Project NU TeamBuilding Lab (Open for Business in 2024)

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Hey, I’m new to the tier and wanted to play a team with Scrafty on it (I think he’s B tier last I checked but I might be wrong.) I assume he would fit best on a bulky offense team but I’m perfectly fine with something more passive if that works better
:sv/scrafty::sv/flygon::sv/slowbro::sv/munkidori::sv/klefki::sv/tsareena:
https://pokepast.es/b3591ecf63ca6429

We put this team up as a sample today, and it's one that I like a good bit. Scrafty + CB Flygon is nice because Flygon is REALLY good at drawing in Fairy-types and beating them down with Earthquake. Future Sight Slowbro further amps this up, as does Spikes support from Klefki. Munkidori is our Choice Scarf user in large part because it draws in Steel-types for Flygon, but it also is a bit better at beating Fairy-types on its own. Lastly, Tsareena gives us entry hazard control, and Triple Axel is nice to beat down Vileplume. Let me know if you have any questions ^^

I wonder if someone here could build a Sticky Web team (doesn't matter whether the webber is Galv or Smeargle tbh either's fine) with Porygon-Z. I'm not sure if Specs is considered a viable set for it in the current meta, but if it is I'd prefer that.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
I'd like an offense team that has CB Krookodile. CB Krook sounds like a fun Pokemon to use.
:sv/krookodile::sv/slowbro::sv/registeel::sv/noivern::sv/tsareena::sv/florges:
https://pokepast.es/c2814ba195e97b1c

The idea of this team is simple: set Future Sight, get Krookodile in, ???, profit. Basically, you're just trying to overwhelm any special walls---Steel-types in particular---with Future Sight Slowbro + Super Fang Noivern. Noivern is great at getting Krookodile in against special walls, and from there it's easy pickings. Choice Scarf Tera Fairy Florges was chosen as the final member, with its Tera Fairy Moonblast being a solid cleaning tool. Hope you like the team.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
I wonder if someone here could build a Sticky Web team (doesn't matter whether the webber is Galv or Smeargle tbh either's fine) with Porygon-Z. I'm not sure if Specs is considered a viable set for it in the current meta, but if it is I'd prefer that.
:Galvantula: :Porygon-Z: :Lycanroc-Dusk: :Torterra: :Dragalge: :Talonflame:
https://pokepast.es/351426df4bf078e1

Pretty straightforward webs team, Adamant Torterra outspeeds scarf ape / shao under webs after a smash which is really nice and it can setup on most of the stuff that comes in on P-Z. Tera Steel Dragalge ended up replacing Kingdra on the OG team because I needed something to absorb tspikes / act as a secondary fighting res and be able to check boots cloyster which can absolutely annihilate most webs teams. You can probably consider TSpikes over Focus Blast but generally this team is so fast paced that you'd rather be able to hit Tera-Steel mons than bother w tspikes chip since you wanna win quickly. Talon gives you a fast ground immune that can surprise prio users like Lycan-Dusk and Lucario with Upper Hand, and the random flame body burns are super helpful for making setup opportunities for tort / lycandusk. Finally, Tera-Dark LycanDusk gives the team some priority for other webs / HO matchups, and a potential psychic-immunity if necessary (if you dont find yourself needing it, tera fighting or tera flying work well here). P-Z was ironically the most expendable mon on the team, but it does hit hard when it gets in and it at least offers a ghost immunity to make things like scarf chandelure think twice before locking into shadow ball, as well as being able to annoy fat teams with trick. You could also consider Life Orb P-Z (potentially even Download > Analytic) but it doesn't make a massive difference imo and Trick can help facilitate Torterra sweeps.

:sv/scrafty::sv/flygon::sv/slowbro::sv/munkidori::sv/klefki::sv/tsareena:
https://pokepast.es/b3591ecf63ca6429

We put this team up as a sample today, and it's one that I like a good bit. Scrafty + CB Flygon is nice because Flygon is REALLY good at drawing in Fairy-types and beating them down with Earthquake. Future Sight Slowbro further amps this up, as does Spikes support from Klefki. Munkidori is our Choice Scarf user in large part because it draws in Steel-types for Flygon, but it also is a bit better at beating Fairy-types on its own. Lastly, Tsareena gives us entry hazard control, and Triple Axel is nice to beat down Vileplume. Let me know if you have any questions ^^
This is quite a fun team. I’m thinking about making scrafty tera poison to allow it to stay in against other fighting types (except gallade but I have slowbro for that) and giving munkidori shadow ball over focus blast because a. It helps cover the psychic types that Tera poison scrafty no longer handles and b. So I don’t have to click focus blast (70% my ass)

any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, and thanks again for making the team

Could somebody build me a momentum offense or a bulky offense built around this Munkidori and Mineshao sets please?
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Munkidori (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Toxic Chain
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

Rabia

GP & NU Leader
This is quite a fun team. I’m thinking about making scrafty tera poison to allow it to stay in against other fighting types (except gallade but I have slowbro for that) and giving munkidori shadow ball over focus blast because a. It helps cover the psychic types that Tera poison scrafty no longer handles and b. So I don’t have to click focus blast (70% my ass)

any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, and thanks again for making the team
Tera Poison is a perfectly fine option for Scrafty. If you make Munkidori Shadow Ball, then I think you're better off doing Flying or Ghost for its Tera type.

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Howdy! Hope yall are having a great day. I would like to request a balanced team featuring Delphox! I would really appreciate it! Thank you
:pmd/delphox: :pmd/rhyperior: :pmd/klefki: :pmd/slowbro: :pmd/tsareena: :pmd/mienshao:

This Delphox team is built on 3 sort of structures: FWG, Rhyperior + Klefki + Slowbro, and Mienshao + Psychic-type. Delphox isn't the strongest, so being able to get a Spike or Stealth Rock up is benefits it a lot. Thunder Wave on Slowbro and Klefki targets faster threats like Infernape, Mienshao, and Noivern that outrun and beat Delphox pre-Tera. The goal of the team is to get at least one or 2 layers of hazards followed by Mienshao pivoting into Delphox or Slowbro. Future Sight on Slowbro pairs well with Mienshao to beat down bulkier teams. Tsareena is there for hazard control and, if needed, can Tera Dark against Psychic-types that might pose a threat to this team, although Encore on Delphox can help ease that problem.

:pmd/delphox: :pmd/rhyperior: :pmd/klefki: :pmd/slowbro: :pmd/tsareena: :pmd/mienshao:

This Delphox team is built on 3 sort of structures: FWG, Rhyperior + Klefki + Slowbro, and Mienshao + Psychic-type. Delphox isn't the strongest, so being able to get a Spike or Stealth Rock up is benefits it a lot. Thunder Wave on Slowbro and Klefki targets faster threats like Infernape, Mienshao, and Noivern that outrun and beat Delphox pre-Tera. The goal of the team is to get at least one or 2 layers of hazards followed by Mienshao pivoting into Delphox or Slowbro. Future Sight on Slowbro pairs well with Mienshao to beat down bulkier teams. Tsareena is there for hazard control and, if needed, can Tera Dark against Psychic-types that might pose a threat to this team, although Encore on Delphox can help ease that problem.
Tysm mate!

Could somebody build me a momentum offense or a bulky offense built around this Munkidori and Mineshao sets please?
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Munkidori (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Toxic Chain
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
:Munkidori: :Mienshao: :Registeel: :Tsareena: :Infernape: :Slowbro:
https://pokepast.es/4094397e6ebe6a32

Straightforward voltturn team with a standard defensive backbone and an alternative endgame wincon in Slowbro. I know you requested taunt on Mienshao but Fake Out is much better to recover momentum and is especially nice as Mienshao's speed tier is lacking compared to a lot of the other offensive options available in the tier, and taunt doesn't really have many targets. Aim to get rocks up and chip down enemy teams with your strong momentum vortex and breaking options. Identifying which pokemon you want dead early is key, and from there you want to force sequences that bring it out to neutralize it, moving into an endgame on your terms.

I want to request a balanced team with a slight lean to an offense-minded team, if you can, with Mienshao and Flygon. I don't want both of them to have the same item because I want to take teams with a surprise. These Pokemon are probably the best leads in the game, so I want to build off what they offer. I think a better way to say this is that I would like to start the game with these two but slightly more with Mienshao because it's faster. Also please add a modest with a decent amount of spa invested Reuiniclus with future sight to the team because I think it has potential.

Wadley

formerly outbackrabbit
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending NU Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
:Ninetales: :Venusaur: :espeon: :Infernape: :Typhlosion-Hisui: :Krookodile:
https://pokepast.es/4d153deee78b565c
So this is a very basic but good sun team the idea of the team is just lead ninetail and swish out into espeon, get hit activate eject pack then bring in on of the 3 mons that benefits sun just start clicking vensaur set is a bit new I believe with all the muk-g around you need e power so that why I drop sludge bomb but you can replace giga for e power if you like, infernape and typhlosion-h are your basic beat stick you can swish the items on infernape to scarf if you want more speed control and make typhlosion-h spec or hdb. Krook is there has you rock setter and just around good mon, but with a lack of a spinner/defogger rocks can be a little bit of a nuisance but is ho so it going to be a quick game i hope you like it shitterlow

Last edited:
Possibly combine that request with mine? ^

:Typhlosion-Hisui: :Munkidori:

Looking for a T-Spike/hazard stack team that can reliably get (t)spikes down, and abuse the status inflicted w/ Typh-H's Infernal Parade, or even Munkidori's Venoshock. Cool partners could be Poliwrath (RestTalk Knock Circle Throw? Bulk Up?), Tsareena/Bramble (spin, patching up ground weakness a lil.) Fake Out Shao could be a decent fit as well, racking up extra poison damage w/ the flinch.

Currently running this build myself to test the concept out and its been fine so far- I haven't run into too many heavy offense teams that I think could outpressure me and give me trouble, but against fat/balance builds it's been feasting.
1712409659772.png

Last edited:

Rabia

GP & NU Leader
a non-sun team typhlosion-hisui
https://pokepast.es/234119fb0bb00035
:typhlosion-hisui::incineroar::magnezone::slowbro::flygon::tsareena:
Fire-spam team with Choice Scarf Hisuian Typhlosion and Flame Charge + Swords Dance Incineroar. There's a good shot the latter ends up just wallbreaking for the former, but stacking them together should let you overwhelm shared checks like Noivern, Diancie, and bulky Water-types. From there, you get a defensive core of Assault Vest Magnezone (with Tera Blast Grass to maybe pick off a Quagsire for example), Calm Mind Slowbro, and utility Flygon. Tsareena rounds off the team, but it has High Jump Kick to weaken opposing Incineroar for your Typhlosion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)