Resource NU Teambuilding Lab V3 [open 25 hours a day]

Status
Not open for further replies.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Choice Banded Archeops
Requested by: erisia
Built by: Silver Aurum (shaneghoul gave me his blessing)

Archeops @ Choice Band
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

Decided to throw together another squad since the lab has been a bit dead lately. So starting out I had envisioned a sort of volt-turn core with some fun wallbreaker. I decided to pursue this concept and started out by throwing on a Choice Scarf Rotom to provide immediate speed control and complete the volt-turn core. I went on to add Abomasnow as it benefits from the things that Choice Banded Archeops lures in such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Piloswine. It also provides a way of immediately pressuring Lanturn, something that Rotom really appreciates. I was lacking a rocker and fire resist so I decided to throw on SpD Swords Dance Rhydon. This also provides me with a blanket check to physical attackers as well as an electric immunity. I went on to add a Calm Mind Xatu, to provide a secondary way of breaking bulky boosters like Mega-Audino. This set is interchangeable with standard pivot if you want. I was lacking a real switch ins to special attackers so I threw on a Hariyama. I'm aware of the fact that you requested offense and this is more so bulky offense, but hey, as a balance builder this was about as close as I could get!

I hope you enjoy the team n_n
(Also here are a few changes you could mess around with. Toxic Steelix > Rhydon with Pivot Xatu. Heavy Slam Hariyama with Pivot Xatu.)
Thanks very much for this! I swapped out Rhydon for Steelix as I never seem to have any luck with Tank Rhydon and it's been going pretty well, Yama + Archeops seems to alleviate most of the Fire-weakness. One thing I noticed is that this team has problems with Quagsire as Abomasnow is the only thing that outright beats it (Rotom is a good deterrant but it relies on getting the Trick off, which is difficult if the opponent has Mega Audino.), I was thinking Grass Knot might be good on Xatu for this reason? Or Signal Beam so that I have a stronger Malamar check (because again my main play against Malamar atm is to Trick it a Scarf and lock it into Knock Off, which means Archeops can't usually get off a U-turn).

Silver Aurum

Hello there
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks very much for this! I swapped out Rhydon for Steelix as I never seem to have any luck with Tank Rhydon and it's been going pretty well, Yama + Archeops seems to alleviate most of the Fire-weakness. One thing I noticed is that this team has problems with Quagsire as Abomasnow is the only thing that outright beats it (Rotom is a good deterrant but it relies on getting the Trick off, which is difficult if the opponent has Mega Audino.), I was thinking Grass Knot might be good on Xatu for this reason? Or Signal Beam so that I have a stronger Malamar check (because again my main play against Malamar atm is to Trick it a Scarf and lock it into Knock Off, which means Archeops can't usually get off a U-turn).
With Steelix > Tank Rhydon you have a more reliable way of deterring bulky boosters like CM Barrier Musharna and Defensive CM Variants of Mega-Audino. This Xatu set is a bit strange but it alleviates both of the weaknesses you mentioned to an extent. The 40 special attack EV's put the Signal Beam roll on Malamar significantly in your favor. With this change you may not be able to guarantee keeping rocks off the field as reliably vs Steelix but it's at least worth a shot

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 40 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Signal Beam
- Roost

40 SpA Xatu Signal Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Malamar: 188-224 (50 - 59.5%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
40 SpA Xatu Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 324-384 (82.2 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I would like a bulky/HO team built around these two, sets are changeable but i would love taunt on pyroar please!

Pyroar (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

29hp ivs +4 evs should hit a life orb number if my math is right.

Golurk @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock

Pyroar is a fun wall/stall breaker with the a good speed teir and decent spA taunt/wisp helps alot with its frailty and stopping stall. Golurk covers pyroars fighting weakness as well and overing huge compression stoping voltswitch giveing rocks and spin blocking and some breaking of its own. Duel lifeorbs offer nice power and versatility to both mons and make good offensive core covering both atking stats.

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Anyone going to take my Muk request?
no, and for a few reasons.
  1. Muk does not learn Earthquake
  2. Curse isn't very viable since Muk is more suited as a mixed lure attacker or a choiced attacker due to its high atk and good movepool
Because of this I'm going to have to deny your request.

In other news due to NUPL and lack of interest in general ill clean through the requests w/ the help of someone else and shut down the thread for now. the thread should be opened again after nupl so look forward to that.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
^ what ras said. All old requests will be removed from the spreadsheet since the metagame is quite different now. Also consider the lab open for new requests.

Edit: Spreadsheet has been fully updated, use it to keep track who is building which team.

Last edited:
Gunna just repost this because i think its still a pretty viable pair....

I would like a bulky/HO team built around these two, sets are changeable but i would love taunt on pyroar please!

Pyroar (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

29hp ivs +4 evs should hit a life orb number if my math is right.

Golurk @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock

Pyroar is a fun wall/stall breaker with the a good speed teir and decent spA taunt/wisp helps alot with its frailty and stopping stall. Golurk covers pyroars fighting weakness as well and overing huge compression stoping voltswitch giveing rocks and spin blocking and some breaking of its own. Duel lifeorbs offer nice power and versatility to both mons and make good offensive core covering both atking stats.

EDIT: Also first!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide

I'm gonna request a balanced team made around Cradily. Cradily is a cool mon who checks or counters a lot of things, like Charizard, Lanturn, and the newly dropped Gastrodon. It also is one of the only mons in the tier to have both Stealth Rock and a recovering move, which is pretty neat. However, it gets hurt by a lot of common threats, like Steelix, and is set-up bait for some sweepers, like Malamar, so it does need some support to function, but Cradily is a really underrated mon, and I really wanna see what you can make with it! Thanks in advance!

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Claydol @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Claydol is a really cool mon that is unfortunately kind of awkward due to its oddly placed stats and volatile defensive typing that gives it numerous switch-in opportunities but also makes it easy to force out. Building a team where this guy truly shines over Hitmonchan / Kabutops sounds like a pretty good exercise! The set is just a suggestion but I want this Claydol to be reasonably powerful; Shadow Ball is probably one of the main reasons to run it after all.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
How about...

Magmortar @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash / Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass / Focus Blast
- Earthquake

I'd like to request an offensive team based around Life Orb Magmortar. Magmortar is one of, if not the best wall-breakers in NU, thanks to a huge base 125 Special Attack stat combined with not only great coverage moves and a solid move-pool, but also a nifty ability in Vital Spirit, which allows it to check Vileplume, Lilligant, and Jynx,as Vital Spirit makes it immune to Sleep Powder and Lovely Kiss, respectively.

Requesting an Aggron team after the tier shift.

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Low Kick
- Double-Edge / Toxic

or

Aggron @ Stone Plate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Low Kick
- Magnet Rise

Rapture

I got so much time today
Was meaning to post a team today but my computer is acting up so that'll have to wait. In the meantime I'd like to announce that I'm looking for two builders to join the lab. If you're interested pm me following the directions in the third post of this thread.

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
Cradily Balance
Requested by: Cheryl.
Built by: lucianvega
Approved by: Shadowtags

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Rock Tomb
- Recover

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Sandslash @ Earth Plate/Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

-While Cradily has always been a low ladder joke pokemon, I still think it has some great qualities since its defenses are impressive, and being able to check so many things with its typing and ability in storm drain which makes it immune to Scald makes it a decent addition for balance. I started with cradily+musharna core, since musharna is one of the best defensive pokemon in meta, it covers cradily fighting weaknesses while checking some of the top metagame threats like tauros/archeops which sp.def cradily cant take on ( Cradily is considered normal check and while its true that it easily counters kangaskhan and specs swellow, tauros with Iron tail just destroys it). Next pokemon we have is Weezing, team was pretty weak to Steelix and Scyther, and theres no better answer to both than weezing, set is standard and helps team beat malamar since i decided to run heal bell over signal beam on musharna. Magmortar is a great wallbreaker with amazing coverage, and team was weak to ghost types and burns, plus cradily isnt the greatest fire check alone so i decided to add mag which covers all these weaknesses and has good offensive presence, its also a nice vivillon check if cradily gets haxed lol. Team was looking a bit boring, and since I already covered majority of metagame I had few choices for 5th pokemon but Raichu was looking most heat, its a setup sweeper/wincond that benefit from magmortar weakening lanturns and killing gastrodon with HP grass, after nasty plot it hits pretty hard and just destroys steel/rock types like steelix/aggron with focus blast. And last pokemon we have is Sandslash (Hazard control), i always considered slash a pretty threatening pokemon, especially the SD set which has great matchup vs most stealth rockers except torterra(which i have counter for anyway), opponent can also bring xatu vs it thinking its a stealth rocker and just gets bopped by stone edge. Its also a rock resist and Evs outspeed aggron while rest is in HP to maintain bulk. Earth plate/Lum berry are both good choice for item, so it depends on decision.

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
^ btw I forgot to mention this last night but you probably should run baton pass over heal bell on musharna since a slow pivot makes Sandslash's job of spinning a LOT easier imo.

Offensive Claydol
Requested by erisia
Built by yours truly

Aggron @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Low Kick

Claydol @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Tail / Pursuit
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Bug Bite

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Here's a pretty cool build I made with Claydol before my computer broke. Nothing too special for the most part. Normal type + Spikes is a tried and true method for free wins and Tauros especially appreciates the hazard support due to its insanely good movepool making hard to check from a defensive standpoint. I opted to run Iron Tail on tauros since the team is pretty squishy versus piloswine and the more ways you have to whittle it down the better. Pursuit is another option just because trapping is broken. Next I used defensive Aggron since it pairs pretty well with Claydol and it's a rocker that Xatu really doesnt appreciate trying to switch in on. Metal Burst is also a cool niche aggron has that can let it punish weaker physical attacks pretty well. Shuca Berry lets me check opposing Tauros and potentially get off a strong attack with Metal Burst. The 16 defense ev's hits a jump point and the investment in sp def and hp lets me check swellow pretty well. Nothing else about the team really stands out, Scarf Scyther is nice for some extra speed control and is a solid cleaner once spike damage starts racking up while Av lanturn is a fire resist that beats gastrodon which was looking somewhat annoying. Standard pivot Garb rounds out the team as a nice fighting check and back up normal check.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-370916777 - In this game I had Banded Scyther but I've been finding Scarf more consistent on this build since, still might be worth trying if you dont consider the extra speed that important.

Edit: changed the aggron set to a better one

Last edited:
Requesting a team around SD Abomasnow.

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Hasty / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Blizzard / Earthquake

Not much to say about this set as it's fairly standard. I want the team to focus around this + another cleaner that benefits from Abomasnows Wallbreaking Capabilities. Don't care if it's a setup sweeper or something along the lines of Tauros. I would imagine
makes for a good team partner too, as it lures in grass types and is a reliable scald switch in. But yeah, no preferences other than that. Go crazy!

Shadestep

volition immanent
Pyroar + Golurk
Requested by: brolatypus
Built by: Shadestep

Golurk @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock

Pyroar (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 SpA / 92 SpD / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

Barbaracle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Razor Shell
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Switcheroo / X-Scissor

hi brolatypus, here's your team with Pyroar + Golurk! You said you wanted to have an Offense-based team, so here you go! I started off with Pyroar, Golurk and Shiftry which have great offensive synergy, and are able to put a lot of pressure on more defensive teams. Offensive AV Lanturn fit the team perfectly, as it gave a nice pivot, and a sturdier Water-resist than Shiftry. Most importantly, it dealt with Floatzel which otherwise wouldve completely run through the team. I added a fast Taunt-Weezing next, as the team struggled with Ground-types (DD Rhydon, in particular) and Malamar. It also gave the team something to combat Kangaskhan better with, as Scrappy Double-Edges mess up Golurk. It still does a ton to Weezing but atleast you can burn it and have a more reliable switch-in for it. Lastly, I felt like the team needed a way to mess up bulkier teams, while also providing speed-control as my entire team was outsped by Swellow, Floatzel, Tauros and Archeops. Superpower OHKOs Tauros, and Switcheroo messes with Pokemon like Musharna, Steelix, Regirock, etc.. Switcheroo is more useful vs bulkier, Stall-ish teams, and keeping your Scarf is definitely better vs offensive teams that still have a Swellow lurking in the back, for example. X-Scissor is reliable coverage that handles Malamar and Psychics (Mesprit, Musharna), but I haven't found it to be that useful.

Thanks for having me on the team Shadowtags, and I hope you enjoy your build brolatypus!

eyo boys, really loving the work going on here ATM and this project getting some love. Would it be possible if I can get some Volturn Balance around Rotom + Archeops to ladder with? U-Turn Archeops has been one of my favourite mons, and Rotom has a crazy good typing and movepool for maintaining momentum.

Archeops
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earth Power
- U-Turn
- Roost

Rotom @ Whatever it doesn't matter too much
- Volt Switch

thanks in advance

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Can I get a team built around these two mons right here? I've been hearing a lot of complaints about how broken Combusken BPing into Stored Power Xatu is since it can't get inflicted with status by the means of Toxic and with good bulk can steamroll through teams. I don't know the exact sets for each of the core members since I have no experience actually using it. Combusken is something like Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Baton Pass, Protect or you have Will-o-Wisp over one of its coverage options and Xatu is Stored Power, Roost, Calm Mind, and I think Signal Beam so it isn't hard walled by Dark-types like Shiftry and Malamar.

It would also be cool if you guys updated the Team Archive in the second to have outdated (Team isn't good in the meta anymore) or unusable (team contains a Pokemon not in NU anymore) in red text so newer players trying to snatch teams don't grab a bad / unusable team

Are you guys still looking for builders? This thing has been pretty inactive ever since its reopening. No offense obviously, but you built 3 teams in 2 weeks, that's not a whole lot. I would like to help out.

Rapture

I got so much time today
Are you guys still looking for builders? This thing has been pretty inactive ever since its reopening. No offense obviously, but you built 3 teams in 2 weeks, that's not a whole lot. I would like to help out.
I have all the builders I need at the moment. As far as the concern about our activity, I reopened the lab right before we got the new nu drops. There's still a lot to figure out about the new meta and the builders want to make sure whatever they put out is quality. So because of that please have some patience while we allow for the meta to settle.

With that being said, the OP is updated with the teams made so far, go check it out :o

U-turn Archeops + Rotom
Requested by: HJAD
Built by: Jarii

Archeops
Hasty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Roost

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Focus Blast
- Seed Bomb

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock

Hi HJAD, here's the team with U-turn Archeops + Rotom you requested! After looking at the core, I started by adding spikes to the team since both Archeops and Rotom are able to force switches and VoltTurn out, wittling down the opponents with continuous Spike-damage. I picked Garbodor and made it an offensive variant to be able to lure in things like Barbaracle of Gastrodon with Seed Bomb. This combinations allows you to put a lot of pressure on the majority of teams. Since the team began to be kind-of weak to faster pokemon (Swellow and Floatzel for example), I picked AV Hitmonchan next. Not only does it give the team a soft-check to both Floatzel and Swellow, but it also gives the team hazard removal which Archeops heavily appreciates. as the 4th mon I wanted a more reliable Water-switchin as well as a sturdier Normal-resist, so I went with Ferroseed. Ferroseed helps the team deal with threats like Barbaracle and Omastar, which is why it runs Bullet Seed over Protect or Thunder Wave. Lastly, I wanted a set-up Sweeper that really benefits from spikes-support that Garbodor provides, as well as being able to to switch-in to Fire-type attacks which brought me to Ninetales. Ninetales is a underrated sweeper in my opinion as it has a great movepool that allows it to get past normal Fire-resists like Hariyama and Lanturn. It has mediocre SpA, but Spikes + Nasty Plot helps aid that and make Ninetales a very dangerous Mon to deal with.

Thanks to Shadowtags for having me on the team. I hope you like your team HJAD!

Rapture

I got so much time today
posting this for user rozes
SD Abomasnow
Requested by Deeerpz
Built by rozes

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Blizzard

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 152 Def / 208 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Toxic

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Signal Beam
- Healing Wish

Here's a pretty solid bulky offense build with SD Abomasnow. It functions well both as a breaker and late game cleaner depending on how Tauros and Hariyama match up versus the opponents squad. Standard Tauros set next with Iron Tail in the last slot to break things like DD Rhydon which Tauros would be set up fodder for otherwise. Av guts Yama gives the team a nice mix of defensive and offensive utility since most people expect Thick Fat and having a wisp absorber helps with the likes of Rotom and Mismagius which hassle the team otherwise. The ev spread speed creeps standard av sets while maximizing attack, rest in sp def to make the most out of the Assault Vest. Steelix + Lanturn is our defensive core and can take on the majority of the meta by themselves, standard sets overall so I wont go into too much detail. Finally Scarf Mesprit functions as a fighting check and good way to grab momentum with u-turn. Healing Wish is nice as well since it lets you play more recklessly with your offensive mons and Abomasnow is only good with healing wish support. (my opinion, not rozes)

Rozes sniped me with Deeerpz request but two teams are always good!
SD Abomasnow + CB Aggron
Requested by Deeerpz Gorechomp
Built by Realistic Waters

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 152 Def / 208 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Aggron @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Low Kick
- Double-Edge

Nice balance team with SD Abomasnow and CB Aggron. Swords Dance Aboma can be a unsuspecting threat and it was quite fun to build around. In the last slot I went with EQ> Blizzard to be able to catch Fires/Steels/Poison and it was mostly more beneficial. Lanturn offers nice synergy with Abomasnow and your able to bring it in safely with a slow volt switch. It's also there to check most fire types and be an electric stop it's also there to support the team with Heal Bell and get free burns with scald. I've got Claydol as the Stealth Rock setter and being able to spin at the same time. I wanted Claydol to be a little bulkier so I invested in HP, however 56's evs lets it outspeed Aggron and other max speed base 50's, max spA puts it into a nice power level. Shadow Ball gives it a way to pressure Xatu and most spinblockers and Earth power acts as your stab. Weezing acts as a reliable fighting switch in and soft checks Malamar with the ev spread. Weezing's annoying for most teams so it's a nice addition as it fits well. Swellow offers nice speed for the team and is able to punch through most balance teams with specs boomburst, tailwind is with you as you can help out Aggron or Abomasnow in the late game. And last there's Aggron acting as a soft ice/freeze dry check and handling Psychic types that like to stat boost. CB hurts everything. Hope you like it! :]

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a defending SPL Champion

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Grass

Requesting an offensive team built around mixed Electivire. I feel like it does have some potential with its coverage options and HJAD thinks its bad so I need to prove it to him.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)