is something I wouldn't particularly like.

RestTalk Gyara and Bulky DDers are good options too, just that i don't know what to put them over. I will try out Bulky Salamence over Infernape, hopefully it'll work, but Dragonite is also cool too, providing Light Screen for those nasty bulky water switch ins. I'll test both and see which works better.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
The thing about offensive teams is that they mostly don't have the defensive core to handle every kind of threat. This means that they often cannot afford to give the opponent free turns to set up. This means that offensive teams with a lot of choice items tend to not be a good idea.

IE, if scarftran is stuck in earth power, jolteon in hp grass, or scizor in brick break, or even pursuit, you are giving, say, shaymin a free sub. Once it gets that sub up, you're team is in major trouble.

This is not to say that choiced items are bad on offensive teams completey, you just want to be careful about what exactly is choiced and to limit it and to have checks against threats that can set up while you're stuck in said attacks. For example, on one of my more offensive teams, I use scarf metagross, however it knows trick, which is almost used immediately. I also have choice band salamence. However, cb outrage does such crazy damage that it doesn't matter if it is resisted (and even then only steels can resist it). It can 1hko lucario, 2hko magnezone, 3hko bronzong, etc. Outrage is almost literally the only attack I ever use on it.

Yeah, I know that this is very general advice, but it is just something to be aware of while you are making your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)