Offense!!! OU! Woo!

Offense!!! Woo! First try at it, so it might be suck, but either way... Rate rate rate!!!

Tyranitar - Careful + Lum Berry
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Punch
EVs - Hp 252, Atk 108, Def 20, SpDef 128

My lead. Sets up SR if he sees the chance, or just hits the foe with all his power. He also sorts out my ScarfTran weakness, because he can take 3 Earth Powers before he bites the dust and can easily OHKO back with EQ. EQ and FP are for Steels, so that Skymin can get his way. Stone Edge for STAB, to hit Gyara and other flyers. EVs mean that he has max Hp, enough Def to survive a +2 LO BP from Scizor and then the rest put into SpDef so he can counter Heatran better and into Atk just to hit harder.

Gyarados - Jolly + Leftovers
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Earthquake
EVs - Hp 6, Atk 252, Spd 252

Was gonna go for Bulky, but I loved this guy. After a DD he can outspeed loads, seeing as he's max speed. Waterfall for STAB, Stone Edge to hit Salamence, Shaymin-S, Gyara and other flyers and Earthquake to hit Heatran and anything else. Doesn't like SR, but has Leftovers to aid his setup. Draws in Electric attacks, so Duggy can switch in, trap and kill.

Dugtrio - Jolly + Life Orb
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch
EVs - Atk 252, SpDef 6, Spd 252

I wanted a good revenge killer and a check for many other guys. EQ is STAB, AA for Hera and Breloom, SE for flyers and Sucker Punch for priority. Life Orb instead of CB, because I don't want CB Hera to switch in after EQ and Pursuit me to death.

Heracross - Adamant + Choice Band
Megahorn
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Pursuit
EVs - Hp 106, Atk 252, Spd 152

CB Hera is a beast. 2 120 power moves for STAB, SE for flyers again and Pursuit so I can switch in on stuff and maul them on the way out. Provides some nice resists.

Shaymin-S - Timid + Leftovers
Seed Flare
Air Slash
HP [Ice]
Earth Power

EVs - Hp 6, SpAtk 252, Spd 252

Went for the standard offense set after SubSeed didn't impress me much. Seed Flare and Air Slash for STAB, HP [Ice] for flyers etc and Earth Power for Heatran and others. Also, draws in Fire types so Heatran can nab Flash Fire boost.

**Considering Jolteon or a Rotom appliance here**

Heatran - Timid + Choice Scarf
Fire Blast
Earth Power
HP [Electric]
Dragon Pulse

EVs - Atk 6, SpAtk 252, Spd 252

Woo love this guy. I've used SpecsTran before, but thought something was missing. So I went for ScarfTran instead. No wonder he's so common, he provides great resists and counters so many 'mon with one set it's crazy. FB for STAB, EP for other Heatran, HP [Electric] for Gyarados, Dragon Pulse for Dragons (obviously). Flash Fire makes up for my 2 Fire weak 'mon, and his Ground and Fighting weaks are made up for by having 2 immunes and a resist to Ground and 3 resists to Fighting. So that's all good.

This is my first try at an offensive team, so some of it might be a bit fail. And I don't need you to tell me that most of the 'mon are crazy OU, but they are just that good.

Woo, cheers.

(Oh yeah, cheers to Arkeis.com for the pics) (Y)

Alright, I don't really rate teams, but I have a few suggestions:

-You might want a Lum Berry on Registeel, that way Stealth Rock is gauranteed, which helps your team a lot.

-Use Naive>Hasty on Heatran, as it allows it to take Outrages and stuff like Ice Punch better.

Sustained Serenity

I'm going to make quick suggestions.

For Skymin, put Earth Power instead of Seed Flare. You'll be able to wear down walls already. Earth power gets the kill on Heatrans that will switch into you. Also your not able to severly hurt leading Azelfs as they set up on you.

I'm a bit iffy on your lead. You should try some other things like Azelf or Infernape. Registeel can be easliy tuanted by suicide leads.

I'm no pro but I'll give this a shot.
--
Registeel is actually a really innovative idea for a lead. It seems like the swarm of Trickers out there would ruin him, but as long as he gets SR up, better him getting scarfed than one of your other valuable pokemon.

Gyarados is looking hot but frail too. An advantage to this set over bulky (or adamant) is that it can outrun Scarftran after a DD. If a counter comes in that you can't OHKO, however, you're pretty much gone. But then we have...

Dugtrio. A good revenge killer in general, a nice addition. However, Scarftran can outrun and OHKO him with fire blast (124% minimum). Still a nice addition, but doesn't cover something that is going to give your team trouble.

Heracross is a real beast, I know. I don't see any issues here.

Skymin: Hope this doesn't go Uber! Anyways, standard subseed. Ice Shard gives it problems and a few pokemon wall Flying/Grass, but it still packs a punch with the high BP and STAB. Scarftran outruns it and (generally) carries HP Ice, an instant KO (and I believe Fire Blast nabs you too, but my calc doesn't have Skymin).

Heatran, you're trump card in many a situation. This thing is great (and is most used for good reason), counters a lot of things, but it also very vulnerable to the wrong things. Heatran being on 3/4 teams makes people come prepared with an answer for it! Still a great addition to nearly any team.
--

If you haven't noticed, one reoccuring thing I brought up is ScarfTran. It not only outruns everything (barring Gyara with 1 DD), can OHKO Skymin, Heatran (if predicted correctly or they win the speed tie), Dugtrio, Heracross, and does a minimum of 69% to Registeel (who will most likely be out of the way via suicide bombing before he even shows up). Gyarados is your ONLY way to stop this monster (if you feel man enough to go toe to toe with your Heatran, power to you). Once Gyara is gone, only hax will save you.

NOTE: I run a Scarftran set that use HP electric, so if you ran into a similar set (which is unlikely), you can't even switch in safely as they'll outspeed you without the DD and do 92% minimum (OHKO with Stealth Rock).

That's the only thing that is absolutely staring me in the face with this team. You're well rounded to take on Scizor pretty well, but late game when everyone is worn down he could cause problems. Defensive Zapdos can ruin Gyara, will 2HKO Heracross, and do a minimum of 77% with HP Ice/grass to Dugtrio (so SR makes it potential OHKO, not to mention that more offensive versions rape it), and like I said I can't run Skymin calcs. It can't really touch Heatran though.

Putting aside that glaring Scarftran weakness, it looks pretty good. Good job!

Right cheers for the rate.

I think I'll definetely put Lum Berry on Registeel (seeing as he'll just be Exploding, so recovery is no issue) and I'll make Heatran Naive then.

@ Veedrock, cheers for the rate. ScarfTran does seem like an issue. Normally I'd just write the problem off, but seeing as Heatran is so common, I'd like to find a way around it.

One idea I've been toying with, is making Dugtrio a Scarf version, so he can outspeed and OHKO ScarfTran. However, this would require me to switch Duggy in and as you stated, he will be OHKO'd.

A specially defensive Tyranitar would solve the problem, as iirc Earth Power only does 25% to a 252/252 T-Tar. But that does mean that Sandstorm would hit a few of my team and that I would have to get rid of one for T-Tar.

To that end, I could get rid of Registeel and use this (or something along these lines) T-Tar:

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Crunch
Fire Punch
EVs - Hp 252, Atk 128, SpDef 128

I haven't done any calculations, but I'm presuming that T-Tar's massive attack will mean he can OHKO Scizor and Heatran with Fire Punch and Earthquake respectively. In that vein, he works very similarly to the Registeel I am using currently, only he actually has some attacking power. Lum Berry means any Hypnosis spammers or Will-O-Wisp from Rotom appliances will not work, while T-Tar (presumably) OHKO's back with Crunch, surviving the Hydro Pump or Leaf Storm. This is all just theory, seeing as I haven't done any calcs, but I'll edit my post to include the possibility of this.

Cheers for the rates, keep 'em coming!

Right cheers for the rate.

I think I'll definetely put Lum Berry on Registeel (seeing as he'll just be Exploding, so recovery is no issue) and I'll make Heatran Naive then.

@ Veedrock, cheers for the rate. ScarfTran does seem like an issue. Normally I'd just write the problem off, but seeing as Heatran is so common, I'd like to find a way around it.

One idea I've been toying with, is making Dugtrio a Scarf version, so he can outspeed and OHKO ScarfTran. However, this would require me to switch Duggy in and as you stated, he will be OHKO'd.

A specially defensive Tyranitar would solve the problem, as iirc Earth Power only does 25% to a 252/252 T-Tar. But that does mean that Sandstorm would hit a few of my team and that I would have to get rid of one for T-Tar.

To that end, I could get rid of Registeel and use this (or something along these lines) T-Tar:

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Crunch
Fire Punch
EVs - Hp 252, Atk 128, SpDef 128

I haven't done any calculations, but I'm presuming that T-Tar's massive attack will mean he can OHKO Scizor and Heatran with Fire Punch and Earthquake respectively. In that vein, he works very similarly to the Registeel I am using currently, only he actually has some attacking power. Lum Berry means any Hypnosis spammers or Will-O-Wisp from Rotom appliances will not work, while T-Tar (presumably) OHKO's back with Crunch, surviving the Hydro Pump or Leaf Storm. This is all just theory, seeing as I haven't done any calcs, but I'll edit my post to include the possibility of this.

Cheers for the rates, keep 'em coming!
Yeah, Dugtrio would have to be a revenge killer. Or you could come in on HP Ice and hope luck is on your side 96% minimum (sr is a no go though). Dugtrio is designed to be a revenge killer anyways.

For T-Tar vs. Scizor, you're in luck. I ran the calc against my Scizor (136 HP, 126 Sp Def which doesn't matter), and it's 97.8%-115.5% Throw in SR damage and you're set. Of course, BP will easily do over 50% to you (with CB), so make sure you're healed and they don't have a Swords dance or anything. Of course EQ is gonna kill Heatran.

Right so I've sorted out all the stuff on the T-Tar set.

It seems like a much better lead than Registeel in my opinion.

And although he sets up Sandstorm, only 3 'mon take damage and 2 of those have Leftovers (and Leech Seed if Skymin has his way).

So it doesn't seem so bad.

So in fact, I'll edit the OP to have T-Tar as my lead, and just get rid of Registeel.

Yay.

I'm not sure if offensive Gyarados run Stone Edge over Ice Fang now, but the ones that do are going to rampage through your team. It can set up nicely on Tyranitar, Heracross, Gyarados AND Heatran, and start thrashing about.

For the Gyarados weakness, a Thunderwave Celebi will slow it down and will greatly aid Heracross. I really think Dugtrio should go. Heatran is an excellent revenge killer as it is for things that trouble your team that Dugtrio would take (namely Infernape)

I'm not sure if offensive Gyarados run Stone Edge over Ice Fang now, but the ones that do are going to rampage through your team. It can set up nicely on Tyranitar, Heracross, Gyarados AND Heatran, and start thrashing about.

For the Gyarados weakness, a Thunderwave Celebi will slow it down and will greatly aid Heracross. I really think Dugtrio should go. Heatran is an excellent revenge killer as it is for things that trouble your team that Dugtrio would take (namely Infernape)
Well TC, here's a personal story. I've used ScarfTran. I know how it works. And Explosion just never did anything for me. I never really ever got the chance to explode or do something decent that I couldn't do with a different move. I also had only one electric attack on my whole team. The solution? Switch to Dragon Pulse to handle dragons (much like HP Ice, and this will be beneficial with Lati@s suspects on the way too), and use HP electric. As long as it isn't a Jolly Offensive set, you will outrun it after a DD. If you KNOW that it's gonna set up (this is where it's more the player than the team) and isn't Jolly (most are Bulky or Adamant because they think they have plenty of speed after a DD, but Jolly is out there), then you can confuse them and they will probably stay in, getting fried and OHKO'd by HP Electric.

If explosion works well for you though, by all means keep the set. :P Just some personal insight into 'Tran and Gyara.

The Gyara problem is correct. A lead offensive on 6-0'd me because I let it get in a DD.

Actually Veedrock, in the battles I've done I've only used Explosion oncee and that only time, a Celebi switched in and took the attack like nothing.
So that might be an idea.
I mean, I've already got 4 physical attackers.
And Blissey or whatever can just be Pursuited by Heracross (I switched into a Blisey's Toxic with Hera and then Pursuited it as it switched lol)

So that might be an idea.
I'll change it now and see how my record changes.

And for the record, I really didn't want to get rid of Dugtrio anyway, he's been great here.

Edit:Right I've changed all the stuff and edited my comments.

I'm considering a Rotom appliance or Jolteon over Skymin though, seeing as they can hit Gyarados with a STAB Thunderbolt. Jolteon can outspeed all but Jolly 168 EV ones, but Rotom can survive a Waterfall and hit back with Thunderbolt.

I don't know which would be best.

I'm considering a Rotom appliance or Jolteon over Skymin though, seeing as they can hit Gyarados with a STAB Thunderbolt. Jolteon can outspeed all but Jolly 168 EV ones, but Rotom can survive a Waterfall and hit back with Thunderbolt.

I don't know which would be best.
Jolteon is frail but speedy, and throwing on a Specs makes it become a beast. Rotom is a good wall that stops a lot of things cold and hits things back hard as hell (this might take a little bit away from "Offensive!!!").

There is a war story on Stark Mountain that has SpecsJolt solving some of his issues. You might want to check it out and see if he's what you're looking for. I suggest that you try both and see which one fits the bill better. At least do enough matches to where they play a good role (it's no good if you do 5 matches and they never come in) and see if it's really what you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)