Odd or dumb deaths discussion thread!

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, if your like me and lack a real life you probably like to discuss odd and dumb deaths! I'll start the conversation with a favorite example: Franz Reichelt
He tried to test a new kind of parachute, by throwing a dummy with it attached to the parachute from the Eiffel Tower. However, at the last minute he decided to jump himself. Here's a video :
Now discuss his death and other odd or dumb deaths, if you want!

Inalchuq, the Muslim governor of the city of Otrar in Central Asia, was ordered to be executed by Genghis Khan by pouring molten silver in his eyes and ears in vengeance for his execution of Mongol traders the year before.

Well fuck. That sounds like it would hurt ._.

Inalchuq, the Muslim governor of the city of Otrar in Central Asia, was ordered to be executed by Genghis Khan by pouring molten silver in his eyes and ears in vengeance for his execution of Mongol traders the year before.

Well fuck. That sounds like it would hurt ._.

Mack the Knife

2008: Abigail Taylor, a 6-year-old from Edina, Minnesota, died nine months after several of her internal organs were partially sucked out of her lower body while she sat on an excessively powerful swimming pool drain. Surgeons had replaced her intestines and pancreas with donor organs, but she later succumbed to a rare transplant-related cancer < i think i am gonna puke

I know have a fear of pools. Thanks..

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2012: Uroko Onoja, a Nigerian polygamist businessman, died after being forced by five of his six wives to have sex with each of them. Onoja was caught having sex with his youngest wife by the remaining five, who were jealous of him paying her more attention. The remaining wives demanded that he also have sex with each of them, threatening him with knives and sticks. He had intercourse with four of them in succession, but stopped breathing before having sex with the fifth
respect++

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I always found deaths from getting hit by a train incredibly dumb, even more so when the "victim" is not intoxicated in any way. It's not even jumping in front of the train. It's literally walking on the tracks while a train is honking it's horn coming behind the person.

Some kid got hit in my town and it was made into the most tragic accident ever. The excuse was he had headphones in while walking on the tracks and couldn't hear or feel the train coming. What?

I know I sound incredible inconsiderate, but seriously? Have you heard how loud trains are and felt the ground even remotely close to one?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
2008: Abigail Taylor, a 6-year-old from Edina, Minnesota, died nine months after several of her internal organs were partially sucked out of her lower body while she sat on an excessively powerful swimming pool drain. Surgeons had replaced her intestines and pancreas with donor organs, but she later succumbed to a rare transplant-related cancer < i think i am gonna puke
to ask possibly offensive question, why was she sitting on a pool drain? like we talkin about guts type thing here?

I'm sure there was a 4chan horror story about someone masturbating while sitting on a pool drain. I have no intention of ever hearing about it or even thinking about it ever again.

I always found deaths from getting hit by a train incredibly dumb, even more so when the "victim" is not intoxicated in any way. It's not even jumping in front of the train. It's literally walking on the tracks while a train is honking it's horn coming behind the person.

Some kid got hit in my town and it was made into the most tragic accident ever. The excuse was he had headphones in while walking on the tracks and couldn't hear or feel the train coming. What?

I know I sound incredible inconsiderate, but seriously? Have you heard how loud trains are and felt the ground even remotely close to one?
Noise-cancelling headphones go a long way. As for the shaking, they could've wrote it off as something else. Either way, though, stupid to walk on train tracks anyway, my lord. We had several incidences like this in Canada last year, not sure about the states or anywhere else.

I'm sure there was a 4chan horror story about someone masturbating while sitting on a pool drain. I have no intention of ever hearing about it or even thinking about it ever again.
^ Reminds me of this story that I heard on 4chan involving a heavily obese girlfriend and needing to wipe her because she couldn't reach and if he didn't do anything he'd find her shit stains in weird places like his Xbox 360 controller. I know the header in /b/ says it's fiction, but some of this stuff is just too weird to make up.

I heard of a kid who was playing hide and seek...he found a hiding spot inside of a disposed microwave...sadly, the door shut on him, and he died of a lack of air.

Mack the Knife

Debby Mills-Newbroughton, 99 years old, was killed as she crossed the road. She was to turn 100 the next day but, crossing the road with her daughter to go to her own birthday party, her wheel chair was hit by the truck delivering her birthday cake.

Peter Stone, 42 years old, was murdered by his eight year old daughter, who he had just sent to her room with no dinner. Young Samantha Stone felt that if she couldn't have dinner no one should, and she promptly inserted 72 rat poison tablets into her father's coffee as he prepared dinner. The victim took one sip and promptly collapsed (Samantha Stone was given a suspended sentence as the judge
felt she didn't realize what she was doing, until she tried to poison her mother using the same method one month later).

Found these. They're both kinda creepy and messed up.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I don't know who they were so someone will have to dig this out for names but I do remember this:

A guy gets killed by getting hit by taxi while crossing an intersection. 1 year later to the day, his brother gets killed by the same Taxi cab, with the same driver AND the same passenger, at the same intersection.

I don't know who they were so someone will have to dig this out for names but I do remember this:

A guy gets killed by getting hit by taxi while crossing an intersection. 1 year later to the day, his brother gets killed by the same Taxi cab, with the same driver AND the same passenger, at the same intersection.
http://www.twortw.com/2010/10/13/rare-coincidences-are-very-common-on-the-road/

This should please you

Supposedly this woman was going through a divorce & the man was her husband's lawyer. And yes, that's her jaw flying away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enumclaw_horse_sex_case

This dude gets penetrated by a horse (intentionally and on camera). He died later from the injuries to his colon. Police investigate and find a farm known for allowing people to have sex with animals and found "hundreds of hours of videotapes of men engaging in receptive anal sex with horses."

This led to beastiality laws as well as a documentary about his life that is apparently good, according to a friend of mine who watches that sort of thing.

Mack the Knife

1518: In the Dancing Plague of 1518 a woman (and eventually a league of 400 people) uncontrollably danced for a month causing dozens of participants to die of stroke and exhaustion. The reason for this occurrence is still unclear.

DDR is a menace that must be stopped.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
When I said, "we talkin about guts type thing here?" I was referring to a short story by chuck palahniuk (fight club author) called guts. This is the story you are thinking of, it was not invented by the mind of a btard
http://chuckpalahniuk.net/features/shorts/guts
also this is like the fourth time I've posted this story I think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)