Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
Although ranked to NU, it outspeeds almost anything without a scarf in UU. The only exception is Barraskewda, which is often maxed attack and actually slower than Jolteon. Volt absorb isn't the greatest ability but combine with water absorb on Vaporeon and some good anticipate, the team is immune to Rotomwash which is a common lead.
Often used as the lead unless the foe team have Ground type.The downside is on its movepool (poor coverage), there is almost no way for this to threaten a Gound type
I chose shadow ball instead of hyper voice due to the fact that hyper voice can't super effective and hardly threatening when with Choice Specs. (while shadow ball can at least threat Celebi, Doublade, Palossand and Espeon to some extend)

Psy Eevee (Espeon) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Weather Ball
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
Because non the eeveeolution family can learn defog or rapid spin, Magic Bounce is the only method of protection against field hazard. Galvantula and Ribombee are the main threat to this tactic (it's hard to predict if they will use bug buzz or sticky web). But guess I have to live with that...
As there are so many knock off present in this tier, I decided to use Colbur Berry for batter protection against scarf knock off. Can change to Focus sash but I personally think the berry is better.
The coverage of fairy+fire(weather ball)+grass+psychc is slightly better than fairy+fire(weather ball)+ghost+psychc, so I didn't use shadow ball. Grass knot is an uncommon but effective check to Rhyperior, Seismmitoad and Barbaracle. (Not so much for Gigalith, it's not heavy enough and have 1.5x SpD in Sandstrom)

Fairy Eevee (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
Well...it's just a common wall breaker in UU. Nothing much to comment about. The only difference is I switch mystical fire to weather ball which has way better power. I also added 4EVs to speed in order to outspeed other Sylveons.
Switch Choice Specs to Life orb is an option, but shouldn't make much difference though.

Leaf Eevee (Leafeon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Solar Blade
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor
Personally thinks the best sun sweeper at this tier, it's fast (faster than Gardevoir), has high attack (110 species strength) and access to the solar blade since gen8. Although limited to a poorer movepool (which are partially solved by sword dance).
The EVs are distributed so it's merely faster than Gardevoir.
X-scissor can switch to Double-edge/Bullet Seeds/Double Kick.
Works well against most of the Pokemons in UU if get a chance to sword dance. But only when Arcanine&Incineroar (which has intimidate and is fire type), Sirfetchd&Golisppod(Which has first impression) and Goodra(Sap Sipper) are removed from the field. Tyranitar surprisingly not an issue as X-Scissor after one sword dance is a clean kill.
130 Physical Defence means it can take a decent physical hit, but definitely don't try to sword dance in front anything that does special damage!

Fire Eevee (Ninetales) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Encore
Speed is deliberately not maxed for better encore application.
The core of this team, drought gives weather ball fire type and is important in helping the team's coverage. Also allows Leafeon to absurd the sun. I use flamethrower instead of fire blast because I don't trust its accuracy. Nasty plot + encore is a effective way to dealing with some sneaky Pokemons, such as calm mind Reuniclus or light screen Bronzong...
To get the most out of Sun, sometimes need to send it in front of an earth type attack then switch to Leafeon to sword dance.

Water Eevee (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Toxic
Use as lead if there are many foe fire & Earth types. I chose surf instead of scald because:
0 SpA Vaporeon Scald vs. 248 HP / 68+ SpD Incineroar: 174-206 (44.2 - 52.4%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Vaporeon Surf vs. 248 HP / 68+ SpD Incineroar: 194-230 (49.3 - 58.5%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO
Scald also burns the target, which sometimes interferes with toxic.
For prolonged battle, Vaporeon has decent bulk and access to wish. Although there is hardly any chance for its healing to act on other teammates due to the offensive nature of this team.
For a surprise, you can switch toxic to weather ball, but the burden on the Ninetales is already heavy enough.
Can swap for Umbreon, but that means even worse coverage for the team.

The idea is based on sunny day+ weather ball for wide range fire coverage (which proved important), also leafeon sword dance acts as a sweeper. I use vaporeon instead of umbreon to deal with ground type or prolonged battle.

The problem is that this team is extremely weak to steelix, also having trouble killing incineroar due to the fact vapreon is too slow.

Example battles: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1150277747
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1150706604
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1151823533-gnp69kosmdp7xon4bqbsr1hpdar9xxbpw

Last edited:
I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

unlocked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)