NU threat list

Status
Not open for further replies.
No color = your team should have little or no trouble with this pokemon
Green = Your team has some trouble with this pokemon. It usually means sacrificing one member to take it out.
Red = This pokemon is a threat to my team. If left unchecked, it could sweep my whole team

Ampharos:
Armaldo:
Articuno:
Banette:
Bastidon:
Bellossom
Bibarel:
Cacturne:
Camerupt:
Charizard:
Chatot:
Chimecho:
Clamperl:
Cradily:
Dodrio:
Dusclops:
Elecrode:
Entei:
Espeon:
Exeggutor:
Flareon:
Floatzel:
Gardevoir:
Glaceon:
Gligar:
Golduck:
Gorebyss
Granbull:
Grumpig:
Haunter:
Hitmonchan:
Hypno:
Jumpluff:
Jynx:
Kangaskhan:
Kecleon:
Kingler:
Lapras:
Lickilicky:
Linoone:
Magcargo:
Magmortar:
Magneton:
Manetric:
Mantine:
Marowak
Medicham:
Meganium:
Miltank:
Mr. Mime:
Muk:
Ninetails:
Noctowl:
Persian:
Pinsir:
Politoed:
Porygon2:
Primeape:
Probopass:
Quagsire:
Raichu:
Rampardos:
Raticate:
Regice:
Relicanth:
Sandslash:
Sharpedo:
Shedinja:
Shuckle:
Skuntank:
Slaking:
Slowking:
Tauros:
Torkoal:
Typhlosion:
Ursaring
Venomoth:
Victreebel
Vileplume:
Wailord:
Walrein:
Whiscash:
Xatu:
Zangoose:

This is an NU threat list composed of the pokemon that i believe that are the most common. Please, if you see that i left out a pokemon, dont hesitate to tell me.

Mods: if this is not the right section, can you move this?

Please give credit to brawler1235 for this list

You gave Donphan's icon for Camerupt. You should fix that.

You should also list Haunter. Choice Scarf Haunter has some use in NU.

You forgot Gorebyss, Gligar, Dusclops, and Octillery.

Caution: LONG POST

There's some pokes i would like to give my opinion. Considering the UU metagame, logically:

Gardevoir: as said in the rain discussion, this is one of the better RD counters out there. Gardevoir greatly helps your team against those threats.
Outside of rain, it should be noted that Gardevoir serves as a good support poke which it's attacks do actually hurt thanks to it's base 125 sp.atk.

Attacking moves: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Focus Blast.
Support moves: Wish, Will-o-Wisp, Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, Encore, Dual Screens, Healing Wish, Memento, Taunt.
Set up moves: Calm Mind.

Thoughts about some move/movesets: Gardevoir actually makes a fine "suicide Cresselia and Uxie " copy, with Dual Screens and Healing Wish/Memento. It is also noted that it can support with more than just Thunder Wave unlike Cresselia and Uxie: it has the option of Burn too, and also a sleepy move.
It is also a good semi tank/support poke with Wish. And it happens that it's probably one of hte most hard hitting support poke out there in UU , reaching a good 286 sp.atk stat even without any EVs or positive natures.
Also makes a good Specs user, specially against rain teams.
It's only option of set up is Calm Mind. Unless you want a little more bulk and Thunderbolt, Alakazam is better in this regard.

Jumpluff: Never used it, but i know how this thing is annoying. Base 110 speed, Encore, Sleep Powder and Leech Seed is all Jumpluff needs to be effectively annoying.

Attacking moves: U-Turn, Aerial Ace, Seed Bomb.
Support moves: Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Encore, Reflect, Memento, Sunny Day.
Set up moves: Swords Dance.

Thoughts about some moves/movesets: The standard one is obvious. As abvious as it is, it's still extremely annoying. It makes Jumpluff one of the best pokes to rack up damage. Pairing with Stealth Rock and Spikes makes Jumpluff a menace to most teams.
It's easy to use Jumpluff to set up Sunny Day, since it also gets th speed boost. Note that Jumpluff on the Sun is the second fastest poke of all barring Floatzel on rain(and not counting the Speed Boost pokes).
Memento and Reflect makes Jumpluff often a partner to Linoone. Beware.
Oh yes: like any Grass poke(barring two), Jumpluff gets Swords Dance. Good luck trying to hurt something with it's base 55 attack... unless this something is Quagsire or Gastrodon...

Heysup words: "I've never understood why Jumpluff is NU, it is one of the most ANNOYING Pokemon in the metagame".

Entei: said to be the worst legendary of all, Entei is doomed to be NU. Is this right? I don't think so... normally used as a CM user that can beat Chansey(through 101 HP Subs), it has a high base 115 attack... that unfortunaytely no one uses. You'l see why.

Attacking moves: Fire Fang, Stone Edge, Return, Iron Head, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Fire Blast, Eruption, Hidden Power, Solarbeam.

Support moves: Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, Reflect.

Set up moves: Calm Mind.

Thoughts about some moves/movesets: as you can see, Entei movepool is awful. It wastes a high attack with a weak STAB move, having to rely on it's non STAB moves (Stone Edge is Entei saving grace).
Using it's lower sp.atk, Entei seems to have much more success. Over it's two gerbil partners, Entei:
-can create 101 HP Subs unlike Raikou.
-Has more HP and speed over Suicune with the same sp.atk, meaning it can spread it's EVs better than Suicune.
Suicune is OU, so...

Entei is speedy for UU. It's the third fastest fire poke, behind of only Rapidash in UU. It makes a fine Scarf user with Eruption, though it's outdone by Typhlosion in that regard.
It also makes use of a mixed set with Stone Edge and CM.

Caution: LONG THOUGHTS ABOUT ONE OF MY FAVORITE SETS EVER

One really effective moveset (i believe it's his best set) that no one uses is the "Cro" strategy. Entei is the only fire poke that can use this kind of set.
Entei is bulky. 115 base HP and 85 base def is good for UU. Although Fire isn't the best defensive type out there, Entei bulkyness makes up for it. Survives hits from things like Azumarill, Rhyperior and even Rampardos(unboosted Stone Edges). Dugtrio can't revenge this one easily. It's EQ doesn't KO Entei even after SR damage.
CM boosts it's sp.atk for Entei to actually hurt things, and it's sp.def to be even more difficult to take down. Status? Rest.
Entei can even beat bulky water pokes like non Haze/attacking Milotic, stalling it's Surfs to no end. Pressure helps you too.
Lava Plume is also what differs Entei from other "Cro" users out there. With a good burn rating, it effectively cripples the opponent with the best status possible for that kind of strategy, halving the opponent atk in half and making you almost unbeatable from the physical side while you boost your sp. def, giving Entei another advantage over other "Cro" users.
And, finally, Pressure: the stallish nature of this Entei just screams for that ability. And there it is!
Just beware of Houdoom and maybe Ninetales(the other Flash Fire users are easily stalled to death... unless you use Howl on Arcanine).

So, this Entei moveset is one of the most underrated if not the most underrated moveset EVER. This set was alone the reason why i wanted to write my opinion about this poke.

Rampardos: Said to be the most overrated poke before we could use it, thanks to it's huge atk stat and a STAB 150 BP move... Rampardos it is. It hits hard, while on the same time it can't take hits at all... it can?

Attacking moves: Head Smash, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Fire Punch, Zen Headbutt, Crunch, Focus Punch, Superpower, Thunderpunch.
Support moves: Stealth Rock, Toxic, Whirlwind, Pain Split.
Set up moves: Rock Polish, Swords Dance, Curse.

Thoughts about some moves/movesets: Rampardos = hitting hard. It's not a speedy poke, but Rock Polish can fix that. Swords Dance makes Rampardos overkill, though easily revenged.
DON'T try to support with Rampardos. Only if you need to bluff a attack, then use Stealth Rock, or Whirlwind(this one is nearly useless on Rampardos).
A Sandstorm boost is welcomed by Rampardos, letting it survive a Surf for, say, Milotic.
One thing worthy of mention: Rampardos is one of the best receivers for defense, thanks to it's sheer atk and Swords Dance. It gives Rampardos the bulk to set up and survive attacks, letting Rampardos to open holes on the opponent's team.

Curse is actually a funny move on Rampardos. With a Sandstorm boost, Rampardos isn't that frail: it's actually quite bulky, spotring almost the same bulk as a max/max Celebi. Pain Split adds on the funny aspect. Good for a "frail" poke, huh?

With some support, Ramparods can be a force to be reckoned with. Alone, it makes a fine poke.

There's my thoughts about those 4 pokes. You don't need to read... but if you do, let me know your thoughts about those.

LONG POST ENDS HERE.

Im really not sure why you posted that. This thread was more about creating a threat list.
And it was for the NU tier whereas your analysis is for the UU metagame.
Other than that it is good, i will try some of them.

Im really not sure why you posted that. This thread was more about creating a threat list.
And it was for the NU tier whereas your analysis is for the UU metagame.
Other than that it is good, i will try some of them.
I posted it because it's on the UU board.
And i like to share some thoughts about some not so used pokes, since i use them a lot.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Raichu is a pretty big threat in NU, as he has access to a wide variety of moves that can cause an immediate threat in NU.

First things first, Raichu's Nasty Plot Sweeper set can be particularly devastating for unprepared teams. His Sub Punch can also prove to be frustrating as Volt Tackle is a pretty powerful STAB move in it's own right.

He's been through the rough for TWO TIERS Now. Specs Typhlosion is an imminent threat teams.
Scarf isn't as necessary due to this tier's lack of speed.

Well, seeing as we dont have an NU section, i posted it here...i guess i caused a bit of unnecessary confusion....
Don't worry. It's always good to give some thoughts.
Just change the UU to NU pokes. The arguments are still valid, mainly the moveset ones.

All right, i think you guys are misunderstanding the purpose of this thread. This is supposed to be used for NU RMTs. not for analysis. I just didnt know where to post it, so i posted it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)