Resource NU Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet NeverUsed Viability Rankings!

In this thread, we, as a community, will be ranking every single justifiably usable Pokemon into "tiers" ranking their viability in the metagame. You're encouraged to post your thoughts and opinions on the various Pokemon that are viable in NU and what tier they should fall under. Posts in this thread will be taken into account when deciding rank changes, especially when nominating unranked pokemon to be evaluated for the VR.

The general idea of the topic is to rank each NU Pokemon under "rankings" that go in descending order. Since this is a tier list for the entire metagame, everything is lumped together. There won't be any segregation between offense, defense, and supportive presences in the metagame within this thread. For example, Klefki can be ranked in the A- tier as a supportive presence, Toxtricity can be ranked in the A- as an offensive presence, and Avalugg can be ranked in the A- tier as a defensive presence. While these three examples can also be found in the initial rankings, the viability of Pokemon and their roles within the metagame can and will change over time, so we will be sure to keep an open mind to this as well and adjust the thread accordingly during each update.

Finally, there will be a council of experienced players who will discuss and vote on the ranking of Pokemon. Depending on how the metagame is developing, we could update the thread every couple of weeks or every month+. Despite the fact that voting is limited to these players, posts with either complete VRs or individual nominations are very much appreciated and will be taken into account, especially when the tier is changing so rapidly due to the constant DLC releases. The council currently consists of the users below, but note that there will occasionally be rotational members that are added to vote on slates based on recent activity or results. The council currently consists of the following users:
Note for the January 28th slate: Danny, GXE, and Meri Berry have all abstained from this slate. This is largely due to the timing of the slate, which requires us to push the slate out as soon as possible before the next wave of drops. This VR will be updated shortly after the new drops, so if you have any disagreements with the VR in its current state (especially the C ranks which will be swiftly culled), please comment your thoughts, as we will be doing voting again very soon.

Last Updated: February 22nd, 2024

New

Nothing

S Rank

:flygon: Flygon
:slowbro-galar: Slowbro-Galar

A Rank

A+

:diancie: Diancie
:inteleon: Inteleon
:meloetta: Meloetta
:pawmot: Pawmot
:scrafty: Scrafty
:tauros-paldea-aqua: Tauros-Paldea-Aqua
:tsareena: Tsareena

A

:basculegion: Basculegion
:chandelure: Chandelure
:dragalge: Dragalge
:flamigo: Flamigo
:lucario: Lucario
:registeel: Registeel
:thundurus: Thundurus
:umbreon: Umbreon
:vileplume: Vileplume

A-

:arcanine: Arcanine
:avalugg: Avalugg
:copperajah: Copperajah
:espeon: Espeon
:florges: Florges
:gligar: Gligar
:indeedee: Indeedee
:toxtricity: Toxtricity

B Rank

B+

:delphox: Delphox
:duraludon: Duraludon
:emboar: Emboar
:gallade: Gallade
:golurk: Golurk
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:klefki: Klefki
:mudsdale: Mudsdale
:ninetales: Ninetales
:palossand: Palossand
:qwilfish: Qwilfish
:salazzle: Salazzle
:sceptile: Sceptile
:staraptor: Staraptor
:sylveon: Sylveon
:zoroark: Zoroark

B

:brute-bonnet: Brute Bonnet
:decidueye-hisui: Decidueye-Hisui
:ditto: Ditto
:exeggutor-alola: Exeggutor-Alola
:floatzel: Floatzel
:glastrier: Glastrier
:goodra: Goodra
:grafaiai: Grafaiai
:hitmonlee: Hitmonlee
:oricorio-sensu: Oricorio-Sensu
:scream-tail: Scream Tail
:snorlax: Snorlax
:uxie: Uxie

B-

:altaria: Altaria
:ambipom: Ambipom
:charizard: Charizard
:froslass: Froslass
:houndstone: Houndstone
:lycanroc: Lycanroc
:porygon2: Porygon2
:tauros-paldea-blaze: Tauros-Paldea-Blaze
:thwackey: Thwackey
:tornadus: Tornadus

C Rank

:abomasnow: Abomasnow
:articuno-galar: Articuno-Galar
:bastiodon: Bastiodon
:braviary-hisui: Braviary-Hisui
:bronzong: Bronzong
:bruxish: Bruxish
:coalossal: Coalossal
:decidueye: Decidueye
:dudunsparce: Dudunsparce
:hariyama: Hariyama
:heracross: Heracross
:hitmontop: Hitmontop
:jolteon: Jolteon
:oricorio: Oricorio-Baile
:rotom-mow: Rotom-Mow
:sandslash: Sandslash
:scyther: Scyther
:tatsugiri: Tatsugiri
:toxicroak: Toxicroak
:typhlosion: Typhlosion
:victreebel: Victreebel
:whimsicott: Whimsicott

Whenever making a tiering post, please avoid one-liners such as "I don't think this mon is good" or "This mon is better than this mon, so it should be ranked higher". Also, when responding to other people's nominations or to how certain Pokemon are ranked, please be respectful and do not flame other users. Any posts like this will be removed, and if multiple of your posts need to be deleted, it may lead to further action. This post will be constantly updated to reflect the current state of the meta, and the meta is rapidly developing, so please keep that in mind!

Coming soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
update will happen sometime in the first week of February, but here are some changes I'd like that I don't anticipate being affected

:oricorio-pom-pom: -> A+
Demonic sweeper, staple of Grassy Terrain teams. The bulky setup sets aren't as unbeatable as they used to feel but still have a ton of leverage around teams that lack a Pokemon like Diancie, Assault Vest or Choice Specs Meloetta, or Snorlax. Offensive sets similarly are spooky like they used to be, although I do find their chances to actually set up to be rather limited nowadays. The snowball potential from them is still really high, though, with Terastallization flipping a good few of your bad matchups very easily.

:oricorio: :oricorio-sensu: -> flip spots or drop Sensu
Oricorio-F is better. The initial typing gives you a lot better time setting up, and offensively it's still great with Tera Ground sets. Oricorio-G, meanwhile, doesn't have that luxury. It struggles a lot with generic special walls like Copperajah and Registeel and is seemingly more Tera-reliant than either of the other birds. I think if you don't value either of these Oricorio too highly because of Oricorio-E, then yeah it's fine to just drop Oricorio-G to the same subrank as our fire friend. But ghost bird is definitely NOT better than fire bird...

:rotom-mow: -> C or unrank
I really do not know what this Pokemon does, which is REALLY WEIRD to say because all it lost between generations was Defog ROFL... maybe we just need to experiment more with it but GOD does it seem bad in year: 2024. I'm sure Nasty Plot with like, Tera Steel + Pain Split is usable, perhaps even good? Idk, maybe this is my next Pokemon to solve. For now, I'm deeming it unviable. No real tournament OR ladder usage to speak of in a long time, and nobody has really come to vouch for its viability in a long time either.

Well is this time of the year again. Let's talk about what I think people who know much more and play competitive for much longer than me got wrong this time.

Let's start with

This guy over here :staraptor: => -A

Staraptor can OHKO as a scarfer (and a fast one) most of the tier hitting neutral , threatening catch the switch with a U-turn. Yeah it doesn't have any defensive utility other than entering Shadow Balls from scarf :chandelure: Chandelure , and you don't have other set it will be choice (99% scarf) but it has so much raw power that is a -A tier mon.

Next will be 2 entries that I think are overvalued.

:sceptile: => B

Sceptile it only appears on terrain teams activating unburden and Sword Dancing, it has an absurd speed stat for sure, but even after 1 dance that 85 Atk going for leaf blade doesn't impress anyway. And considering how it fairs poorly against top mons B is more than generous. Just to talk a few :overqwil: Overqwil , :registeel: Registeel , :arcanine: Arcanine , :thundurus: Thundurus , :dragalge: Dragalge ...

:avalugg: => -B?=>+B (edited: after discussing with Lucario)

To me this is the most confusing rank of all by far, I get it has amazing physical bulk and you can spin and has recover as a move.
But don't other mons do it's job but better?
At what cost for those positives ?

You have negative Special bulk.

252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Ember vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Avalugg: 392-464 (99.4 - 117.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

This is how much it does on offensive :tsareena: Tsareena

252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Ember vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tsareena: 218-258 (76.4 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You are a worst physical wall than :diancie: Diancie, :mudsdale: Mudsdale and :registeel: Registeel

And packs less utility than :coalossal: Coalossal... Honestly even :hitmontop: Hitmontop is better because of Intimidate and Technician and actually can use AV.

I'd love to se a explanation why :avalugg: it's so good. Because I don't get it. ( Edited: Now i get it. Still think it's not -A but is not as bad as I made it seem, is a good Bulky Spinner )

Now to finish this wall of text that you so kindly read until here a HOT TAKE

:articuno-galar: => -A

People simply forgot how good Articuno-Galar is. The Agility CM set is really good atm, you only need to invest 104 in speed so after 1 Agility you are faster than every common scarfer on the tier and than after 1 CM you hit Stored Power of 100 base at +1 SpA. And If you invest the rest on bulk you have really respectable defensive stats. Without losing on that KO potential specially if you still have rocks up . Here some calculations to reinforce the point.

+1 56 SpA Articuno-Galar Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Flygon: 246-291 (81.7 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 56 SpA Articuno-Galar Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Overqwil: 321-378 (86 - 101.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+1 56 SpA Articuno-Galar Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro-Galar: 273-322 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 56 SpA Articuno-Galar Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Thundurus: 246-289 (82.2 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thanks the patience and for reading.

Last edited:

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I'd love to se a explanation why :avalugg: it's so good. Because I don't get it.
Avalugg is as good as it is thanks to its positive matchups and defensive utility paired with a couple different sets that can be annoying to handle. Thanks to its incredibly high Defense and access to Recover, it can shrug off hits from Flygon, Overqwil, and even common Fighting-types like Flamigo and Pauros-Aqua. Sure, pure Ice is terrible, but that's why it is one of the better users of a defensive Tera, being able to be either Poison, Ghost, or Steel to ensure it can survive longer against physical attackers (and not die to rocks if knocked). You bring up a good point mentioning its low Special Defense. However, Avalugg doesn't care because you're not keeping it in against Special Attackers. Providing a calc of a Pokemon with 145 SpA + Specs using a STAB super-effective 40 BP move isn't useful because we know it's going to die to a Flamethrower. Avalugg is a Phys Wall + Spinner, use it that way and you will find success. Here are some calcs that are a little more useful to understand its ranking, as well as comparisons to the "better Physical walls".
252 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Aqua Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 162-192 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Aqua Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tsareena: 178-210 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Aqua Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 246-290 (67.7 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Aqua Wave Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 188-224 (61.8 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Aqua Wave Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudsdale: 254-300 (62.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 126-148 (31.9 - 37.5%) -- 92.7% chance to 3HKO
This OHKOs all of the above except for Mudsdale

252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Tera Flying Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 204-242 (51.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Tera Flying Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 120-142 (39.4 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Tera Flying Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudsdale: 320-378 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Tera Flying Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 156-184 (42.9 - 50.6%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO
Mind you, Diancie and Registeel resist Brave Bird, Avalugg does not.

What really holds it back is its reliance on Boots and Tera. Other than that, Avalugg is a solid Pokemon I could see rising to A.

Avalugg doesn't care because you're not keeping it in against Special Attackers. Providing a calc of a Pokemon with 145 SpA + Specs using a STAB super-effective 40 BP move isn't useful because we know it's going to die to a Flamethrower.
The point here is that it takes huge dmg to anything remotely usable coming from the special side and you know it.

Here something much more average

0- SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Avalugg: 169-201 (42.8 - 51%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

Avalugg doesn't care because you're not keeping it in against Special Attackers.
This works both ways. The attacker doesn't care about it physical bulk because you are not keeping it in against Avalugg. And what you gain for forcing the switch is either a Recover or a Spin. But ok that's a positive for it, most spinners can't force switches with the ease that Avalugg can.

Not gonna lie, I get your point. Even if what it does isn't that flashy it does really well and it will be the perfect fit for some team.

Here are some calcs that are a little more useful to understand its ranking, as well as comparisons to the "better Physical walls".
252 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Aqua Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 162-192 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Aqua Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tsareena: 178-210 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Aqua Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 246-290 (67.7 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Aqua Wave Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 188-224 (61.8 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Aqua Wave Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudsdale: 254-300 (62.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 126-148 (31.9 - 37.5%) -- 92.7% chance to 3HKO
This OHKOs all of the above except for Mudsdale

252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Tera Flying Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 204-242 (51.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Tera Flying Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 120-142 (39.4 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Tera Flying Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudsdale: 320-378 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Tera Flying Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 156-184 (42.9 - 50.6%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO
Mind you, Diancie and Registeel resist Brave Bird, Avalugg does not.

What really holds it back is its reliance on Boots and Tera. Other than that, Avalugg is a solid Pokemon I could see rising to A
Finally being a good wall isn't only about taking the hits I said those were better walls because the bring more to a team in general.

Diancei can OHKO back Taurus, Flaygon and Staraptor+setup+rocks
Mudsdale can actually take a special hit at least without being that behind in the Def (not considering Stamina that can make you bulkier actually) + pure ground is much more valuable + Rocks
Registeel can win games by it's own with IronPress + can't be toxiced + offers TW support + Rocks

But again we always need to think the needs of each team.

You made me have more respect for Avalugg , it in fact does well against some really common mons and does its job of a spinner and that's actually big. Tsareena is the best overall spinner but Avalugg is the best bulky one. And sometime is what you need.

I still think its overvalued at -A but now i see how harsh I was at giving it -B.

Thanks for the insights @Lucario

• Haha
Reactions: poh

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
The point here is that it takes huge dmg to anything remotely usable coming from the special side and you know it.

Here something much more average

0- SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Avalugg: 169-201 (42.8 - 51%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

This works both ways. The attacker doesn't care about it physical bulk because you are not keeping it in against Avalugg. And what you gain for forcing the switch is either a Recover or a Spin. But ok that's a positive for it, most spinners can't force switches with the ease that Avalugg can.

Not gonna lie, I get your point. Even if what it does isn't that flashy it does really well and it will be the perfect fit for some team.

Finally being a good wall isn't only about taking the hits I said those were better walls because the bring more to a team in general.

Diancei can OHKO back Taurus, Flaygon and Staraptor+setup+rocks
Mudsdale can actually take a special hit at least without being that behind in the Def (not considering Stamina that can make you bulkier actually) + pure ground is much more valuable + Rocks
Registeel can win games by it's own with IronPress + can't be toxiced + offers TW support + Rocks

But again we always need to think the needs of each team.

You made me have more respect for Avalugg , it in fact does well against some really common mons and does its job of a spinner and that's actually big. Tsareena is the best overall spinner but Avalugg is the best bulky one. And sometime is what you need.

I still think its overvalued at -A but now i see how harsh I was at giving it -B.

Thanks for the insights @Lucario
Being bad against special attackers isn't too important to Avalugg's niche. Yeah, it's bad that you're beaten terribly by them, but that's what teammates are for :D Avalugg is really good alongside Pokemon like Diancie, Snorlax, Copperajah, Assault Vest Galarian Slowbro, specially defensive Mudsdale, etc. because they take on a lot of those special attackers that Avalugg itself gets folded by. I think it's valid to question its matchup against some of the hazards setters, but generally Avalugg is good into the lot of them and will find plenty of turns to remove hazards because, like Lucario said, it beats basically every physical attacker in the tier. I think if you want to justify a slight drop, I could see that but personally disagree on it.

Why is Sandslash B-? It feels its so much better. Having such an amazing role compression of spin+knock+potentially spikes are huge . its actually pretty bulky once invested so it can act as a decent wall and potentially a great wall for breakers to break through if paired with the many wish users of the metagame.Its overwhelming to live 2 choice banded cc from flamigo and scarf tera fighting cc/tera flying bb. It also can run decent offensive sets. Most notably its one of the best leads as it can spin away hazards set up hazards of choice.

Bulky sandslash is weirdly just bulky enough to live stupid hits like scarf wc from pauros aqua and even a cm boosted florges moonblast with 0 sp.def.

Slash also has decent matchups into some setters most notably copperajah diancie lycanroc Overqwill and Klefki. I do get why it cant be A/A+ but it feels more like a B+/B type of mon.

:copperajah: Copperajah A -> A-
I know this mon is pretty popular among the top players, but it just doesn't do it for me. I always find myself wanting hazards on a bulky ground type, and when I do use this guy I always want protect, whirlwind, and earthquake as the last move. Its bulk isn't lug or registeel-like to warrant it being part of a defensive core. No recovery really stinks on this guy.

:klefki: Klefki A- -> A
I love the utility on keys, and with that typing it won't get blown up by fighting type coverage moves from Meloetta and Bonnet 24/7. Thunder wave and spikes are extremely valuable tools. Its setup variants are the most scary to me but they're pretty underexplored.

:staraptor: I agree with other people's opinion on this, if you predict it being scarf or band wrong you're in for a world of hurt.

1707346788926.png
Lanturn C->B-
While a more niche mon due to the loss of toxic, lanturn has the capacity to help play around high ranking offensive threats (and annoy some important defensive pokes) or even outright blank them with the right ability. With volt absorb you can wall Thunderus-T (assuming it isn't ground terablast for no reason). And inteleon if running water absorb for the same reasons as above. Also having an electric typing is quite good into fliers such as staraptor and flamigo, as well as tornadus. Lanturn can also threaten most physical threats to it with a scald burn or tank the hit and pivot if needs be.

For reference: 252 SpA Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Lanturn: 160-189 (35.7 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery.
252 SpA Thundurus Grass Knot (40 BP) vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Lanturn: 108-128 (24.1 - 28.5%) -- 89% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Inteleon Dark Pulse vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Lanturn: 159-188 (35.4 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (dark pulse is a bit of a niche move imo but it can put the hurt on lanturn which is a flaw if not running special bulk anyways).

Rabia

GP & NU Leader
:basculegion: -> A Top 3 scarfers in the tier, RU is gatekeeping all the bulky water types.
:decidueye-hisui: -> B Tsareena lite. Spikes are very strong so spin is more desirable than defog, and offensive sets have not garnered much use or shown potential.
:electivire: -> UR
:exeggutor-alola: -> B Awkward speed tier, does not like the meta being very offensive. OTR and SD + Custap sets have shown the most promise. Outclassed by Dragalge as a bulky dragon type.
:gallade: -> B+ Error 404: Switchin not found. Room to grow and rise in the rankings.
:golurk: -> B+ Boots are very important in a hazards dominated fast paced meta, so poltergeist is very free. Utility sets add a nice bit of variety to an otherwise very linear, prediction reliant mon.
:grimmsnarl: -> B+ Despite the increased Diancie usage, pivot sets are still solid disruptors. Prankster utility with taunt, screens as well as setup sets provide it with nice set variety.
:hitmonlee: -> B Solid terrain abuser on both full terrain HO and semi terrain offense.
:indeedee: -> A- DAMAGE. Enables semi terrain offense much better than his sister.
:lucario: -> A Strong breaker/cleaner on more traditional balance and offense builds, as well as on HO. Can run a variety of sets ranging from Choice to SD to NP.
:pawmot: -> A+ Very strong breaker with very little switchins that can also pivot.
:rampardos: -> UR
:whimsicott: -> C zS thinks this is B- for some reason so it got on here somehow. Don't ask me about it, I also don't know when I'd ever use it.
:inteleon: -> A+ Amazing speed tier in a very offensive meta allows it to thrive. Can partner very well with the multitude of other breakers we have access to. Thankfully shifts are in a week so we can only hope RU are kind enough to give us switchins.
:scrafty: -> A+ DD/BU + tera win button goes crazy.

:ninetales: B -> B+ Sun is broken ngl this should be like A or A-.
:ditto: B- -> B What better way to beat the offense than by out offensing it.
:houndstone: C -> B- One of the very few consistent physical switchins. Has access to wisp and pain split to force progress, cripple opponents and sustain itself. Enjoys the high Tsareena usage.
:tauros-paldea-blaze: C -> B- Likes sun.

:flamigo: A+ -> A More competition for the fighting type slot.
:thundurus: A+ -> A We have more scarfers and revenge killing options.
:umbreon: A+ -> A 5 fighting types dropped, of course the dark type gets worse.
:copperajah: A -> A- Registeel has cemented itself as a better option on most builds, being able to switch into more threats.
:salazzle: A -> B+ Very fragile mon that often likes taking multiple turns to work its magic, many more revenge killing options now.
:delphox: A- -> B+ ^
:klefki: A- -> B+ Spikes setter in the tier where Tsareena is an A+ mon.
:sceptile: A- -> B+ More competition for terrain sweepers, its mediocre attacking stats hinder it compared to other options.
:sylveon: A- -> B+ Relies heavily on boots, very easy to pressure and chip.
:brute bonnet: A- -> B Lost spore, a bunch of fighting types dropped.
:snorlax: A- -> B Hazard centric, very offensive meta with a bunch of fighting types.
:goodra: B+ -> B More competition.
:grafaiai: B+ -> B More competition for terrain sweepers and scarfers.
:scream tail: B+ -> B Doesn't really do much when it comes in.
:altaria: B+ -> B-
:porygon2: B -> B-
:thwackey: B -> B-
:tornadus: B -> B-
:bruxish: B -> C
:abomasnow: B- -> C
:articuno-galar: B- -> C
:braviary-hisui: B- -> C
:bronzong: B- -> C
:heracross: B- -> C
:hitmontop: B- -> C
:jolteon: B- -> C
:oricorio: B- -> C
:rotom-mow: B- -> C
:sandslash: B- -> C
:typhlosion: B- -> C

:indeedee-f: B -> UR
:rhydon: B- -> UR
:alcremie: C -> UR
:arboliva: C -> UR
:electrode-hisui: C -> UR
:frosmoth: C -> UR
:lanturn: C -> UR
:lilligant: C -> UR
:malamar: C -> UR
:mismagius: C -> UR
:sandslash-alola: C -> UR
:shiftry: C -> UR
:venomoth: C -> UR
:virizion: C -> UR
:wo-chien: C -> UR

Here's the update finally, apologies for the delay ^^ you'll notice a lot of downward movement with our update. This is because our goal with the first update was to get a baseline VR posted. This one focused more on cleaning up the rankings after a bit of metagame development.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised to see how decent the opinion on Grimmsnarl :grimmsnarl: is even though it's surroundings have become much more hostile. I definitely need to experiment with it.

For the new mons: I was expecting dominance from Lucario:lucario:, Hitmonlee:hitmonlee:, and even Basculegion:basculegion:, but I'm glad that they seem to have fit nicely into this new meta. I've been trying teams with the fighters expecting free wins (as many of us probably were) but they are surprisingly limited, especially in their defensive utility. On the contrary, Pawmot:pawmot: seems to have become the premier fighter with it's breaking power and priority.

I'm happy Golurk:golurk: found a good niche with it's obscene power and immunities to make it a good alternative ground type. It's definitely my favorite mon from the drops. I just hope it'll keep up with next month's drops around the corner.

Finally, and this is just the opinion of a pleb on the ladder, but I think Electrode :electrode-hisui: still has a okay niche and it gets momentum against Water-Tauros:tauros-paldea-aqua: and especially Inteleon:inteleon:. I've been using it on a few of my successful team, but take this opinion with a large grain of salt.

Can't wait for the meta shake-up of next month's drops!

:golurk::golurk::golurk::golurk::golurk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)